Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new coin based on CryptoNote technology - LAUNCHED  (Read 68740 times)
cocoakrispies

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:41:05 AM

how about wallet with gui not only with command line?))

it is being worked on

a botnet or cloud has come onto the network starting at block 2633, difficulty is now almost 100k!

Maybe BCN miners from this forum switching over? I think thankful previously said hashrate can be estimated with difficulty/120. Earlier today it was 70k, so this corresponds to perhaps +250 H/s, or ~50 CPUs. Possible botnet, but you could also pull this off with a cloud subscription.

In any case, the solo mining phase may be over soon. We need some sort of pool implementation.

BCN difficulty has fallen from 1,2M to 900k Cheesy

Was it a botnet or is this just the difficulty recalculating? We were at 73000 before taco killed the network ( Grin ) . . then it fell to 50000 to compensate for the increased time to find blocks (I'm sure we were all very lucky last night) . . and then it shot up a little while after the network was repaired . . and now it's going back down to I assume the 70k's difficulty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:49:03 PM

my question may sound stupid, but how do you know when you have found a block ?
After opening up your wallet or typing refresh, you will get three transactions: one for 0.5 BMR, one for 7 BMR and onr for 10 BMR. Yes, there will be "transaction", not "mining". Of course, it could someone sending you in a row 0.5, 7 then 10 Smiley

There is presently no way I am aware of to have a history of found block. If you found a block yesterday, closed the wallet in the evening and open it up today, closed it again and reopened it, you have no way to know you found a block except by looking at your balance (provided you remember of much you had).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:01:00 PM

Bitmonero cheatsheet

Code:
./bitmonerod     (start_mining, stop_mining, exit, save)
./simplewallet         (start_mining, stop_mining, exit, refresh)

./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=bitmonero_wallet.bin
./simplewallet --wallet-file=bitmonero_wallet.bin

./simpleminer (don't know why to use it, since simplewallet is enough for mining on max threads)
connectivity_tool (don't know why to use it for)

./simpleminer and connectivity_tool, I don't see the use of them

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

havent found a block in ~2600  Hashrate 11  :/

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:13:26 PM

Yes, I'll be buying those. I just did it to be first (sorry, David).
Don't be sorry Smiley First, it is the game and second and most importantly, my goal was less to get BMR than to initiate the trading. See me as lazlo buying pizzas in 2010: not doing it for pizzas, but doing it for the crypto Smiley

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:15:06 PM

I will add bitmonero and the cryptonote info to the site.
Thank you. I guess you did not have time to do it yet, I see nothing on the website.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:31:37 PM

I have 13,381.55 bytecoins. Anyone wants to trade for bitmonero?

also where do i get a list of commands? I want for example to get address and send coins...

P.S. As far as i can tell right now this is the only cpu coin that exists? Maybe riecoin too but not for long.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:43:33 PM

Type help to get list of commands

I think there are more cpu coins, primecoin, yacoin etc.

zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Community

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:50:04 PM

I'm looking at the source code for bytecoin now, it looks like it has everything it needs to do getblocktemplate as in bitcoin using the RPC server that bytecoind spins at 127.0.0.1:18081.  Going to look over eloipool now

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:59:08 PM

Hi,

I started the daemon up and it seems done catching up with the block chain. Starting simplewallet.exe I encounter a problem:

Code:
2014-Apr-20 05:09:50.458935 bitmonero wallet v0.8.5.294(0.1-g147aac7)
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 ERROR ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:430 e || !exists. THROW EXCEPTION: error::file_not_found
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:430:struct tools::error::file_error_base<1>: file not found "mein_wallet.bin.keys"
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "mein_wallet.bin.keys"
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.229036 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:254 could not open account
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.229036 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:909 Failed to initialize wallet

I use the following parameter with my simplewallet.exe-short cut: simplewallet --wallet-file=mein_wallet.bin
What am I doing wrong?
How can I start mining?

Thx

You're missing "mein_wallet.bin.keys". Did you generate a wallet? The command will be:

simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=mein_wallet.bin --pass=123

The password can be anything you want (123 here as an example).

ty that helped alot Smiley
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:25:29 PM

havent found a block in ~2600  Hashrate 11  :/

You should get at least a few blocks per day... keep mining Smiley

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
emontmon

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:08:33 PM

I am new to cryptocurrencies. Some of you are so familiar with the process that complicated steps are deemed simple to you. With that said I was able to download and mine bytecoin bcn. As of today I can not download bitmonero for windows. This I believe is  rush job attempting to be first to market and increase profit margin on very early knowledgeable adapters. There was no attempt to move forward cryptonote vision. No attempt to improve on the delivery or execution of bytecoin bcn.  If I can download and mine bcn and cant do the same for bitmonero, this I think implies poor execution. I use myself as a basis because I did not even know what a cmd line was until 3 weeks ago.
cocoakrispies

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:21:17 PM

I am new to cryptocurrencies. Some of you are so familiar with the process that complicated steps are deemed simple to you. With that said I was able to download and mine bytecoin bcn. As of today I can not download bitmonero for windows. This I believe is  rush job attempting to be first to market and increase profit margin on very early knowledgeable adapters. There was no attempt to move forward cryptonote vision. No attempt to improve on the delivery or execution of bytecoin bcn.  If I can download and mine bcn and cant do the same for bitmonero, this I think implies poor execution. I use myself as a basis because I did not even know what a cmd line was until 3 weeks ago.

But what you're missing is that there are people here, including the developer, willing to help you on a daily basis. Perfect example is that there is an IRC channel designed to help you along with this thread so that you can be helped to solve your problems.

I'm willing to help as well, as I've had no issues and am using windows 7. If that sounds like your situation then I think I can be of help.

Do you need a link to the download file, or are you having problems with installation?

There was no 'immediate' need to move forward with CN vision. They are looking for people to fork the coin, thus it was forked. What do you think needs changed? If you have ideas then please share them, because the main way to move the 'vision' forward is in a dynamic environment . . not a static one for weeks.

Already, there was a change in the original source that was used because it acted the wrong way. This seems like the perfect example of how the 'vision' moves forward. The attempt is in the fact that every day you come back and more people are interested, and that it's still here and getting better. Not that someone figured out everything before you ever entered the picture. You can be a part of this so if you have ideas share them.
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:32:20 PM

I am new to cryptocurrencies. Some of you are so familiar with the process that complicated steps are deemed simple to you. With that said I was able to download and mine bytecoin bcn. As of today I can not download bitmonero for windows. This I believe is  rush job attempting to be first to market and increase profit margin on very early knowledgeable adapters. There was no attempt to move forward cryptonote vision. No attempt to improve on the delivery or execution of bytecoin bcn.  If I can download and mine bcn and cant do the same for bitmonero, this I think implies poor execution. I use myself as a basis because I did not even know what a cmd line was until 3 weeks ago.

Open up NotePad, copy-paste the following, and save it as run.bat (make sure the actual file type is .bat and not .txt). Put it in the same folder as the bitmonero executable files, double-click it, and it'll take care of everything. Then you let the blockchain sync and type "save" in the bitmonerd terminal when it's done. Type "start_mining X" in the simplewallet terminal where X is the number of CPU threads (replace with whatever number of threads you want, usually number of cores x2 if only CPU mining or one less if simultaneously GPU mining something else).

@echo off

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq bitmonerod.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "bitmonerod.exe">NUL
if not %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 (
  echo Starting node...
  start /MIN bitmonerod.exe
) else (
  echo Node already started.
)

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq simplewallet.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "simplewallet.exe">NUL
if not %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 (
  if exist wallet.bin.keys (
    echo Starting previous wallet...
    start simplewallet.exe --wallet wallet.bin
  ) else (
    echo Starting new wallet...
    start simplewallet.exe --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin
  )
) else (
  echo Wallet already started.
)
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

I am new to cryptocurrencies. Some of you are so familiar with the process that complicated steps are deemed simple to you. With that said I was able to download and mine bytecoin bcn. As of today I can not download bitmonero for windows. This I believe is  rush job attempting to be first to market and increase profit margin on very early knowledgeable adapters. There was no attempt to move forward cryptonote vision. No attempt to improve on the delivery or execution of bytecoin bcn.  If I can download and mine bcn and cant do the same for bitmonero, this I think implies poor execution. I use myself as a basis because I did not even know what a cmd line was until 3 weeks ago.

you can also follow these simple instructions:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=544715

even if you start mining three days after launch you're still in a pretty good place.

Current difficulty is 93367, until we hit 250k or so you should still be able to solo with a good CPU

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:54:04 PM

I am new to cryptocurrencies. Some of you are so familiar with the process that complicated steps are deemed simple to you. With that said I was able to download and mine bytecoin bcn. As of today I can not download bitmonero for windows. This I believe is  rush job attempting to be first to market and increase profit margin on very early knowledgeable adapters.

That may be true on many coins but this one has a very slow mining schedule, pretty close to bitcoin (years). Nobody is gobbling up all the coins early. No instamine here. Anyone involved in the first few years is an "early adopter."

emontmon

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:55:50 PM

My comment was not that I feel left out. Rather, I am impressed with the background of cryptonight. I have very limited ability to understand the technology. I very much feel that much of what is written on these forums are beyond me. However the philosophy great.  Some thing that appeals to me. I also feel that there is a great opportunity here that has been missed. You and thankful could have collaborated and brought bytecoin 2.0. A coin that builds onThe previous version. A gui, mac bineries. And accessible windows bineries. The link at the begging does not work.

Those are my thoughts.these, just criticisms and from me who has nothing to Contribute really. I am just impressed with all of this, crypto currency technogy. I can barely understand it.

eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:59:57 PM

My comment was not that I feel left out. Rather, I am impressed with the background of cryptonight. I have very limited ability to understand the technology. I very much feel that much of what is written on these forums are beyond me. However the philosophy great.  Some thing that appeals to me. I also feel that there is a great opportunity here that has been missed. You and thankful could have collaborated and brought bytecoin 2.0. A coin that builds onThe previous version. A gui, mac bineries. And accessible windows bineries. The link at the begging does not work.

Those are my thoughts.these, just criticisms and from me who has nothing to Contribute really. I am just impressed with all of this, crypto currency technogy. I can barely understand it.

The forum messed up the link because of its # character. Copy-paste the whole thing and it does work: https://mega.co.nz/#!dIMVWYTI!kHTvcON_liMT-14--iLM6VMK_zv0dYe5mbBxVT8_Cv4

This coin is a work-in-progress. I would've waited for a GUI before release but at this point I think it's proven its legitimacy by fixing a blockchain-killing bug.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

A gui, mac bineries. And accessible windows bineries. The link at the begging does not work.

GUI and Mac binaries are both being worked on. Someone has already replied about the Windows binaries.

It is very early in this history of this coin.

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:04:41 PM

The forum messed up the link because of its # character. Copy-paste the whole thing and it does work: https://mega.co.nz/#!dIMVWYTI!kHTvcON_liMT-14--iLM6VMK_zv0dYe5mbBxVT8_Cv4

This coin is a work-in-progress. I would've waited for a GUI before release but at this point I think it's proven its legitimacy by fixing a blockchain-killing bug.

another link to the windows binaries is here: https://anonfiles.com/file/557536bff04c9dbb85d290233850873b

difficulty is almost at 100k

Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: