Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:32:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These new EFFICIENT x11 algos everyone is talking about ?? BULLSHIT or real?  (Read 16241 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:09:06 PM

thats the whole point of this thread... majority of ppl are not computer programmers and can't prove it... we are asking for professionals to speak up and debunk the speculation with facts or prove the speculation with facts. we cant prove it... can YOU prove otherwise? probably not

not looking for answers like 'it runs cooler so it uses less electricity'

It is an interesting characteristic of the cryptocommunity that while most of us are at least power-users with PCs (otherwise even the concept of mining would seem "hard"), few of us are programmers and a very tiny percentage of us are programmers + cryptography experts so that we can understand what is going on in the mechanics of the whole system. The lack of programming talent is serious around this place. I mean even most coin "devs" can't code.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:14:13 PM

Basic science ? That's a joke right ?
Show us all the flaws of the current GPU miner (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0) instead of spreading broscience. I'm waiting ...

If you're on the treadmill but you're not sweating I can reasonably guess that you're not on the uphill setting.

Shocked

Some people sweat a lot just by walking, other don't. Does that mean with your logic that the latters are underperforming ?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:54:28 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 01:06:33 AM by cryptohunter

For me it's a personal obligation to fight people like you,
who try to dumb down the general public with disinformation and cheap propaganda phrases.

You are at a disadvantage, because the average poster here is already quite informed and has a good perception of being Mickey Moused by agents like you.

Get lost.

This is absolutely not true. Most of the people posting here are without any tecnical or economical insight. They are attracted by fancy words and follows the herd bleating what they have read (but not understood) around the forum. Spending their money on obvious scams like earthcoin and darkcoin, coins in general that do extremly well at promoting and branding.  

What does Earthcoin matter here now, please enlighten me.
Just a fuck of a crap coin.

Darkcoin is the bleeding edge of crypto currencies though.
Tell me what you mean with your statement.

I mention earthcoin because everyone can see that earthcoin are a scam now, and the same will be true for darkcoin in a few months. Erthcoin is similar to darkcoin, not technically, but from a community perspective. Both coins rallied the sheeps with a grand plan and fancy words.

Darkcoin claimes to be the first anonymous coin. That is not true and it will not happen. Darkcoin promote itself as a zero premined coin. That is true, but it is designed to be extremly instamined and if you look at the block explorer you will see that the instamine is around 14% of the total coins. More then 75% of the exicting coins is instamined by devs/early adopters. There have also been alot of posts about the x11 and "cool cards" that adds to the hype. Darksend, x11, dgw, zero premine, everything the community preach and believe to be facts are actually not as good as they seem or completely true.

Hi, I'm the developer of Darkcoin. You can go download the beta client right now and send decentralized anonymous transactions. So yeah, it's the first anonymous coin. If everyone used beta, the whole blockchain would be anonymous.

X11 does indeed run 30 degrees colder than scrypt, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about there. DGW reacts faster and more effectively to whales joining because I used exponential moving averages which are just better for this type of thing, again not sure what you're talking about.

See DGW in action here: http://drk.poolhash.org/graph.html

I also fixed the timewarp exploit, so it's the only safe algorithm currently (for difficulty adjustment every block).

The next big thing in Darkcoin land are MasterNodes, you'll hear about people running a specific type of client and making tons of money in exchange for anonymizing transactions of the network (again, the anonymous transactions exist...)

Glad you've come over.... too be honest with you though your reply was kind of well ....you didn't really reply to the post you quoted, which kind of made it look like you were avoiding what the person wrote. I'm sure you weren't doing that on purpose but still I hope you will take some time to reply to this one if possible -  since it would really be interesting to hear what you have to say on each of the points ...

Okay well let's just ask you flat out to answer these if you will

1. is it more efficient than qrk?

2. is it more secure than qrk?

3. is it more efficient than scrypt? or is the miner just crippled and can't use the full potential of the card?

4. are there more efficient miners already out for x11 that are more optimised?

5. is it more asic resistant that qrk?

6. is it more asic resistant that scyptN , scrypt jane

7. is it x12, x13, x99 going to be better? will we need to fork all of the coins over and over again?

8. does having 11 algos cause high orphan rates

For now that is pretty much all i'm bothered about. Although to be fair to you since it has been stated in this thread that dark coin was instamined to the tune of 14%  ...what do you say to that ?

What do you think now looking back on the fact it was launched with no protection against instamining  and no windows QT?

I think it is only fair to you that you have the opportunity to give your side of those events.

What do you say to critics regarding both of those things. ..i am just interested in your explanation.......I believe developers need some compensation for all of their work but 14% sounds rather large?

Also were you the original dev?  i mean you seem to be a very smart person that can create all of these new features..... and yet not compile a windows qt at launch?  or have you taken over this coin and it was a different dev that released it who was some copy and paster?  was the block retarget every block at launch? was it announced?

To be honest i don't miss many launches but i can't really recall dark coin even coming out, although i think it was originally called something else.

I guess the dev of x11 is the very best person to answer these ....i mean a lot of people including myself have no idea and we just seem to be disagreeing without having any real idea if we are right or wrong.

Be good to know though.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:22:04 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 03:20:12 AM by cryptohunter

Darkcoin was launched at January 18, 2014, 09:58:13 PM.

You made two comments 3 HOURS BEFORE RELEASE.

If you can't compile wallets or pay someone to do it on launch just don't bother.

This is stupid, only linux wallet on release.

Good, killed the coin... biggest cpu miners are linux anyway so let them rape and then windows folks will never use it.

All these new alts need to die.

Now you say... To be honest i don't miss many launches but i can't really recall dark coin even coming out, although i think it was originally called something else

With all due respect... can you please explain this? I mean... I understand BUNNY coin was a joke, but Spoetnik has turned out to be an even bigger joke. I don't think you are a joke, so Cryptohunter... please tell me you have a good explanation for this. Tell it to me like I was a 5 year old with no insults or logical fallacies. This isn't about X11 anymore. This is about your credibility.

I already said thanks to the person that refreshed my memory on this earlier in the post. Actually i think it was you.  However as i explained, i don't even remember that was dark coin. I am sure this was not called dark coin back then?
I'm sure it was called something else. If it was called dark coin all along then i don't recall it.  To be fair before it was posted in this thread i had no idea i had posted at the start of dark coin.

If i had known it lanched without the windows wallet QT i would have been a lot more critical of it before.

Until that other person mentioned it was an instamined train wreck i didn't realise the start was so bad.

So it seems easy to explain. I am not sure why you are not understanding what i have written.

I have no recollection of drk coins birth, i mean there were tons of coins being released so perhaps i thought to myself i missed it.... but i obviously did not miss drk coins birth it just changed names i'm sure it did anyway.

I can't see the difference it makes anyway , i am on the start of 99% of launches i can't recall every single one. Although drk is a seemingly important coin now it started like all the rest when they were pooring out just another coin. If you check most launches before 2 weeks back you will notice i am on those.  What difference does it make?  how can i remember each and every coin. It changes nothing about the facts i am asking anyway right?

Also a persons credibility means nothing when asking questions in these terms. It only means something when giving answers.

Nobody really has much credibility on a board where 99% of users even login with tor, maybe escrow level users with big history.

The questions i am asking are plain to read... if you see an issue with the questions then that is different. You are free to ask your own if you want to know something different.

Actually i just checked and it was you that brought up already this Huh go check out page 10.... i mean you trying to quote out of context...

1 you quote me on drk coins opening thread saying about no windows qt

2. i reply saying wow thanks i forgot i even posted on that thread since they must have changed names so when i posted how am i to remember it was even darkcoin back then? but even so it is great you reminded me .... if i was super anti drk coin i would have surely brought that up before you came on the thread and mentioned it??  i had no idea they did launch without a windows qt because it wasn't darkcoin then...can't you understand this?

3. you go on to talking about other things...... and never mention that again?

4. hours later you come back and jump back again on that again making it look like you are finding those quotes again for the first time?? are you crazy or have memory issues?

You go away think about this for 6 hours and come back? makes no sense at all. Even what you are asking makes zero sense. I can only imagine you are anti dark coin above and beyond what i am.

Yes now you have brought to my attention it was an instamine scam with no windows wallet a bit like maxcoin i am more anti.... but you must really want to highlight these things? I had not realised it was an instamine hell and had no windows qt before this thread started. I asked about x11.... this thread has displayed that x11 has no advantages , possibly quite a few extra issues, and that dark coin was a turkey shoot for the dev team since it had params ideal for instamining and no windows QT....this is the perfect scam by the looks of it lol.

Can anyone even defend anything about this coins start? then why keep mentioning it. If you like it best to keep quiet about it and focus only on x11's pros and cons...

edit...

IT WAS NOT CALLED DRKCOIN BACK THEN... and if i did remember it launched with no windows qt why would i not have been mentioning this before you came and reminded me? your logic is really strange.

You mean it would damage my credibility ( which is zero really like every other anonymous poster) to forget to mention one of the most damaging facts about a coin that you are trying to accuse me of being anti?
The thread is about x11 ... first the drk shills come out getting mad, then someone mentions the instamine 14% number which sparks my attention, then you come along with the no windows qt information at launch adding fuel to the flames of the instamine.  But because i failed to mention both of those things in my supposed anti drk coin thread it damages my credibility because i was deliberately holding back those damming bits of information??

Really i don't think you have to worry about me blasting you with "logical fallacies".

I can't remember its original name but i can assure you it was not drkcoin.

Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:54:41 AM

X11 does indeed run 30 degrees colder than scrypt, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about there. DGW reacts faster and more effectively to whales joining because I used exponential moving averages which are just better for this type of thing, again not sure what you're talking about.

I can run 30 degrees colder doing nothing as well. That's the point. You pay $500 for a 1 Mh/s scrypt GPU and I pay $500 for 1 Mh/s scrypt GPU. I get a miner that gets 33% more of the total hashes than you do so I am getting twice as many hashes (66% / 33% = 2x).

We have the same hardware. We have 2 different miners but I claim the one I gave you is the best when in fact it's not. Not only that, suppose my miner is 15 degrees warmer. That's still 15 degrees cooler and I am getting 2x the performance as you.

Point is, if there's less heat, then your card isn't working as hard as it can. Basic science.

Basic science ? That's a joke right ?
Show us all the flaws of the current GPU miner (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0) instead of spreading broscience. I'm waiting ...

A gpu should run at the same temp no matter what it's doing, if it's running as efficiently as possible. It seems to me it is science and not something you need a programmer to answer. You could run something that only uses, lets say 70% of the gpu but how could you guarantee someone doesn't figure out how to use the other 30%. You can't be using the whole gpu and not using it at the same time.
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:02:26 AM

X11 and SHA3 ( Keccak ) are not ASIC resistant at all, according to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to create by ASIC. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.

Replied from Darkcoin dev.

Somehow this seems to have been missed by all the ASIC haters^^^^^

This statement from the DRK dev will make me reconsider investing in DRK, which up to this point I have not done. At least he understands what it will take to make DRK a real and usable currency.

X11 algo has a planned transition to ASIC miners.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:14:02 AM

X11 and SHA3 ( Keccak ) are not ASIC resistant at all, according to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to create by ASIC. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.

This statement from the DRK dev will make me reconsider investing in DRK, which up to this point I have not done. At least he understands what it will take to make DRK a real and usable currency.

Yes, but perhaps you also missed the part about the HUGE instamine and no windows QT at launch?  sounds a little worrying.

Also the anti asic crew will probably not like the sound of that and them pulling out support could lead to not such a great investment.

Massive amounts of coins moving to x11 will perhaps make drk less appealing also since 2 out of 250  was good ..... 200-400 is more competition.

I see most coins moving to x11 to avoid asic, looks like it is not the answer for them after all.

Realistically if you have not invested  by now....

However let's forget focusing on drk if the dev wants to come back and answer the questions i asked that would be good, however if he does not want to, let's forget about drk coin and move back to a more technical discussion on the algo chain x11 and not the coins that are implementing it.

24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:18:19 AM

Yes, but perhaps you also missed the part about the HUGE instamine and no windows QT at launch?  sounds a little worrying.

Also the anti asic crew will probably not like the sound of that and them pulling out support could lead to not such a great investment.

Massive amounts of coins moving to x11 will perhaps make drk less appealing also since 2 out of 250  was good ..... 200-400 is more competition.

I see most coins moving to x11 to avoid asic, looks like it is not the answer for them after all.

Realistically if you have not invested  by now....

However let's forget focusing on drk if the dev wants to come back and answer the questions i asked that would be good, however if he does not want to, let's forget about drk coin and move back to a more technical discussion on the algo chain x11 and not the coins that are implementing it.

Did you notice I stated -

precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:20:57 AM

For me it's a personal obligation to fight people like you,
who try to dumb down the general public with disinformation and cheap propaganda phrases.

You are at a disadvantage, because the average poster here is already quite informed and has a good perception of being Mickey Moused by agents like you.

Get lost.

This is absolutely not true. Most of the people posting here are without any tecnical or economical insight. They are attracted by fancy words and follows the herd bleating what they have read (but not understood) around the forum. Spending their money on obvious scams like earthcoin and darkcoin, coins in general that do extremly well at promoting and branding.  

What does Earthcoin matter here now, please enlighten me.
Just a fuck of a crap coin.

Darkcoin is the bleeding edge of crypto currencies though.
Tell me what you mean with your statement.

I mention earthcoin because everyone can see that earthcoin are a scam now, and the same will be true for darkcoin in a few months. Erthcoin is similar to darkcoin, not technically, but from a community perspective. Both coins rallied the sheeps with a grand plan and fancy words.

Darkcoin claimes to be the first anonymous coin. That is not true and it will not happen. Darkcoin promote itself as a zero premined coin. That is true, but it is designed to be extremly instamined and if you look at the block explorer you will see that the instamine is around 14% of the total coins. More then 75% of the exicting coins is instamined by devs/early adopters. There have also been alot of posts about the x11 and "cool cards" that adds to the hype. Darksend, x11, dgw, zero premine, everything the community preach and believe to be facts are actually not as good as they seem or completely true.

Hi, I'm the developer of Darkcoin. You can go download the beta client right now and send decentralized anonymous transactions. So yeah, it's the first anonymous coin. If everyone used beta, the whole blockchain would be anonymous.

See DGW in action here: http://drk.poolhash.org/graph.html

I also fixed the timewarp exploit, so it's the only safe algorithm currently (for difficulty adjustment every block).

The next big thing in Darkcoin land are MasterNodes, you'll hear about people running a specific type of client and making tons of money in exchange for anonymizing transactions of the network (again, the anonymous transactions exist...)

Wait, so you can making money from hosting a node? Can anyone do this? Sorta sounds like POS on steroids if you ask me Cheesy

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:26:48 AM

Yes i did thanks... i hope others did too.

although personally i am not anti asic myself or pro asic i guess ...kind of neutral . I only refrain from getting one since roi could be tricky if not first in the queue for one.

asics seem to have positive and negative aspects...although i guess that is a topic for another thread... interesting one really though nobody has really dedicated a thread lately to list in full the pros and cons.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:08:54 AM

You are correct. I was the one who reminded you. If I reminded you... why did you post... "To be honest i don't miss many launches but i can't really recall dark coin even coming out, although i think it was originally called something else".

This is a new post. So why would you keep repeating yourself of not knowing the launch when I reminded you of your comments MADE AT THE LAUNCH? Do you have to be reminded every three hours? This is a new post. Not a re-hash.

We are not talking semantics... we are talking about you posting something in which you already had the answer to.

You were reminded by me, in yet you still posted it? AFTER I reminded you? Why? Like I said. I know nothing about computational Algorithms, but I do know how to spot out inconsistencies in a persons statement. If the person is making statements AFTER they have BEEN informed... why would a person keep on saying it? This is where intent surfaces. Where there is intent... there is motive...where there is motive... there is an agenda... where there is an agenda... there are lies.

Are you a complete retard. Please take your anti dark coin hints elsewhere..... Ok let's get a summary i will even make a new anti dark coin thread in the next  few mins pointing out the facts you have brought to my attention.

However here is the summary for you once again... Even if i had an agenda it does not matter fool. If you can prove that person to be wrong and twisting facts their agenda means nothing.

Here are the facts that YOU HAVE brought to my attention.

1. Dark coin (called some other name) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a huge amount of blocks being instamined almost INSTANTLY.
2. Dark coin bolstered their instamine by starting WITHOUT AND WINDOWS QT ( THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS TO MY ATTENTION)

Thanks for bringing those things to my attention.... it is the perfectly planned instamine scam then wasn't it.

Forget your pseudo retarded logic and oh i found some inconsistency bullshit -

1. it does not exist
2. if it does exist it does not change these fact you have brought to my attention.

We get it you hate drk coin and want to highlight it is a scam coin. Thanks for that.... Moving back to the x11 though.....

every time you post more drivel ...pointless dumbass crap that means nothing and displays how confused you are i will post the same facts to you that you have brought to my attention and in turn i will bring to everyone elses attention.

Look at the criticism maxcoin has had for a no windows qt launch .... and yet dark seems to have escaped this since it changed its name... everyone probably forgot about its launch since there was no windows qt and even forgot about that instamine scam they all hated....the pops up dark coin under a different name.

Here are the facts that YOU HAVE brought to my attention.

1. Dark coin (called some other name) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a huge amount of blocks being instamined almost INSTANTLY.
2. Dark coin bolstered their instamine by starting WITHOUT AND WINDOWS QT ( THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS TO MY ATTENTION)

If you're to stupid to understand what i put - then let me make it simple for you - I NOW AM TOTALLY ANTI DARK COIN AS I AM ALL SCAM COINS.  IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ANTI DRK COIN GREAT BELIEVE IT. IT REALLY MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME. NOR CAN IT CHANGE THE FACTS YOU PRESENTED TO ME .

I really can't understand the point you are trying to make it is just completely stupid.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:13:32 AM

why would you say... To be honest i don't miss many launches but i can't really recall dark coin even coming out, although i think it was originally called something else

AFTER I REMINDED YOU? Do you suffer from ADHD? AMNESIA? PARKINSONS? Why is my logic stupid?

You are reminded and yet you write a NEW POST saying...  To be honest i don't miss many launches but i can't really recall dark coin even coming out, although i think it was originally called something else

Why? Are you sweating? Are you hands shaking because you are exposed as being a liar?

Answer the question. Why would you say... To be honest i don't miss many launches but i can't really recall dark coin even coming out, although i think it was originally called something else

AFTER I REMINDED YOU?

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

will someone report this guy to drk coin, he is seriously damaging this coin Sad   please fool  understand these simple things

yes i think dark coin was called something else? err does that help.

while you're still here.... thanks again for presenting these facts to the thread

1. Dark coin (called some other name) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a huge amount of blocks being instamined almost INSTANTLY.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:17:21 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 04:32:08 AM by cryptohunter

Truth is... you couldn't give a shit about x11. If you wanted the answer you could of taken another approach instead of this thread. You even titled it for a shock effect. You are pissed because you weren't allowed to participate in the launch. You now have a hate on like a little child. I have no respect from people like you who use an appeal for sympathy TO FIND THE TRUTH, when you are incapable of the truth. We should start a new thread called OPERATION SHITMEMBERS. So we can clean out the garbage like you and your buddy Spoetnik.

hehe it took you 6 hours to go away and think up some crazy shit like this? you are getting desperate...

hehe - so now you are telling me....

i and the rest of the windows users who do not compile from source ...err 80+% ...let me quote the rest of your sentance.

"weren't allowed to participate in the launch."  

please stop damaging darkcoin like this i am starting to feel bad ...

shall we have some more instamines where windows users weren't allowed to participate in the launch??.

taoway is almost in a frenzy to discredit dark coin.... what did dark coin do to you man??  try and sort it out in person don't drag them through the mud in public like this.

Let us get back on topic to x11.

TAOWAY THE DARKCOIN SLAYER - BRINGING DRK COINS CRIMES TO LIGHT
2nd in command - cryptohunter the new convert to the taoway religion of darkcoin hatred.

Do you mind if i quote you in my darkcoin is an instamined scam coin with a bullshit algo thread?

Lead the way taoway bring us more darkcoin slaying material... you could be the single greatest weapon we have against drkcoins scamming ways.

You've done a great job so far, but what other dirt can you dig up on them, you have a lot of inside knowledge i bet....

how about that 50x speed x11 miner you told me you have seen.  Remember how i told you about it after you already told me about it just before  i told myself about it and then you told me to tell myself before i didnt tell you to tell myself about it straight before you didnt know about it anymore then remembered it and forgot it existed although wait you already said that before so how could you have told me to forget about it before i knew about it and said about it before it changed its name?

Kai Proctor

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:31:11 AM

Somebody here has an agenda. Roll Eyes
Generally when someone resort to bold letters with an oversized font, run for the hills, he wants to sell you some BS.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:33:20 AM

Generally when someone resort to bold letters with an oversized font, run for the hills, he wants to sell you some BS.

Heheheheh

another fool who ignores the elephant in the room ... i made it elephant size and you still can't see it can you LOL

someone who ignores important facts and focuses instead on speculation is certainly hiding something....

although let me make it easier for you.... I NOW HAVE ANOTHER  AGENDA ON TOP OF EXAMINING X11.... let me change the OP a bit to reflect my new agenda.

1. TO HIGHLIGHT DRKCOIN IS A SCAM BECAUSE IT SEEMS IT ACTUALLY IS A SCAM.

do you have issue with that agenda?? if so why?

smolen

Activity: 524

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:34:53 AM

AnonyMint knows his shit!
Agree, he is very biased and hard to deal with, but his posts are well worth reading.

please stop preaching the security of a chained algo. chained algos are only as strong as their weakest link so if one of the algost piled on top of eachother in x11 breaks the whole chain breaks.
how come? I thought it was the opposite, since if you can break say the first algo you still have 10 rounds of hashing to do so it's not a huge speed up anyway
Well, that's correct if 'breaking' means finding a way to almost instantly calculate hash value. But imagine that a way to instantly find a collision is found. Bitcoin code (on which almost all altcoin wallets are based) prevents duplicate block hashes, but one can 'borrow' valid block hash from another blockchain with the same PoW algorithm and reuse it. Another question is where and how inject arbitrary bits into block header, there is only 32 bit of nonce and something like 14 low bits of time value, so this attack is rather theoretical for now. Quick conclusions - the first hash in chain should be the strongest one, high difficulty blockchain could damage its weaker siblings with the same algorithm.

Point is, if there's less heat, then your card isn't working as hard as it can. Basic science.
Point is, if there's less heat, then something surprising is going to happen. Basic common sense. Watch the Groestlcoin Smiley

I think no, as long as PoW hash is not used to calculate Merkle root, but even this would be almost insignificant. And most altcoins use old good double SHA-256 for transaction hashes, IIRC.
Orphan rate is an excellent topic, I'd be glad to see a good discussion about it, though I have almost nothing to contribute to it.

Very interesting! Could you give a link to discussion?

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:37:37 AM

AnonyMint knows his shit!
Agree, he is very biased and hard to deal with, but his posts are well worth reading.

please stop preaching the security of a chained algo. chained algos are only as strong as their weakest link so if one of the algost piled on top of eachother in x11 breaks the whole chain breaks.
how come? I thought it was the opposite, since if you can break say the first algo you still have 10 rounds of hashing to do so it's not a huge speed up anyway
Well, that's correct if 'breaking' means finding a way to almost instantly calculate hash value. But imagine that a way to instantly find a collision is found. Bitcoin code (on which almost all altcoin wallets are based) prevents duplicate block hashes, but one can 'borrow' valid block hash from another blockchain with the same PoW algorithm and reuse it. Another question is where and how inject arbitrary bits into block header, there is only 32 bit of nonce and something like 14 low bits of time value, so this attack is rather theoretical for now. Quick conclusions - the first hash in chain should be the strongest one, high difficulty blockchain could damage its weaker siblings with the same algorithm.

Point is, if there's less heat, then something surprising is going to happen. Basic common sense. Watch the Groestlcoin Smiley

I think no, as long as PoW hash is not used to calculate Merkle root, but even this would be almost insignificant. And most altcoins use old good double SHA-256 for transaction hashes, IIRC.
Orphan rate is an excellent topic, I'd be glad to see a good discussion about it, though I have almost nothing to contribute to it.

Very interesting! Could you give a link to discussion?

what did you mean when you said it could create more collisions?

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:47:35 AM

how was screwing your niece?
Kai Proctor

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:47:55 AM

Heheheheh

another fool who ignores the elephant in the room ... i made it elephant size and you still can't see it can you LOL

From the start you had that posture, anyone who doesn't share your view is a fool. It's visible that you only want to undermine x11, and now Darkcoin. What's the end game ? I don't now yet. From the efficiency of the algo the subject has nicely shifted to the coin, and now you use the word "scam" like you discovered it yesterday.  Roll Eyes
smolen

Activity: 524

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:54:03 AM

what did you mean when you said it could create more collisions?

Blindly chaining hash functions could theoretically lead to increased collision rate.
Imagine that every hash function in the chain has a collision. That's mean that it transforms, say, 2^256 possible values into lesser # of values. For example, let's suppose it's twice as small for every hash in the chain, 2^255. So, chaining, say, 256 such functions will lead to very small target space, with very few possible block hashes.

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: