Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:05:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new coin based on CryptoNote technology - LAUNCHED  (Read 68738 times)
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:52:16 PM

Bitmonero is different than Monero?

Are you going to make change to blockchain?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:01:52 PM

Hi There!

I'm eventually back again. Was working on several outstanding features nobody could overcome in the nearest future.

But now before going on and pushing updates I would like to ask the community for help and support. Not for free for sure. I've developed a very clean strategy for next actions.

I'm a developer, not so social as you can see)
I spend most of the time developing new features and polishing code.

As community can easily see, most of my work was abandonded due to lack of forum activity.
I see I need strong PR manager for Bitmonero project or a team that could take that business. It goes without saying smart people understand that currencty without strong engineering support (including mathematicians, developers) has no future. That's why I'm not so worry about current situation. The Monero team is doing good PR for me as well - when appropriate time comes, people will easily find out the real source and will figure out, what has real investment potential.

But now it is really sad to see where the clone is going. Throwing without a direction.
Even with the name they still not sure what they are developing.
MRO first, then XMR, is next name XXX to look more mature?

The way it was developed today and the past several months is just going nowhere. They still did not get the key idea of Bitmonero project. It requires thinking and understanding where is it going.

I have very clear vision about future development, and would like to make an offer for the community.
I also accept feature requests from users.

This message is an official call for oustanding PR sharks!

Please, PM me by 25.06.2014, answering simple questions:
0. What is the most outstanding result of your PR company?
1. How many people you can manage within a team?
2. What is your interest in supporting Bitmonero ?

Future is right there, next corner.
See ya,
I'm thankful_for_today

I'm not sure I should even say anything at all, since the tone of your message is condescending.

In the past month, we've recruited several new developers to work on features that are generally non-functional on the daemon, fixed (vaguely) the txmempool but you commited that caused random blockreward destruction for miners, and hired a couple of academic mathematicians/cryptographers to review the implementation code and CryptoNote whitepaper. We got the pool implementation working and are close to GUI beta (amongst several other working betas based on .net for Windows). We fixed a number of other issues with the software and have a massive TODO list of things that need to be resolved.

We extended ourselves to work with you and offered push/pull to the repo so you could push any changes you wanted to. I'm not sure what exactly else you needed from us. It appears that you wanted to remove the community here from any design and development aspects of the coin, which is counter to everything cryptocurrency has stood for up to this point.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:07:28 PM

thankful_for_today: Please work with the Monero team. They are good developers and friendly people. This is the truth, from the button of my heart.

Work together. Please, please don't harm the Monero brand and project with operating a fork/variant with nearly same name.

Nobody is angry at you for your disappearance. Everybody is ready to work with you and use/hear your best ideas. Join the Monero team, that was built. At least talk to them.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

thankful_for_today: Please work with the Monero team. They are good developers and friendly people. This is the truth, from the button of my heart.

Work together. Please, please don't harm the Monero brand and project with operating a fork/variant with nearly same name.

Nobody is angry at you for your disappearance. Everybody is ready to work with you and use/hear your best ideas. Join the Monero team, that was built. At least talk to them.

Maybe he doesnt want to work with anyone ? Maybe his goal is to hurt any cryptonote coin but BCN ? Doesn't anyone find it strange that the same day TFT comes back, there is also an announcement on bytecoin.org ? Doesn't anyone find it strange that TFT is looking for a PR firm for its project and that the QCN dev is also looking for a PR firm ? It should be strange enough when you know that the QCN dev tried to relaunch Monero (you can find the thread in google cache).

My theory is that he's either severely bipolar or that he's a puppet for BCN and that his goal is to wreck any coin the community make out of the cryptonote sourcecode - because so far he hasnt really demonstrated that he wanted to work for a community project.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

Maybe he doesnt want to work with anyone ? Maybe his goal is to hurt any cryptonote coin but BCN ? Doesn't anyone find it strange that the same day TFT comes back, there is also an announcement on bytecoin.org ? Doesn't anyone find it strange that TFT is looking for a PR firm for its project and that the QCN dev is also looking for a PR firm ? It should be strange enough when you know that the QCN dev tried to relaunch Monero (you can find the thread in google cache).

My theory is that he's either severely bipolar or that he's a puppet for BCN and that his goal is to wreck any coin the community make out of the cryptonote sourcecode - because so far he hasnt really demonstrated that he wanted to work for a community project.

Think you might be getting thinking too deep with this. TFT started this project and it was essentially rushed, hasnt really been all that active and  very little community involvement. I think the recent price jumps and continued growth of Monero will cause one to be more proactive and seem entitled.

DStrange is the one in contact with BCN devs and is no way connected really to any of this, as a matter of fact, all of BCN was discovered in a Bytecoin thread (SHA-256 Type - BTE) back in March when those guys realised the site posted was not the site of their coin, but a totally new coin. After finding out that it was not a re-brand and a rip-off of BTE, DStrange started a new thread which is the current BCN thread we see today. Knowing this as the begining of the introduction to cryptonote to this thread may dispell alot of what you said.

QCN dev is a game developer I believe. He tried to Re-Launch the coin yes, but he has stated that he was only trolling, which is very easy to believe. He is not as skilled as the Monero team or TFT, but seems to be a very good dev who has an understanding and can make changes as needed. Alot of updates are added after the Monero team releases them for their coin, so it may just be piggy backing off the success and innovation and also the PRfirm thing. (people might not like hearing that.)

In the end these guys are looking to go after what alot have achieved by Monero, which has had alot of outside help from actual companies and experts.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:57:59 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 08:13:02 PM by aminorex

TFT played a historically important role in the genesis of Monero, and thus he has influence and visibility disproportionate to his contribution to the community.  Therefore, it is strongly in the interests of the remainder of the community that his interests become aligned with ours in a mutually beneficial manner.  Consequently, it is highly probable that, by means of improved, respectful, and not paranoid communication, a mutually beneficial outcome can be obtained.  While it is always challenging to communicate without full engagement from both sides, there is a lot of motivation to meet that challenge in this case.

Damaging outcomes are extremely unlikely, because they would be harmful to TFT no less than to the Monero community at large.  Incompetence or defection are always possible, but given the demonstrated capabilities of the parties involved, one can infer that they are unlikely in this case.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
eizh

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:33:41 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 12:44:06 AM by eizh

Consequently, it is highly probable that, by means of improved, respectful, and not paranoid communication, a mutually beneficial outcome can be obtained.  While it is always challenging to communicate without full engagement from both sides, there is a lot of motivation to meet that challenge in this case.

Actually, several attempts were made behind the scenes and TFT's continued demand was full admin rights over the Monero repo. Now, what could that be useful for when tacotime already offered push/pull rights? It's certainly not about contributing code - push/pull offers the right to do that without interference or permission.

This is basically a repeating pattern of shutting out everyone else, which is ironically what caused him to lose the project in the first place. The tone of that post makes his level of maturity obvious for everyone to see.

I might also point out that his contribution to date consists of 10 or so lines of code changed in a header file (to clone BCN). Then a bug 'fix' that actually allowed the chain to be attacked later (now fixed). This was followed by his disappearance. Disproportionate visibility indeed.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 11:59:11 PM

As you said you you are not so social and a coin cannot develop without a community.  It is the community that gathered  that constantly make the code better but also attract more people to make it even better.

That being said if you truly believe you are a good developer stop trying to be the boss and be a good developer. This way the coin can be even better and you can gain the respect of the people if you indeed worth it and also persuade people about things you believe should happen in the coin.

By taking decisions only by yourself and never listen to what others say you cant create a successful coin. I never saw you arguing about any proposals and you are never online.

I hope you understand what i mean. Only cooperation can make a great future.
uvt9

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:59:54 AM

Then a bug 'fix' that actually allowed the chain to be attacked later (now fixed). This was followed by his disappearance.

Could you be more detailed about this ? Is it a backdoor ? that sounds scary.
Xdragon

Activity: 543

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:23:48 AM

Once again I am confused.  First I mined bitmonero  which is now monero.  Now it looks like there are gonna be two different coins? Relaunch or what? I think it is better to work together with monero team.
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:47:22 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 01:10:45 PM by kalisto

TFT i hope you remember you "stepped out" of the coin, handover git access, agreed with the name change and skipped the merged mining because of the rejection by the community. Better work with the Monero team if you want to be involved because they are skilled and have proper community support and enough sideprojects. Someone without social skills could have never done this and Bitmonero would be dead by now.

On the other hand; it looks like his account got hacked and trolled for spreading fud.
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:15:35 PM

Once again I am confused.  First I mined bitmonero  which is now monero.  Now it looks like there are gonna be two different coins? Relaunch or what? I think it is better to work together with monero team.
No. Their blockchains are the same and will always be the same.
thankful_for_today (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:06:40 PM

Thank you for all your responces and activity.
I got even more that I was looking for.

I'll post you soon the results and we decide together where to move the Bitmonero.

Vote for BitMonero on Comkort exchange: https://comkort.com/vote
BTC: 1F1Ryrc2gvJQsVNTS5xvCxKugMjvbFRzX4
coomme

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:10:57 AM

hi, now I only have the .keys
when I upgrade to win.x64.v0-8-8-6
its told me :  can not find wallet.bin files

-------------
You had been using a deprecated version of the wallet. Your wallet file format i
s being upgraded now.

Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "mro11"

-----------

what can I do to rebuild wallet.bin ??
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:25:26 AM

hi, now I only have the .keys
when I upgrade to win.x64.v0-8-8-6
its told me :  can not find wallet.bin files

-------------
You had been using a deprecated version of the wallet. Your wallet file format i
s being upgraded now.

Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "mro11"

-----------

what can I do to rebuild wallet.bin ??

necro thread.  Try here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0
trgnn

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:17:50 PM

Resurection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:40:51 PM

Is there a rationale for sticking with the CryptoNite hashing algo? Some issues I pointed out before: 1) the CPU mining phase is prone to botnets 2) Someone will inevitably develop a GPU miner and it's in their interest not to release it, creating a fairness problem.  (I'd personally prefer X11, because it's CPU+GPU and draws much less power than scrypt.)
Then go to Groestl, which draws even less power than X11, is CPU+GPU too and better yet reduces the advantage of GPU over CPU.

I personally am explicity against a CPU+GPU algo. Because this means CPU have no reason to mine anymore (except for increasing a little the mining power of a GPU miner). GPU mining means "more money for the richs, less money for the rest of us". Not exactly in the direction of fairness.

Plus, CryptoNote goes beyond a lot of the shortcoming of the bitcoin protocol. CryptoNote uses CryptoNight algo only. Maybe it could be possible to implement X11 on CryptoNote as a replacement for CryptNight, but as stated above, I am against this.

That being said, your point regarding botnets is interesting. I suppose the reason why there is not much botnets on GPU is that server do not come with a real GPU to start with.

edit: I actually can't find anything on this algo. Is this even a sound hashing function with a low probability of being cracked in the future? Most of the algos that the crypto community has been using are well-established and created by professionals and researchers (like the NIST finalists).
Did you check for the Cryptonote or Cryptonight? The first is the technology, the second is the algo.

botnets lol Wink muuhahaah

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:06:23 PM

what about bitmone.ro , or bitmonero.net ....?
Whatever the name change, it should not be discussed on a forum.

WHY NOT ? ===> REPTILIAN CORPORATE OVERLORDS ARE IN CHARGE HERE !!?  Roll Eyes

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:10:32 PM

This is not gonna be "the next Bitcoin" unless it's forked... ===>

Right now this is just a botnet coin.

hate to admit this: r0ach is a visionary Smiley rotflmfao

gingerbreadpolythenefh

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:53:51 AM

I think that the project is quite impressive and will support this project
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: