Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
14aristokrat

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:07:14 PM

Who are not ready for Whitecoin lose all the money he will never see an increase in its capital, without risk there is no profit
14aristokrat

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:16:55 PM

And you have not noticed one strange thing, coins whose weak community take off at times and then fall as Greececoin and dying, and our coin Whitecoin which has a very strong community trying to lower it to the bottom of an accident or who wants to be bought cheap and great whale will wait increase their capital in 100x
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:38:05 PM

I really don't understand where all that selling pressure is coming from :/ ...

it's coming from that others coins are pumed- dumped, and poeples need BTC to buy/sell those coins, so they sell their WC at any price to have BTC, and they hope to recover in other coins... some succeed, most fail ... and life goes on.
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:46:35 PM

I am so happy to see myself sliding down the distribution list...  That means people are buying in faster than me!  I'm not alone!!! Smiley

Haha, i've been keeping some data on the distribution over a week or so.  I have no idea what to make of it, other than, the coins are becoming more spread even, and mintpal sees about 1 Mil a day from its wallet to others.  The top 1000 addresses make up about 80% of thecoin dist. but that includes the exchanges.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
birddog

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:56:37 PM

I am so happy to see myself sliding down the distribution list...  That means people are buying in faster than me!  I'm not alone!!! Smiley

Haha, i've been keeping some data on the distribution over a week or so.  I have no idea what to make of it, other than, the coins are becoming more spread even, and mintpal sees about 1 Mil a day from its wallet to others.  The top 1000 addresses make up about 80% of thecoin dist. but that includes the exchanges.

Yep, I noticed the same thing. Whitecoins have been leaving the Mintpal exchange at the rate of about 1 million WC a day. About 10 million over the last week. Which means investors are sending their Whitecoins to their wallets to stake and coins are being more widely distributed Grin
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:02:13 PM

Another thing you have to remember is that Blackcoin went through the same thing that Whitecoin is going through now. It had a similar peak that topped out at 3500 satoshi and then crashed down to 500-600 satoshi for several weeks. The coin got revived with a new dev/multi pool and had a spike in interest where we recently saw the 95k+ satoshi pump. Keep in mind that Whitecoin is pretty much identical to BC other than the max available coins and higher stake interest. So far the trend has been similar, where we are at now is the same place Blackcoin was right before it took off.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
surfguy72

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:00:49 PM

here's a hint:
week ago top 100 started at 300k, yesterday it was already at 350k and rising, 360k today

Seeing that too, however the average for the top 100 1.76 Mil to 1.63 million.  Whats it all mean bazzle? Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WCfan

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:23:09 PM

I am so happy to see myself sliding down the distribution list...  That means people are buying in faster than me!  I'm not alone!!! Smiley

Haha, i've been keeping some data on the distribution over a week or so.  I have no idea what to make of it, other than, the coins are becoming more spread even, and mintpal sees about 1 Mil a day from its wallet to others.  The top 1000 addresses make up about 80% of thecoin dist. but that includes the exchanges.

here's a hint:
week ago top 100 started at 300k, yesterday it was already at 350k and rising, 360k today

Seeing that too, however the average for the top 100 1.76 Mil to 1.63 million.  Whats it all mean bazzle? Smiley

That means the distribution skew and kurtosis on the distribution tail is changing. Also, if you look at the 1000th entry, a week ago it was at 33k, now at >40k WC which suggests a concentration of WC to the top 1000 though that could also be explained by withdrawal from the exchanges to private wallets.
bitaxed

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:29:37 PM

it's coming from that others coins are pumed- dumped, and poeples need BTC to buy/sell those coins, so they sell their WC at any price to have BTC, and they hope to recover in other coins... some succeed, most fail ... and life goes on.

I agree. Day traders do it very often. If you think WC price is stable or going down, you can sell, go to another coin and then come back. The problem? In cryptos, prices rise quickly and go down slowly: un unpleasant behavior that drives us crazy  Grin I'm happily stacking WCs in my wallet. I want to increase my position with further cheap WCs. My objective is to breakeven selling a small portion of my coins AND I've no plan to sell the remaining ones any time soon. This is what I do but I understand the day traders' needs.
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:31:01 PM

another week and WC ll become from the past!
when WC ll go below 100, i'll distribute my x00 k wc for free  Grin
surfguy72

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:32:30 PM

I am so happy to see myself sliding down the distribution list...  That means people are buying in faster than me!  I'm not alone!!! Smiley

Haha, i've been keeping some data on the distribution over a week or so.  I have no idea what to make of it, other than, the coins are becoming more spread even, and mintpal sees about 1 Mil a day from its wallet to others.  The top 1000 addresses make up about 80% of thecoin dist. but that includes the exchanges.

here's a hint:

Seeing that too, however the average for the top 100 1.76 Mil to 1.63 million.  Whats it all mean bazzle? Smiley

That means the distribution skew and kurtosis on the distribution tail is changing. Also, if you look at the 1000th entry, a week ago it was at 33k, now at >40k WC which suggests a concentration of WC to the top 1000 though that could also be explained by withdrawal from the exchanges to private wallets.

I would agree thats what is suggests.  I did the quick numbers from 9-9, and seeing 2 million less in the top 1000 vs today.  Not a significant change in either direction.  With MP's wallet going down about 4 million, i guess half of that stayed in the top and the other half left?

We could go crazy doing this lol

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Captain-Karacho

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:18:50 PM

Another thing you have to remember is that Blackcoin went through the same thing that Whitecoin is going through now. It had a similar peak that topped out at 3500 satoshi and then crashed down to 500-600 satoshi for several weeks. The coin got revived with a new dev/multi pool and had a spike in interest where we recently saw the 95k+ satoshi pump. Keep in mind that Whitecoin is pretty much identical to BC other than the max available coins and higher stake interest. So far the trend has been similar, where we are at now is the same place Blackcoin was right before it took off.

And history is known to repeat itself Smiley
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:04:01 PM

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are pleased to release The WhiteCoin Foundation Paper for public review and consultation. We couldn't be more excited to share this with you. While a bit technical in nature, this is a detailed proposal to complete the process of becoming a completely community driven coin, and more. Some totally new approaches to both organization and market expansion are proposed. We're very much looking forward to the community's feedback. Once everyone has had some time to digest, debate, and make suggestions, we can move towards taking the next steps.

Best regards,

Chris Salsman
(mogonzo)

The WhiteCoin Foundation Paper

Author: Chris Salsman (mogonzo)

Abstract

This is a proposal for creating an enduring, inclusive, community driven, financially transparent cryptocurrency association with organically expanding mandates and goals: ‘The WhiteCoin Foundation’. The WhiteCoin Foundation’s root mandate would be the maintenance, development, and promotion of WhiteCoin. Rather than depending on a small group of individuals, the foundation would serve as a networking hub for any party with a vested interest. By employing democratic and merit based inclusion models, the foundation would be able to ensure the delivery of high quality services from a large pool of talent via organized and focused crowdsourcing. By using a near flat power-structure, peer review, and project based leadership methods, The WhiteCoin Foundation would become an enduring institution that encourages a constant flow of new talent. The WhiteCoin Foundation would also serve as a medium for assisting the community supporting the coin in starting new initiatives, leveraging them to recruit even more talent. This organization would then have the brand and means to deliver a service that goes beyond the simple operation of a coin. By pooling expertise in organizational leadership, security, code development, web development, and marketing, The WhiteCoin Foundation could then offer its collective services for payment. This payment in other currencies would then be used to buy cryptocurrency (beginning solely with WhiteCoin) and payout employees. By operating as a not for profit foundation, financial resources gathered could be distributed among members at high rates of pay for their work, among other possible benefits for future activity.  By embracing a community based inclusive approach that capitalizes on the profit motive, The WhiteCoin Foundation would then have the ability to become unbound by the current coding of WhiteCoin’s software, paving the way for future innovation and financial returns for all involved. These growing mandates would in turn support the primary cultural motivation of our industry and community: the expansion of crypocurrency’s adoption everywhere.

Table of Contents (sections)

1. Concepts & Background Information
2. The Purpose of the WhiteCoin Foundation
3. Proposed Structure of The WhiteCoin Foundation
4. Proposed WhiteCoin Foundation Roadmap

To view as a google drive document click here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Ja7uLnfgtoSGFCZGxNcU13Wk0/edit?usp=sharing

(download as pdf also available via the above link)

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:09:12 PM

@Mogonzo
Could you give me three reasons why WC now is so cheap?
Captain-Karacho

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:18:02 PM

@Mogonzo

three?
GAZK

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:31:41 PM

@Mogonzo

1. Buyers/Sellers control the price.  Therefore, WC is at the price people will currently pay.
2. See #1
3. Rule #1 ALWAYS applies.
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:44:48 PM

thanks fantastic answer that's am dreaming about!
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:04:31 PM

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are pleased to release The WhiteCoin Foundation Paper for public review and consultation. We couldn't be more excited to share this with you. While a bit technical in nature, this is a detailed proposal to complete the process of becoming a completely community driven coin, and more. Some totally new approaches to both organization and market expansion are proposed. We're very much looking forward to the community's feedback. Once everyone has had some time to digest, debate, and make suggestions, we can move towards taking the next steps.

Best regards,

Chris Salsman
(mogonzo)

Abstract

This is a proposal for creating an enduring, inclusive, community driven, financially transparent cryptocurrency association with organically expanding mandates and goals: ‘The WhiteCoin Foundation’. The WhiteCoin Foundation’s root mandate would be the maintenance, development, and promotion of WhiteCoin. Rather than depending on a small group of individuals, the foundation would serve as a networking hub for any party with a vested interest. By employing democratic and merit based inclusion models, the foundation would be able to ensure the delivery of high quality services from a large pool of talent via organized and focused crowdsourcing. By using a near flat power-structure, peer review, and project based leadership methods, The WhiteCoin Foundation would become an enduring institution that encourages a constant flow of new talent. The WhiteCoin Foundation would also serve as a medium for assisting the community supporting the coin in starting new initiatives, leveraging them to recruit even more talent. This organization would then have the brand and means to deliver a service that goes beyond the simple operation of a coin. By pooling expertise in organizational leadership, security, code development, web development, and marketing, The WhiteCoin Foundation could then offer its collective services for payment. This payment in other currencies would then be used to buy cryptocurrency (beginning solely with WhiteCoin) and payout employees. By operating as a not for profit foundation, financial resources gathered could be distributed among members at high rates of pay for their work, among other possible benefits for future activity.  By embracing a community based inclusive approach that capitalizes on the profit motive, The WhiteCoin Foundation would then have the ability to become unbound by the current coding of WhiteCoin’s software, paving the way for future innovation and financial returns for all involved. These growing mandates would in turn support the primary cultural motivation of our industry and community: the expansion of crypocurrency’s adoption everywhere.

Table of Contents (sections)

1. Concepts & Background Information
2. The Purpose of the WhiteCoin Foundation
3. Proposed Structure of The WhiteCoin Foundation
4. Proposed WhiteCoin Foundation Roadmap

To view as a google drive document click here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Ja7uLnfgtoSGFCZGxNcU13Wk0/edit?usp=sharing

Mogonzo, first of all this is great!  A wonderful way to get people thinking outside the box...and really working toward something that could really be a benefit to all investors. 

Question - Could you give a real world example of how the workflow would work for a particular project.  For instance, the much need facelift and unifying of the Whitecoin brand across the multiple websites. How would you suggest this would work - from identifying a project manager to final product...allowing for community involvement, but also allowing for prompt turnaround.
surfguy72

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Best regards,

Chris Salsman
(mogonzo)

Abstract

Mogonzo, first of all this is great!  A wonderful way to get people thinking outside the box...and really working toward something that could really be a benefit to all investors. 

Question - Could you give a real world example of how the workflow would work for a particular project.  For instance, the much need facelift and unifying of the Whitecoin brand across the multiple websites. How would you suggest this would work - from identifying a project manager to final product...allowing for community involvement, but also allowing for prompt turnaround.

Fair question indeed.  But this is where I think the community begins to pick up, and Mongonzo starts becoming a coordinator not necessarily a president/dictator/etc. (not the best metaphor really lol)

By creating functional teams, we will be able to address exactly what you are addressing.  The PR/Communications team would identify key links, info that would be preferred to be on the sites and disseminate that to the owners of those sites.

Or.  do we create one site and all the rest point to it?

Or...?

I'm looking to Mongonzo for some answers in this transformation period, but this stuff is up to the community to deciede.  When drastic measures are needed to take place in a quick time, maybe we should have some authority levels, and then post decision transparency.

The possibilities are endless!  This is like the US creating its constitution (or French Magna Carta, or other docs in history) we have to make rules and outlines out we will govern ourselves before we can begin the act of governing.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:52:31 PM

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Best regards,

Chris Salsman
(mogonzo)

Abstract

Fair question indeed.  But this is where I think the community begins to pick up, and Mongonzo starts becoming a coordinator not necessarily a president/dictator/etc. (not the best metaphor really lol)

By creating functional teams, we will be able to address exactly what you are addressing.  The PR/Communications team would identify key links, info that would be preferred to be on the sites and disseminate that to the owners of those sites.

Or.  do we create one site and all the rest point to it?

Or...?

I'm looking to Mongonzo for some answers in this transformation period, but this stuff is up to the community to deciede.  When drastic measures are needed to take place in a quick time, maybe we should have some authority levels, and then post decision transparency.

The possibilities are endless!  This is like the US creating its constitution (or French Magna Carta, or other docs in history) we have to make rules and outlines out we will govern ourselves before we can begin the act of governing.

Exactly surfguy72...!

This is a great goal, but seems to be maybe a week or so from implementation.  There are things that need to get DONE.  And the committee approach might be too time consuming for what we need ASAP.  Like for instance, this branding/facelift issue. This needs to happen...yesterday. We need to put a singular, professional message that this coin is new, different through community, and thereby more valuable than our competition.   But, this is going to take the person with the keys to the kingdom (usernames/passwords) to organize and get that done.

I'm sure there are other issues like this, but I use this as an example that time is of the essence. Once these cornerstone issues are resolved, than moving to a committee/community structure makes more sense.   
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: