Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:55:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LightningAsic Gridseed Controller Firmware V3  (Read 50864 times)
sandor111 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:50:12 PM

Well just bricked mine.  It froze when right after I issued the command to write the file, and now nothing is showing up on my network nor can I reset anything with it.

Well shit I did not realize that the wifi was disabled...... turns out I did not brick it.

Two questions.
1) Why can't I ssh into the controller after I updated the software?
2) Why can't I add worker names for the backup pools?
3) Goes with 1) I want to ssh to add wifi support back as the tp-link that I have has been modded with more flash memory and has more space for files.

Other than the above issues, great work sandor111!  Seriously the software is tits and will probably be the solution that I choose for controlling these guys.  I've tried alot of the different solutions and so far this one has been the easiest setup after my "bricking" non bricking mistake I made, the setup was simple as pie.  For some reason only cpuminer is giving me the hashrate that I would expect from how many units I have.  Bfgminer one or two units will hang up + the hashrate is about 1MH lower than anticipated, Cgminer same, the local hashrate is what I expect but poolside its half of expected.  Your solution is wonderful, I just would love to see separate worker names for my pools as my username is different for different pools.  

SSH is disabled because the firmware is still proprietary and protected, however the cpuminer sources are on github and can be found here: https://github.com/siklon/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer
I will add worker names for backup pools in the next release.
I'm sorry but you'll have to wait until Jack feels comfortable giving me the green light to open up SSH.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:47:02 AM

got 20 tp-links today, gonna have some fun this weekend

Holy fuck, how many Gridseed miners do you have?
not so many, to my bad

but I want to do the 64MB mod on all of them and sell them,
so people in Europe could get them faster than from SLboat
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:33:04 AM

Hey,these gridseeds mine only LTC or just specific altcoins Huh  & do you have to compile or will just a bat file work Huh

Thanks!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:40:52 AM

Hey,these gridseeds mine only LTC or just specific altcoins Huh  & do you have to compile or will just a bat file work Huh

Thanks!!

i supose u didnt bothered to read anything abt these miners ; they mine any scrypt and they have their own stand alone miner
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:35:30 PM

FYI The switch pool at multipool.us is now working with the V3d firmware.

onefix

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 02:42:46 PM

A BIG thank you to sandor111 for all your effort.... this little control box was a waste of time, until your recent updates.

I've just updated to the Auto Overclock from the previous version and i'm getting an extra 500kh/s overall. Very happy  Grin

Many Thanks again
Mr. Jinx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

It should work with P2Pool, no reason why it wouldn't... which pool is that? If the job_id from the stratum response is longer than 8 bits it will break though, but I haven't seen that occur yet.
Same here, mining to p2pool doesn't seem to work correctly. I tried my own pool (ltc.chelloo.com) but it never shows up in the active miners or graphs.
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:03:23 PM

A BIG thank you to sandor111 for all your effort.... this little control box was a waste of time, until your recent updates.

I've just updated to the Auto Overclock from the previous version and i'm getting an extra 500kh/s overall. Very happy  Grin

Many Thanks again

I am glad it is working well for you, the auto overclocking algoritm still needs some finetuning but it seems to be increasing the overall hashrate for most.

juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:39:43 PM

Not working for me :

I'm on W7x64  v2.0 trying to update using Chrome as recommended. Any ideas?
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:41:36 PM

Not working for me :

It looks like it worked fine. Try a hard reset.

Also, open an 'incognito' browser in Chrome instead of a regular browser.
juve4v

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:44:46 PM

So should I move on flashing LAG3355_12-RC10d now? Or I should try uploading v1 bin as stated in Troubleshooting : "Image check 'platform_check_image' failed" : try the v1 bin image"  despite I am on v2 ?
li_gangyi

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:23:07 PM

Try the V1 image. It might throw up some more error messages but give it some time before either it auto reboots or you gotta reboot it.
poopypants

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:25:11 PM

Well just bricked mine.  It froze when right after I issued the command to write the file, and now nothing is showing up on my network nor can I reset anything with it.

Well shit I did not realize that the wifi was disabled...... turns out I did not brick it.

Two questions.
3) Goes with 1) I want to ssh to add wifi support back as the tp-link that I have has been modded with more flash memory and has more space for files.

Other than the above issues, great work sandor111!  Seriously the software is tits and will probably be the solution that I choose for controlling these guys.  I've tried alot of the different solutions and so far this one has been the easiest setup after my "bricking" non bricking mistake I made, the setup was simple as pie.  For some reason only cpuminer is giving me the hashrate that I would expect from how many units I have.  Bfgminer one or two units will hang up + the hashrate is about 1MH lower than anticipated, Cgminer same, the local hashrate is what I expect but poolside its half of expected.  Your solution is wonderful, I just would love to see separate worker names for my pools as my username is different for different pools.  

SSH is disabled because the firmware is still proprietary and protected, however the cpuminer sources are on github and can be found here: https://github.com/siklon/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer
I'm sorry but you'll have to wait until Jack feels comfortable giving me the green light to open up SSH.

I understand, just wish there was a way for me to enable wifi since I have enough memory on my TP-link to do so.  Will the auto freq would with volt modded units or is it only for stock ones.  Whats the ETA on the next update with separate worker names.  After that I will have every feature I need.  Very good job too, I will donate soon for the work you put in.

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
juve4v

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:00:36 PM

Not working for me :

Ok I upgraded to v3. I used v1 bin for my v2 controller as it didn't work with v2 bin.
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 07:04:34 PM

Two questions.

I understand, just wish there was a way for me to enable wifi since I have enough memory on my TP-link to do so.  Will the auto freq would with volt modded units or is it only for stock ones.  Whats the ETA on the next update with separate worker names.  After that I will have every feature I need.  Very good job too, I will donate soon for the work you put in.

I get what you're at, LightningAsic firmware will be fully open source pretty soon, someone just needs to convince Jack besides me.
Anyway, yes auto overclocking will work with any unit, in fact, some units are happily hashing at 925MHz with no hardware mods whatsoever.
No ETA on the next update, I will release it whenever I'm motivated enough to put enough work into it to call it a release.  Smiley

Another thing I'd like to bring up and make sure that people understand, it's directed at everyone using the auto overclocking feature, or isn't... HW errors! as long as the hashrate isn't lower than it's supposed to be, why should you care when the units occasionally like to throw HW errors? Some people get erratic about it and think that it might cause the chip to deteriorate long term (not true AFAIK), but the only thing that matters when mining is your pool's hashrate (which is why I opted to display that, instead of the 'real' hashrate) and it's what you will be earning. My point is, that it will never be mining at a frequency that will make you profit less.

juve4v

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:14:03 PM

Did any of you try the R52 voltmod described here : http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/gridseed-voltage-mod/
I'm in between when I have the time.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:15:20 PM

Thanks!!

i supose u didnt bothered to read anything abt these miners ; they mine any scrypt and they have their own stand alone miner

I have read ALOT on these miners,but the info has been conflicting....setup guides only mention LTC in most cases & I've seen a lot of different mining software.

Hence why I asked my stupid question  Cheesy  Thanks for your answer!!  Wink 

I have ordered one @ $129 to see how it works,if the price keeps falling & it's as easy to setup as stated....I'll get more  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
poopypants

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:18:37 PM

Did any of you try the R52 voltmod described here : http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/gridseed-voltage-mod/
I'm in between when I have the time.

I've done both mods, the R52 47k resistor on some and the double bridge mod on others.  The 47k are averaging around 480-500 khs at 1150, and the double bridge mod at 403khs reliably.  The 47k will cost you about 10 more watts with one unit running at about 20 watts, the double bridge is about 11 watts.  Later this week I will mod them all with the 47k.  

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

Just installed LAG3355_12-RC10d.bin - it still does not work with many pools.
fr.hbn.theblocksfactory.com:3336 , hbn.stratum.smartmining.net:17373 and many others just give all rejects, 0% shares accepted.
Actually this firmware does not work with the most of the pools I use  Sad
sandor111 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:03:01 PM

Just installed LAG3355_12-RC10d.bin - it still does not work with many pools.
fr.hbn.theblocksfactory.com:3336 , hbn.stratum.smartmining.net:17373 and many others just give all rejects, 0% shares accepted.
Actually this firmware does not work with the most of the pools I use  Sad

Well I don't know why it happens, but it would help if you send me the log contents.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: