Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM Darkcoin instamine 2 millions DRKs (50% of darkcoin in circulation)  (Read 82581 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:29:43 AM

If you couldn't install linux to mine it, you could've bought it. There were lots of people selling coins cheap

This is actually not true, all due to one mysterious variable in the equation.  All google searches of "Darkcoin", lead you to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT coin with a total coin count of something like 100,000,000,000,000,000 units and an abandoned thread as the top search results, mostly since that coin came before this one.

The only way you could really mine the coin at all was if you somehow already knew there were two different Darkcoins and had a reason to be looking for the second one (this one).  The next requirement would probably be having an account for renting tons of Amazon instances, since that's what the dev and his close henchmen did, or you're obviously not going to compete with their WU.

So to recap, to mine this coin at all, you needed:

1) special intelligence that multiple darkcoins existed and you're looking for the one that's buried under all the info from the first coin that came before it
2) a credit card
3) Amazon account
4) knowledge of how to remotely set up miners for cloud farming
5) knowledge that a coin with blocks "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50 isn't going to cause the chain or coin to be aborted since it was technically a failed launch

Anyone who has been near this coin around the beginning knows all these facts.  Will that have any effect on the coin in the long run?  Who knows.  For all intents and purposes, it was a rather unfeasible coin for anyone to be able to mine no matter what your technical level of skill is.

Remember GPUcoin?  They had about 5 failed launches and just randomly set block rewards to some ridiculous level.  That's basically what Darkcoin was except they just kept the chain instead of aborting it.  You couldn't mine it due to all these variables, and you couldn't buy it for cheap since looking for the coin would send you to a completely different coin in all top search results.

Whether your opinion of the coin is that it was a planned instamine or scam, or an actual, normal launch, it has one of the worst launch distributions of any coin.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:01:47 AM

Much has been said and discussed about the so-called 'instamine'. And the developer has answered it multiple times, so I wouldn't repeat it.

TLDR:
The 'instamine' was due to a bug and was unintended. ('Gravity Well' had not been implemented at that point)
The developer tried to rectify the situation by proposing an 'airdrop' which was turned down via community members through a poll

In a nutshell, the developer is as unhappy as any of us about the 2M DRK he holds; if only there was a truly fair way of distributing those coins.
So rather than bitching about the problem that everyone acknowledges, try bringing a viable solution to the table. Or GTFO.

I'll try my bit:
Rather than an airdrop, a trusted method would be to merge those coins with next block rewards for a few weeks. This will distribute them to current miners in a truly fair manner and will give everyone a fair chance to mine/own them.

I don't know if current technology allows something like this, but its something to think of.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:25:36 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 08:42:40 AM by r0ach

In a nutshell, the developer is as unhappy as any of us about the 2M DRK he holds; if only there was a truly fair way of distributing those coins.

I will try to have the courage to go against the establishment consensus concering the 12,000 btc worth of Darkcoin, hell, I'll even run a supernode, airdrop away!

XssTuPqAnbyr5gXARrNMMAo33eh99vi8Yv

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

I do not believe this..

You better start believing it.
IloveAnonCoin (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:45:17 AM

I do not believe this..

You better start believing it.

+1
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:12:09 AM

If you couldn't install linux to mine it, you could've bought it. There were lots of people selling coins cheap

This is actually not true, all due to one mysterious variable in the equation.  All google searches of "Darkcoin", lead you to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT coin with a total coin count of something like 100,000,000,000,000,000 units and an abandoned thread as the top search results, mostly since that coin came before this one.

The name of the Darkcoin this thread is about was actually XCoin at that time. Only later the name changed to Darkcoin. So there was never any confusion. Or do you invest in coins just based on the name?

The only way you could really mine the coin at all was if you somehow already knew there were two different Darkcoins and had a reason to be looking for the second one (this one).  The next requirement would probably be having an account for renting tons of Amazon instances, since that's what the dev and his close henchmen did, or you're obviously not going to compete with their WU.

I didn't even know there was a Darkcoin when XCoin (= The Darkcoin now) was released and I mined it just fine with my single i7 4770k CPU. And I bet lots of people used cloud mining because a lot of people already mine(d) other cpu coins like that, for example quark.
illodin

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:15:57 AM

So rather than bitching about the problem that everyone acknowledges, try bringing a viable solution to the table. Or GTFO.

No one holds 2M, not even the dev. Where did you get that idea?

I'll try my bit:
Rather than an airdrop, a trusted method would be to merge those coins with next block rewards for a few weeks. This will distribute them to current miners in a truly fair manner and will give everyone a fair chance to mine/own them.

I don't know if current technology allows something like this, but its something to think of.

Just disregarding the fact that there is no "those coins" for a minute.. You are saying that people who didn't want to risk investing in Darkcoin before it was guaranteed to be a success, should now be guaranteed the profits without any risk?
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:33:06 AM

The dev quoted this figure in the Airdrop thread.

I'll try my bit:

Just disregarding the fact that there is no "those coins" for a minute.. You are saying that people who didn't want to risk investing in Darkcoin before it was guaranteed to be a success, should now be guaranteed the profits without any risk?

No.

I'm trying to suggest a better distribution of the coins that were mined at greater than expected pace due to a bug, which was not desirable
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:44:29 AM

Why am I not surprised that OP is called 'IloveAnonCoin'. Stop bashing other coins that actually have innovation in them. I'm yet to see a fully anonymous coin.
Stop being butthurt that you didn't buy in, in time.

facts != bashing .
So the fact that is it a truly first anonymous coin is worth nothing?
Please.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
illodin

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:46:50 AM

He didn't say anyone has 2M. The 2M was just a random number that he suggested could be generated somewhere in the future. Not a number he had.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:00:34 PM

I would be rather surprised if this was a scam from the little I know about this coin.  Seems like there would be more people calling foul and with more concrete facts.  The price also seems to tell a different story IMO.

You can look deep in my post history and see where I've been in and out of dark from the beginning, way before the c-cex scandal.  EVERYONE who has been around it long knows it has the worst initial distribution of just about any coin.  If he wasn't working on anonymous features, it would be worth less than 0.

Duffield and 1-2 of his close henchmen rented Amazon instances or some other kind of cloud computing and mined the hell out of it with a linux only release, no windows distribution, while block rewards were "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50.

Then they dropped the coin count from 80 mil to 20 mil to make their crazy high amount of coins even more valuable.  The only thing remotely rivaling Darkcoin in terms of bad launch distribution is NXT.

Now you can only hope that your dick shaking doesn't stain your own pants with your piss. Keep on keeping on though, at least 3-4 people care about your faggotry and can always join your pissing contest.

You know you faggots cannot do it to Monero etc because old school guys running that show will fuck you and your faggot friends over.

Don't you have any new IPOs to launch?

^^ hehe^^ this fool displays the type of mentality of drk holders.

the FACTS are FACTS - your meaningless personal comments filled with full retard rantings can't change the facts ...

50% of all minted coins right now were taken by a handful of instaminers that took all of the coins since there was no windows wallet at launch and no pools.

I don't actually the consider the dev himself to be part of this scam any longer. I think he has done some hard work and deserves for this coin to have a reasonable price. He even offered to make things better.

However reducing the minting by 75% after such a huge instamine was madness and now drk is always going to be held back by the instamine and then the instamine % getting x4 by reducing minting.

Deal with the facts and stfu. Everytime drk tries to spam the main thread it deserves to be reminded of it's scammy start.

How many coins now will get away without launching with windows wallet and pools? then reducing their minting by 75%?

The ONLY people trying to justify it are drk holders.

illodin

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:14:42 PM

Question, why didn't you buy for example 40,000 coins for 1 BTC or so back in the day? Anyone could've done that. Is it that you want no risk but maximum reward?
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:15:29 PM

why did the devs reduce the number of coins again? I don't hold any DRK and most likely never will. This coin is tainted by a huge instamine.

besides Monero looks to be the better coin in this field anyways.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:23:14 PM

He didn't say anyone has 2M. The 2M was just a random number that he suggested could be generated somewhere in the future. Not a number he had.

This doesn't mean that it will or should happen. This is not something to worry about.

Question, why didn't you buy for example 40,000 coins for 1 BTC or so back in the day? Anyone could've done that. Is it that you want no risk but maximum reward?
Some people did. Don't listen to cryptohunter he is just mad.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:23:44 PM

My bad about the number then. How many coins are in circulation right now?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:35:46 PM

Everyone should be give a fair chance to mine that is what pow distrubtion is about, i was post5 on the drk thread i told them then launching without a windows wallet was a terrible move. The reason they still did it was simply to gain more coins for themselves. Market distribution is fine, but if he just wanted to sell drk and distribute it that way then be honest and premine and sell it. Don't say oh look no premine but we'll 50% instamine it instead.

I now believe the dev regrets this move and HE would like to make up for that. It is now impossible since too many people are invested and don't want the investment diluted. I understand but still drk needs to be forever reminded of the shady start and cutting the minting else other coins will think they can pull that kind of stunt too.

People should call out all scams not just the drk coin scam. I see a lot of work done there so it stands out in that respect, however there are whales that have spread their loot over many wallets to make the distribution look better. If one of them decides to cash out it will crush the price. You also need to realise it is not unlikely that drk will get cloned pretty soon. ED is a good coder perhaps, but there are some coders out there that could replicate drk with ease. Imagine drk coin 2 with a fair pow distribution from the start, that is what is needed.

shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:36:39 PM

Why are people slandering Darkcoin and trying to push Anoncoin and Monero?

Monero probably has little actual skill on their side development wise, even the name and author appeared to be like South American or something.  Probably from Brazil.  He said he was from Ukraine but I don't believe him.

Anoncoin can't be taken seriously because their developers suck so bad.  I'm betting anoncoin has only changed a few comments toward implementing Zerocoin--and they're mostly just using the news that they're implementing it to pump it one last time before they let it die.

Because of Anoncoin's history and Monero's present, I don't think either of them are a good alternative or a good crypto at all.

Basically the crappy scamcoins are mad at Darkcoin for being better than them, is what I can figure out.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:39:48 PM

Why are people slandering Darkcoin and trying to push Anoncoin and Monero?

Monero probably has little actual skill on their side development wise, even the name and author appeared to be like South American or something.  Probably from Brazil.  He said he was from Ukraine but I don't believe him.

Anoncoin can't be taken seriously because their developers suck so bad.  I'm betting anoncoin has only changed a few comments toward implementing Zerocoin--and they're mostly just using the news that they're implementing it to pump it one last time before they let it die.

Because of Anoncoin's history and Monero's present, I don't think either of them are a good alternative or a good crypto at all.

Basically the crappy scamcoins are mad at Darkcoin for being better than them, is what I can figure out.

You figured out all wrong then. Slander is quite different from highlighting FACTS. All the anon coins to me are nothing but bad news. However the points people are making about drk specifically are not relating to the coin tech. They are about the POW distribution being the largest instamine scam on this board that has happened to date.

Also people from Brazil or South America have little skill ? It would be better if the dev was from Ukraine? I'm not sure i follow that? what do you mean?

shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:56:40 PM

You figured out all wrong then. Slander is quite different from highlighting FACTS. All the anon coins to me are nothing but bad news. However the points people are making about drk specifically are not relating to the coin tech. They are about the POW distribution being the largest instamine scam on this board that has happened to date.

Also people from Brazil or South America have little skill ? It would be better if the dev was from Ukraine? I'm not sure i follow that? what do you mean?

Yes like if you try to find an Indian coder there will be a hundred applicants who want to use Borland Turbo C++ 3.0 to complete the project.
It's hilarious when the dev tools they use produce a 16-bit file and they can't figure out why it won't run on modern Windows.

If I wasn't sure the entry point on the Bitmonero project was cloned from Bytecoin, I would look to see if it uses "void main" and other hilariously deprecated coding standards.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:30:28 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 02:08:57 AM by r0ach

All the anon coins to me are nothing but bad news.

People keep claiming "anon coins" will only be used for drugs and murder for hire, this is completely false.  The number one, or at least most notable thing anon coins would contribute to is the collapse of the state for obvious reasons.

WHO WILL BUILD THE ROADS OMG

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: