Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:03:20 PM

windows wallet sync hangs on 3hrs ago. anyone got the same problem?

Same here, restarted twice, no moving past that hump....

This is current issue we discussing with multipools, the sync will only happen in 15 - 30 hours from now.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

I agree the multipools are not in the best interests of Guldencoin. These pools have miners whose solely goal is trading the coin, if needed with big pump and dumps.
They do not give a sh.. about the future of Guldencoin. They rip it, take their profits and after it breaks down they move on to the next coin.

The goal of Guldencoin is to be(come) an accepted currency used in real-life payments. These multi-pools are a big threat to that goal.
You should not be afraid to block them. If they want to bring on a fight, the community is strong enough to win that fight. If you block them, they can only dump coins once, instead of day by day.

Blocking ip's won't do much good, a proxy is set up in a flash. Instead it might be an idea to create a whitelist embedded in the code, but that generates (IMHO) a far more serious problem, it's called control and centralization. Isn't that also one of the primary things we want to avoid with crypto?

For now I don't worry to much. I've seen these problems on many other occasions and yes, they are a pest, but it can be overcome. My trust lies for a 100% with the DEV team, they for sure will sort it out.

Remember, this is a long term initiative, lets take these "bumps" as a sort of exercise  Grin

Sun still shines here  Cool

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:16:21 PM

I agree the multipools are not in the best interests of Guldencoin. These pools have miners whose solely goal is trading the coin, if needed with big pump and dumps.
They do not give a sh.. about the future of Guldencoin. They rip it, take their profits and after it breaks down they move on to the next coin.

The goal of Guldencoin is to be(come) an accepted currency used in real-life payments. These multi-pools are a big threat to that goal.
You should not be afraid to block them. If they want to bring on a fight, the community is strong enough to win that fight. If you block them, they can only dump coins once, instead of day by day.

Blocking ip's won't do much good, a proxy is set up in a flash. Instead it might be an idea to create a whitelist embedded in the code, but that generates (IMHO) a far more serious problem, it's called control and centralization. Isn't that also one of the primary things we want to avoid with crypto?

For now I don't worry to much. I've seen these problems on many other occasions and yes, they are a pest, but it can be overcome. My trust lies for a 100% with the DEV team, they for sure will sort it out.

Remember, this is a long term initiative, lets take these "bumps" as a sort of exercise  Grin

Sun still shines here  Cool

Agree. Blocking goes against the whole core belief in decentralization. Patience is what is needed here, not knee jerk reactions. Let the team get Digishield working and the network will settle down and even out. No real harm will be done, miners understand what is going on and users will see is as a "speed bump" and forget about it when things steady up....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:21:27 PM

Remember, this is a long term initiative, lets take these "bumps" as a sort of exercise  Grin

Sun still shines here  Cool

Agree. Blocking goes against the whole core belief in decentralization. Patience is what is needed here, not knee jerk reactions. Let the team get Digishield working and the network will settle down and even out. No real harm will be done, miners understand what is going on and users will see is as a "speed bump" and forget about it when things steady up....

I have to agree with the above, when we rollout digishield it needs to be done right.

I have just used bitsms.eu and the transaction was processed straight away, so in terms of merchant usage there is no harm done which would be a concern. Like I have said previously implementing digishield is our top priority but it must be done with thorough testing.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:37:15 PM

I have msg'd Terk, the OP for Clevermining, and kindly asked that he remove NLG from the pool.  I'll see what he says.

However, a difficulty algorithm change needs to happen soon.  KNC starts shipping batch 1 of the titans this week.  This is an event as big, if not bigger, as when scrypt coins went from GPUs to ASICs.  Expect some crazy things to happen in crypto in the next few weeks.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:37:38 PM

Some good news is the next blocks have come through. We will be monitoring if the same mass spike in hash occurs again.

veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:43:39 PM

Some "angsthaas" was panicselling just after the blocks were found. Thanks for the NLG  Smiley
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:51:19 PM

Some "angsthaas" was panicselling just after the blocks were found. Thanks for the NLG  Smiley

In turmoil is greatest chance to get bargains as people worry. This is when good buys come.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:07:02 PM

Terk has gotten back to me.  He had originally limited the hashrate that was mining on NLG to a 4th of the total hashrate of the pool.  He has decreased that to an 8th of the total hashrate.  He asked that we monitor the chain and let him know how it looks.

While he hasn't agreed to stop mining NLG, he did agree to work with us to get things running smoothly.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:18:39 PM

Terk has gotten back to me.  He had originally limited the hashrate that was mining on NLG to a 4th of the total hashrate of the pool.  He has decreased that to an 8th of the total hashrate.  He asked that we monitor the chain and let him know how it looks.

While he hasn't agreed to stop mining NLG, he did agree to work with us to get things running smoothly.

-Fuse

Thanks so much Fuse for contacting him to get this organised. Things appear to be a lot more stable currently but will see how it goes overnight.

Terk

Merit: 522

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:23:13 PM

Terk has gotten back to me.  He had originally limited the hashrate that was mining on NLG to a 4th of the total hashrate of the pool.  He has decreased that to an 8th of the total hashrate.  He asked that we monitor the chain and let him know how it looks.

-Fuse

Just to correct things. We put less than 8th of our pool hashrate to NLG.

CleverMining always had an algorithm to limit amount of hashrate pointed at any coin depending on coin difficulty, to don't pump the coin difficulty too much. It works great with DigiShield coins and works well with most KGW coins. I'm not sure why NLG is different here. Maybe KGW doesn't work well with longer times between blocks (most coins these days have 60-second blocks)?

What I did is limited amount of hashpower pointed to NLG to 1/8th of what we point at any other coin with the same difficulty. This isn't related to our total pool hashrate, it's related only to coin difficulty and expected time to find a block. We adjust our maximum allowed hashrate to coin difficulty to don't find blocks too fast. NLG has 8x handicap here from now on. This means we allow 8x less hashpower pointed to NLG than to other coins at the same difficulty.

NLG difficulty already dropped after this change and remains steady. Times between blocks started being more regular. I hope this will help regular pools to also find good blocks and will prevent high difficulty jumps and long times between blocks.

We don't want to withdraw away completely from NLG as we have responsibilities to our users. We promised them to maximize their profits and to mine coins which are profitable. But we also don't want to harm coins and this is why I wanted to find some middle ground between CleverMining users interests and Guldencoin community interests. I hope I found the right balance. I will keep this 8x handicap until Sep 26th when I heard you plan to launch the new difficulty readjustment algorithm.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

Terk has gotten back to me.  He had originally limited the hashrate that was mining on NLG to a 4th of the total hashrate of the pool.  He has decreased that to an 8th of the total hashrate.  He asked that we monitor the chain and let him know how it looks.

-Fuse

CleverMining always had an algorithm to limit amount of hashrate pointed at any coin depending on coin difficulty, to don't pump the coin difficulty too much. It works great with DigiShield coins and works well with most KGW coins. I'm not sure why NLG is different here. Maybe KGW doesn't work well with longer times between blocks (most coins these days have 60-second blocks)?

What I did is limited amount of hashpower pointed to NLG to 1/8th of what we point at any other coin with the same difficulty. This isn't related to our total pool hashrate, it's related only to coin difficulty and expected time to find a block. We adjust our maximum allowed hashrate to coin difficulty to don't find blocks too fast. NLG has 8x handicap here from now on. This means we allow 8x less hashpower pointed to NLG than to other coins at the same difficulty.

NLG difficulty already dropped after this change and remains steady. Times between blocks started being more regular. I hope this will help regular pools to also find good blocks and will prevent high difficulty jumps and long times between blocks.

We don't want to withdraw away completely from NLG as we have responsibilities to our users. We promised them to maximize their profits and to mine coins which are profitable. But we also don't want to harm coins and this is why I wanted to find some middle ground between CleverMining users interests and Guldencoin community interests. I hope I found the right balance. I will keep this 8x handicap until Sep 26th when I heard you plan to launch the new difficulty readjustment algorithm.

Thanks for stepping up and making the change, it helps us all in the long run!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:36:00 PM

Agreed.

Also, thanks for clarifying the changes that were made.  +1

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Wildwest

Activity: 1742
Merit: 315

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:07:33 PM

Agreed.

Also, thanks for clarifying the changes that were made.  +1

-Fuse

Absolutely amazing how people are working together to help this fucking fantastic coin out. Respect to everyone here!!

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:30:18 PM

http://www.guldencoinfaucet.nl/

Donations welcome. let's spread some coins!
I will donate in a minute too  Wink

With thnx too Rogier (Dutch treath) https://forum.guldencoin.com/index.php?topic=372.15

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:35:26 PM

Now that's settled, let's get back to signing the petition! Let's get Guldencoin onto Coinbase! http://www.guldenpetitie.nl

If everyone that signs gets 5-10 people to sign as well. We'll get to our goal by Sunday.

Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:49:31 PM

Now that's settled, let's get back to signing the petition! Let's get Guldencoin onto Coinbase! http://www.guldenpetitie.nl

If everyone that signs gets 5-10 people to sign as well. We'll get to our goal by Sunday.

Yes! I told all my friends and some relatives too.
If you have twitter, facebook or some other social media just put in the message.

As a member of the community getting 5 to 10 people signing is not too hard to do.

And again, Roel, great initiative!

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:55:15 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 06:57:12 PM by Halofire

Don't forget to vote here too:
https://forum.guldencoin.com/index.php?topic=521.0

I appreciate it. Smiley

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:55:18 PM

CryptoGift.eu on hold!

Before we can continue the build of cryptogift.eu we need to know more about the tax rules. At this moment it is unknown if we need to pay taxes and if so when.

Read more @ http://blog.cryptogift.eu/item/6/Cryptocurrency-en-omzetbelasting.html

veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:47:09 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 06:34:14 PM by veertje

I promised 2 people some NLG for the next people they find signing after that. If those people download the wallet and sign, I give some NLG to the first 10 also..
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: