Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These new EFFICIENT x11 algos everyone is talking about ?? BULLSHIT or real?  (Read 16241 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:35:58 AM

Looking at your post history, it looks like you may already know the answer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=92110;sa=showPosts;start=0

But it is fun to spread shit on a forum all day.

I am asking a genuine question.... the answers given so far are not conclusive.

Fucking noob trolls butting in with their bullshit answers. If you have nothing to add GFTO

If x11 has something to add here let's here about it.......or else let's get rid of the x11 myth now.

They are all cPoW Complex Proof of work, and yes its probably the closest to " fair" as you can get.

When LTC was released it was common knowledge that a GPU miner was out a lot earlier than people knew, this time around we have a GPU miner with a more optimization that has to be done.

The Power usage will probably still be good at "full" optimization.

Making cPoW the likely next contender for the largest part of the market , the Quark algo acts in exactly the same way as X11 as they are both " cPoW" .

im sure there will be more as well , and thats the idea.

QRK is better than X11?are you sure?just for 3 random algo round?
however, "X11" is a fashion name, and more and more people accept it, that's the truth.but IMO, it's not very hard to make X11 ASIC,but will it worth doing?Need 11 diff asic to a single algo? and I think It's easy to change by a hard fork, X12 X13 X14 etc?
X11 may be the new beginning of GPU mining.
and ,  i am a miner ,  I like X11 cuz it's very cool on my card!

I think it's more secure so its up to you if you want to add that to being "better"

qrk adds 3 more rounds of hashing randomly: so the computer doesn't know whether it will be lets say Keccak or Grøstl or Blake, but with x11 the computer remains certain about which hashing function will be used.

Another security aspect might be, since its block generation is 30 seconds, which means that qrk's algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, so it's not only about the number of hashing functions.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:41:23 AM

Another security aspect might be, since its block generation is 30 seconds, which means that qrk's algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, so it's not only about the number of hashing functions.

If we are contemplating chances of cracking a certain hash, then shouldn't we be worried more about single-hash coins rather than 6 or 11 hash coins - which would require the cracking of multiple hashes in a given timeframe?
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:41:28 AM

There is a rumor that there are primed mining x11 miner that seclusive people are mining away right now . yes

Thats a rumor spread by the ASIC MAFIA.

If you'd bother to have a look at what your GPU is doing with the ATI utility, you'd see that its running at 100% with X11.
The fact that it doesn't get so warm is due to the lower memory footprint and the overall lower cache utilization.

It's possible to have 100% GPU load and 1000kh in one instance, and 100% GPU load and 2000kh in another, more optimized one. The difference is that the code will be executed in less GPU cycles not that the GPU will be less loaded with work.

For example the first incarnation of the darkcoin miner gave me ~600-700kh. The second (sph-sgminer 4.1) gave me 900+. It was always 100% load, it's just that the optimized version did it better with the available GPU cycles.

I'd say thats about it then. Maybe another 10%. The instruction set for GPUs and the according libraries don't leave a lot of choices for optimization.
There is no wonder software running 10 times the pace.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:47:54 AM

If we are contemplating chances of cracking a certain hash, then shouldn't we be worried more about single-hash coins rather than 6 or 11 hash coins - which would require the cracking of multiple hashes in a given timeframe?

Thats right, but network security is also important.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:31:45 AM

I will post gpuz/cgminer screenshots if you would like of my gpu (7750) running script and x11 algos. I don't have a watt meter so I can't measure power consumption but one can assume lower temps, lower watt usage.

i said CPU MINER

gpu miners are not even listed on the ANN page lol
when was the coin released ? and they are STILL have not added them to the ANN page yet everything else conceivable is ?
and yet its still paraded around as a cpu only coin and listed on the "cpu only coins" topic
and... they completely avoid how its being raped by botnets like ALL other Quark mods.. and yet brag about asic resitance loudly
speaking of which i love how they give Quark no credit (the attention it deserves)
should i go on ?

oh and you avoided my comment where i said i have proven endlessly that scrypt-n is far more profitable Wink

Pro Tip:
All quark mods / clones are Asic resistant not just Dark coin or X11 garbage..

FUD first & ask questions later™
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:32:42 AM

What are you talking about?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:37:35 AM

What he's asking is while you are mining x11 on your 'deliberately inefficient' software and GPUs, are there already those out there with optimized/tweaked hardware and software mining much more than the rest of you right now?

I'm not sure of the answer, but it's an uncomfortable question and I wouldn't be surprised if there are.

VERY perceptive. You sir are smart !

i have no answer for that but it's a very real consideration we HAVE to factor in.
especially considering what some other coins have done in the past (they look for any possible angle or advantage as a substitute for premining)

jeez i almost fell out of my chair when i seen a smart comment LOL
so many kids around here mumble non stop with dick in there mouth Sad

FUD first & ask questions later™
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:38:28 AM

Quote from Rofo. That's not me.... Please quote correctly if you plan on doing stuff like this.

flipme

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:44:42 AM

Network security is the overall challenge. No matter what algo and what axiom.
It should be secure independent of the momentary bandwidth.

It's more important to develop methods regarding the control of the coin itself, than to try to solve the problem with bigger networks.
Thats putting the cart before the horse, in favor of the ASIC MOB.

Coins should be developed according to the latest state of the art software. Any coin of value should keep it up to date.
And if it includes changing the algo or whatever, why not? Wheres the problem?

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:54:37 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 05:41:21 PM by cryptohunter

To all those on here crying the OP has an agenda behind it.... Let's not worry about that let's get to work with the facts...even someone with an agenda has no effect if the facts are not in his favour. Besides i have no agenda other than to find  out if x11 is worth all the hassle of switching over to, or is it a waste of time and a pure marketing gimmick??

1. is it more efficient than qrk?
2. is it more secure than qrk?
3. is it more efficient than scrypt? or is the miner just crippled and can't use the full potential of the card?
4. are there more efficient miners already out for x11 that are more optimised?
5. is it more asic resistant that qrk?
6. is it more asic resistant that scyptN , scrypt jane
7. is it x12, x13, x99 going to be better? will we need to fork all of the coins over and over again?

just tell me some definite benefits of x11 that are real benefits not maybe beneficial but then again if the miner can be improved shown to not be beneficial at all.

come on how hard is it to sell the best solution out there right now???

flipme

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:10:03 PM

The ASIC MOB is out in full force these days ...

Another point is, that many of the main coin core teams probably have huge orders for ASICs too.
They probably have been bribed and been promised a lot of money will be thrown at these coins.

Its so obvious, a blunt takeover attempt, same as with Bitcoin.

And what is with Litecoin?
It's obviously a SCAM. It was sold as ASIC resistent.
Now the same people come out and say we need more ASICs, to make it secure.

It smells.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:15:27 PM

Another point is, that many of the main coin core teams probably have huge orders for ASICs too.
They probably have been bribed and been promised a lot of money will be thrown at these coins.

It smells.

Stick to telling us the selling points of x11 over the algos we already have...

There is no interest in hearing your speculation regarding asic mafia here.

I've noted some simple points for you to look over above. Stick to the facts or GTFO we don't need the thread cluttered with your fantasy theories.

I have no asics ordered and have said before they look to be a waste of money, how much clearer can i be on asics. I don't have a scrypt asic, i don't have sha256 asic

Asics are going to be a waste of money... or a big risk with regards ROI same as sha256 asics are, if you are not first to get delivery you are taking a big risk.

Now we've established scrypt asics are not going to be worth it for most people.... let's get back to x11 and it's brand new advantages it does/does not bring over existing algos.

So far i have seen nobody explain why x11 was needed when we already had scryptN, QRK, and scrypt jane.

Start showing me why is it so amazing so i can start organising for the coins i am interest in to get swapped over to x11. Else i will just go scrypt N or scrypt Jane or stick with good old tested QRK.

Then again it may be best to switch it to merge mined scrypt for security if that is the most important part.

precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:16:30 PM

ASIC resistance, not asic proof. Its been a surprise there haven't been ASICs yet. Litecoin dev team has had there official response, I doubt that they were bribed not to change algo's.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:25:07 PM

ASIC resistance, not asic proof. Its been a surprise there haven't been ASICs yet. Litecoin dev team has had there official response, I doubt that they were bribed not to change algo's.

asic resistance - - so more asic resistant than scrypt N? more asic resistant that QRK, more asic resistant than scrypt jane with high n? what about this myriad coin idea? is that pretty asic resistant or not?

is it true or not?  come on really i want to know the answer? i am asking not telling?

IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:25:12 PM

1. is it more efficient than qrk?
2. is it more secure than qrk?
3. is it more efficient than scrypt? or is the miner just crippled and can't use the full potential of the card?
4. are there more efficient miners already out for x11 that are more optimised?
5. is it more asic resistant that qrk?
6. is it more asic resistant that scyptN , scrypt jane
7. is it x12, x13, x99 going to be better? will we need to fork all of the coins over and over again?

From now on, if some one wants to reply this thread, please answer the above question, otherwise, please don't reply, it is waste time and space.
flipme

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:27:36 PM

It smells.

I've noted some simple points for you to look over above. Stick to the facts or GTFO we don't need the thread cluttered with your fantasy theories.

I have no asics ordered and have said before they look to be a waste of money, how much clearer can i be on asics. I don't have a scrypt asic, i don't have sha256 asic

Asics are going to be a waste of money... or a big risk with regards ROI same as sha256 asics are, if you are not first to get delivery you are taking a big risk.

Now we've established scrypt asics are not going to be worth it for most people.... let's get back to x11 and it's brand new advantages it does/does not bring over existing algos.

So far i have seen nobody explain why x11 was needed when we already had scryptN, QRK, and scrypt jane.

Start showing me why is it so amazing so i can start organising for the coins i am interest in to get swapped over to x11. Else i will just go scrypt N or scrypt Jane or stick with good old tested QRK.

Then again it may be best to switch it to merge mined scrypt for security if that is the most important part.

I stick to what ever I find necessary to mention, like you, on the 300 other threads your spraying your fud.

Well here's the main advantages

- up to 50% less power
- for the moment totally ASIC proof, among other methods
- standard software available
- runs on standard hardware
- state of the art coins available, bleeding edge software
- very able and active developers

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:35:52 PM

I stick to what ever I find necessary to mention, like you, on the 300 other threads your spraying your fud.

- up to 50% less power
Sorry, you missed the topic.

Cryptohunter is not attacking "your" coin, he is just asking very legit questions. I also would like to get a detailed explanation on why X11 is using less power. If it's just a highly unoptimized public mining software or really an architectural thing.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:37:31 PM

It smells.

- up to 50% less power

It's 'you're' you illiterate fool, and you are not answering my questions you are just posting shit that means nothing. Either you are too dumb to address my questions or avoiding them on purpose.

-up to 50% less power is NOT essentially important you blithering fool for the reasons already posted 100x ie the miner is possibly not pushing the card to the limits - besides QRK is just as efficient if you are going on temps and power draw.

- asic proof - WRONG
- same as the other algos i mentioned already - scryptn , qrk, scrypt jane
- same as the other algos i mentioned already    "         "         "          "
- WRONG
- that has nothing to do with x11 itself moron.

So thanks you have described perfectly there is no need for x11 and it offers nothing new.

flipme

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:39:53 PM

And wheres the point at all?
Changing anything in a coins wallet shouldn't be a problem.

It's a problem of deployment.
There should be an in-app update popping up, asking

"There is a new version for your wallet, do you want to download and install it now?"

And thats about it.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:40:12 PM

Seems like people are missing the point here. X11 uses less electricity because the cards aren't being run at full whack. The question is, is this the most they can do with X11 or are there people out there with an X11 miner that *does* run the card at max? If so then everyone mining X11 with sgminer is doing it wrong. If it isn't a level playing field then the cool/low electric running is as pointless as running a scrypt algo at low intensity for the same results.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: