Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DARKCOIN (NOW KNOWN AS DASH) BIG SCAM?? let's take a closer look  (Read 13881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
InternetApe

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 09:40:21 PM

The max coin was changed after a lengthy discussion on the topic and it was the community that decided on that.

I have addressed your issues and all of these have be addressed before by the community.

If you dont like it, i apologize, but you dont seem to want to hear what I am saying as you say it is BS. But the facts are the facts.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:44:19 PM

bad launch time plus ninja launch is far worse than any instamined coin with ANN

+1

We're in this sea of endless clones with massive premines and ninja launches and this guy chooses to attack one of the very few coins that is trying to innovate.

This. I don't care if it was instamined, it brings something new to the table.

LOL what a strange idea?? i don't care if the dev and his pals can take an extreme cut of the coins ?? are you for real ? Let's me serious on this thread a coin pretending to be fair with no premine taking a huge instamine is not okay. If it is okay for dark to release with instamining super powers then all coins should be allowed.... do you want all coins released without a windows QT and the devs hitting the super instamine button?

Instamines especially those that make sure there is little competition from miners by releasing without a windows qt are possibly WORSE than premines of a similar size.  Yes you can instamine a huge % of the coin in a VERY short period of time with no other competition around. It is worse than premine because not only do you take a huge % of the coins which is the same as a premine, you also take all of the easy coins at the start from miners so it is a double whammy for miners.

I understand that it's not fair to launch without a Windows QT (not that I particularly care about Windows users), but the fact of the matter is, the devs actually made something new. They didn't just copy and paste another shitcoin's source and call it a new coin. Don't you think the time they spent coding should be rewarded? You could say they should have premined, but this fucking community feels like that's so bad. It IS bad, but only when the dev isn't a dev at all. If someone did real work, they should be rewarded for it.

Also, every coin ever has been instamined. Maybe not to this extent, but it still has been.

This is off topic however one time answer to this ....

But your message is this.... Yes you acknowledge it was an instamine scam excluding deliberately all windows user, but  you don't care about windows users?? so it is okay?

Also did you read this and understand the actual magnitude of this instamine??

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

That coupled with no windows wallet - there can be NO justification..

Yes now on to the innovation. To me yes it seems they have put in some work and continue to do so. Do they deserve some coins.  Yes. However this does not justify the AMOUNT they have and the way that they took them.

Look are we in agreement these are the facts below.... no windows wallet +

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

If we agree these are the facts fine let's leave it. At least i see no lies coming from you guys... you admit it was an instamine scam. End of story. There is no justification for this kind of thing.

I am happy to let it drop. There is nothing more to gain. It was a scam start, the distribution was DREADFUL  that is the end of it people should decide if they support it or not now they have the facts.

Constanly trying to justify it on here is not going to change the facts.  

I am ready to move on and forget it. It makes no difference to me the damage is done, they have got away with it it seems. The next coin that tries it we will be ready and stop it before it goes too far.

Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:49:39 PM

For this thread to be taken seriously, you should definitely NOT be self moderating it.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:50:32 PM

The max coin was changed after a lengthy discussion on the topic and it was the community that decided on that.

I have addressed your issues and all of these have be addressed before by the community.

If you dont like it, i apologize, but you dont seem to want to hear what I am saying as you say it is BS. But the facts are the facts.

Anyone holding any decent amount of drk coins will always vote to decrease the minting because the value of their coins rises. This means nothing regarding the facts here below and no windows wallet on the launch for extra scam.

so long as you are not refuting these facts it's fine, that is all i wanted to establish. There is no reason to justify it. It's enough you admit it.

I'm happy to let it rest now. People will decide on their own to support or not support it.  

I am interested in the truth not in grinding away this axe forever and ever. There are perhaps worse coins out there so let's not get fixated on just one.

The damage is done and past with dark coin nothing can be changed now.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:51:44 PM

For this thread to be taken seriously, you should definitely NOT be self moderating it.

wrong, it just gets spammed with nonsense otherwise..... the facts are clear, if you have any evidence to support or refute the points in the OP post them. Anything else non factual with no evidence just gets removed.

Simple ....

If you want your own thread with different rules make one.

@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:00:40 PM

2 persons wasted their entire day arguing. It was funny to watch Tongue

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:03:01 PM

cryptohunter, those "facts" that you keep repeating in your posts are not "facts" because there is NO PROOF to support them.

You are just copying what another member said in their post!!!!!!!!!!

They are statements until confirmed with HARD EVIDENCE....you are such a drama queen on these forums...

Go on - delete this too so you can fuel your satisfaction for power tripping and drama. Then you can have the entire thread to yourself as you can see, the majority of the reply's are just you and what you agree with
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:12:11 PM

the information here is important, the fact you find it funny that some people just pulled a huge scam on every windows miner that does not compile their own qt is worrying.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:13:12 PM

cryptohunter, those "facts" that you keep repeating in your posts are not "facts" because there is NO PROOF to support them.

You are just copying what another member said in their post!!!!!!!!!!

They are statements until confirmed with HARD EVIDENCE....you are such a drama queen on these forums...

Go on - delete this too so you can fuel your satisfaction for power tripping and drama. Then you can have the entire thread to yourself as you can see, the majority of the reply's are just you and what you agree with

learn what a block explorer is and how to use it.... then come back with different results for us to examine.

@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:14:16 PM

the information here is important, the fact you find it funny that some people just pulled a huge scam on every windows miner that does not compile their own qt is worrying.
No, I don't find it funny because I "find it funny that some people just pulled a huge scam on every windows miner that does not compile their own qt"

I find it funny because 2 people wasted 1 entire day arguing. Smiley

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:17:18 PM

We NEVER once said we didnt care about Windows! We are not windows developers and asked for help on the windows side, and we did get it and even paid the person to help us get our computer setup to build it.

Im trying to answer your qustions and concerns but you dont seem to want to read what I am saying and putting your own spin on it!

Try not being so negative and you wont get negative responses from everyone.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:17:50 PM

No, I don't find it funny because I "find it funny that some people just pulled a huge scam on every windows miner that does not compile their own qt"

I find it funny because 2 people wasted 1 entire day arguing. Smiley

fair enough Smiley

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:27:41 PM

We NEVER once said we didnt care about Windows! We are not windows developers and asked for help on the windows side, and we did get it and even paid the person to help us get our computer setup to build it.

Im trying to answer your qustions and concerns but you dont seem to want to read what I am saying and putting your own spin on it!

Try not being so negative and you wont get negative responses from everyone.

stop justifying or next time deleted... this does not change these facts that i keep reposting

...you should not have launched until you had a working windows qt if you cared so much.

stop making excuses and justifying things. This thread is not for that. If you wish to make a public apology thread to windows users that's fine go ahead and create one.

This thread is only for providing evidence regarding the points in the OP i can't make it any more simple to understand.

Not for explaining , excusing nor justifying.....

Let it go there is no justification nor excusing. It was a scam. It is done. There is nothing to do about it now.  People need to be more aware on future coins and make sure not to fall for it again.

InternetApe

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:54:37 PM

I have addressed all of your questions. And no matter what I say it is never going to be good enough for you. Dont know how else to answer you concerns. Your a troll and dont care what people say, you cant accept the truth. I am one of the developers and have TRIED working with you. But obviously you dont care anyway. If you dont like darkcoin dont use it! Period.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:55:49 PM

Reported to have Cryptohunter's account deleted from the forums.

I suggest everyone does the same.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:58:05 PM

hehe quick delete cryptohunters account he is daring to highlight our scam LOL

internetape - you have answered NOTHING.

The facts of the scam still stand. You have tried to excuse yourself only - nothing more.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:22:34 AM

bad launch time plus ninja launch is far worse than any instamined coin with ANN

+1

We're in this sea of endless clones with massive premines and ninja launches and this guy chooses to attack one of the very few coins that is trying to innovate.

This. I don't care if it was instamined, it brings something new to the table.

LOL what a strange idea?? i don't care if the dev and his pals can take an extreme cut of the coins ?? are you for real ? Let's me serious on this thread a coin pretending to be fair with no premine taking a huge instamine is not okay. If it is okay for dark to release with instamining super powers then all coins should be allowed.... do you want all coins released without a windows QT and the devs hitting the super instamine button?

Instamines especially those that make sure there is little competition from miners by releasing without a windows qt are possibly WORSE than premines of a similar size.  Yes you can instamine a huge % of the coin in a VERY short period of time with no other competition around. It is worse than premine because not only do you take a huge % of the coins which is the same as a premine, you also take all of the easy coins at the start from miners so it is a double whammy for miners.

I understand that it's not fair to launch without a Windows QT (not that I particularly care about Windows users), but the fact of the matter is, the devs actually made something new. They didn't just copy and paste another shitcoin's source and call it a new coin. Don't you think the time they spent coding should be rewarded? You could say they should have premined, but this fucking community feels like that's so bad. It IS bad, but only when the dev isn't a dev at all. If someone did real work, they should be rewarded for it.

Also, every coin ever has been instamined. Maybe not to this extent, but it still has been.

This is off topic however one time answer to this ....

But your message is this.... Yes you acknowledge it was an instamine scam excluding deliberately all windows user, but  you don't care about windows users?? so it is okay?

Also did you read this and understand the actual magnitude of this instamine??

That coupled with no windows wallet - there can be NO justification..

Yes now on to the innovation. To me yes it seems they have put in some work and continue to do so. Do they deserve some coins.  Yes. However this does not justify the AMOUNT they have and the way that they took them.

Look are we in agreement these are the facts below.... no windows wallet +

If we agree these are the facts fine let's leave it. At least i see no lies coming from you guys... you admit it was an instamine scam. End of story. There is no justification for this kind of thing.

I am happy to let it drop. There is nothing more to gain. It was a scam start, the distribution was DREADFUL  that is the end of it people should decide if they support it or not now they have the facts.

Constanly trying to justify it on here is not going to change the facts.  

I am ready to move on and forget it. It makes no difference to me the damage is done, they have got away with it it seems. The next coin that tries it we will be ready and stop it before it goes too far.

I didn't say that it was okay, the fact that I don't really care about Windows users was an aside, not a justification. I didn't know the block reward was 500 at launch, that's insane.

Yeah nice isn't it 500 drk rolling in every few seconds straight after announce with no windows QT. Most people don't have a clue regarding the size of this instamine scam. Oh well at least the information is there now. Although worrying isn't it that something that huge can be so unknown?

A lot of people don't like this info coming out i can tell you. Never seen such an excitable reaction from people.

You can thank TAOWAY for uncovering this, without him it would have slipped my mind that xcoin was now darkcoin and that xcoin launched with no windows QT and the diff got sadly stuck at super low all day allowing instamine by a very select few people to grab 50% of the minting so far in 24 hours .... yummy imagine that little bag of loot.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:09:00 AM

The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!

I don't know why you're acting like this is breaking news.  I (and probably everyone else) knew something was fishy just by looking at coinmarketap when DRK came out.  Vertcoin came out weeks before Darkcoin did, but the Darkcoin number in circulation dwarfed the coin count of VTC, while VTC cap is 80 million coins, and Darkcoin  cap is 20 something million:

http://coinmarketcap.com/

Right now it's 3.9 mil DRK in circulation vs 3.2 mil VTC.

The only explanation was some kind of flash mine.

The real question is, how do you compare coins like Darkcoin vs Heavycoin?  One has an enormous flash mine, the other has an IPO + premine for similar amount.  Which one is the least worst in terms of distribution? o_O

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
eduffield
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 05:00:32 AM

The way I looked at it a larger block size at the beginning is the incentive for people to get it at the start. If the block reward we low at the beginning its would be harder to get people to start mining. Miners need a reason to stop mining what ever they were currently mining and move to darkcoin.

Am I wrong?

Don't insult the intelligence of people on this board with this rubbish.

We want to attract miners lol.... start by providing a windows QT ...you want minerslol  but you don't want them to be able to mine???  It was a scam plain and simple.

How can anyone argue with this - there is no justification for cutting windows users out from this super instamine period. That windows users were cut off from.... please understand the magnitude of this Instamine it is MASSIVE>

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

Want to fix this once and for all? Vote:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559932.0

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:36:41 PM

The way I looked at it a larger block size at the beginning is the incentive for people to get it at the start. If the block reward we low at the beginning its would be harder to get people to start mining. Miners need a reason to stop mining what ever they were currently mining and move to darkcoin.

Am I wrong?

Don't insult the intelligence of people on this board with this rubbish.

We want to attract miners lol.... start by providing a windows QT ...you want minerslol  but you don't want them to be able to mine???  It was a scam plain and simple.

How can anyone argue with this - there is no justification for cutting windows users out from this super instamine period. That windows users were cut off from.... please understand the magnitude of this Instamine it is MASSIVE>

Want to fix this once and for all? Vote:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559932.0

So you are going to give back the 2million (50% of all drk coins that exist) that devs and a few pals mined in 24 hours or not?

You can't ask the thieves to vote on whether they want to give some of the loot back can you?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: