Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin Official Thread - Hard Fork Halving Successful + Digishield  (Read 48876 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hitlercat

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:08:20 AM

WARNING E-POOL  (p2pool) SCAM

I put 8Mhs on SMARTcoin
For many hours I was by far the highest hash rate.

The stats show NO history of mining no history of shares contributed for MONTHS

I thought great I can start fresh and reach max payout quickly

WRONG!

So WHY THE FUCK is this address  STXzMXtRdAToMa11CwDWQsG1ThmuoekM1f still  getting getting such high percentage of the payouts when it has NO history of contributing.

MY address is SbczygCubjRdGsBeJHXQChX2GUrCokjcix So WHY does my share NOT growing when there are NO other miners contributing...

After realizing I'm getting fucked by smartpool I tried POT pool with same results

NO miners NO history of contribution shares and same payout scam NOT growing to proper proportion.

So for 36+ hours I got fucked BAD...

I know how p2 pools and pplns  SHOULD work

So they are either negligent incompetent or just a plain old scamming theifs?
Ah! based Amsterdam well that answers that question All 3 are probably true then

I am the owner of the STXzMX address Proof: http://gyazo.com/354a2ae2d55fddedc0556f3baace0232
I am currently mining SMC through p2pmine.com and for the last 6 or so days it appears I was the only miner on the node that p2pmine is on. I was also finding tons of blocks while mining there with about 1mhs.... I am honestly not sure why I was getting such a high percentage, however, I will check with the dev where I'm mining to see if they notice any issues. I DID notice your address popup on our node and wondered where you were mining at as I noticed my payments halved LOL... in fact I have the irc log from when I noticed:
"[20:14] <@hitlurcat> someone is pointing some hashrate at our smc node, my payments just dropped by 4coins xD
[20:15] <@hitlurcat> so I fired up my gaming rig to mine on xD
[20:16] <@hitlurcat> makes me wonder what node we are in contact with luzl"

and then an hour later when your hashrates really kicked up:

[21:40] <@hitlurcat> lol
[21:42] <@hitlurcat> that b*****d
[21:42] <@hitlurcat> now he's takin most the coins Sad
[21:42] <@hitlurcat> uh oh
[21:42] <@hitlurcat> gonna have to do somethin bout that xD
[21:42] <@hitlurcat> RAISE THE HASHRATES!!!!!!

Edit: I feel I should go ahead and say that p2pmine is a fairly new site and is still under heavy development and hasn't really been advertised due to that reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psionin

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:33:19 PM

Is the rumer true that SMC will be moving to X11 POW and POS in the near future?  Word on the web (Trollbox) is that this is being kept hush hush to allow some to buy cheap coins. If true, this would be huge for the people holding mass amounts of SMC.  Also would be good for the network to get some more people mining it and keep the threat of asics away for now.  Anyway, just checking to see if anyone else has info on this.

hope it is true

This would be the best thing to happen to it. 1st switch to x11 proof of work (mining) and then proof of stake (forging) after a week or so. Another would be to incorporate darksend to give it some anonymity. Smart safe and discrete money. It would be rock solid with those features.

I've heard suggestions about adding PoS, and as a developer, I think that it is a good idea. Now it appears that community feedback supports it as well. This would be a significant change and would require a testing framework to be implemented prior to making a new release, all of which takes time and resources. I wouldn't expect anything earlier than June-July if the decision is made to add PoS to SMC.
TrueAccess

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:36:53 PM

Adding Pos at this point would be rather weird.

But hey, you can always try that. In case of this coin it would require re-launch im afraid. 
psionin

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:55:35 PM

Please post ideas and opinions related to PoS and other important developments in this thread of the SmartCoin forum: http://smartcoin.cc/forum/index.php?topic=10.0
Invisible Hands (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:19:22 PM

Hello everyone!

I see some new posters here which is always good.  I also see some rumors and FUD.  I shall address these concerns.

SmartCoin is not dead.  In fact, we successfully hard forked just 11 days ago.  Me and psionin have been discussing what we would like to do with SmartCoin in the future.  As of now we have not nailed down anything definitively.  What we do know is that we are committed to the SmartCoin project for the long term.  

As for Poloniex delisting SmartCoin.  We were not the only coin affected.  Max coin has a $1 million plus market cap and was also delisted along with a few other coins as well.  Why?  I have no idea.  You would have to ask them for that information.  There are no concerns that I have been made aware of and we continue to trade on Cryptsy and other exchanges without issue.

I noticed someone has decided to dump SMC recently at fire sale prices.  That is not something that I can control.  I can tell you that I am buying SMC as we are significantly undervalued.  

I apologize for not posting in a week but I have been rather busy of late.  

Carry on!
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 07:06:03 PM

Please post ideas and opinions related to PoS and other important developments in this thread of the SmartCoin forum: http://smartcoin.cc/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

Smart POW to end of 2014 with script - N / the end of year ... everyone can be included as mining /
Smart POS form 01-01-2015

+ SmartSend

P.S - already on the black market there are ASIC for X11  / made in china /  - look at the difficulty on the DARK COIN and you will see diff from 900 to 2100
Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:22:45 PM

Smart POW to end of 2014 with script - N / the end of year ... everyone can be included as mining /

+ SmartSend

P.S - already on the black market there are ASIC for X11  / made in china /  - look at the difficulty on the DARK COIN and you will see diff from 900 to 2100

That is a good point about X11.  A steadily increasing scrypt-N would do the trick.
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:55:39 AM

Gridseeds scrypt asics can mine x11  sgminer works with asics and gpu. i use it to mine darkcoins and just recently Libertycoin which was minable for a few days only and than went pos. scrypt asics with sgminer can also do scrypt n. look up gridseeds it give the rates for all the various scrypt varients. Only (pos) forging or stamping is asic free. However x11 and scrypt-n and those are much easier on the hardware and run cooler so easier on power use so for the very least it will help in those ends.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
shogun47

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:58:30 AM

+ SmartSend

Is this true or just something you would like? I am all 100% for it if it is true and agree if it isnt.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:04:19 AM

Gridseeds scrypt asics can mine x11  sgminer works with asics and gpu. i use it to mine darkcoins and just recently Libertycoin which was minable for a few days only and than went pos. scrypt asics with sgminer can also do scrypt n. look up gridseeds it give the rates for all the various scrypt varients. Only (pos) forging or stamping is asic free. However x11 and scrypt-n and those are much easier on the hardware and run cooler so easier on power use so for the very least it will help in those ends.

Well I did not know that.  I thought with scrypt-N you could jack up the N value enough that asics wouldn't have the memory necessary.  But that is not my area of expertise.  How do you like the gridseeds?  I've heard mixed reviews.
shogun47

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:25:21 AM

the gridseeds are fine the -n is not nearly as good on them as x-11 but the scrypt-n is still better on them than regular scrypt and they use far less energy on any type. 300ks regular scrypt at 15w or say 900kh for three at 45watts compared to my one of my r9 290's at close to 400watts and getting 890 kh. a lot cheaper on the electric. they cost more to buy per hash though than gpu so more up front cost but less op cost long run. I use a few on each of my gpu rigs so i'm more a hybrid rig. 5 rigs with gpu's and some grid seeds dual miners.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:35:00 AM

+ SmartSend

Is this true or just something you would like? I am all 100% for it if it is true and agree if it isnt.

Anything that doesn't come from me or psionin is just speculation.  We have tossed around the idea of PoS but like psionin said that would be June or July at the earliest if that is the path we decide to take.  It is possible that would coincide with a relaunch.  Of course all current coins and those being mined would not be affected, no one would lose any coins.  We are definitely interested in hearing ideas from the SmartCoin community and they will be taken into consideration.
Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:41:44 AM

the gridseeds are fine the -n is not nearly as good on them as x-11 but the scrypt-n is still better on them than regular scrypt and they use far less energy on any type. 300ks regular scrypt at 15w or say 900kh for three at 45watts compared to my one of my r9 290's at close to 400watts and getting 890 kh. a lot cheaper on the electric. they cost more to buy per hash though than gpu so more up front cost but less op cost long run. I use a few on each of my gpu rigs so i'm more a hybrid rig. 5 rigs with gpu's and some grid seeds dual miners.

I suspect that it won't be long until the cost per hash is at or near parity with GPUs.  I'm waiting for the price to drop a bit more.  I'm paying a little under 9 cents per kwh so it isn't a big issue for me yet.
shogun47

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:39:45 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 04:51:29 AM by shogun47

POS is a must if this coin is to ever get up out of its undervalued price points. I just ran 3days with Liberty at x-11. I've got 18k xlb after that. Then went pos. It went from 15k marketcap to 135k$ market cap. its been not even a week. SMC I have been with day one and I own 26k SMC and its still at 13k marketcap. I keep this coin because I believe it can do so much better and has an awesome future. Combine SMC with dark/smartsend and pos do some tip bots in irc and reddit and tweet the crap out of it and it should go. Libertycoins community is really driving it and they are not as talented as the guys we have here. We can be every bit as good as that coin. Both have strong names that are liked by lots of people. 1st week June should be a target to x-11 or scrypt-n with a new announce thread and a limit 5 days max with a 32coin payout. Once the 5 days are up it goes POS. Have the darksend/smartsend going with it to give a nice tech on anonymity feature it will zoom. This formula worked tits with Dreamcoin and Liberty. People like the staking and limited coin supply along with anonymity. Liberty tried to integrate zerocoin and it never really worked and people know but still love it. Darksend actually works as its part of darkcoin. Darkcoins is x-ll but still pow and gets damn near 3$ a coin. SMC with the same features and POS would be so much more IMO. Seriously consider these things please.  Cool

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bodenliu

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:02:56 AM

carry on! Wink

I will support this coin as always!

shogun47

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:19:34 AM

carry on! Wink

I will support this coin as always!

Me too but its market cap is under 10k now. I hope they do something along the lines I described soon. (I'm not a programmer so I am unable to do these things).

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
zuldarrs

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:58:30 PM

It is possible that would coincide with a relaunch.  Of course all current coins and those being mined would not be affected, no one would lose any coins.  We are definitely interested in hearing ideas from the SmartCoin community and they will be taken into consideration.
what do you mean by relaunch?
psionin

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:40:45 PM

POS is a must if this coin is to ever get up out of its undervalued price points. I just ran 3days with Liberty at x-11. I've got 18k xlb after that. Then went pos. It went from 15k marketcap to 135k$ market cap. its been not even a week. SMC I have been with day one and I own 26k SMC and its still at 13k marketcap. I keep this coin because I believe it can do so much better and has an awesome future. Combine SMC with dark/smartsend and pos do some tip bots in irc and reddit and tweet the crap out of it and it should go. Libertycoins community is really driving it and they are not as talented as the guys we have here. We can be every bit as good as that coin. Both have strong names that are liked by lots of people. 1st week June should be a target to x-11 or scrypt-n with a new announce thread and a limit 5 days max with a 32coin payout. Once the 5 days are up it goes POS. Have the darksend/smartsend going with it to give a nice tech on anonymity feature it will zoom. This formula worked tits with Dreamcoin and Liberty. People like the staking and limited coin supply along with anonymity. Liberty tried to integrate zerocoin and it never really worked and people know but still love it. Darksend actually works as its part of darkcoin. Darkcoins is x-ll but still pow and gets damn near 3$ a coin. SMC with the same features and POS would be so much more IMO. Seriously consider these things please.  Cool

Yes, these things are seriously considered. Thanks for the feedback, hope you don't mind me adding it to the thread at the SmartCoin forum: http://smartcoin.cc/forum/index.php?topic=10.0
shogun47

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:12:22 AM

Yes, these things are seriously considered. Thanks for the feedback, hope you don't mind me adding it to the thread at the SmartCoin forum: http://smartcoin.cc/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

Not mind at all. I hope you do add it. If this coin uses any of my ideas or suggestions I could be no happier. It would definitely go to the moon with darksend and proof of stake. I wish only the best for SMC. I have every SMC coin I ever got from day one. I never got the 45 (i was hours early before the launch) free ones but I have close to 30k of them. Never sold a single one.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tank

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:19:34 AM

all the good domain names are taken .... if you think of any, and I can do it

I'm a designer
I do websites
of course I have a server

you just need to think of the domain name

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: