Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters  (Read 16635 times)
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:36:04 PM

This needs considerable investment not less than 100 million plus a private army to protect your project.

To build an artificial island of 10 sq. km surface area, we need billions of $$$ in investment, not millions.
I still think it would be easier to just buy an island (this for example: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/cebaco-island), hire an army and declare it a nation.
Would be a lot cheaper aswell.

how cheap do you think it is to hire an army?

you would have to keep it forever, once you disallow it, the country that claims right on the island will invade..
Nah, Panama don't even have a standing army.
We wouldn't need a really big army either. Also, if building a new island would cost billions of dollars we could for those money have a small standing army for a long time.

I'm not sure but I think the USA protects Panama?

but you do have a point, still the most wise decision would be not to take any risks

there is no country that will surrender its soverignity to a new formed country with no former history and no international support, the blue helmets might even help the country that is trying to restore its goverment over the territory..
Well, Panama is a member of NATO, however, since we don't really invade the island they won't have to do anything. We buy it and declares it independent. And since we will not strike against Panama first I think that the UN won't do anything either.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:39:33 PM

This needs considerable investment not less than 100 million plus a private army to protect your project.

To build an artificial island of 10 sq. km surface area, we need billions of $$$ in investment, not millions.
I still think it would be easier to just buy an island (this for example: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/cebaco-island), hire an army and declare it a nation.
Would be a lot cheaper aswell.

how cheap do you think it is to hire an army?

you would have to keep it forever, once you disallow it, the country that claims right on the island will invade..
Nah, Panama don't even have a standing army.
We wouldn't need a really big army either. Also, if building a new island would cost billions of dollars we could for those money have a small standing army for a long time.

I'm not sure but I think the USA protects Panama?

but you do have a point, still the most wise decision would be not to take any risks

there is no country that will surrender its soverignity to a new formed country with no former history and no international support, the blue helmets might even help the country that is trying to restore its goverment over the territory..
Well, Panama is a member of NATO, however, since we don't really invade the island they won't have to do anything. We buy it and declares it independent. And since we will not strike against Panama first I think that the UN won't do anything either.

you don't understand

you bought the island, you're now a land-owner, not a king

one does not simply declare independence, Panama would still own the territory but it's your house, not your country

just as your backyard in your current country

even countries with history ranging back to the 7th century couldn't simply declare independence without war and you think it's so simple to just start a new nation on an island another country owns Cheesy

if you want to do that the only way without war is to arrange the purchase of the island with their goverment but not as a property, as a new country

they will certainly reject but that's almost the only way without war..

blacksails

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

you don't understand

one does not simply declare independence, Panama would still own the territory but it's your house, not your country

even countries with history ranging back to the 7th century couldn't simply declare independence without war and you think it's so simple to just start a new nation on an island another country owns Cheesy

if you want to do that the only way without war is to arrange the purchase of the island with their goverment but not as a property, as a new country

Yeah, we'd be land-owners. I'm not really into the Panamanian laws, but I'm pretty sure you can do most things on your island (as long as it's not illegal, which I highly doubt it is to declare your own nation).
Also, what would they do? Invade us? Okay, sure, but we'd have our own army.
There are not many more things they could do. Even if the UN condemns our actions, nothing more would happen.
I don't say it would be easy, however, it wouldn't be easy to build a new island either.

It's probably easier to find fundings for building a new nation to.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:55:05 PM

you don't understand

Yeah, we'd be land-owners. I'm not really into the Panamanian laws, but I'm pretty sure you can do most things on your island (as long as it's not illegal, which I highly doubt it is to declare your own nation).
There are not many more things they could do. Even if the UN condemns our actions, nothing more would happen.
I don't say it would be easy, however, it wouldn't be easy to build a new island either.

of course it is, it's a crime against their sovereignty

the world would condemn us because they don't won't such countries declaring independence on their territory too, it would be hard for us to trade

and our trade would greatly benefit bitcoin because they would have to trade into our national currency sometimes Cheesy

of course they would invade, look at this realistically

isn't it more simple to build and island in peace instead of spending money on guns, tanks, helicopters, mercenaries, their salaries and having people die for a war we might not even win

set this as an example, Panama has almost 4 million population out of wich they could certainly gather at least a 100 000 soldiers to defend it's territory voluntarely and they will be well armed by a country that exist a long time while we would have to pay a 100 000 soldiers each at least 3000$ monthly (300 000 000$ per month) and count the prices for weapons,food,water,ammunition..

+ our soldiers would have lower moral because they are only paid to do this while the Panama soldiers are fighting for their own teritorry

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:58:36 PM

Panama is a "USA project", not a relevant example.

blacksails

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:59:29 PM

you don't understand

the world would condemn us because they don't won't such countries declaring independence on their territory too, it would be hard for us to trade

and our trade would greatly benefit bitcoin because they would have to trade into our national currency sometimes Cheesy

isn't it more simple to build and island in peace instead of spending money on guns, tanks, helicopters, mercenaries, their salaries and having people die for a war we might not even win

set this as an example, Panama has almost 4 million population out of wich they could certainly gather at least a 100 000 soldiers to defend it's territory voluntarely and they will be well armed by a country that exist a long time while we would have to pay a 100 000 soldiers each at least 3000$ monthly (300 000 000$ per month) and count the prices for weapons,food,water,ammunition..

+ our soldiers would have lower moral because they are only paid to do this while the Panama soldiers are fighting for their own teritorry
I still have a hard time seeing Panama invade us...
But on the other hand it is a quite big island that might be worth to defend... If we do it on a smaller island they would probably not bother to do anything about it.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:04:08 PM

you don't understand

But on the other hand it is a quite big island that might be worth to defend... If we do it on a smaller island they would probably not bother to do anything about it.

they definitely will
just check out what happend to the Minerva Reefs and other countries Michael Oliver tried to take over..

if Panama becomes insufficient to acquire the island, other countries will definitely help it..

yntro

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:12:14 PM

Here is a map of the international waters (deep blue).

Can anyone recommend me the ideal place to build the bitcoin island?

My choice would be the Saya de Malha Bank, but I am open to other ideas.  Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saya_de_Malha_Bank

well this i quite ambitiou i guess Cheesy good luck with that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blacksails

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:13:00 PM

they definitely will
just check out what happend to the Minerva Reefs and other countries Michael Oliver tried to take over..

if Panama becomes insufficient to acquire the island, other countries will definitely help it..
There is a big difference. If we declare a small, economically uninteresting, island independent in a non-militaristic democratic nation like Panama, they would probably not agree with us doing that, however, it would not be worth it. Remember that funding a invasion is quite a big deal.
A big mistake that Michael Oliver did was that he did it in Tongan waters, and Tonga is a monarchy where the king has power. He also build it in a good fishing area (that might have just been an excuse though).
john641

Activity: 235

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:54:25 PM

100 to 1000 soldiers is enough to protect that small Island. As long as it has civilians they won't just bomb in the Island that is violation.  A small navy is enough with missile defense. Just small enough deterrent and media coverage and they will not touch us.

Kiki112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:11:15 PM

they definitely will

There is a big difference. If we declare a small, economically uninteresting, island independent in a non-militaristic democratic nation like Panama, they would probably not agree with us doing that, however, it would not be worth it. Remember that funding a invasion is quite a big deal.
A big mistake that Michael Oliver did was that he did it in Tongan waters, and Tonga is a monarchy where the king has power. He also build it in a good fishing area (that might have just been an excuse though).

and the island isn't in Panamas waters?

100 to 1000 soldiers is enough to protect that small Island. As long as it has civilians they won't just bomb in the Island that is violation.  A small navy is enough with missile defense. Just small enough deterrent and media coverage and they will not touch us.

that did not stop the Serbs in slaughtering everyone they found in cities they conquered

john641

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:29:30 PM

that did not stop the Serbs in slaughtering everyone they found in cities they conquered

We will be using the power of the media. This is a different story this is not a rebellion. lol Before creating that Island we will create a buzz in the media. Make a hype on the project make the people love it. If the Island is on the international water no one would touch it or face an international sanctions and face open war.

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:11:49 PM

Find a suitable island, governed by sufficiently corrupt politicians. Pay enough of them to declare the island a sovereign territory. Paying politicians is always cheaper than doing the work yourself.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:19:12 PM

why don't we search for Atlantis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

i am here.
john641

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:37:19 PM

why don't we search for Atlantis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

Fuck off Mamas boy we are serious here.

mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:14:58 PM

So the only unclaimed areas I found was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bir_Tawil

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
john641

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:44:19 PM

Only Bir Tawil and Marie Byrd Land are not claimed by any of the other 222 entities.

Bir Tawil is between countries possibly hostile to western nationals and christians.

Marie Byrd Land is freezing cold located in Antartica

mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:52:14 PM

Only Bir Tawil and Marie Byrd Land are not claimed by any of the other 222 entities.

Bir Tawil is between countries possibly hostile to western nationals and christians.

Marie Byrd Land is freezing cold located in Antartica

And yeah it's a desert too.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:51:51 AM

There are Egyptian soldiers in Bir Tawil, although the area is not inhabited by civilians. I don't want to pickup a fight with the Egyptian military, they are quite strong. Also, the region is land-locked.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:36:33 AM

We will be using the power of the media. This is a different story this is not a rebellion. lol Before creating that Island we will create a buzz in the media. Make a hype on the project make the people love it. If the Island is on the international water no one would touch it or face an international sanctions and face open war.

we were talking about the island in Panamas juridisticion, that would indeed be a rebellion

you bought the island as a land owner and declere it independent, that's a rebellion

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: