Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Change of Algorithm to SHA-3 , Keccak , Scrypt-Jane N-Modified , X11 with POS
SHA-3 Keccak
Blake256
Scrypt-Jane N-Modified
X11 with POS
X11 without POS
Blake256 with POS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESURRECTION] Taking Beecoin to the Hive Flying!MANDATORY Client Update!  (Read 24418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:34:21 PM

I raked up a big x11 discussion in the main forum to test out how good it was compared to other algos....since i heard a few bad things..

It seemed then that nobody could give any real reasons why it was better or worse than what we had already. Nobody said for sure it was insecure or more secure, and it was the same efficiency as qrk.

People seem primarily concerned with electricity usage and cool temps.... until there is proof some have super x11 miners compiled then i think there will be no convincing them to try other algos.

I guess it is possible x11  maxes out certain parts of the card before others can be fully used thus taking less electricity to max out the card potential for that algo.

They want the bottom line best profit. Running with x11 seems to double profits of mining to most so they want it.  If there are optimised miners out there then nobody who knows how to compile one is coming forward... which they wouldn't anyway.

Has anyone compared directly blake256 vs x11 on current miners to see the difference in electricity draw and temps?

Without evidence of x11 super miners it seems that is all people care about right now. Electricity and temps.  

A lot of people are pushing keccak and blake now but these seem more tech people and not want the crowd wants.

It's close with blake256 and x11 on the voting. I guess there just needs to be a hard comparison for people to look at.

The one additional thing i see for blake is the nvidia miner that brings a lot more people into the game.

venmo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:02:15 PM

Bringing Nvidia card owners into mining does sound promising to be honest.

Although I have no idea about the tech stuff I do know opening up the mining scene to Nvidia holders would be a big deal.

As our coin is about saving the planet then if it can be proved which one uses the least electricity then we should go with that.

If both are the same and one opens us up to Nvidia then I would go with that.

If it is too late and the changes have already started then I guess we have to stick with it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:04:31 PM

Bringing Nvidia card owners into mining does sound promising to be honest.

Although I have no idea about the tech stuff I do know opening up the mining scene to Nvidia holders would be a big deal.

As our coin is about saving the planet then if it can be proved which one uses the least electricity then we should go with that.

If both are the same and one opens us up to Nvidia then I would go with that.

If it is too late and the changes have already started then I guess we have to stick with it.

Yeah i guess within a short period pow may  become less of an issue than pos anyway which is really efficient. I guess either way does not matter so much soon.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:06:59 PM

I raked up a big x11 discussion in the main forum to test out how good it was compared to other algos....since i heard a few bad things..

It seemed then that nobody could give any real reasons why it was better or worse than what we had already. Nobody said for sure it was insecure or more secure, and it was the same efficiency as qrk.

People seem primarily concerned with electricity usage and cool temps.... until there is proof some have super x11 miners compiled then i think there will be no convincing them to try other algos.

I guess it is possible x11  maxes out certain parts of the card before others can be fully used thus taking less electricity to max out the card potential for that algo.

They want the bottom line best profit. Running with x11 seems to double profits of mining to most so they want it.  If there are optimised miners out there then nobody who knows how to compile one is coming forward... which they wouldn't anyway.

Has anyone compared directly blake256 vs x11 on current miners to see the difference in electricity draw and temps?

Without evidence of x11 super miners it seems that is all people care about right now. Electricity and temps.  

A lot of people are pushing keccak and blake now but these seem more tech people and not want the crowd wants.

It's close with blake256 and x11 on the voting. I guess there just needs to be a hard comparison for people to look at.

The one additional thing i see for blake is the nvidia miner that brings a lot more people into the game.

WE NEED MORE TIME FOR VOTING. PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR ALGORITHMS THAT THEY REALLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. Somebody on this forum needs to lecture members about the superiority of Blake256 over x11.

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.

PLUS, BLAKE256 PLUS POS WAS ADDED WHEN X11 HAD ALREADY ACHIEVED 9 VOTES. IT WAS NOT A FAIR START.

WE NEED TO VOTE AGAIN.

(There are people voting here who never contributed anything to beecoin)

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:16:31 PM

WE NEED MORE TIME FOR VOTING. PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR ALGORITHMS THAT THEY REALLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. Somebody on this forum needs to lecture members about the superiority of Blake256 over x11.

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.

PLUS, BLAKE256 PLUS POS WAS ADDED WHEN X11 HAD ALREADY ACHIEVED 9 VOTES. IT WAS NOT A FAIR START.

WE NEED TO VOTE AGAIN.

(There are people voting here who never contributed anything to beecoin)

what does soopy say ? 

Soon mining sites will take electricity into the calc. We need to make sure beecoin is profitable as possible.

bluejean

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:31:23 PM

I voted for Blake256 + POS after it was added...but X11 + POS was ahead in the voting already. I'm ok with X11 if that's what the community ends up voting for. I really think POS is the more important feature.

Nvidia mining is already on the rise with the new Maxwell series cards. They stomp AMD/ATI for electrical usage (very low wattage per hash rate compared with ATI). Older Nvidia cards may benefit from Blake algo but for the new Nvidia Maxwell based cards it probably doesn't matter much.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/02/20/nvidia-is-about-to-steal-the-cryptocurrency-mining-crown-from-amd/

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/NVIDIA-Coin-Mining-Performance-Increases-Maxwell-and-GTX-750-Ti

http://vr-zone.com/articles/maxwell-will-bring-nvidia-back-cryptomining-game/73556.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=maxwell-will-bring-nvidia-back-cryptomining-game

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/will_nvidia_steal_the_cryptocurrency_mining_crown_from_amd.html

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:42:05 PM

WE NEED TO GET THE BEST ALGORITHM FOR BEECOIN - MORE RESEARCH RESULTS SHOULD BE PROVIDED BY MEMBERS OF THIS THREAD, BEFORE A FINAL DECISION IS MADE.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:45:19 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 05:34:54 PM by GREEDYJOHN

Soon mining sites will take electricity into the calculation. We need to make sure beecoin is as profitable as possible.

cunnyfred9761

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:16:07 PM

Soon mining sites will take electricity into the calculation. We need to make sure beecoin is as profitable as possible.

blake256 is energy efficient, so I voted for blake256 + POS.

Where is the dev?
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:31:57 PM

Blake256 with POS is gaining traction. It is simply the best algorithm out there.
Smiley Cheesy Wink Kiss Smiley

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:33:24 PM

blake256 is energy efficient, so I voted for blake256 + POS.

Where is the dev?

The dev is very busy behind the scenes.

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:09:12 PM

Since X11 has Blake already I believe adding POS will be an option or going ahead with solely Blake + POS , that's to decide.

Currently there's alot of Coins switching to X11 , but then we always don't have to go with the flow.

It's for the community to decide , I'm up for anything.

~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:33:36 PM

WHAT CHARACTERISTICS WOULD ATTRACT YOU TO A COIN, IF YOU WERE AN UNEMPLOYED TEENAGER LOOKING FOR QUICK CASH?

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:36:31 PM

Since X11 has Blake already I believe adding POS will be an option or going ahead with solely Blake + POS , that's to decide.

Currently there's alot of Coins switching to X11 , but then we always don't have to go with the flow.

It's for the community to decide , I'm up for anything.

~SoopY~

People argue that x11 has asic miners, but that blake256 is NVIDIA compliant.

NVidia compliance is a good selling point for blake256.

A hybrid coin may even sell better, if that were possible.

endoffiat

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:11:29 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 09:16:24 AM by endoffiat

hey everyone. i,m new here to cryptocurrencies, i have an asus republic of gamers laptop with a gtx 670m, i can get 122kh/s with these settings cudaminer.exe -d 0 -C 1 -H 1 -i 0 -l F28x8. the asus laptop has excellent cooling with the air coming in at the back left, and exit on the back right, kind of like a big horseshoe, my temp according to msi afterburner is 86-89. o/c @ 810mhz mem clock 1600. anyway maybe these settings could help somebody else? Now on a sad note i am very worried about my beecoins at updamoon. my coins have been unconfirmed for 2-3 days now. i had to stop mining there because they may never get paid to me. i have emailed twice, but am getting no help. please tell me i have not lost my coins to this pool owner.  

*edit all issues resolved at updamoon, yey i now have 10,000,000 bees mined on a laptop 

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:53:13 AM

hey everyone. i,m new here to cryptocurrencies, i have an asus republic of gamers laptop with a gtx 670m, i can get 122kh/s with these settings cudaminer.exe -d 0 -C 1 -H 1 -i 0 -l F28x8. the asus laptop has excellent cooling with the air coming in at the back left, and exit on the back right, kind of like a big horseshoe, my temp according to msi afterburner is 86-89. o/c @ 810mhz mem clock 1600. anyway maybe these settings could help somebody else? Now on a sad note i am very worried about my beecoins at updamoon. my coins have been unconfirmed for 2-3 days now. i had to stop mining there because they may never get paid to me. i have emailed twice, but am getting no help. please tell me i have not lost my coins to this pool owner.  

Yes people have had some issues with them before... let us know how it goes. I see a message about updamoon in the main alt section too.  Someone said they were just updating their wallets.. not sure myself what is happening.

Regarding the algo swap, let's give it a couple more days max then just go ahead.

Can someone run an electricity consumption comparison between both blake256 and x11....

I guess that matters a lot to some.

Either way let's just push ahead and get on to a new wallet soon so we can start with marketing and such. Time to push beecoin forward as soon as possible.

hacintosh

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:01:28 AM

I prefer blake256 + POS! Grin

And there is still one thing we should decide: reinvent the random reward or just cancel it!
Since the current random reward algorithm is not so random after all, the multipools are doing some selected-mining for the high value blocks, with their high mining power, these multipools are getting more profitable than average. The dogecoin had cancelled the random reward already, I think we should take this into consideration.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:09:07 AM

I prefer blake256 + POS! Grin

And there is still one thing we should decide: reinvent the random reward or just cancel it!
Since the current random reward algorithm is not so random after all, the multipools are doing some selected-mining for the high value blocks, with their high mining power, these multipools are getting more profitable than average. The dogecoin had cancelled the random reward already, I think we should take this into consideration.

yes, let's get rid of it for sure if people can exploit it to get an unfair share of coins.

Mark77

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:39:38 AM

This is my gift for a community!
I love bees!
 Cheesy

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary