Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:25:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters  (Read 16635 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:30:00 PM

You are really serious about this project, are you?
This is as I earlier said a really interesting project. Here's a link to a similar project: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Utopia
We could maybe contact them and see if they have any advices on how we should move on?

I am really serious about this project. But I need time to finalize all the plans, as I am working on another project also (buying Amazonian rain forest). Yes... any advice will be welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:19:11 PM

This is as I earlier said a really interesting project. Here's a link to a similar project: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Utopia
We could maybe contact them and see if they have any advices on how we should move on?

I am really serious about this project. But I need time to finalize all the plans, as I am working on another project also (buying Amazonian rain forest). Yes... any advice will be welcome.

make this project a priority, it will bring more attention and good things to bitcoin

also somehow make sure that the users who invest can't be scammed (so they know it) and they will invest, this way it unlikely to get millions of $ since the New Utopia scandal Cheesy

blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:24:25 PM

make this project a priority, it will bring more attention and good things to bitcoin

also somehow make sure that the users who invest can't be scammed (so they know it) and they will invest, this way it unlikely to get millions of $ since the New Utopia scandal Cheesy
As far as I know none lost money in the New Utopia project? And what scandal are you talking about?
blacksails

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:33:23 PM

Hey guys, what about selling some shares for litecoin as well?
Sure, it's an alt-coin, however it is the original scrypt-coin and there are many rich litecoiners!
So why not let them join this project?
Kiki112

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

As far as I know none lost money in the New Utopia project? And what scandal are you talking about?

oh, sory

just saw a lat of "fraud" and simmiliar, and thought wrong..
sory..

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:39:02 AM

Hey guys, what about selling some shares for litecoin as well?

I don't have a problem with this.

But as a first part of my assessment study, I am currently studying what are the legal implications of setting up an artificial island at Saya de Malha. I don't want to invest millions of $$$, and then allow the Mauritian Navy to dynamite it. I want to make sure that the island is legally viable.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:21:00 AM

I hope you find out there is legal clearance in the chosen area.

(20% of the land will be held as reserve)...

Pre-mined land coin?
/just kidding

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:34:49 AM

Pre-mined land coin?

No. Some space is needed for administrative buildings, nature reserves, hospitals.etc
Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:03:14 AM

this thread got me googling around, I read a bunch of stuff really Cheesy

the Minerva Reefs is something to think about..

altough they weren't claimed by any nation when Oliver brought in sand and set his own flag sending declaration of independence to other countries,  soon angry Tongas occupied and annexed the area with international support altough they never claimed the reefs before!

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:07:37 AM

altough they weren't claimed by any nation when Oliver brought in sand and set his own flag sending declaration of independence to other countries,  soon angry Tongas occupied and annexed the area with international support altough they never claimed the reefs before!

Well... the Minerva reefs are not located in the international waters. They are located inside the Tongan EEZ. So no surprise there.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:15:38 AM

Sealand already had such idea. There might be bigger problem with creating this "artificial island".

South of USA, there is nice, cute spot.

Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:45:02 AM

Well... the Minerva reefs are not located in the international waters. They are located inside the Tongan EEZ. So no surprise there.

oh

I didn't know that, that was a pretty stupid decision of Oliver..

hope we don't make the same mistake Cheesy

Sealand already had such idea. There might be bigger problem with creating this "artificial island".

South of USA, there is nice, cute spot.

if there was land here earlier it's relativly shallow, we just need to pour some concrete or sand to raise it above see level..

Sealand is different, they just claimed a WW2 platform that was already there Cheesy

we need to create a new island..

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:31:36 AM

oh

I didn't know that, that was a pretty stupid decision of Oliver..

hope we don't make the same mistake Cheesy

No. Definitely we don't want to commit the same mistake. That is why I am taking time in studying the legal implications.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:03:31 PM

This needs considerable investment not less than 100 million plus a private army to protect your project.

Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:08:45 PM

This needs considerable investment not less than 100 million plus a private army to protect your project.

or a larger country we could have good relations with and which would protect us from intruders Smiley

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:16:17 PM

To build an artificial island of 10 sq. km surface area, we need billions of $$$ in investment, not millions.
blacksails

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:20:37 PM

To build an artificial island of 10 sq. km surface area, we need billions of $$$ in investment, not millions.
I still think it would be easier to just buy an island (this for example: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/cebaco-island), hire an army and declare it a nation.
Would be a lot cheaper aswell.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:23:59 PM

I still think it would be easier to just buy an island (this for example: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/cebaco-island), hire an army and declare it a nation.

how cheap do you think it is to hire an army?

you would have to keep it forever, once you disallow it, the country that claims right on the island will invade..

blacksails

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:26:57 PM

you would have to keep it forever, once you disallow it, the country that claims right on the island will invade..
Nah, Panama don't even have a standing army.
We wouldn't need a really big army either. Also, if building a new island would cost billions of dollars we could for those money have a small standing army for a long time.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:31:37 PM

Nah, Panama don't even have a standing army.
We wouldn't need a really big army either. Also, if building a new island would cost billions of dollars we could for those money have a small standing army for a long time.

I'm not sure but I think the USA protects Panama?

but you do have a point, still the most wise decision would be not to take any risks

there is no country that will surrender its soverignity to a new formed country with no former history and no international support, the blue helmets might even help the country that is trying to restore its goverment over the territory..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: