Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:25:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin Official Thread - Hard Fork Halving Successful + Digishield  (Read 48869 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gavgav

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:12:48 AM

I am getting mixed messages from Cryptsy about a deposit I made.  They may or may not be on the right chain and they may or may not have suspended withdrawals and deposits depending on who I ask.  Did I mention that I am furious right now?

edit:  confirmed SMC withdrawals at cryptsy are disabled, testing deposits

Why?Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Invisible Hands (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:14:39 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 01:40:09 AM by Invisible Hands

I am getting mixed messages from Cryptsy about a deposit I made.  They may or may not be on the right chain and they may or may not have suspended withdrawals and deposits depending on who I ask.  Did I mention that I am furious right now?

edit:  confirmed SMC withdrawals at cryptsy are disabled, testing deposits

Why?Huh

They said a deposit I made was not in the blockchain and therefore not on the correct fork.  My wallet is v1.3.2.0.  Then they credited my account but had already disabled SMC.

edit:  I have confirmed that we are in maintenance mode.  This is just the result of an error, NOT a fork.  I had a support ticket in for a missing SMC deposit made from my personal wallet v1.3.2.0 and they replied:

"The transaction ID you provided does not show in either our wallet or the block explorer. You will need to investigate the source of the transaction and ensure it was sent to the correct chain."

They were mistaken but they put SMC in maintenance mode before they realized the error.

Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:44:00 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 03:18:15 AM by Invisible Hands

While I am on the subject of forks, I have received confirmation from the following exchanges that they have updated to the new client:

Cryptsy
Poloniex
Swisscex
Coined Up
Cryptokk
AllCrypt

UpDaMoon's SMC pool has also been updated.

The following exchanges have not replied:

CoinEx
Xnigma
optomus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:47:40 AM

Hey guys,
I have been reading this thread since the start and was conversing on the mIRC channel with the old Dev.
Clearly it will take time for everyone to get back on track after the "switching of Devs" debacle but I have no doubt the fork at 200k will take care of that.
So glazing over that and commenting on some of the other points that have been made recently in this thread:
1) Logo
-The colouring is and always has been far too easy to pass over. Even when I am looking for it on coinwarz, I miss it far more often then I should. Something on it needs to be Darker, and to be honest it doesn't really matter what it is, change the S to a midnight blue, background pink seriously, specifics are less important than the fact that in order to be more noticeable, the colours need to change.

2) Website
-Super glad we have something solid and working. I am grateful to the dev. for getting that together and up, but from looking at it, well it looks like a programmer made it haha and though I have no idea aside from perhaps psionin who made it I am sure they are a great programmer before a developer.
A comparison can be found here http://www.fluttercoin.us/

Both of these, seriously, are cosmetics and ultimately will do very little for SmartCoin at the moment. With out a solid foundation, all the beauty surrounding a coin will crumble.

3) Advancements?
-I had read a couple comments regarding making SmartCoin interesting, enticing, ATM, phone, app etc... and that is all great folks, and should be pursued in the future however, I believe the basis of crypotoCURRENCY is being over looked. We have the basis of an economy here, little to no transaction fees, anonymity, really not much more you could ask for aside from an actual economy "the wealth and resources of a country or region, especially in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services." (yeah that is totally a quote).
-Who wants a coin that cannot be spent anywhere aside from exchange markets!? Before work goes into making things look nice, a market place is a MUST. A number of other coins have a market place running where their currency can be used to make purchases (such as FTC) and that is what drives the value of their coin because people can buy or mine that coin and get real world possessions.

We, as a community run coin, need to get a market place together and for the time being, sell good quality used items. There is not a chance in hell any merchant is going to risk accepting a 4 month old coin in the dumps as payment for the items they spent real money on with the very good chance that tomorrow they are going to have an amount that is worth half of what it was at purchase.

So, having said that, how do we get this going? I have, for anyone who remembers me, stated in the past that I can actually code. I am finishing one degree and am returning to finish an in progress Comp sci. degree and am willing to put some work in however, I lack the knowledge of exactly what needs to happen in the back-end when processing cryptocoin payments, along with the free time to spend researching said topic. If someone could help point me in the direction, I could start working on this in the very near future!

Glad this community is still around and still fully believing in this coin. I have been mining since Feb 6th and will continue until the fork, when I will switch to others so that I can buy more SMC to get the prices increasing!

Thanks, and I hope to hear some feedback! Smiley (feel free to tear my comments apart)
binggo123

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:31:24 AM

Is this coin going to die?What a pity.I used to mine a lot of smartcoin.
zuldarrs

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:58:48 AM

Is this coin going to die?What a pity.I used to mine a lot of smartcoin.
wtf, who said that?! what is wrong with you?
psionin

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:40:55 PM

Hey guys,
I have been reading this thread since the start and was conversing on the mIRC channel with the old Dev.
Clearly it will take time for everyone to get back on track after the "switching of Devs" debacle but I have no doubt the fork at 200k will take care of that.
So glazing over that and commenting on some of the other points that have been made recently in this thread:
1) Logo
-The colouring is and always has been far too easy to pass over. Even when I am looking for it on coinwarz, I miss it far more often then I should. Something on it needs to be Darker, and to be honest it doesn't really matter what it is, change the S to a midnight blue, background pink seriously, specifics are less important than the fact that in order to be more noticeable, the colours need to change.

2) Website
-Super glad we have something solid and working. I am grateful to the dev. for getting that together and up, but from looking at it, well it looks like a programmer made it haha and though I have no idea aside from perhaps psionin who made it I am sure they are a great programmer before a developer.
A comparison can be found here http://www.fluttercoin.us/

Both of these, seriously, are cosmetics and ultimately will do very little for SmartCoin at the moment. With out a solid foundation, all the beauty surrounding a coin will crumble.

3) Advancements?
-I had read a couple comments regarding making SmartCoin interesting, enticing, ATM, phone, app etc... and that is all great folks, and should be pursued in the future however, I believe the basis of crypotoCURRENCY is being over looked. We have the basis of an economy here, little to no transaction fees, anonymity, really not much more you could ask for aside from an actual economy "the wealth and resources of a country or region, especially in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services." (yeah that is totally a quote).
-Who wants a coin that cannot be spent anywhere aside from exchange markets!? Before work goes into making things look nice, a market place is a MUST. A number of other coins have a market place running where their currency can be used to make purchases (such as FTC) and that is what drives the value of their coin because people can buy or mine that coin and get real world possessions.

We, as a community run coin, need to get a market place together and for the time being, sell good quality used items. There is not a chance in hell any merchant is going to risk accepting a 4 month old coin in the dumps as payment for the items they spent real money on with the very good chance that tomorrow they are going to have an amount that is worth half of what it was at purchase.

So, having said that, how do we get this going? I have, for anyone who remembers me, stated in the past that I can actually code. I am finishing one degree and am returning to finish an in progress Comp sci. degree and am willing to put some work in however, I lack the knowledge of exactly what needs to happen in the back-end when processing cryptocoin payments, along with the free time to spend researching said topic. If someone could help point me in the direction, I could start working on this in the very near future!

Glad this community is still around and still fully believing in this coin. I have been mining since Feb 6th and will continue until the fork, when I will switch to others so that I can buy more SMC to get the prices increasing!

Thanks, and I hope to hear some feedback! Smiley (feel free to tear my comments apart)

Hey optomus,

This is some good feedback, I'm glad to hear it. Yes, it would be great to have some help on the development side, and I'm working on getting the platform set up for collaboration on this project. See http://vimeo.com/5579829

By the way, we do have a new forum, and it may be a good idea to start migrating there from this thread and to start individual topics for things like mining set up and exchange updates, so that it's easier to follow. See http://smartcoin.cc/forum/

Putting the coin to use in actual payment systems is a general issue within the whole community and there are challenges that take time to overcome. I think that right now it is best to focus on making the coin itself a good coin and to integrate it with as many existing bitcoin services as possible.

The website and logo can use work, but I think they are good enough for now, and so it is a matter of priority, as there are other things that are more important at the moment. If someone wants to give it a shot in the meantime, that's fine too, but keep in mind that the baseline for accepting a new version would be something like the mentioned http://www.fluttercoin.us/.
dogechode

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:44:08 PM

Damn, it seems like every altcoin is undergoing a change of leadership lately.
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:22:21 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 06:45:11 PM by silencesilence

The website and logo can use work, but I think they are good enough for now, and so it is a matter of priority, as there are other things that are more important at the moment.
+1
_ _ _

I can not explain 1 - where all those millions of coins
sure there are people with millions of coins and do not want to invest in the development of the smart coin - to pay for some development, to pay for some advertising to revive this wonderful coin

I have very few coins /even if the price goes up ten times - almost negligible would be for me/, but I still believe that the coin has a bright future
If understands programming, I would do everything possible Unfortunately I do not have the necessary knowledge

Antebellum

Activity: 374

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:56:26 PM

dont forget to vote. . .

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 08:43:06 PM

SmartPirate brought up a good point earlier about the logo not showing up well.  And I always notice a new logo on CoinWarz.  If anyone has an idea to improve or change our logo please post it here.  If someone here is handy with photoshop we could use your help!

OK, I made it more noticeable - 30 seconds work in Paint  Grin

when I am looking at it my eyes burns!
It is awful! Smiley

Why you did it??? It isn't even funny! Smiley

But - respect for paint skills. You are gaining +1000 to paint skills.
Write it down on your character card
RoyalSands

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:13:15 AM

SmartPirate brought up a good point earlier about the logo not showing up well.  And I always notice a new logo on CoinWarz.  If anyone has an idea to improve or change our logo please post it here.  If someone here is handy with photoshop we could use your help!

OK, I made it more noticeable - 30 seconds work in Paint  Grin

Well it is more noticeable but not in a good way.
rdongxie

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

fork~~~~~
gavgav

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:34:51 PM

Onlyn20,000 more block left. Is everyone ready for the block halving??
Antebellum

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:47:44 PM

Dont forget to vote, you can cast 5 votes/Hour

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

and were climbing the list! Smiley

shogun47

Activity: 1750
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:52:10 PM

Onlyn20,000 more block left. Is everyone ready for the block halving??

I am. It's when i switch off from mining SMC and Isracoins and point the miners (3Kh worth) at Potcoins or Darkcoins.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:09:40 PM

SmartCoin - 137.25 MH/s WOW
optomus

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:13:44 AM

Yeah, loving the hash rate increase! means there are plenty of people who want more of this coin! Current Hash Rate: 230.87 MH/s Woot!
Antebellum

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:24:00 PM

Yeah, loving the hash rate increase! means there are plenty of people who want more of this coin! Current Hash Rate: 230.87 MH/s Woot!

sweet, Smiley

silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:35:37 PM

Current Block - 186 819
soon 200 000

- block award halves after 200 000 / form 64 to 32 coin per block /
 Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: