Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2017, 10:41:20 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PiMP: Portable Instant Mining Platform. How to mine crypto the fastest way.  (Read 54672 times)
melt7777

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:51:20 PM

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE: MINE ETH, ETC, XMR, DCR, and MORE!!!!!

Hello miners! We have a lot to announce here, and we will keep it brief:

getPiMP.org is now an entire suite of crypto software products and services. Since we have a lot of things to offer the mining community we are no longer doing our work for free, but we think you will find our pricing model reasonable and affordable. You will be able to purchase PiMP using our secure website, using credit/debit payment via Paypal, and BTC via Coinbase.

PiMP Classic, the original PiMP mining platform, has been fully updated and enhanced with many new features. We now support Ethereum and other new algos, updates are working, and it’s easier to get support. We are also planning a PiMP nVidia edition, something we have wanted to do for years.
A brand new website, brand new miner.farm service, brand new PiMP! Come check us out: Stack your loot from head to boot!

https://getPiMP.org

Portable Instant Mining Platform is By miners, for miners.

PiMP is now a complete set of mining tools produced from the latest technology. By running PiMP you put a platform on your rig that allows you to get the latest updates to miners, configurations, settings, and PiMP software by typing a few quick commands. It is made especially for new miners to bring crypto mining to more people.

Your friends,
getPiMP.org team.

--------------------------------------------------

Portable Instant Mining Platform (c) Copyright 2014 getPiMP.org
Support: #PiMP on Freenode IRC "PiMP is Copyrighted - Accept No Imitations" (AKA: You cannot release your own clones of PiMP. This is not GPL License. Don't steal our work, contribute to it instead - Thanks!)

Why PiMP?

THE FIRST 64 BIT PLATFORM (Support all your RAM)

MULTI ALGORITHMS (Scrypt/N/Vert/Dark/Max/Heavy/Jane/Quark/Groestl)

PORTABLE AND INSTANT (Boot, config, mine)

HARDWARE SUPPORT (latest Mobos, up to 7 GPUs)

GET IT NOW (on the website)

Here is a list of commonly used commands:

pimp = Show this listing.
test = Restart mining and show the miner console
edit = Edit your /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf
sc = show the miner console (Control-A, release, D to detach from it)
ms = mine stop
rb = reboot
back = backup your poolmanager.conf and cgminer.conf
helpme = Pastebin some diagnostics for a PiMP Rescue!

PiMP is Copyrighted work - Accept No Imitations - Official Releases on getPiMP.org
v1.3 beta: released april 5 2014

CHANGES FROM v1.2:

Cleared and disabled system logs to preserve disk writes and space. Disabled Display Power Management that was causing hash drops on some cards after 1 hour of mining. (See 1.1 bugs) Moved some partitions around and cleaned out more junk. Fixed PoolManager and the default miner profiles. Updated various scripts, including helpme script for advanced troubleshooting. Replaced LXDE with FluxBox window manager for speed and space. RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP FOR MENU! Customized FluxBox settings, display, options. Removed hashrate from desktop stats to reduce disk and miner API polls. Replaced NetworkManager with customized wicd for speed and space and better network performance.

Donations

BTC: 18ZyXaSs1mMoktaQP2titGw7rDwqkSuVTw
LTC: LfrWWvhJYfiNNPkDb3ErHtcRh21MmcQCi3
DOGE: DPc9nzcR7sQEzZN9GuJuzid4dsML2M5Gxo
Cryptsy Trade Key: 23b4c98265f8401d5e99fd7a147baa4bdd8965f4

All of us at #PiMP for Supporting the Mining Community!

BEHOLD! The Successor to BAMT!

PiMP your rig with 64-bit debian linux.
Features: Fully upgradable, with the latest drivers and kernel support
AMD Catalyst drivers for compatibility with the majority of today's cards.
Latest Linux-Poolmanager for HTTPS management of pool profiles and monitoring Email notifications of mining issues
Full persistent RDP Remote Access as well as SSH Easy to use Interfaces, Command lines, and Utilities Included
Miners supporting: Scrypt, Scrypt-N, SHA-3, Heavy, Jane, Chacha, Groestl, Qubit, etc.
Mine Litecoin, Dogecoin, Maxcoin, Darkcoin, Vertcoin, HeavyCoin, etc out of the box!
Works with UEFI AND LEGACY Booting BIOS!
Shows your CPU load, IP address, etc. on the desktop! Pimpin!

Subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/getpimp
IRC Support: #PiMP on Freenode (webchat available on website)

THERE ARE NO HIDDEN DONATION SCHEMES IN THIS OPERATING SYSTEM. IF YOU CHOOSE TO THANK US FOR HELPING YOU, YOU MAY DO SO VOLUNTARILY USING THE ADDRESSES ABOVE. WE DO NOT STEAL HASHES FROM OUR PEOPLE. We do include fee-based miners for completeness and by miner request. The recommended miner is sgminer-gm and is not a fee-based miner.

melt7777, PiMP Team Leader
getPiMP.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starlilyth

Activity: 24

Perl Witch

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 09:36:42 PM

This is it! The long awaited 64bit replacement to BAMT - All versions!

I fully support this version - PoolManager 1.3.1 is installed by default.

Get it!
Lily

-> https://miner.farm | https://www.getPiMP.org <-
starlilyth

Activity: 24

Perl Witch

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

Image. Boot. Mine.

This is the philosophy behind PIMP. The easiest, most complete and up to date Linux mining distro is now ready for you!

Version 1.3.1 is available now at http://getpimp.org/

Get it!
Lily

-> https://miner.farm | https://www.getPiMP.org <-
bitmonster

Activity: 129

@cryptominer

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:00:56 PM

Great job, just downloaded & installed 1.3 work great...

THere are 2 GPU miners i would like too install 2 the MMC & PTS miner from 1gh.com...

How would i go about it, too run does miners on the PIMP platform

Best Regards
eafa

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:10:28 PM

Can it work from a flashdrive ? Can someone please make a small step-by-step guide on how to install it on a flashdrive and start mining ? DLing anyway, looks promising.

edit: just noticed FAQ section here http://getpimp.org/faq.html , looks like it answers my question
koolkiwikat

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:21:00 PM

Hi, Im loving the release so far, Running beta 1.3.1, only problem so far is there is no data displayed for Temp/GPU/Mem speeds, hashing Darkcoin wtih 5xR290's @ 11.8GH

EDIT: After doing a planned reboot, all data is displayed properly!

Does anyone know if the WU rate is important with X11 coins?
rorbit

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:53:33 PM

Great work.  Thanks.

Small bug in /opt/pimp/viewgpu the temp iterator should be k, not i.
hometester

Activity: 215

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:30:41 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/getpimp/comments/22ljyp/redd_twit_promo_follow_us_at/

▬▬▬▬▬▬ BeOne ICO  ■ Blockchain revolutionizes education ■ BeOne ICO ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread Facebook Telegram Twitter
■ ICO on September 7 ■ Bonus up to 50%
_r2h

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:56:04 PM

Just installed on a test rig.  Works great, Awesome work!
_huxley

Activity: 8

fuck.this.shit.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:05:13 PM

You guys are the developers of BAMT 1.3 right? 

I saw how some people started to fork BAMT and continued calling it BAMT. 

Any chance for nVidia support any time soon?

Donate BTC! - 1EjfQPsndac3U9mphSbRAn2GJdS7QbZJrb
kirukisu

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:33:15 PM

Great work with this distro.

16vPQGUCg6Q6SFrDYo3moPjprp2x6Me3Ro
altcointalk14

Activity: 229

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:41:42 PM

I have copied pimp 1.3.1beta from linux and windows vista to 3 different USB drives.  None will boot on 3 different rigs/diff mobos.  When I check the USB with Gparted the flag is set to boot but it does not boot, (I do not get "No Boot Device Found" error) but it still does not boot.  These rigs will boot with BAMT 1.3, 1.6, Cryptoslax and Xubuntu64.  I am sure this is something way simple, any ideas?
Caldweld

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:09:11 PM

Have just installed this on 36 rigs and I must say, I am not going back! the simplicity of this os is stunning.

I do get a few issues with cards dropping out after a reboot, but firstboot seems to fix them.
altcointalk14

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:02:21 AM

I really want to try this pIMP, but having problems making the PIMP USB boot.  I write the image (copy the linux terminal command from getpimp.org to write image) so I know I am doing exactly as instructed.  Everything is there and the boot flag is checked but my rigs wont boot on the USB.  I can take the exact same USB and write a BAMT/SMOS/Cryptoslax image and they all boot, but for some reason the PIMP USB will not boot  (tried 8 & 16 GB USB).  I have not seen ANY other comments like this, so I know it is me.  Can someone offer suggestions of what I should check so I can figure this out??  THANKS!!!
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:20:04 AM

WIFI USB stick is not working.. any advice?

altcointalk14

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:56:31 PM

I really want to try this pIMP, but having problems making the PIMP USB boot.  I write the image (copy the linux terminal command from getpimp.org to write image) so I know I am doing exactly as instructed.  Everything is there and the boot flag is checked but my rigs wont boot on the USB.  I can take the exact same USB and write a BAMT/SMOS/Cryptoslax image and they all boot, but for some reason the PIMP USB will not boot  (tried 8 & 16 GB USB).  I have not seen ANY other comments like this, so I know it is me.  Can someone offer suggestions of what I should check so I can figure this out??  THANKS!!!

Sorry everyone, I was doing this:
sudo dd if=pimp1.3.1beta.img of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

instead of this:
sudo dd if=pimp1.3.1beta.img of=/dev/sdb

I think it was making the boot sector the wrong size.
dice83

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:52:43 PM

Loving PiMP! I'm a newb and started messing around with BAMT and SMOS, both which had issues. PiMP was just easy. It worked right out of the box and I'm loving it. Thanks for spending so much time on this! Once I get some coins, I'll be sure to send a donation your way!

By the way, the Pool Manager is fantastic. Thanks Lily!  Smiley

RckStar

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:50:02 AM

I'm using the bee version of SMOS and it's been goin good so far. I connect to the miningrig through my desktop's browser and just change the Cgminer Config through the webinterface.
That's very simple to me, since i just make my configs in a .txt file (windows) and just copy paste to that webinterface. Then press restart and BAM, it's running what i want.
The only thing i'd like to change is to be able to run other things than just scrypt. AND i'd like to keep it simple as it is now. Is this possible with PIMP?
Can i just press a button through the webinterface from my desktop, making the miningrig change it's mining algorithm? or how is this best done the easiest way, from my desktop in windows?
I'm pretty n00b with linux.

*Link Removed*
badman74

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:11:16 AM

you might check out my modded sgminer at https://github.com/badman74/sph-sgminer/tree/algo
it has scrypt, nscrypt, scrypt-jane, darkcoin, qubitcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, quarkcoin, fuguecoin, inkcoin, animecoin, groestlcoin, sifcoin and twecoin
all in one miner.
just check readme.md and /doc/configuration.md for info
RckStar

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:28:32 AM

you might check out my modded sgminer at https://github.com/badman74/sph-sgminer/tree/algo
it has scrypt, nscrypt, scrypt-jane, darkcoin, qubitcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, quarkcoin, fuguecoin, inkcoin, animecoin, groestlcoin, sifcoin and twecoin
all in one miner.
just check readme.md and /doc/configuration.md for info

Sounds great, I'd like to do this but is there any way you could take me (us) by the hand and tell step by step how to implement this in PIMP, with still being able to use it with all functions including the PoolManager?

*Link Removed*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.