Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters  (Read 16635 times)
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:24:21 PM

I've read the entire thread but I still wonder why one would want to build such thing as a bitcoin island?
What would be the purpose of it? Have I missed something major?

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:27:25 PM

I've read the entire thread but I still wonder why one would want to build such thing as a bitcoin island?

1.massive media coverage
2.no taxes, legal weed, aka. utopia
3.official currency bitcoins
4.tourists will be forced to buy bitcoins to purchase stuff on our island increasing the price significantly

and that's just out of the top of my head Cheesy

have you ever wanted not to pay taxes? Smiley

DAYAGO

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:00:43 PM

Right in the middle of the pacific
duhosnyul

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:38:28 PM

Try near Benham Rise or in Benham Plateau.

Energycoin. eD5Kv8NxNAgge58bbyJfZpANDDJg2G7uid
Freebiescoin- Free Distribution
FCsxVbuZzEekqY9q9voNZHps7fnqndRfuF
rmines

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:42:47 PM

As remote as possible to make sure telecommunication is almost impossible (apart from satellite), make it very difficult to get supplies in, be as unprotected as possible against hurricanes.
Great location  Cheesy

Pheoxy92

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:59:50 PM

I was thinking it might be a good place but it wooed be better to start building a 1 km x 1 km platform and then if the need for more land you build 1 more square, until you fulfilled the demand for land. The cheapest way doing it wooed be building a box of cement around it 2 m thick and then add stone on the outside of the cement wall and sand inside, and then place trees whit deep roots. (what I think no ex) In order to finance the project someone shude start up a fond, the thing is we want a land whit no oppression but we still want to get back our investments, whit will be huge, around 100 millions dollars. But I think it won’t be hard to get it back if we can make a safe heaven for tax dealers. They have to pay to stay on the island but it will be cheap compared to the huge amounts of money they have to tax in the own land.

Well my English is bad I aren’t native English speaker   Cool

love the ide ;Grin
Pheoxy92

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 09:09:54 PM

Its meant to be a land for 100 % freedom but it wont be possible, you need payback on investments, but almost no taxes, cheep beer, and wild growing weed  
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:12:57 PM

Nope, that's a part of the Philippines.

As remote as possible to make sure telecommunication is almost impossible (apart from satellite), make it very difficult to get supplies in, be as unprotected as possible against hurricanes.
Great location  Cheesy
Also we could place massive cables on the sea bed, like it's done across the atlantic. I mean, with this massive budget we're thinking of that would be no problems.
It would not be hard getting supplies there, we'll just build an airport. No problems.
Hurricanes, well, we'd simply have to build hurricane safe buildings on the island. Shouldn't be that much of a problem using modern architecture. Smiley
I was thinking it might be a good place but it wooed be better to start building a 1 km x 1 km platform and then if the need for more land you build 1 more square, until you fulfilled the demand for land. The cheapest way doing it wooed be building a box of cement around it 2 m thick and then add stone on the outside of the cement wall and sand inside, and then place trees whit deep roots. (what I think no ex) In order to finance the project someone shude start up a fond, the thing is we want a land whit no oppression but we still want to get back our investments, whit will be huge, around 100 millions dollars. But I think it won’t be hard to get it back if we can make a safe heaven for tax dealers. They have to pay to stay on the island but it will be cheap compared to the huge amounts of money they have to tax in the own land.

Well my English is bad I aren’t native English speaker   Cool

love the ide ;Grin
I agree that it might be better to build it piece by piece, that would make the funding problem a bit less.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:56:59 PM

Great location  Cheesy

what hurricanes, we're not making it in the USA Cheesy

Its meant to be a land for 100 % freedom but it wont be possible, you need payback on investments, but almost no taxes, cheep beer, and wild growing weed  

why do we need a return of investment when all the money will be gathered by donations?

rmines

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:18:14 AM

Great location  Cheesy
Also we could place massive cables on the sea bed, like it's done across the atlantic. I mean, with this massive budget we're thinking of that would be no problems.
It would not be hard getting supplies there, we'll just build an airport. No problems.
Hurricanes, well, we'd simply have to build hurricane safe buildings on the island. Shouldn't be that much of a problem using modern architecture. Smiley

love the ide ;Grin
I agree that it might be better to build it piece by piece, that would make the funding problem a bit less.

Any idea who's going to pay for all this in a country that doesn't raise any taxes from it's citizens?
This again shows that a lot of people are just dreamers and/or don't seem to be able to think rationally about things.

blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:02:23 PM

Great location  Cheesy

love the ide ;Grin

Any idea who's going to pay for all this in a country that doesn't raise any taxes from it's citizens?
This again shows that a lot of people are just dreamers and/or don't seem to be able to think rationally about things.
The plan is to build the island itself on money donated by people and companies. The house building process when the island is finished will be done by the people that owns pieces of land and wants buildings I guess?
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:45:32 PM

we should get the area scanned to see how big of an area are those shallow depths..
and to see which location would be the most suitable one

For the past 2-3 days, I am going through the GEBCO gridded bathymetry data (30 seconds resolution) for the Saya de Malha region. Still can't finalize a location. I don't know much about the accuracy of the data, but I hope it will be good for at least the preliminary calculations. And regarding those shallow depths, they are more or less scattered.
Kiki112

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:21:32 PM

Great location  Cheesy

love the ide ;Grin

donations can work as well as taxes, probably even better

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:29:47 PM

^^^ We will be operating a 100% legal Bitcoin-ti-fiat and fiat-to-Bitcoin exchange service. Also, there will be state owned Bitcoin-based gambling and other ventures as well. The service fee from these operations will be more than enough to take care of the expenses (such as army, navy.etc). Also, we will be renting out land to large-scale investors to establish shopping centers and other commercial buildings. A part of this income will be paid to the share-holders, while the remaining will go to the national budget.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:32:07 PM

There is a basic misunderstanding of economics in this plan.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
supernovax

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:39:47 PM

we should get the area scanned to see how big of an area are those shallow depths..
and to see which location would be the most suitable one

For the past 2-3 days, I am going through the GEBCO gridded bathymetry data (30 seconds resolution) for the Saya de Malha region. Still can't finalize a location. I don't know much about the accuracy of the data, but I hope it will be good for at least the preliminary calculations. And regarding those shallow depths, they are more or less scattered.

Try looking using google earth. It shows depth I don't know how accurate it is.

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:53:30 PM

Try looking using google earth. It shows depth I don't know how accurate it is.

Nope. It is very difficult to do the calculations. I am viewing the data in Q-GIS. Quite easy to create the polygons and get the average depths and area.
Pheoxy92

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 06:14:38 PM

[/quote]

why do we need a return of investment when all the money will be gathered by donations?
[/quote]

We would need 100 millions of dollars, I am a dreamer first hand, but in order to actually create something you need to add reason. Why wooed we build something we won’t be able to be a part in? So you mean we build it and then give it away to the first persons to arrive to the bitcoin land? Someone in the tread sad that 1 ton on sand cost 1 dollar, If we cover a square kilometer and the depts. are 27 meters it be 1000 * 1000 * 23 = 23 000 000 dollars.

Cool
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:52:52 PM

Someone in the tread sad that 1 ton on sand cost 1 dollar, If we cover a square kilometer and the depts. are 27 meters it be 1000 * 1000 * 23 = 23 000 000 dollars.

We need other expensive building materials as well, such as concrete pillars.

At an average depth of some 30m, we might require 300 million cubic meters of material. If 90% of that is sand, then we might require a total of around 400 million tonnes of sand. The cost of dredged sand is right now at around $10 per cubic meter (around $6.7 per ton).
Pheoxy92

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 06:57:44 PM

Great location  Cheesy

love the ide ;Grin

The plan is to build the island itself on money donated by people and companies. The house building process when the island is finished will be done by the people that owns pieces of land and wants buildings I guess?

It’s a good idea but few investors will have the money to even to own a 1 m * 1 m of land on the island. I think it should be better to make it a paradise where you can chose if you want you’re share in land ore want to rent it out. If you rent it out  you will be paid every month, to make it fare we shade create a system that if you chose the second option you will not own any real land you will rather own a % of the total land that has not been claimed. Let’s say 10 % want a share of land then 90 % want to rent it because they don’t have Enoch ground to build anything on. Then you will get you’re % out of the land (90% that no one claimed) and if one person decides to rent 10 m square of land the income will be shard equally by the % you own in total. If one person have 10 % and the other has 0.01 percent the first one gets 10 % of the rent and the 0.01 get 0.01  %

Hehe I really am a dreamer but it’s fun to have a big imagination
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: