Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DARKCOIN (NOW KNOWN AS DASH) BIG SCAM?? let's take a closer look  (Read 13881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:41:22 PM

Another self-moderated topic by cryptohunter about DarkCoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:43:40 PM

So you are going to give back the 2million (50% of all drk coins that exist) that devs and a few pals mined in 24 hours or not?

You can't ask the thieves to vote on whether they want to give some of the loot back can you?

I'm hesitant to post again in this thread, because it seems like half of whatever I say gets deleted anyway. But since the drk airdrop thread is now locked and evidently not going to happen, will post here instead.

An airdrop of that size never really made any sense. It'd  kill the price, and I'm not sure how it would rectify the issue exactly. They'd end up with a ton of new people just signing up for free coins, not really solving any issues. In fact it'd probably make things worse.

What they could do, but expect they won't, is offer a small amount of coins for early adopters/miners of the coin, but I have no idea how they could verify this (check by blockchain or mining address)? It'd at least help rectify the issue somewhat, and get around the problem of newcomers just gobbling up coins and then dumping them.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:44:05 PM

another one? seems this is the only one to me. The other one is an x11 thread that is not specifically about drkcoin unless you want to make it one.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:05:44 PM

Hey i'm going to leave that post, even though off topic because that pic really does look just like me.

Flipme has been trying to PM over and over for some reason since you posted it? wonder what he wants?

Apparently being 16 doesn't give you any right to publish the truth around here according to the drk holders.

Come on guys stay on topic ... don't make me mad. Look at that pic would you like to see me get mad?

kaene

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:13:58 AM

another one? seems this is the only one to me. The other one is an x11 thread that is not specifically about drkcoin unless you want to make it one.

So you are going to give back the 2million (50% of all drk coins that exist) that devs and a few pals mined in 24 hours or not?

You can't ask the thieves to vote on whether they want to give some of the loot back can you?

Let's just quote yourself from another thread:

... i'm not interested in your speculations. Provide evidences and keep to the topic.

Where are your proofs?

The coin reward is based on a formula where high difficulty delivers fewer coins, and low difficulty rewards a lot of more coins, originally (1111 / (diff+1 ^ 2)), it is part of the specifications of the coin, if you don't like it, don't mine it, because I can assure you after 3 or 4 months block reward gonna be 5 coins, 5 miserable DRK per block, and people will hate to think that they didn't mine it today.

I will make it easier for you to understand with an example, because it always helps:

I don't want to mine QRK because reward is shit, like 1QRK?, but people got 2048 QRK per block during the first days!!! Not only that, but of the 247M QRK coins, one single address holds more than 10% of the total coins, and top10 addresses (not wallets, so probably someone holds more than one from here) hold 40% of the coin...

Proof: http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-quarkcoin-addresses.html

Now, DRK, http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/ and go to rich list, top1 has 3.65% of the current total coins, and accounts for about 0.65% of the total coins, now go and compare 0.65% vs 10% of QRK.

I want to say that DarkCoin is probably one of the few valuable coins with great future where people are still on time to jump in and with the fairest distribution of the wealth ever (try and compare wealth distribution with BTC, LTC, QRK ... ).
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:57:41 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 02:17:34 PM by cryptohunter

Let's just quote yourself from another thread:

... i'm not interested in your speculations. Provide evidences and keep to the topic.

Where are your proofs?

The coin reward is based on a formula where high difficulty delivers fewer coins, and low difficulty rewards a lot of more coins, originally (1111 / (diff+1 ^ 2)), it is part of the specifications of the coin, if you don't like it, don't mine it, because I can assure you after 3 or 4 months block reward gonna be 5 coins, 5 miserable DRK per block, and people will hate to think that they didn't mine it today.

I will make it easier for you to understand with an example, because it always helps:

I don't want to mine QRK because reward is shit, like 1QRK?, but people got 2048 QRK per block during the first days!!! Not only that, but of the 247M QRK coins, one single address holds more than 10% of the total coins, and top10 addresses (not wallets, so probably someone holds more than one from here) hold 40% of the coin...

Proof: http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-quarkcoin-addresses.html

Now, DRK, http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/ and go to rich list, top1 has 3.65% of the current total coins, and accounts for about 0.65% of the total coins, now go and compare 0.65% vs 10% of QRK.

I want to say that DarkCoin is probably one of the few valuable coins with great future where people are still on time to jump in and with the fairest distribution of the wealth ever (try and compare wealth distribution with BTC, LTC, QRK ... ).

Hey this is the 20th time you have posted more of this rubbish to defend your scam coin and i have deleted it ....but now because keep reposting  i'm going to reply to it so that you can stop bumping this thread to the top every 5 mins.

This topic is to discuss the instamine scam that is drk coin - ok do you get that?  We are examining the points in the OP. If you want to try and bring up other coins to defend drk coin being a premined scam the make your own thread. I mean really how simple can it be.

However let me answer your points here since you will not give up reposting over and over  such is your desperation to justify the instamine scam coin you have become involved with.

Yes people cried over QRKS distribution model because in 6 months is was basically finished with. Was it too quick?? yes may be it was. You can't derail this thread into a qrk thread, qrk has had already 10000 threads dedicated to it's mining period of 6 months and finished approach. Which is kind of strange i now see not even 1 thread about black coins 1 week and finished mining approach. Which really is fair enough, if you are around at launch you can mine if you are not around at launch you miss out. Sure LTC gives a longer mining period this is not a thread about that make your own thread and stop trying to justify a scam by comparing and saying you believe other things are scams.

Let me show you the differences just so you're clear and can not keep spreading more lies. Don't say you could not be bothered to read it, you don't want to read the truth do you

1/ QRK launched with a windows wallet - YES 80% OF PEOPLE WERE NOT SHUT OUT FROM MINING  - yes don't you get it EVERYONE could mine.

So with everyone mining the dev could not STEAL all of the coins... In fact i suspect the dev got very few hence why he just vanished and only posted a few times because he wasn't sitting on a mountain of instamined coins he stole from the windows miners.  With dark coin it looks like only a handful of people could mine the coin (because they shut the windows users out) hence why they grabbed up between them 50% in one day of the minting in existence.

2/ QRKS  difficulty actually adjusted like it should - Yes that's right because a lot of people mined it because they were ALLOWED to mine it since they were given a windows wallet to mine with....and the diff increased rapidly so there was competition on the chain LIKE IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN . I was mining on a few i5's and a block or 2 rolled in through the day. HOWEVER,,, on drk coin the diff adjust somehow went wrong hehe oh no so only a few people were mining and also the diff did not increase so the blocks were flying in all day long to them whilst everyone else was shut out hehe and they accumulated 50% of the current minting.  YUMYUM.  Then they did release a windows wallet but fixed the diff so when windows miners got a chance the diff went up and they soon found it very hard to mine any dark coins ....haha so sad for windows miners.

3/ QRKS  did not take away 75% of their minting- they were laid out for all to see. The block reward structure was not changed. The total minting was not changed. It kept to it's design and did not alter it to TAKE 75% of it's coins away from miners.
DRk coin though had a better plan. HMMMM they thought. So since just the dev and a VERY few people could mine on the first day , had little mining competiton and the diff adjust was broken so those big 500 blocks were rolling in every second or two....we have a lot of coins actually 12.5% of all coins in existence that's quite a lot isn't it.  However would be a lot nicer if it was 50% haha but those suckers won't let us do that will they. I mean if we suggest slashing the minting from 88M to 22M they will know we have done it to make our captive instamine 4x larger ??  We couldn't try that could we and pull of one of the largest scams ever pulled.

WAIT THOUGH WE CAN AND HAVE DONE IT ....HEHEH

but because morons like keane have a few drk crumbs he will try to defend our scam for us along with all the other stupid fools that hold 100drk 200drk whilst 2MILLION drk were mined for nothing in one day by the scammers who fixed it like that.

Now let's talk about the other point you are trying to make.... let's look at the wallets NOW.  Yeah sure you know what if drk devs are as smart as you say and they look pretty smart to be pulling a multi stage super scam like the one i just described to you in plain detail. I am very sure they know how to just make a few extra wallets and spread their coins out HEHE do you think people are stupid enough to pay any attention to current wallet holdings NOW?

Let's get talking about the QRK wallets, a subject that comes up often... Please compare the distibution to PPC LTC whatever of the top coins you will see no dramatic difference. The person you are quoting with 10% of coins...yes there has been much speculation about that wallet however if you notice that person is constantly BUYING the coins from the FREE MARKET at the market rate. I believe it was estimated not long back someone spent 2 Million dollars on those coins. You can not cry about people buying coins for the full market rate. That is called fair. If he wanted to buy 50% of the coins on the market that is up to him. People said it was possibly and exchange buying them or many rumours nobody knows.

Any criticism of qrk can be levelled at any other fast minting coin i support a LOT of coins anything that is not proven to be a scam actually... go make a thread about all accelerated minting coins if you like. Don't keep dragging that old argument up to subvert the purpose of this thread or i will delete it again.

Anyway this is not a thread about QRK - if you want to make another thread about QRK then make one , or go to one of the 10000 quark threads on here and add your already heard 10000times arguments on there.

This is a drkcoin thread you can not keep posting this crap over and over trying to derail this thread. This is not a place to justify scams this is a thread to examine if the scam happened as it seems it did. Not why it was a scam, not if you think there are other scams, not if you agree with this scam because you are part of it, not because they have created an innovative scam.

This is a thread to examine IF THE SCAM TOOK PLACE - yes it looks 100% like it happened just as the block explorer and their thread says it happens .... from the no windows wallet, through the broken diff, through minting being cut down from 88m to 22M

These are the facts, that is all there is to it. If you just shut up and face facts then this can be the end of it. Do not keep trying to bullshit your way out of things. Just admit the scam, get back to promoting the scam, just stop lying about it not being a scam.

The end.

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

StackCoin was a scam.  This MAY be a instamine, but not scam.

Yes we still can't be sure was it instamined of not.

But instant mine without mentioning such possibility at coin description is scam.

newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:51:36 PM

please stop trying to defend 50% instamine...

Just let this coin die like the rest of the shitcoins and try again, except this time without the instamine feature for dev&friends.

Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:03:12 PM

So after starting a thread looking at the merits of x11 over existing algos and not getting even 1 ....yes not even 1 clearly verified advantage the thread seemed to become infested with dark coin destroyers.

They were seemingly so upset that x11 had no reason to really exist, and all the marketing hype was actually based upon NOTHING, that they started turning on the first coin to use this chained algo and bringing up all kinds of facts i had missed. The most upset was user TAOWAY whom felt the urge to highlight the most disturbing parts of this potential scam coin...

The most distrubing of those were these 2 points. - Full credit goes to user TAOWAY for bringing these points to my attention.

1. Dark coin (called some other name back then) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a HUGE amount of blocks being instamined almost.....well INSTANTLY.

2. Dark coin bolstered their instamine by starting WITHOUT A WINDOWS QT ( THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS TO MY ATTENTION)

also pay particular attention to page 5 on the original thread.... for someone that does not premine....had 5k to give away as if it was nothing quite fast as the person does comment on Smiley

was the retarget every block at the start or was it more instamine scam friendly back then?

Let's discuss these points and examine them to find the truth.

We are only interested in the truth regarding these points, anything not related to the truth about them will be deleted. We must not be sidetracked from the search for the truth.

If you have a factual piece of evidence to back up or dismiss these two points feel free to post it. Opinion not accompanied by some kind of evidence will have to be deleted in the interest of keeping this thread on track.

NOTHING will be deleted if it is related to these two points or regarding darkcoins scam/non scam case as long as you have some evidence to back it up.

A persons agenda means nothing. If you are a lover or a hater feel free to post but have some evidence pertaining to drk coin and only darkcoin. The truth only must be posted.

Posting cryptohunter has an agenda to crash dark coin or boost x coin will be deleted..... even if this is true it does not matter because we can only deal in the truth here. If my agenda is to highlight a scam, then that is my agenda. If your agenda is to defend a coin and present it as not a scam that is fine too, just have some evidence to back it up and present your case in a reasonable manner.

So the truth please regarding the darkcoin instamine with evidence??..... anything else gets deleted since the topic will be derailed.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:07:06 PM

So after starting a thread looking at the merits of x11 over existing algos and not getting even 1 ....yes not even 1 clearly verified advantage the thread seemed to become infested with dark coin destroyers.

They were seemingly so upset that x11 had no reason to really exist, and all the marketing hype was actually based upon NOTHING, that they started turning on the first coin to use this chained algo and bringing up all kinds of facts i had missed. The most upset was user TAOWAY whom felt the urge to highlight the most disturbing parts of this potential scam coin...

The most distrubing of those were these 2 points. - Full credit goes to user TAOWAY for bringing these points to my attention.

1. Dark coin (called some other name back then) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a HUGE amount of blocks being instamined almost.....well INSTANTLY.

2. Dark coin bolstered their instamine by starting WITHOUT A WINDOWS QT ( THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS TO MY ATTENTION)

also pay particular attention to page 5 on the original thread.... for someone that does not premine....had 5k to give away as if it was nothing quite fast as the person does comment on Smiley

was the retarget every block at the start or was it more instamine scam friendly back then?

Let's discuss these points and examine them to find the truth.

We are only interested in the truth regarding these points, anything not related to the truth about them will be deleted. We must not be sidetracked from the search for the truth.

If you have a factual piece of evidence to back up or dismiss these two points feel free to post it. Opinion not accompanied by some kind of evidence will have to be deleted in the interest of keeping this thread on track.

NOTHING will be deleted if it is related to these two points or regarding darkcoins scam/non scam case as long as you have some evidence to back it up.

A persons agenda means nothing. If you are a lover or a hater feel free to post but have some evidence pertaining to drk coin and only darkcoin. The truth only must be posted.

Posting cryptohunter has an agenda to crash dark coin or boost x coin will be deleted..... even if this is true it does not matter because we can only deal in the truth here. If my agenda is to highlight a scam, then that is my agenda. If your agenda is to defend a coin and present it as not a scam that is fine too, just have some evidence to back it up and present your case in a reasonable manner.

So the truth please regarding the darkcoin instamine with evidence??..... anything else gets deleted since the topic will be derailed.

Grow up you silly girl.  This does not add anything of worth to our debate. Please get back to the kitchen and continue with the laundry, or perhaps some knitting or something. Do useful things with your life.
thanks.

kaene

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:11:38 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 02:26:31 PM by kaene

I'm really intrigued by this guy, what is his agenda in all this? fascinating

This guy is a professional troll, he does the same with any coin he doesn't hold when they get some value, I remember him from PRT's thread.

the main hype around drk and a couple of other coins is the x11 algo............if this x11 hype is all bullshit lets crush that down right now before it gets out of hand.

However we have to be rock sure it is not superior to the QRK algo in anyways.

He has a special love for QRK and you can guess he is not happy that so many other coins buried QRK.

blah blah blah

I don't want to be disrespectful, but I'm sorry I couldn't read all what you wrote, when someone needs so many words to explain something so simple it just doesn't add up, and I thought this was about DRK, but it looks like all your reply is about QRK, I used it just as an example, did you take it personally?

So, as I see no proofs against my statement, you basically agree that DRK distribution is one of the fairest ever, with the top 1 wallet holding only 0.65% of the total coins, and top 10 wallets holding only 4% of the total coins, thanks for clarifying.

Btw, top 1 address of QRK only has 6 inputs, try to sell someone else that story about someone buying these coins and spending 2 Million dollars, sure, I'd love to see your proofs.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:14:33 PM

^^ hey without quark maybe dark coin wouldn't even exist, have some respect for your big brother alright Cheesy
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:16:16 PM

I'm really intrigued by this guy, what is his agenda in all this? fascinating

This guy is a professional troll, he does the same with any coin he doesn't hold when they get some value, I remember him from PRT's thread.

the main hype around drk and a couple of other coins is the x11 algo............if this x11 hype is all bullshit lets crush that down right now before it gets out of hand.

However we have to be rock sure it is not superior to the QRK algo in anyways.

He has a special love for QRK and you can guess he is not happy that so many other coins buried QRK.

cry cry cry cry .... stop posting irrelevant things moron it does not change THE FACTS about darkcoin instamine scam.

Are you totally moronic bumping this to the top over and over and over again?  Are the drk community not screaming for you to remain quiet yet Smiley

Are you and TAOWAY both determined to burn drk down? I am happy to point out the facts and move on. You however keep pushing the facts to the top of the page over and over..... with your lame ass excuses and justifications.

Please give up you can't fight the truth.

kaene

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

^^ hey without quark maybe dark coin wouldn't even exist, have some respect for your big brother alright Cheesy

I respect QRK, it was great innovation, just a pity to have cryptohunter as part of the QRK community/fans, instead of helping QRK he keeps on trolling other coins.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:29:35 PM

I respect QRK, it was great innovation, just a pity to have cryptohunter as part of the QRK community/fans, instead of helping QRK he keeps on trolling other coins.

Good to hear that mate, 1 love. tbh it seems that every crypto has to go through this case lol
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:35:32 PM

Look i never mentioned QRK once you brought qrk into the discussion. This discussion is examining darkcoins day 1 instamine. Why do you assume people would read a thread on drk and even consider qrk.

You will never find that i a pro QRK any more than i am pro

LTC, DOGE, PPC, CGB, DMD, PHS, DGC, MEC,  ETC ETC ETC  - even the fairest little new coins which have no value in financial terms as yet .. BEE, CREDITS, and 20 more  i support them greatly.

kaene

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:40:51 PM

However this thread is not for me to give my advice on investments . It is an investigation into the points raised in the OP. So please stop derailing it.

If you were serious about it you wouldn't start a self moderated topic, don't fool yourself.
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

How is exposing the instamine "trolling" ?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:54:52 PM

However this thread is not for me to give my advice on investments . It is an investigation into the points raised in the OP. So please stop derailing it.

If you were serious about it you wouldn't start a self moderated topic, don't fool yourself.

It is essential because people like you REFUSE to stick to the OP. You will try to find a way to draw discussion from the OP topic on to something else.

To me it looks like the case is open and closed. I am happy to leave it closed now. If you keep bumping it it will remain open.

Nothing of note was deleted. Any points raised true or not were not related directly to the examination this thread was intended for.

I'm bored of it entirely. However will ensure the facts stay straight until it's closure.

That is right.... anyone not posting FACTS supported by hard evidence to refute the instamine scam is bumping this thread to the detriment of drk coin.

It is fine to highlight a scam for a while. But constant bumping makes even reading about a scam get boring. Let the thread sink. Everyone has read it now.

Only post if you have specific evidence that refutes the instamine. Else you are causing further damage.

The fact the actual dev wanted to redeem this coin with the airdrop is enough for me to believe that he recognised the mistake wanted to redeem the coin. The drk holders would not let him for their own reasons.

If he was willing to make some ammends it is enough for me. It is better than some devs anyway. The drk community are protecting their investment... fair enough.

This i understand... but do not tell me it did not happen, that it was okay for it to happen for whatever reason.

It did happen and it is not okay.

END OF STORY.

ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:51:59 PM

Your devotion to Darkcoin is bordering on pathological.  Neither you nor anyone else need have anything whatsoever to do with this coin.

The entire sequence of events is public information.  You can read the sequence of events during launch as they happened on the boitcointalk thread, and you can read the developers account of events on darkcointalk.

Please give us a point by point account of exactly where the deception or "lies", as you keep typing over and over and over, exist.

A qt would have been preferable.  That there was no qt was public knowledge pre-launch.  Everyone had ample opportunity to ignore DRK and move on to something else.  Why didn't they do so?  Why do they continue to not do so?  Is everyone stupid but you?

Also, exactly how difficult is it to set up a free, ~400MB OS that works on basically any machine - for which, I might add, NO GPU drivers were necessary at the time - in order to mine the coin?

Please provide a block of times and dates which would be most convenient for you, so that future developers may know when to launch, as apparently launch time comprises a "fairness" issue in your mind (LOL).

In the interest of full disclosure, I own and support DRK.  I'm fully aware of all of its launch issues and I couldn't give a shit less.  I suppose that makes me stupid...

Cryptohunter is (literally, no joke) a 16 year old child in obvious, desperate need of a healthy hobby and a girlfriend.

Some people like to learn the hard way, good luck holding and mining this.

Don't cry when you lose it all though, you were warned several times.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: