Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters  (Read 16635 times)
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:03:33 PM

Try near Benham Rise or in Benham Plateau.
Nope, that's a part of the Philippines.
Right in the middle of the pacific

As remote as possible to make sure telecommunication is almost impossible (apart from satellite), make it very difficult to get supplies in, be as unprotected as possible against hurricanes.
Great location  Cheesy
Also we could place massive cables on the sea bed, like it's done across the atlantic. I mean, with this massive budget we're thinking of that would be no problems.
It would not be hard getting supplies there, we'll just build an airport. No problems.
Hurricanes, well, we'd simply have to build hurricane safe buildings on the island. Shouldn't be that much of a problem using modern architecture. Smiley
I was thinking it might be a good place but it wooed be better to start building a 1 km x 1 km platform and then if the need for more land you build 1 more square, until you fulfilled the demand for land. The cheapest way doing it wooed be building a box of cement around it 2 m thick and then add stone on the outside of the cement wall and sand inside, and then place trees whit deep roots. (what I think no ex) In order to finance the project someone shude start up a fond, the thing is we want a land whit no oppression but we still want to get back our investments, whit will be huge, around 100 millions dollars. But I think it won’t be hard to get it back if we can make a safe heaven for tax dealers. They have to pay to stay on the island but it will be cheap compared to the huge amounts of money they have to tax in the own land.

Well my English is bad I aren’t native English speaker   Cool

love the ide ;Grin
I agree that it might be better to build it piece by piece, that would make the funding problem a bit less.

Any idea who's going to pay for all this in a country that doesn't raise any taxes from it's citizens?
This again shows that a lot of people are just dreamers and/or don't seem to be able to think rationally about things.
The plan is to build the island itself on money donated by people and companies. The house building process when the island is finished will be done by the people that owns pieces of land and wants buildings I guess?

It’s a good idea but few investors will have the money to even to own a 1 m * 1 m of land on the island. I think it should be better to make it a paradise where you can chose if you want you’re share in land ore want to rent it out. If you rent it out  you will be paid every month, to make it fare we shade create a system that if you chose the second option you will not own any real land you will rather own a % of the total land that has not been claimed. Let’s say 10 % want a share of land then 90 % want to rent it because they don’t have Enoch ground to build anything on. Then you will get you’re % out of the land (90% that no one claimed) and if one person decides to rent 10 m square of land the income will be shard equally by the % you own in total. If one person have 10 % and the other has 0.01 percent the first one gets 10 % of the rent and the 0.01 get 0.01  %

Hehe I really am a dreamer but it’s fun to have a big imagination

that was the plan if we were to issues shares (which we probably must, since gathering such large quantities by donations would be a problem)

no taxes would indeed attract investors

but would we welcome illegals to our land?

I can think of a lot of people which would come here just to grow weed and resell it in other countries

Silk Road comes to mind Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pheoxy92

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:28:07 PM

As remote as possible to make sure telecommunication is almost impossible (apart from satellite), make it very difficult to get supplies in, be as unprotected as possible against hurricanes.
Great location  Cheesy
Also we could place massive cables on the sea bed, like it's done across the atlantic. I mean, with this massive budget we're thinking of that would be no problems.
It would not be hard getting supplies there, we'll just build an airport. No problems.
Hurricanes, well, we'd simply have to build hurricane safe buildings on the island. Shouldn't be that much of a problem using modern architecture. Smiley
I was thinking it might be a good place but it wooed be better to start building a 1 km x 1 km platform and then if the need for more land you build 1 more square, until you fulfilled the demand for land. The cheapest way doing it wooed be building a box of cement around it 2 m thick and then add stone on the outside of the cement wall and sand inside, and then place trees whit deep roots. (what I think no ex) In order to finance the project someone shude start up a fond, the thing is we want a land whit no oppression but we still want to get back our investments, whit will be huge, around 100 millions dollars. But I think it won’t be hard to get it back if we can make a safe heaven for tax dealers. They have to pay to stay on the island but it will be cheap compared to the huge amounts of money they have to tax in the own land.

love the ide ;Grin
I agree that it might be better to build it piece by piece, that would make the funding problem a bit less.

Any idea who's going to pay for all this in a country that doesn't raise any taxes from it's citizens?
This again shows that a lot of people are just dreamers and/or don't seem to be able to think rationally about things.
The plan is to build the island itself on money donated by people and companies. The house building process when the island is finished will be done by the people that owns pieces of land and wants buildings I guess?

It’s a good idea but few investors will have the money to even to own a 1 m * 1 m of land on the island. I think it should be better to make it a paradise where you can chose if you want you’re share in land ore want to rent it out. If you rent it out  you will be paid every month, to make it fare we shade create a system that if you chose the second option you will not own any real land you will rather own a % of the total land that has not been claimed. Let’s say 10 % want a share of land then 90 % want to rent it because they don’t have Enoch ground to build anything on. Then you will get you’re % out of the land (90% that no one claimed) and if one person decides to rent 10 m square of land the income will be shard equally by the % you own in total. If one person have 10 % and the other has 0.01 percent the first one gets 10 % of the rent and the 0.01 get 0.01  %

that was the plan if we were to issues shares (which we probably must, since gathering such large quantities by donations would be a problem)

I can think of a lot of people which would come here just to grow weed and resell it in other countries

It’s a good question there is things I don’t want to see on the island. I don’t want slavery it’s meant to be free from oppression, but certain side business will make the land successful. I was thinking fish growing would be a good side business when we easy can crate huge ponds while making the island. I don’t see any problems whit people coming and grow it on our islands ass long they pay low taxes and give a fare selling price on the island hehe ;P. But there are certain drugs that are to dangers to be allowed on the island like heroin, it would create endless problems and a bad media impact. In other to keep the islands ours we need to have democracy. Where etch share holder will have different votes depending on their investments to bitcoin island. To make it fare you can buy shares from each other and bye so increase you’re influence on the island. There will not be a set price on the shares you can sell them of sheep ore expensive depending on the interest by others.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:33:19 PM

Great location  Cheesy

love the ide ;Grin

It’s a good question there is things I don’t want to see on the island. I don’t want slavery it’s meant to be free from oppression, but certain side business will make the land successful. I was thinking fish growing would be a good side business when we easy can crate huge ponds while making the island. I don’t see any problems whit people coming and grow it on our islands ass long they pay low taxes and give a fare selling price on the island hehe ;P. But there are certain drugs that are to dangers to be allowed on the island like heroin, it would create endless problems and a bad media impact. In other to keep the islands ours we need to have democracy. Where etch share holder will have different votes depending on their investments to bitcoin island. To make it fare you can buy shares from each other and bye so increase you’re influence on the island. There will not be a set price on the shares you can sell them of sheep ore expensive depending on the interest by others.

there will be no taxes

we're going to a utopia

not just a country like any other Cheesy

where did you even come up with slavery, the main point is freedom

lol

like other nations would even allow us to have slavery

we should not forbid any supstances but educate our islanders about the harms of those drugs

Pheoxy92

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 08:32:40 PM

Great location  Cheesy

love the ide ;Grin

there will be no taxes

we're going to a utopia

lol

we should not forbid any supstances but educate our islanders about the harms of those drugs

I did not mean taxes i ment rent for land my bad  Tongue

I to want a utopia where everything is legal but we need some basic rules ore it be anarchy (as few rules as possible)

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:46:38 PM

Won't be a utopia if love is banned like Bryant proposes.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:51:57 PM

Where did he propose that?
Kiki112

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:54:46 PM

Great location  Cheesy

love the ide ;Grin

there will be no taxes

we're going to a utopia

lol

I to want a utopia where everything is legal but we need some basic rules ore it be anarchy (as few rules as possible)

basic rules will be only against murder,robbery,rape and etc. Smiley

mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:30:31 PM

Great location  Cheesy

love the ide ;Grin

there will be no taxes

we're going to a utopia

lol

basic rules will be only against murder,robbery,rape and etc. Smiley

and hacking

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:41:57 PM

and hacking
Why? I think hacking and hacktivism should be encouraged. Since we'd have laws against stealing, any hacking related theft (when it comes to money anyway) would be illegal anyway!
Kiki112

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:32:02 PM

and hacking
Why? I think hacking and hacktivism should be encouraged. Since we'd have laws against stealing, any hacking related theft (when it comes to money anyway) would be illegal anyway!

yeah, we want our bitcoins secure Cheesy

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:06:21 AM

Where did he propose that?

I get that you want to create an island and all, but all that can be done within the gates of heaven, even better.

Sorry dude. Dankanism will be banned in my island. You need to find another place.

Dankanism (love) is spreading, perhaps you're the one that should find a better place if you cannot love this planet and the inhabitants.

Oh God! I really hope that as a religion, Dankanism will soon be able to overtake Christianity and Islam. But that wouldn't tempt me to remove the ban on your religion in my island.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:11:28 AM

Yes. We are issuing shares. Out of a total area of 10 million sq.m, 5 million sq.m will got to the shareholders. There will be 5,000,000 shares, each share worth 1 sq.m.

Non-citizens will be able to travel to the island and buy weed without any restrictions. But they will have no right to cultivate and sell weed. That right will be reserved to licensed citizens.

There will be no income tax. But there will be a GST over weed sales.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:11:54 AM

https://soundcloud.com/dankm/stop-the-machine

Kiki112

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:19:16 AM

Yes. We are issuing shares. Out of a total area of 10 million sq.m, 5 million sq.m will got to the shareholders. There will be 5,000,000 shares, each share worth 1 sq.m.

Non-citizens will be able to travel to the island and buy weed without any restrictions. But they will have no right to cultivate and sell weed. That right will be reserved to licensed citizens.

There will be no income tax. But there will be a GST over weed sales.

there shouldn't be any  of that

only property rent, no taxes, no GST

100% utopia, not 90% Cheesy

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:59:57 AM

I am not sure about that. We need at least some revenue, to maintain a proper well-armed army. Anyway, it is up to the share-holders to decide. In Bitcoin island, the voting rights will be limited to the share-holders, on all aspects.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:32:14 PM

I am not sure about that. We need at least some revenue, to maintain a proper well-armed army. Anyway, it is up to the share-holders to decide. In Bitcoin island, the voting rights will be limited to the share-holders, on all aspects.

1 share 1 vote or 1 shareholder 1 vote?

mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:37:59 PM

sounds more like a company than an island

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Kiki112

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:39:40 PM

well, we need to get the money to build it from somewhere Cheesy

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:04:09 PM

1 share = 1 vote. A total of 5 million shares, and therefore 5 million votes. I don't think I'll be able to afford more than one share. So probably I'll be having one vote.  Grin

Yes... that is the problem.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 01:07:51 PM

This. The island can't be built without proper funding, and you need a lot of $ for it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: