Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher  (Read 34635 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25469579/breaking-news-fbi-investigating-bundy-supporters-in-blm-dispute
LAS VEGAS --
Bundy supporters have been adamant in saying no weapons were aimed at the feds or police, that the BLM rangers were the ones pointing guns.

From the sound of things, they will be given the chance to prove those allegations because the FBI is coming their way.

These guys really are no more developed then children.  This 'it wasn't me' thing is exactly what everyone hears from their 7-year-old.

It's also the epitome of cowardice given that they were prancing about bragging about how tough they were before it dawned on them that they are going to end up distinctly on the losing end of this one.  Took them a while to figure it out as I predicted it would a few weeks ago.

Anyway, it should be pretty easy to track these militia clowns down.  Just follow the damp yellow streaks heading out of the 'AO'.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:31:15 PM

It is illegal to point loaded weapons at federal agents, and most people know what would happen, if a suspect pointed a gun at a Metro officer in the Las Vegas valley. The flip side is A-Ok. Undecided

Bundy supporters have been adamant in saying no weapons were aimed at the feds or police, that the BLM rangers were the ones pointing guns.

From the sound of things, they will be given the chance to prove those allegations because the FBI is coming their way.

I would certainly hope that they'd considered the ramifications of their actions before hand. Surely they must have known that challenging .gov thugs could lead to them being singled out and individually persecuted by cowardly federal parasites. Many are likely beyond caring at this point.

Quite frankly once you have a nobel peace prize winning ceo(lol) that pushes insanity like the NDAA and endless global warfare, murders Americans abroad without charges, and saddles America's children for generations to come with crippling debt, many will feel they've been backed into a corner and their only recourse is open defiance. Plainly the feds know all this and are preparing for it, if not actively provoking it. Soap box, ballot box, ammo box. This stuff has been brewing for decades. Many MANY Americans do not feel represented by their out of control federal government.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:47:19 PM

Back on the ranch:

“We need to help the people of Blanding re-establish who is in control of the land,” said Bundy and his wife, Carol, in an email that was reported by E&E News. “This is your next stand. Will you be there to help them like you helped us?”

Translated: "For God's sake, get the hell out of here!"

It was clear that Ranger-Ryan and lard-ass Booda were wearing out their welcome some days ago.  God only knows how many cows they've  barbecued up in the last few weeks.

Trouble is, when you've got a bunch of heavily armed paranoid psychotics who are now also scared shitless due to the FBI investigations which they didn't have the mental capacity to predict, it could be a little bit tricky to get rid of them.

Hitching their wagon to these militia clowns was one more blunder in a long list which have relegated the Bundy spawn to the lower rungs of society.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

Back to general Western US land use:

From this article:
Like the Bundy confrontation in Nevada, the illegal ATV ride through Recapture Canyon is intended to challenge federal authority over public lands.

Lyman, reports the Salt Lake Tribune, “says the planned ride aims to assert county jurisdiction in the face of federal ‘overreach.’”
The anti-government views of Cliven Bundy and Phil Lyman are also shared by a growing fringe of elected officials who want to sell-off or seize America’s public lands.

According to a new analysis from the Center for American Progress Action Fund, a network of right-wing elected officials, organizations, and prominent commentators share Mr. Bundy’s anti-government views and are advancing proposals to seize or sell-off federal public lands in eight Western states.

This network of so-called ‘Bundy’s Buddies’ includes the Koch-funded organization Americans for Prosperity, U.S. Senator and presidential hopeful Rand Paul (R-KY), Utah Congressman Rob Bishop (R-UT), and Utah State Representative Ken Ivory. Ivory leads the American Lands Council — a group dedicated to advocating for the seizure of federal lands.

A new website from the Center for Western Priorities, BundysBuddies.org, identifies additional elected officials who share the anti-government views of Bundy and Lyman.

Most Westerners reject the anti-government land seizure agenda of the so-called “Bundy’s Buddies.”

Lyman and the other “Bundy’s Buddies” who are working to sell-off or seize America’s public lands are far outside the mainstream of views in the American West.

Public opinion research commissioned by Colorado College in February, 2014, found that nearly three in four Westerners –- and 63 percent of voters in Utah — are less likely to vote for a candidate who wants to sell public lands to reduce the deficit. And more than nine out of ten Western voters view their national forests, monuments, wildlife areas, and public lands as integral to their state’s economy.

In an alert to its members titled “Our Public Lands Are Not for Sale,” Backcountry Hunters and Anglers this week called the land seizure movement a “radical cry” that “should alarm all Americans who cherish their freedom to hunt and fish…. Our federal land system and outdoor heritage is the envy of the world and depends on keeping federal public lands out of state ownership.

Hunters and Anglers have a strong tenancy toward right-wing ideologies, but even they are not fooled by this latest corporate land-grab.

I myself am changing my mind on exactly how inappropriate it is for the high percentage of Fed owned land in the Western states actually is.  If the percentages are brought down, I wish it to be done slowly and carefully and I definitely want to make sure that we have good visibility into the lobbying money that influences the process.

The Koch minions will gain only limited appeal via bullhorn idiocy, childish bullying, absurd victim role-playing, and even outright terrorism in some cases.  I personally doubt that it will work, and I expect that the backlash will be significant and I hope it will result in people back-tracking to investigate existing Koch(-like) malfeasance in our governments.

That said, it is perfectly true that the Federal, state, and local governments just like any organization with power will tend to abuse it from time to time.  The fact that there are a contingent of adversaries with some sway will act to at least make them pay some attention to alternative views policy decisions are being made and implemented.  As despicable as the Bundyists are, they have a few legitimate concerns and complaints which should be considered.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:00:39 PM

A Ruby Ridge-style standoff is brewing in Nevada, where dozens of armed federal agents are closing in on cattle rancher Cliven Bundy over claims that Bundy has allowed his cows to graze illegally on government land, endangering a protected species of tortoise.

Vowing to take a stand for, “your liberty and freedom,” Bundy says he is prepared to be killed as authorities surround a 600,000 acre section of public land as a result of Bundy violating a 1993 Bureau of Land Management ruling which changed grazing rights in order to protect the endangered desert tortoise.

“With all these rangers and all this force that is out here, they are only after one man right now. They are after Cliven Bundy. Whether they want to incarcerate me or whether they want to shoot me in the back, they are after me. But that is not all that is at stake here. Your liberty and freedom is at stake,” Bundy said.

Bundy’s refusal to recognize federal authority over the land under dispute and his failure to pay tens of thousands of dollars in grazing fees stems from his assertion that his family’s history trumps bureaucracy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449087-Armed-Feds-Prepare-For-Showdown-With-Nevada-Cattle-Rancher
“My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed,” Bundy said.

I hope they do not kill him...

People are asking why the fed gov doesn't just put a lien on his cattle and assets instead of doing the swat raid bullshit which is what would normally happen.
Reason is now coming out. Since the feds failed to act in a timely manner after 1993, Bundy is likely covered under something called "Prescriptive Rights".
In other words, it's like squatter's rights. He has been using the land for enough time without incident by the feds that he now has rights to the land after all and BLM knows it.

I personally hope this is the case but I won't be expecting the feds go let it go quite so easy.  I hope I'm wrong and they do give up the fight, especially if they haven't done their due diligence and followed proper procedure.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:37:23 PM

People are asking why the fed gov doesn't just put a lien on his cattle and assets instead of doing the swat raid bullshit which is what would normally happen.
Reason is now coming out. Since the feds failed to act in a timely manner after 1993, Bundy is likely covered under something called "Prescriptive Rights".
In other words, it's like squatter's rights. He has been using the land for enough time without incident by the feds that he now has rights to the land after all and BLM knows it.

I personally hope this is the case but I won't be expecting the feds go let it go quite so easy.  I hope I'm wrong and they do give up the fight, especially if they haven't done their due diligence and followed proper procedure.

Sorry, but this isn't going to work.  Even if squatters rights were remotely applicable to this situation, the owners have pinged the perp regularly for trespass and unpaid debts.  Bundy brags about not opening his mail.  Could anyone be more of a child?

It's also funny to hear someone say that the roundup of trespass cattle on the owners land (never coming near Bundy's land) is somehow some outrageous and tyrannical affront while at the same time arguing that the owners should have done more earlier to defend their rights against the Bundy pilferage.

There are all kinds of deadbeats who squat for as long as possible in unoccupied homes since the housing bubble collapse.  Their piteous whining when the cops finally run them out are exactly what we hear from Bundy and his minions.  The only real difference between the Bundy clan and a low-life home squatter is that if the later kicked a cops k-9 he would be very lucky to survive the event and if he did, he'd spend the rest of the next few weeks wishing that all he got were a few tazer barbs.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:59:05 PM

Militiamen move on from Bundy fight to next battle with BLM

Militiamen and woman camping on Cliven Bundy’s cattle ranch are packing up and heading to Utah where another protest against the Bureau of Land Management will happen Saturday.

Ryan Payne, a Montana resident who had been staying at the ranch for a month, said he drove eight hours to arrive in the eastern Utah town this morning. Three militia members from the ranch and a handful of people from a group called Citizens Action Network came to Utah, too, he said.

“This is where it’s happening Saturday,” he said.

They and others Saturday will be armed, he said, and ride ATVs into Recapture Canyon, an area the BLM declared off-limits to motorized vehicles in 2007. The ride is organized by San Juan County, Utah, Commissioner Phil Lyman.

Payne met Friday morning with the San Juan County, Utah, Sheriff Rick Eldridge. Afterward, he said he expects Saturday’s protest to be peaceful because Eldridge pledged to “protect us from the BLM.”

Payne characterized their discussion, saying Eldridge has contacted other sheriff’s departments who “stated that if he needed support to get the BLM out of there, they would help.”

Also in Utah this week, two people in a pick-up confronted a BLM wrangler on Interstate 15. They drove by wearing hoods and held a sign that said, “You need to die.” One of the men pointed a handgun at the wrangler, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

At Recapture Canyon, federal officials aren’t planning to send armed federal agents to the Utah protest like they did with the Bundy ranch in April. The BLM’s show of force, including tasering one of Bundy’s sons, helped spark a heavily armed confrontation between federal agents and the Bundy militia on April 12.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/may/09/militiamen-move-bundy-fight-next-battle-blm/

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:36:50 AM

Well folks you see how politics devolves into an invasion into personal privacy and choice.

The issue was property rights, but the Communists will always try to divert it from that of course.

The thread is basically dead, because there is nothing more to discuss.

Opt-out and let the Communists do the megadeath ritual.

Only collectivists (Communists and Capitalists) demand property rights. Real humans (communities beyond the society) don't. Communism/capitalism is the perversion of the community.

Thus you agree to let me cut off your penis. It is not your property. Your penis is a nomad that should roam and not be possessed nor owned.

Conflating property rights with collectivism is a signal you are losing your sanity.

A brain (if you have one) is not a property. It's a brain.
Demanding state-guaranteed rights is a collectivist behavior,whether your state is 'local' or global.

I never said anything about state guarantees for property rights. It is about the sovereign's ability to protect his rights, and that includes the fruit and food sources of your tribal jungle nirvana fantasy.

You should study tribal life. It was fraught with continuous war and kidnapping of women.

Bullshit. These are wellknown fairytales of civilized collectivists, distributed by Jared Diamond et al.
They don't know anything about anarchy, the times before the invention of patriarchy.
http://gerhardbott.de/das-buch/summary-in-english.html

Get your head out of your ass and read about the history Mindanao where I am now, and the tribes in the mountains of Luzon.

Well folks you see how politics devolves into an invasion into personal privacy and choice.

The issue was property rights, but the Communists will always try to divert it from that of course.

The thread is basically dead, because there is nothing more to discuss.

Opt-out and let the Communists do the megadeath ritual.

Only collectivists (Communists and Capitalists) demand property rights. Real humans (communities beyond the society) don't. Communism/capitalism is the perversion of the community.

Thus you agree to let me cut off your penis. It is not your property. Your penis is a nomad that should roam and not be possessed nor owned.

Conflating property rights with collectivism is a signal you are losing your sanity.

A brain (if you have one) is not a property. It's a brain.
Demanding state-guaranteed rights is a collectivist behavior,whether your state is 'local' or global.

I never said anything about state guarantees for property rights. It is about the sovereign's ability to protect his rights, and that includes the fruit and food sources of your tribal jungle nirvana fantasy.

This is what anonymint, the notorious collectivist is telling us:

"When a government attacks its own people it becomes illegitimate. The people have a right to a representative government."

He wants to be governed and patronized. He thinks that there are legitimate governments out there. What a 'living' cartoon of an anarchist!

I've never written such a thing. I said people are rising up because they don't feel represented. I never said I prefer to replace it with a representative government. Instead I've written that democracy is always a power vacuum and thus always ends up where we are now.

I've said the smaller the entities of political organization, the less severe the power vacuum. At the tribal level within the human's Dunbar limit, corruption is well contained.

I'm aiming for a Knowledge Age, where each person is entirely free of governance and corporations.

My disagreement with you is you are conflating things. You think technology can only exist with governance and corporations. I think technology can exist and boost individual prosperity in an anarchistic manner.

You instead want everyone to remain a caveman without any technology. You better get rid of the hunting bow and discovery of fire too. Roll Eyes

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:46:27 AM

You've only got one hope. Anonymous crypto-currency.

Annoyneymint is nothing but a run-of-the-mill altcoin scammer.  I'd bet a dime to a doughnut that he was trying to peddle some 'free energy' crap last year before he heard of Bitcoin and that's how he developed his portfolio of techno-gibberish.

You continue to stereotype me incorrectly. I have written extensively against free energy as it violates the Laws of Thermodynamics. I have also written extensively that PoS can't work correctly and defended PoW as not wasting energy and explained the science and economics that apply.

Back on the ranch:

“We need to help the people of Blanding re-establish who is in control of the land,” said Bundy and his wife, Carol, in an email that was reported by E&E News. “This is your next stand. Will you be there to help them like you helped us?”

Translated: "For God's sake, get the hell out of here!"

It was clear that Ranger-Ryan and lard-ass Booda were wearing out their welcome some days ago.  God only knows how many cows they've  barbecued up in the last few weeks.

Trouble is, when you've got a bunch of heavily armed paranoid psychotics who are now also scared shitless due to the FBI investigations which they didn't have the mental capacity to predict, it could be a little bit tricky to get rid of them.

Hitching their wagon to these militia clowns was one more blunder in a long list which have relegated the Bundy spawn to the lower rungs of society.

Readers does he realize he is insane?

FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25469579/breaking-news-fbi-investigating-bundy-supporters-in-blm-dispute
LAS VEGAS --

These guys really are no more developed then children.

Don't look at your mirror.

I personally hope this is the case but I won't be expecting the feds go let it go quite so easy.  I hope I'm wrong and they do give up the fight, especially if they haven't done their due diligence and followed proper procedure.

Sorry, but this isn't going to work.  Even if squatters rights were remotely applicable to this situation, the owners have pinged the perp regularly for trespass and unpaid debts.  Bundy brags about not opening his mail.  Could anyone be more of a child?

It's also funny to hear someone say that the roundup of trespass cattle on the owners land (never coming near Bundy's land) is somehow some outrageous and tyrannical affront while at the same time arguing that the owners should have done more earlier to defend their rights against the Bundy pilferage.

There are all kinds of deadbeats who squat for as long as possible in unoccupied homes since the housing bubble collapse.  Their piteous whining when the cops finally run them out are exactly what we hear from Bundy and his minions.  The only real difference between the Bundy clan and a low-life home squatter is that if the later kicked a cops k-9 he would be very lucky to survive the event and if he did, he'd spend the rest of the next few weeks wishing that all he got were a few tazer barbs.

I am going to laughing my ass off when the federal tyrants confiscate everything you have and string you up by your balls.

I am serious. I think there is a reasonable chance of that occurring.

Let me explain to you how I plan to effect that.

First there will be an anonymous crypto-currency which defunds the bastards. So they will have to eat their own to try to hang on to power. You are their own.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:16:56 AM

I am going to laughing my ass off when the federal tyrants confiscate everything you have and string you up by your balls.

There is a very reasonable chance that such a thing could occur.  The 'patriots' and the idiotic actions that they are now undertaking are not making such and event either more or less likely, but they are making it so that it will be much less possible that people like me will either be able to protect ourselves or have the tools to roll things back to a decent society when it really matters.

BTW, you don't figure that a clever guy like me wouldn't appreciate some of the features and flexibility that a crypto-currency such as Bitcoin might add to their portfolio do you?

AnonyMint

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:02:56 AM

There is a very reasonable chance that such a thing could occur.  The 'patriots' and the idiotic actions that they are now undertaking are not making such and event either more or less likely, but they are making it so that it will be much less possible that people like me will either be able to protect ourselves or have the tools to roll things back to a decent society when it really matters.

BTW, you don't figure that a clever guy like me wouldn't appreciate some of the features and flexibility that a crypto-currency such as Bitcoin might add to their portfolio do you?

That you think Bitcoin can help you (it will do the opposite, and I have avoided Bitcoin as much as possible), exhibits to me that you are not that clever. Perhaps you will catch on though.

There is no way to roll back such a situation that we have now. These cancers always end in chaos.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:25:59 AM

That you think Bitcoin can help you (it will do the opposite, and I have avoided Bitcoin as much as possible), exhibits to me that you are not that clever. Perhaps you will catch on though.

There is no way to roll back such a situation that we have now. These cancers always end in chaos.

I said 'such as.'  But yes, Bitcoin as it stands today could certainly be helpful in certain instances.  And it still has the potential to make a ton of money for conversion into all kinds of things.

The world has had times of chaos before, or more accurately growing and shrinking pockets of chaos.  That does not mean that it ends or that there is no future.  (Remember, I'm not a religious freak who believes that I'm either going to be ruptured to Heaven or damned to some fiery hole in the ground.)

There have been many cases of cancer throughout history as well.  One would have to be a fool to evaluate some of the things going on in both our government and in our society and not see some very unpleasant symptoms which match previous outbreaks.

AnonyMint

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:37:58 AM

Remember bank robbers rob banks because that is where the money is. The government knows about all your Bitcoin.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:12:11 AM

Remember bank robbers rob banks because that is where the money is. The government knows about all your Bitcoin.

Even I don't know all about all of my Bitcoins.  It can be made arbitrarily cumbersome to get at those which I do, and there are good reasons to spread them across a spectrum in this respect.  And, of course, there is a lot of technical talent working on stealing people's BTC and that occurs with regularity.

AnonyMint

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:41:38 AM

Computers don't forget.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:49:46 AM

Computers don't forget.

Of course they do.  There's a little stanza sys-admins call 'wipe' (depending on one's OS/distro.)  All bets are off, however, if one's running an SSD.  Also, in some cases a greater system can leak data before it's forgotten if certain organizations have sufficient interest in obtaining said data.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:17:35 AM

This 'maine prepper' guy has another very worthwhile vid out.  It really homes in on what a 'sovereign citizen' is.  It also provides some insight into what is likely going to be the fate of those who, for potentially very good reason, got sucked into the Bundy affair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axS3S0Ax6CE

It's a long vid, but I found it entertaining from start to finish.

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:23:30 AM

Get your head out of your ass and read about the history Mindanao where I am now, and the tribes in the mountains of Luzon.

Mindanao? Patriarchy has been created 10'000 years ago. Anarchy died 10'000 years ago.
As I told you already: Both your head and your ass do not know anything about the history of the homines sapientes.

I've never written such a thing. I said people are rising up because they don't feel represented. I never said I prefer to replace it with a representative government. Instead I've written that democracy is always a power vacuum and thus always ends up where we are now.

Anonymint, the collectivst wrote that there is nothing wrong with local governements and that the global one is the only problem.

I'm aiming for a Knowledge Age, where each person is entirely free of governance and corporations.

That would be the first time in history, that such (labour dividing) perversion of the community would work. The communists also tried to pervert the community. The results of such hyper-collectivist experiments are well known.

My disagreement with you is you are conflating things. You think technology can only exist with governance and corporations. I think technology can exist and boost individual prosperity in an anarchistic manner.

You instead want everyone to remain a caveman without any technology. You better get rid of the hunting bow and discovery of fire too. Roll Eyes

Bullshit over and over again. Nomades never lived in caves. Neither in the past nor today.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

http://www.examiner.com/article/bundy-ranch-militia-may-have-considered-attack-on-air-force-base

The information, which comes from a person with contacts inside the militia movement, states that a small number of militia members who refer to themselves as “Three (III) Percenters” had plotted via Facebook chats to raid what one of the militia members identifies as an “ammo dump” on the grounds of the Nellis Air Force Range northwest of Las Vegas. The location that was pinpointed by the plotters has been confirmed by Examiner to be on the outskirts of the Nellis range.

ROTFL!

---

I actually just became aware of the 'Operation American Spring' event which is scheduled for next week I guess.  Normally I don't follow this stuff a lot, but it's caught my interest of late.

I do consider it a very strong possibility that the Bundy event and possibly the Canyon ride event are significantly managed as a psychological operation targeting the U.S. citizenry.  How much pre-planning and how much management remains to be explored.  The question in my mind is whether these two events are related to the OAS effort.  If so...

Here are a number of hypothesis, some of which have some overlap, that come to mind;  Bundy+ was an effort to:

- Foment public opinion against the people who are likely to participate in OAS and paint them as more of a threat then they probably are.

- Tie up some of the most likely supporters.  'Poke the hornets nest' and understand the networks that exist.

-  Get a larger count of like-minded citizens interested and also feeling guilty about not participating and more likely to try to pull their weight and show up for OAS. (*)

- Tie up and burn out some of the most radical of the likely OAS group to keep them from participating.

- Tag some of the more radical of the OAS group to justify more extreme actions against them during the OAS operation if need be.

- Provide an excuse to break into the OAS group potentially with lethal force in order to extract those who are identified as perpetrators in the Bundy event via the ongoing FBI investigations.

(*)   'OAS' is hoping to get 10M people initially and 1M people dedicated for longer duration operations.  This is somewhat laughable.  I was just reading about a couple of past OAS-like operations.  From:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/01/harry-riley-operation-american-spring-fox-news

- Operation 'Velvet Spring':  Expected: 10,000.  Actual: 2

- "Truckers Ride for the Constitution":  Expected: thousands.  Actual: 30

- "Million Vets March":  Actual: several hundred to 1000.

Given the dry nets I would expect some efforts to try to throw a little chum into the waters.  The basis for this hypothesis is that this is one of the goals of the Bundy event and it's progression to the Canyon run.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:47:02 PM

Militiamen move on from Bundy fight to next battle with BLM - Sheriffs in Utah standing with Militia against BLM
http://m.lvsun.com/news/2014/may/09/militiamen-move-bundy-fight-next-battle-blm/
Militiamen and woman camping on Cliven Bundy’s cattle ranch are packing up and heading to Utah where another protest against the Bureau of Land Management will happen Saturday.

Ryan Payne, a Montana resident who had been staying at the ranch for a month, said he drove eight hours to arrive in the eastern Utah town this morning. Three militia members from the ranch and a handful of people from a group called Citizens Action Network came to Utah, too, he said.

"This is where it’s happening Saturday,” he said.

They and others Saturday will be armed, he said, and ride ATVs into Recapture Canyon, an area the BLM declared off-limits to motorized vehicles in 2007. The ride is organized by San Juan County, Utah, Commissioner Phil Lyman.

Payne met Friday morning with the San Juan County, Utah, Sheriff Rick Eldridge. Afterward, he said he expects Saturday’s protest to be peaceful because Eldridge pledged to “protect us from the BLM.”

Payne characterized their discussion, saying Eldridge has contacted other sheriff’s departments who “stated that if he needed support to get the BLM out of there, they would help.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: