Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters  (Read 16635 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:23:02 PM

Maybe if the island supported a free and family like society rather than another government hell hole.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:40:59 PM

Why would you want to live in a country created by someone who titles himself the emperor?  A country with a police force, a country with an army, a country with greed and a closed mindedness to concepts of unity and love?

Sounds just like today's society.
Sounds like you want to join a collective or something! Why don't you do that?
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:26:42 PM

I'd rather see this earth be a collective.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
jodybay

Activity: 266

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:55:28 PM

i guess arab have a great mind by building this wonderful island

The Arabs contributed the money... so in a sense yes.. they have a great mind. But remember that the construction was carried out by the Dutch companies Jan De Nul and Van Oord. The workers were mostly from South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal). And right now most of the islands are under the possession of Russians and Americans.

yeah aramco also is dominated by british people Cheesy my husband told me that

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:02:01 PM

The Arabs contributed the money... so in a sense yes.. they have a great mind. But remember that the construction was carried out by the Dutch companies Jan De Nul and Van Oord. The workers were mostly from South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal). And right now most of the islands are under the possession of Russians and Americans.

Not entirely true, there are some areas where foreigner companies had to intervene in areas where the huge arab building holding (that owns many of the currents projects) lacks expertise, (not annyone has the technology or the mean to build an artificial Island that will harbor building, and that will response to a requirement book (being it technical, resistance to tidal forces, earthquakes...ect ect environmental one and most importantly in terms of cost, since if you have the expertise and the knowhow you are more efficient than someone who will start from zero) but many parts of the project, especially the traditional part, and also the design was worked out with those holdings, as for workers yes, they come from foreigner countries, which is normal for the region, with a very low population, I'll give an example, Qatar there is 2 million people, less than half of them are Arab and original citizens (40%) the rest are all from migration.

Right now they are building infrastructure everywhere, investing in everything and the original population is far from being enough and doesn't want to do low level basic stuff
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:53:40 PM

We want to make sure that visitors flying to the island have enough money to fly off the island.  Last thing we need is the expense of supporting or flying these people off the island on our dime.

I'll assume we'll have a private charter service that exclusively operates to/from the island. 

I propose that only round trip tickets (open ended) be sold.  In the case where a person only buys a one-way ticket, he must escrow the funds needed to fly home before he is allowed to visit.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
kuroman

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:58:05 PM

We want to make sure that visitors flying to the island have enough money to fly off the island.  Last thing we need is the expense of supporting or flying these people off the island on our dime.

I'll assume we'll have a private charter service that exclusively operates to/from the island. 

I propose that only round trip tickets (open ended) be sold.  In the case where a person only buys a one-way ticket, he must escrow the funds needed to fly home before he is allowed to visit.

for the locations I mentioned, you can use small private planes to get people off and into land, cheap, quick, and inexpensive, and of course boats for cargo and anything related to weight and heavy things
CoinDiver

Activity: 778

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:43:20 PM

Does anyone else see the irony of central planning a bitcoin island?

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

No, I don't. Decentralized currency =/= decentralized everything else.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
CoinDiver

Activity: 778

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:32:02 PM

So this island has nothing to do with bitcoin other than funding? Good luck getting those with enough  bitcoins (you know, those that believe in the principal of it) on board.

The degree that central planning works is inversely proportional to size and complexity of the activity.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:55:47 PM

So this island has nothing to do with bitcoin other than funding? Good luck getting those with enough  bitcoins (you know, those that believe in the principal of it) on board.

The degree that central planning works is inversely proportional to size and complexity of the activity.
How would you build a decentralized island? That is impossible. The planing doesn't seem central since everyone is participating here.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:12:35 AM

Agreed. Non-citizens (i.e everyone excluding the shareholders and their family members) will be forced to buy either a two way ticket or an escrow to travel to the island. Else, squatters will take the advantage of the situation.
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:35:00 AM

Not entirely true, there are some areas where foreigner companies had to intervene in areas where the huge arab building holding (that owns many of the currents projects) lacks expertise, (not annyone has the technology or the mean to build an artificial Island that will harbor building, and that will response to a requirement book (being it technical, resistance to tidal forces, earthquakes...ect ect environmental one and most importantly in terms of cost, since if you have the expertise and the knowhow you are more efficient than someone who will start from zero) but many parts of the project, especially the traditional part, and also the design was worked out with those holdings, as for workers yes, they come from foreigner countries, which is normal for the region, with a very low population, I'll give an example, Qatar there is 2 million people, less than half of them are Arab and original citizens (40%) the rest are all from migration.

Right now they are building infrastructure everywhere, investing in everything and the original population is far from being enough and doesn't want to do low level basic stuff

They give the money, the foreigners create these projects and the Asians slave to build them

Its not "low" level basic stuff, in most civilized countries construction workers are paid high with lot of benefits more than office workers in most cases. Because they risk a lot of their health to build these buildings.

The only reason Doha for example can build so Mich infra so quickly and easy is not just oil money its also because it costs them next to nothing for slavd asian labor

Look at the Doha FIFA scandal, 100's of Asians die in these construction every year in Doha.

cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:37:11 AM

We want to make sure that visitors flying to the island have enough money to fly off the island.  Last thing we need is the expense of supporting or flying these people off the island on our dime.

I propose that only round trip tickets (open ended) be sold.  In the case where a person only buys a one-way ticket, he must escrow the funds needed to fly home before he is allowed to visit.

Good idea but I disagree with open ended we need time limit so u can only visit for certain amount of time otherwise we will drown you in the ocean

We should be strict about our soverign state

meliz98

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:56:09 AM

Squatters with no skills and trouble makers will be made soylent green, two way tickets is not needed.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:41:56 AM

Look at the Doha FIFA scandal, 100's of Asians die in these construction every year in Doha.

And none of the world leaders (including Obama, Putin, Hollande and Merkel) have the balls to condemn this blatant violation of human rights, which is occurring in Doha. What more, even the FIFA hasn't said any thing on this issue.
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:01:17 AM

And none of the world leaders (including Obama, Putin, Hollande and Merkel) have the balls to condemn this blatant violation of human rights, which is occurring in Doha. What more, even the FIFA hasn't said any thing on this issue.
Many of the rich oil nations around there use slaves from asia (and partly africa). It's disgusting, and still the world doesn't react to it.
This article about Dubai sums it up pretty well: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:37:55 AM

Many of the rich oil nations around there use slaves from asia (and partly africa). It's disgusting, and still the world doesn't react to it.
This article about Dubai sums it up pretty well: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

When Russia won the right to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup, there was a lot of opposition from people living in the EU / US. They were saying that Russia does not recognize the rights of homosexuals.

I was discussing this issue on another forum, and I pointed out that the country which is hosting the 2022 FIFA WC executes the homosexuals by beheading without any trial. Why blame Russia so much, when Qatar is doing much more atrocious things? None of the EU supporters replied to my post.
kuroman

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

They give the money, the foreigners create these projects and the Asians slave to build them

Its not "low" level basic stuff, in most civilized countries construction workers are paid high with lot of benefits more than office workers in most cases. Because they risk a lot of their health to build these buildings.

The only reason Doha for example can build so Mich infra so quickly and easy is not just oil money its also because it costs them next to nothing for slavd asian labor

No most of these projects are build by in house companies such as Kingdom Holding Company, Saudi Binladin Group ect ect, there are some areas where you need the expertise of foreign companies, especially when you are talking about such unconventional projects (it happens everywhere in the world, once you acquire the expertise you start doing everything on your own)

Doesn't change the fact that it is still manual labor that doesn't require low or basic skills (When I say low or Basic it doesn't take anything from the expertise on those basic task and the craftmanship of some), and you are explaining the reasons your self they are getting payed more (a worker than a basic clerk on a supermarket as for office people that's another story) because of the high risk, high physical strain, and harsh working conditions overall as you explained it well.

It not the only reason, and it cost them billions not next to nothing, the thing is working conditions are bad, workers are forced to do supplementary hours which they are paid for but if they refuse they'll get replaced, and that most projects are 24/7, the same thing is happening in China and other fast growing countries.

Of course there are work ethic problems I think we agree on this but like I said before , more than half of the population in those countries is from asian countries that came there to work due to the huge projects investiment, looking for better salaries than in their home countries

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:09:37 PM

There are 2 places that come to mind (and I expressed this in another articale)

1. Near Morocco in the atlantic ocean, where fiber optic lines coming from NA, EU and Africa meets

2. The other place, is a bit disadvantageous, but has similar advantages, I believe south asian region, near philipines, is a good place

Checked both the locations. Internationals waters near these two locations are too deep to build the island. Shallower locations are available, but they are not in the international waters.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: