Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:42:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool  (Read 794124 times)
brucen

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:44:11 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 12:40:44 AM by brucen

We have published new sgminer_v5 binaries (linux, windows), build today (60 sec quit fix, high speed fan fix, etc.): https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sgminer

With the win32 compiled version I'm getting the same bin compilation error on all algorithms.

Code:
[14:34:57] Started sgminer 4.2.1
[14:34:57] Loaded configuration file Multi-Algo.conf
[14:34:57] Probing for an alive pool
[14:34:58] NiceHash_Scrypt_multi difficulty changed to 128
[14:34:59] Startup GPU initialization... Using settings from pool NiceHash_Scrypt_multi.
[14:34:59] Building binary ckolivasHawaiigw256l4lg2tc30592nf10.bin
[14:35:08] Initialising kernel ckolivas.cl with bitalign, unpatched BFI, nfactor 10, n 1024
[14:35:08] Initialising kernel ckolivas.cl with bitalign, unpatched BFI, nfactor 10, n 1024
[14:35:08] Building binary ckolivasCedargw256l4lg2tc1920nf10.bin
[14:35:08] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[14:35:08] "C:\Users\Azza\AppData\Local\Temp\OCLEFFB.tmp.cl", line 792: warning: variable
          "ySIZE" was declared but never referenced
   const uint ySIZE = (N[NFACTOR]/LOOKUP_GAP+(N[NFACTOR]%LOOKUP_GAP>0));
             ^

"C:\Users\Azza\AppData\Local\Temp\OCLEFFB.tmp.cl", line 844: error: work group
          size exceeds the maximum default value for the selected device
  __attribute__((reqd_work_group_size(WORKSIZE, 1, 1)))
                 ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\Azza\AppData\Local\Temp\OCLEFFB.tmp.cl".

Frontend phase failed compilation.

Edit: Did the NiceHash developers use the latest version that fixes the Error -11 Building Program bug that was reported on the github site?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:57:44 PM

I would like to second the vote on setting up some sort of payment threshold.  Some of us are pretty small time players and it would be nice to have the option of selecting when I wish to cash out.

*BTW, did anybody else notice a hiccup in the sha256 pool this afternoon or is just me?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
nicehashdev

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:10:29 PM

Information for buyers: Due to increased transaction dust, produced from mining directly into NiceHash deposit address, we can not allow this anymore. Many small incoming transactions are increasing online wallet load and also increasing outgoing transaction fees. We ask you to mine into your personal wallet and then transfer funds in your NiceHash online deposit address - it will be faster (we only require 2 confirmations) and cheaper in the end of the day. Unfortunately we will have to disable mining directly into NiceHash deposit address at the beginning of the next week. Many online exchanges and similar services have implemented this kind of restrictions in the past. Thanks for understanding and thanks for using NiceHash!

Another feature worth considering, payment threshold.  Possibly as another password parameter such as "t=0.02" to transfer when balance reaches 0.02 BTC.  If multiple values come in then take the lowest value recorded since the last payment.

This could cause troubles, because someone else could use your BTC address and set ridiculous values for payment threshold. The only way to give this option to providers is to force them to register and that is not what we have in plans to do ever.
ircactus

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:00:41 AM

DoS again? or just down for maint?
StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:52:21 AM

Information for buyers: Due to increased transaction dust, produced from mining directly into NiceHash deposit address, we can not allow this anymore. Many small incoming transactions are increasing online wallet load and also increasing outgoing transaction fees. We ask you to mine into your personal wallet and then transfer funds in your NiceHash online deposit address - it will be faster (we only require 2 confirmations) and cheaper in the end of the day. Unfortunately we will have to disable mining directly into NiceHash deposit address at the beginning of the next week. Many online exchanges and similar services have implemented this kind of restrictions in the past. Thanks for understanding and thanks for using NiceHash!

Another feature worth considering, payment threshold.  Possibly as another password parameter such as "t=0.02" to transfer when balance reaches 0.02 BTC.  If multiple values come in then take the lowest value recorded since the last payment.

This could cause troubles, because someone else could use your BTC address and set ridiculous values for payment threshold. The only way to give this option to providers is to force them to register and that is not what we have in plans to do ever.

Are you saying ridiculous in terms of how high or how low the threshold could be set to?  High is not an issue as you would use the lowest value received.  Low would still be constrained by the existing threshold you have set for per cycle and per day payouts.  The worst a bad agent could do is cause the payment to go out before someone wanted it.  That would put the provider back to the same payout schedule they have now which I don't see as a major threat.

Regarding accounts, there is an alternative method for controlling settings in a confirmed way.  Look at how the simplevert.com pool works.  Stored settings such as payout addresses for merged mined coins is controlled using signed messages from the BTC address used.  This way only the person who controls that address can change settings yet there is still not a need for collecting user information.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
elkrisi

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:57:21 PM

Forgive me if I repeat some things here, but I am new to NiceHash concept and I try to figure out exactly what are the benefits of this service.

I've been reading all FAQs but still one crucial thing remains vague: how much am I going to profit from investing X amount of BTC as buyer?

So let me add some clarifications here to "How can I buy hash power" plus "How much to expect" FAQ and ask from the community to correct where I'm wrong.

Comparison with CEX concept:

In CEX I am buying an asset (GHs) at price A which I hold for 1 day. At the end of the day I have income from mining B and I can sell the asset at a price C. My profit (income) or loss from that day is B+C-A.
My risk here is that at the end of the day I may sell at price C lower than A, with the difference C-A being bigger than the mining income B, producing a net loss.

Comparison with Mining Contracts concept:

When buying a mining contract I pay for a specific hash power valued A BTC for a LONG period (usually 1 year).
At the end of the year I can be 100% certain that I have lost A BTC. The seller is paying me C bitcoins on a regular basis. Unfortunately, due to the highly volatile crypto conditions, I run the risk that C payments X 1 year may not be enough to cover my initial investment A.

How can I compute the profit and risk from buying hash power at NiceHash?

At NiceHash I'm renting hash power A for a time period B (let's say 1 day) from a hash power owner (Seller).
NiceHash acts as an intermediary between me (Buyer) and Seller, charging a 2% commission on each leg of the transaction.
QUESTION 1: I do NOT own the hash power, this remains the asset of the Seller to whom it automatically returns at the end
of time period B. Correct?

I am responsible to direct this hash power A to a pool of my chosing, lets name it POOL. POOL must obey certain technical specs (operate with my chosen algo (Scrypt, X11 etc) and be compatible with NiceHash stratum tech.

I declare a BTC wallet to NiceHash (separate from my deposit wallet) and NiceHash pays into that in bitcoins the value produced by the POOL. Let's call this value C.
QUESTION 2: POOL may be a Litecoin, Dark coin, Noble coin, any coin pool. NiceHash is performing the POOLCOIN -> BTC exchange automatically? If so, isn't the actual coin selection (and not the algorithm) crucial to profitability?
I mean, if I use the hash power to mine Litecoin will I get the same results as when mining Noble coin?

If all the above is correct, at the end of the day B I have lost the rent of hash power A and I have gained the value produced by my pool, C.

So with NiceHash my profit (loss) is C-A within a period B.
The NICE thing with NiceHash is that period B can be short enough (hours - days) to allow me to calculate risks with a much more tight error margin than estimating returns of 1 year contracts.

Example:
From NiceHash home page I read Statistics / Orders for Scrypt.
I'm not sure if I read the info there correctly.

In the "Statistics" table, I read that Scrypt is currently paying 1.3463 BTC/GH/DAY
In the "Orders" table, I read that order #26042 is paying 1.56 BTC/GH/DAY.
QUESTION: Does this mean that buyer #26042 is paying 1.56 BTC rent to get 1.34 BTC - a guaranteed LOSS of 0.22 BTC?

The buyer in this case is just betting that his choice of POOL/COIN is so much in the rise this specific time period that it will bring him much more than the 0.22 BTC plus commission?
The Seller, on the other hand, is getting paid upfront a price for his hash power no matter what the market conditions will be.

Finally, I fail to understand the meaning of "Remaining BTC" column.Remaining BTC of what? ETA hours is what?

I apologize for the lengthy post but this is the only way to clear out what I believe is the important staff here: how much is at risk and what can one expect from NiceHash as a buyer.
nicehashdev

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:37:07 PM

QUESTION 1: I do NOT own the hash power, this remains the asset of the Seller to whom it automatically returns at the end
of time period B. Correct?

Yes.

I declare a BTC wallet to NiceHash (separate from my deposit wallet) and NiceHash pays into that in bitcoins the value produced by the POOL. Let's call this value C.
QUESTION 2: POOL may be a Litecoin, Dark coin, Noble coin, any coin pool. NiceHash is performing the POOLCOIN -> BTC exchange automatically? If so, isn't the actual coin selection (and not the algorithm) crucial to profitability?
I mean, if I use the hash power to mine Litecoin will I get the same results as when mining Noble coin?

The only thing you can buy on NiceHash is hashpower. You manage your coins on target pool on your own. You decide when and where to exchange them. We don't exchange any coins.

In the "Statistics" table, I read that Scrypt is currently paying 1.3463 BTC/GH/DAY
In the "Orders" table, I read that order #26042 is paying 1.56 BTC/GH/DAY.
QUESTION: Does this mean that buyer #26042 is paying 1.56 BTC rent to get 1.34 BTC - a guaranteed LOSS of 0.22 BTC?

Currently paying value is mainly for providers to consider (whether to put their rigs on NiceHash or no, according to current profit).

Buyers should always check active orders, because "Currently paying" value does not give you much information about how much you should pay for the hashpower - "Currently paying" is only weighted average price. This means that you may get hashing power for price lower than that (usually if you don't need high speed) and if you want to buy all speed available, you will have to bid higher than "Currently paying". Keep in mind that orders are coming and going, that every customer can increase price of order, change speed limit of order and even cancel order at any time. Even one such action can shift price considerably in either direction. Basically, you are competing with other buyers where the goal is to get hashing speed for as low possible price as possible, but at the same time not staying without any hashing power.

When deciding whether to rent hash power, all you have to do is calculate BTC/GH/Day (price Y) for mining certain coin with X hashpower. Then you buy X amount of hashpower for price <Y to make profit.

The great benefit of NiceHash is that you are not limited to contract like with other rental services. If the coins profitability drop, you simply cancel the order and get remaining BTC back. Other rental services may render you negative profit, because you can't terminate renting contract. NiceHash is the rental service with minimum risk.

Finally, I fail to understand the meaning of "Remaining BTC" column.Remaining BTC of what? ETA hours is what?

Remaining BTC is the amount of BTC still in order and that amount is given back to you in case you cancel the order. ETA is estimated time of completion of order (in hours) if the speed of your order remains unchanged until the end.
elkrisi

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:51:23 PM

Thank you, nicehashdev, for the quick response.

It is now clear what I have already pointed out: the NICE thing here is that we can buy hash power without getting locked into a long term contract in such a volatile market.
On top of that, we decide which coin to mine and handle the coins so mined independently of NiceHash.

To further clarify the "Remaining BTC" concept, I understand that when I place an order for, lets say 24 hours for 1 BTC, at 12 hours into the order I have consumed 0.5 BTC and I have 0.5 BTC not yet consumed so remaining (if I so decide) to cancel the order. So, the cost is not paid upfront but it is gradually consumed by the hour.

All in all, I believe this is a VERY competitive proposal when compared with long term contracts and it suits perfectly the highly dynamic nature of cryptos.
djbert

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:41:48 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 11:30:36 AM by djbert

@djbert Have you tried my stratum/getwork proxy ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611338.0

OK, i have some great news for those of us still using the older getwork type sha256 miners! but a brief explanation first, sorry. I have documented my miner issues in my earlier rantings in this thread about being kicked off nicehash ever since they implemented their DDoS protection measures, necessary of course, but it screwed my sha256 miner over big time. I thought it was nicehash's fault for awhile, but come to find out my miner had issues i wasn't really aware before that keep getting me banned. So I was willing to try anything to get my miner working, and so i followed the suggestion from Pfool about checking out his java proxy, and i am sure glad I did. Pfool obviously did all the work, but Pfool took my numerous debug logs and other network traffic to pinpoint my issues, which after only 5 days, Pfool identified and fixed it! Actually, as i am writing this, my miner is chugging along just fine, and it is great seeing an almost vertical line change show up in my sha256 payout chart on nicehash now. Grin so here is what you need to do for your old getwork miners to get them working with nicehash again...

1. download the latest beta of the java proxy. it can be found here    https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases    you have to have java loaded on your computer for it to run. the instructions to get it all running is on the main page of that site.

2. I have a ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, which only uses getwork, hence the need for a stratum proxy. use the following command line with the java proxy to get it up and running. please note you need midstate enabled (default state with this proxy) for this particular miner.

java -jar stratum-proxy.jar --getwork-listen-port xxxx -h stratum.nicehash.com:3334 -u YOUR BTC Address -p xxxx -n NiceHash --set-extranonce-subscribe true --validate-sha256-getowrk-shares

changes the xxxx's to what you have going on for those options.

Some final notes...

my particular issue with getting banned by nicehash, was that my Cube was submitting shares that were either above or below the target difficulty, and while they were being reported as accepted by the proxy, they were getting rejected by nicehash. this basically looked like the reject share attacked they were DDoS with before, hence the instant ban. Now Pfool has implemented the "--validate-sha256-getowrk-shares" opion to have the proxy validate the shares before leaving to nicehash, and not submitting the ones that don't make the necessary targets.  while this has resulted in drastic drop in the acceptance rate reported the Cube (not nicehash, i have nice blue lines  Smiley ), at least it is not getting banned, and i am able to contribute some decent hash power again. i do want to stress that the latest version is basically a beta version, so i am sure Pfool will address this particular issue when he can, however it may be something that is inherent to getwork to statrum proxies that can't be fixed. i invite Pfool to chime in on anything presented here, especially if i am off base on something. i don't have a shred of programming skills, and my understanding of what is actually happening may be off. either way, my hat is off to Pfool on getting this far with my issue and i look forward to what he has in store for his java proxy.  Cool
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:18:48 AM

Date UTC   TXID   Address   Amount BTC   Confirmations
2014-06-27 03:00:34   Comment: Fee order #26868   -0.00409800   
2014-06-27 03:00:34   Comment: Payment order #26868   -0.19590200   

after i creat this oder, i pay 0.2 btc to nicehash,

BUT this order just disappeard strangely 5 seconds later.

and did not return my 0.2BTC to my account.

and i can not find this order on my  List of my past orders

NO order #26868

Order   Action   Price BTC/GH/Day   Total BTC   Unspent BTC   Completed   Accepted GH   Rejected GH   Limited GH/s
Cancelled on request
0.48   0.19590200   0.19590200   0.00%   0.00   0.00   2.00
Pool URL
stratum+tcp://stratum.pool.mn:7805
Username
keepwalking1234.tudou20
Password
Completed
0.50   0.19590200   0.00000000   100.00%   33851.94   170.89   2.00
Pool URL
Username
keepwalking1234.tudou20
Password
Completed
0.90   0.39190200   0.00000000   100.00%   37622.74   639.28   5.00
Pool URL
Username
keepwalking1234.tudou20
Password

can you deal with this? thanks
aznboy84

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:04:22 AM

Does nicehash has some limit like number of connections per ip or connection attempts per 15/30/60 minutes ? my 14 rigs having hard time connecting to nicehash, any port
was using cgremote, most of the time it restart sgminer then can't connect to nicehash

kenshirothefist (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:22:30 AM

Hi, your order #26868 has been listed under Scrypt orders. Obviously you've just canceled it and your funds have been returned into your NiceHash wallet.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:22:41 AM

and i can not find this order on my  List of my past orders

NO order #26868

Order   Action   Price BTC/GH/Day   Total BTC   Unspent BTC   Completed   Accepted GH   Rejected GH   Limited GH/s
Cancelled on request
0.48   0.19590200   0.19590200   0.00%   0.00   0.00   2.00
Pool URL
Username
keepwalking1234.tudou20
Password
Completed
0.50   0.19590200   0.00000000   100.00%   33851.94   170.89   2.00
Pool URL
Username
keepwalking1234.tudou20
Password
Completed
0.90   0.39190200   0.00000000   100.00%   37622.74   639.28   5.00
Pool URL
Username
keepwalking1234.tudou20
Password

can you deal with this? thanks

i make some mistake, everything is ok now!

thanks!!!
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:23:04 AM

Hi, your order #26868 has been listed under Scrypt orders. Obviously you've just canceled it and your funds have been returned into your NiceHash wallet.

i made some mistake and i see that now. thanks!!!! Smiley
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:05:12 PM

Oh man there is someone seriously manipulating the price of the rentals. Throwing in fake 0.6 BTC orders with large hash all down the bottom of the order book then cancelling when the prices move up.

Dont like it.
rsx19

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:56:06 PM

im not sure if this was asked but could we get a feature where it shows average hashrate over like a 6 hour period or like a toggle. i see these graphs my s1 reports 140 hashrate(undervolt) whole poolside it looks like 120

BlackCoin For poor Shibe - BMobXjx9TN96a1qmZA9pSSzJur6UH9PWgU
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 02:32:03 AM

im not sure if this was asked but could we get a feature where it shows average hashrate over like a 6 hour period or like a toggle. i see these graphs my s1 reports 140 hashrate(undervolt) whole poolside it looks like 120

Look at "Round accepted speed". Also "Round started" shows when the round started, so wait until a few hours have passed. I know this is not exactly what you're looking for but close.
rsx19

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:20:11 PM

Look at "Round accepted speed". Also "Round started" shows when the round started, so wait until a few hours have passed. I know this is not exactly what you're looking for but close.

how do you calculate it?

BlackCoin For poor Shibe - BMobXjx9TN96a1qmZA9pSSzJur6UH9PWgU
MysteryX

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:23:45 PM

Are the connection problems ever going to get fixed? Like right now only half of my farm is connecting. And a lot of the time i'm sitting on failover pools  Huh

Also, are you going to implement x15?
chococat211

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:32:51 AM

Hi Nicehash dev, is there white list so I can avoid you ban me, I'm using slow internet but my rig so big (~600MB) that give me too many reject (~3% to 7%)

My wallet add is: 17BEAnCpVk88wg8Eszmbw8periW1ZXv9BG (in case u can add me in your white list).

Thank you.

Why all the sudden did 70% of my miners fail over to my backup pool???  Is NiceHash having issues or what?Huh  it was working fine until 10 min ago?Huh??

No I and not using the P option..

I am also getting disconnects  Sad

Are the connection problems ever going to get fixed? Like right now only half of my farm is connecting. And a lot of the time i'm sitting on failover pools  Huh

Also, are you going to implement x15?

Nicehash dev, can you please look at our provider disconnect problem and fix it or all you care is buyer only?Huh I didn't see you reply any of us about this disconnect problem, its really annoying when rig doesn't connect to NH and I have to reset modem to get new IP for NH accept me reconnect.

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: