Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165234 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:16:53 PM

Poor marketing by david or curtis? Bad idea? Maybe, just maybe, mastercoin's reputation is tarnishing the crowdsales on the network?
I'd love to invest in this one.  It is an awesome idea.  The only trouble is, once I give my $50,000 they will simple change the rules so Brock Pierce and other MSC whales can put another huge chuck of money in thier pockets.  Why should I lose another $50,000 because MasterProtocol thinks it is OK to change the rules in the middle of the deal?  No thanks. 

If you think the API Network failure has anything at all to do with the quality of the project - you'd be wrong.  It has everything to do with a fundraising platform that can be manipulated to take money from one group and give it to another group - 'in the name of fairness' according to David Irvine.  Fucker. 

I seriously doubt ANY project will ever successfully fund on MasterProtocol again. 

What an asshole.  Mastercoin has an awesome future as long as the coders work hard and stop listening to this forum.

+1 He is an asshole.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:02:51 PM

Poor marketing by david or curtis? Bad idea? Maybe, just maybe, mastercoin's reputation is tarnishing the crowdsales on the network?
I'd love to invest in this one.  It is an awesome idea.  The only trouble is, once I give my $50,000 they will simple change the rules so Brock Pierce and other MSC whales can put another huge chuck of money in thier pockets.  Why should I lose another $50,000 because MasterProtocol thinks it is OK to change the rules in the middle of the deal?  No thanks. 

If you think the API Network failure has anything at all to do with the quality of the project - you'd be wrong.  It has everything to do with a fundraising platform that can be manipulated to take money from one group and give it to another group - 'in the name of fairness' according to David Irvine.  Fucker. 

I seriously doubt ANY project will ever successfully fund on MasterProtocol again. 

What an asshole.  Mastercoin has an awesome future as long as the coders work hard and stop listening to this forum.

+1 He is an asshole.  Cheesy
Maybe because he lost a lot of money because of his own greed

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:35:43 AM

Hi folks,

I wanted to point out this interesting 'forum debate' between Mastercoin and Counterparty on the Storj forum.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:05:15 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 04:15:50 PM by RawDog

Hi folks,

I wanted to point out this interesting 'forum debate' between Mastercoin and Counterparty on the Storj forum.
Don't go sucking Storj's dick; they need MSC not the other way around.  Counterparty is a cheap clone of MSC with a thin team who did nothing more than rip off the MSC concept and build a few cool add-ons.  If Storj goes that way, they'll suffer for it  -  but it will not diminish MSC at all.  

There is only one thing to do - make MSC better.  Get back to work and get the protocol stronger.  Don't waste time chasing those guys who bring nothing for the protocol.  If MSC didn't fuck up the MaidSafe deal, they'd be a million miles in the lead now.  Just have to figure a way to do the next deal better.  

Storj doesn't bring anything to MasterProtocol - MasterProtocol brings everything to them.  

Let Robby McPeobody keep developing his MSC clone with his hidden treasure of millions of shares.  A system owned and controlled by one guy.  In the long run, that one-man-show collapses like a wet paper bag.  

Keep your eye on the ball.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:48:20 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 07:31:04 PM by hmmmstrange

Why is Storj listed on http://wiki.mastercoin.org/index.php/Upcoming_Crowdsales ?

It makes you question all of the listed crowdsales. Did you just haphazardly list projects hoping they would use mastercoin?
ejinte

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:17:03 PM

Why is Storj listed on http://wiki.mastercoin.org/index.php/Upcoming_Crowdsales ?

It makes you question all of the listed crowdsales. Did you just haphazardly list projects hoping they would use mastercoin?

So far the API network has raised 37BTC and the genercoin 3BTC. I'm guessing it's less than they been hoping for however I wonder where they've been advertising their projects? Is there a thread here on bitcointalk about this crowed sales? Or is it reddit strictly only? If you're looking to raise BTC the best place to go should be bitcointalk.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:47:20 PM

So far the API network has raised 37BTC and the genercoin 3BTC. I'm guessing it's less than they been hoping for however I wonder where they've been advertising their projects? Is there a thread here on bitcointalk about this crowed sales? Or is it reddit strictly only? If you're looking to raise BTC the best place to go should be bitcointalk.

API network used to have a percentage to first goal on their page. It was taken down after stuck at "7% to first goal" for a week.

Sadly they will probably raise less then $50k.
ejinte

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:54:46 PM

API network used to have a percentage to first goal on their page. It was taken down after stuck at "7% to first goal" for a week.

Well I don't know where they're searching for potential investors if they don't have a thread here or somewhere else where speculator hang around......

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
mikewirth

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:34:03 PM

The peculiar thing is, it happens to be one of the most interesting projects I've seen come to Mastercoin.  Storj is dumb as hell.  API Network could be huge.  WTF? 
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:53:41 PM

The peculiar thing is, it happens to be one of the most interesting projects I've seen come to Mastercoin.  Storj is dumb as hell.  API Network could be huge.  WTF? 

people under estimate how much leg work is required to bring in mega cash

look at Swarm, Joel Dietz probably spent about the better part of this year going around talking to people

there is a reason why investment bankers and kicker starter take 5-10 points
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:13:10 AM

Hi folks,

Don't go sucking Storj's dick; they need MSC not the other way around.  Counterparty is a cheap clone of MSC with a thin team who did nothing more than rip off the MSC concept and build a few cool add-ons.  If Storj goes that way, they'll suffer for it  -  but it will not diminish MSC at all.  

There is only one thing to do - make MSC better.  Get back to work and get the protocol stronger.  Don't waste time chasing those guys who bring nothing for the protocol.  If MSC didn't fuck up the MaidSafe deal, they'd be a million miles in the lead now.  Just have to figure a way to do the next deal better.  

Storj doesn't bring anything to MasterProtocol - MasterProtocol brings everything to them.  

Let Robby McPeobody keep developing his MSC clone with his hidden treasure of millions of shares.  A system owned and controlled by one guy.  In the long run, that one-man-show collapses like a wet paper bag.  

Well that is certainly one way to put it.  Smiley

I think you all will be pleased with the Donor and BizDev affiliate program that is launching.  At least as a starting point.

The short of it is that:

a) mastercoin has money to feed developers and an organization that has been developed over the past year to scale thanks to the hard work or Ron and Craig and all of the many people on the development team.

b) we assume that the best D'Apps will be dependent on bitcoin and bitcoin 2.0 protocols for their in-game "economy" (for lack of better phrase)

c) those D'Apps will continue to evolve (v1, v2, v3...) and will have lower level protocol needs which we have factor inputs for (see point A) to fulfill as a scalable open source development organization

d) D'Apps can choose to donate to the foundation to get master protocol development resources as well as access to bitcoin developers that we support (i.e., Peter Todd and more if we get donations) to help with evolutionary requirements (part of their donation goes directly to pay developers for protocol issues important to D'Apps)

e) YOU can now get compensated as a BizDev Affiliate if you help shepherd a D'App to use Master Protocol and they donate

This is not set in stone yet, but take a look and see how you would tweak this

Presentation of the concept

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C1wBL7BMjeSBkIfwc_Wv-EjEQ6GYBEXf30sXKr2lHZY/edit#slide=id.g3557985ad_0103

Outline of Industry Member and Member program benefits, and compensation for BizDev team and affiliates

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLsoM7jNPyg74ABZlqFsVOOKA1OXowVKuI7WfHnnaSY/edit#gid=0
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:52:14 AM

Hi folks,

Rawdawg, you seem to have this big crush on me,  because not more than a few posts of yours go by on this thread before you bring my name up,  again and again and again. Just so you know,  major decisions by the counterparty core team are made by consensus between Adam,  Evan, and I,  along with the community,  as appropriate. No one ever makes major decisions unilaterally. This is how it has been since the start,  by design. (and thus,  there is no "big dick CEO"... Sorry to bust your bubble there)

Past that,  I'd appreciate if you could keep your ad hominem remarks to yourself.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:36:10 AM

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-123-mastercoin-1-year-later-with-ron-gross
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:13:16 PM

Hi folks,

Rawdawg, you seem to have this big crush on me,  because not more than a few posts of yours go by on this thread before you bring my name up,  again and again and again. Just so you know,  major decisions by the counterparty core team are made by consensus between Adam,  Evan, and I,  along with the community,  as appropriate. No one ever makes major decisions unilaterally. This is how it has been since the start,  by design. (and thus,  there is no "big dick CEO"... Sorry to bust your bubble there)

Past that,  I'd appreciate if you could keep your ad hominem remarks to yourself.

That's pretty funny, today is the first day I learnt that 'xnova' is Robby.  So, not that big of a crush actually.  I just remember you fondly from the time when you came to MasterPeople and said: "You need to do...", "What's wrong with you is...",  "I've done many projects...", "You need me or you will die..".  

That's how you got the 'big swinging dick' moniker - not because anyone thinks you are the CEO.  Asshole.  

You guys keep working hard, MasterProtocol enjoys having you working on their testbed platform so they can incorporate any good ideas you might come up with - no matter how improbable that is.  

Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:02:09 PM

MSC on poloniex:

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2014.07.02-Mastercoin-Now-Available-for-Trading-on-Poloniex
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:05:20 PM

This could be interesting.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 02:50:21 PM

The price on Polonex is already higher than on MasterXChange.  Boy this is a great arbitrage play.  The busier market (polonex) will have higher prices for a long time.  Buy on Master and sell on Polonix

Bitoy

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:48:04 PM

Nice. 

MasterCore is forked from Bitcoin Core.   It should be easier now for other exchanges to add MSC. 
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 05:55:42 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 05:40:09 AM by vokain

Nice.  

MasterCore is forked from Bitcoin Core.   It should be easier now for other exchanges to add MSC.  

but still! Poloniex decided to implement the soon-to-be deprecated mastercoin-tools despite MasterCore alpha being live and beta soon in August. I'm really impressed on their part
udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:49:36 PM

A CRITICAL update (build 0040) has been posted for MasterChest Wallet v0.4a that addresses an edge-case to crowdsale parsing discovered during internal testing. No current user balances are affected, but this update is required for all users to stay in consensus as additional Smart Properties and crowdsales are issued.

Please update your wallet now by downloading the new version at:

https://masterchest.info/wallet.aspx

]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: