Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:09:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759175 times)
mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:18:00 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

A question for the community. I have a friend willing to help me shoot some up close and personal videos so we could have someone talking about WhiteCoin in plain language for people. Is this something that would interest the community?

I was thinking I could either do a "walk and talk" video through downtown, or maybe something more casual of me sitting in the living room or out at the cottage.

What do you think?

Get some hot model in a thong to do it, we'll get some youtube hits then.

platinum blonde in white bikinis Grin

Or cute animals  Cheesy

Hah, I'll do what I can, maybe try to get an attractive lady friend in a white dress somewhere in the shoot. I refuse to say the morpheus line tho Tongue

On a more serious note, I couldn't be happier this guy has agreed to help us. He has dynamite equipment, can shoot in high def, has editing skills, owns lighting and sound equipment, and even owns a teleprompter.

So in concept we're thinking that we'll have a prepared script where I am explaining why whitecoin is awesome as I walk through the city, I'll repeat the script five times so that as different parts of the talk match different backgrounds we will switch. For example:

"Our coin is meant to appeal to average people." <-- scene in a park
"And to industry." <-- I wave my hands and a shipyard appears behind me.

We're thinking at this point between writing, shooting, editing, and release, it'll take about two weeks or less to make a high quality video like that. What do you think?

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:45:56 PM

for tevayo

http://s30.postimg.org/5r6eivhdt/whitecoin_xa.png

http://s23.postimg.org/pwyihy1uj/whitecoin_x.png

Grin
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:56:15 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

A question for the community. I have a friend willing to help me shoot some up close and personal videos so we could have someone talking about WhiteCoin in plain language for people. Is this something that would interest the community?

I was thinking I could either do a "walk and talk" video through downtown, or maybe something more casual of me sitting in the living room or out at the cottage.

What do you think?

Or cute animals  Cheesy

Hah, I'll do what I can, maybe try to get an attractive lady friend in a white dress somewhere in the shoot. I refuse to say the morpheus line tho Tongue

On a more serious note, I couldn't be happier this guy has agreed to help us. He has dynamite equipment, can shoot in high def, has editing skills, owns lighting and sound equipment, and even owns a teleprompter.

So in concept we're thinking that we'll have a prepared script where I am explaining why whitecoin is awesome as I walk through the city, I'll repeat the script five times so that as different parts of the talk match different backgrounds we will switch. For example:

We're thinking at this point between writing, shooting, editing, and release, it'll take about two weeks or less to make a high quality video like that. What do you think?

Love it!

In addition, I think passing through a farmers market, or local business would be a good scene.  Every time I go to an antiques show, farmers market, small business, cash only business, and the like, i always think "you know theres a better option now right?"  Using your cell to transfer crypto is baller.  (Prolly add that app to the list of to do's haha)

But overall, I think is a good and "safe" idea.  I mean safe as in, there's nothing too crazy, edgy or viral about it.  But having a good explanation video allows us to have a tool to post, and share to explain with WhiteCoin is different, and possibly a bit on POS.  In total support, and i'm sure the community will help with the editing of the script / talking points.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
eddienova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:26:00 PM

Hi eddienova,

Thanks for taking your time to write here and I truly hope you will continue to support this coin.

I think everything you say makes perfect sense and I have been thinking along the same lines as you do. I have also invested a lot into this coin for the long-term and I have just kept buying as the price went lower and lower.

When I started to work with the task of re-branding the Whitecoin logo (http://whitecoinfoundation.org/) when no one else was up for the task, I quickly realized that it was harder than I thought. So first of all, white is as most people know not your typical color and as you can see with the logo submissions for the competition (http://wc.oizopower.nl/vote/) you can clearly see that some participants struggle to even include any white at all.

So what is really the color white? When I started to think about that, the one thing that came to my mind was lightning. Lightning has that pure white light. White light is what the human eye sees when all the colors that make up the visible light spectrum are combined. Technically the color white is therefor all colors combined.

Anyway so my idea has a lot to do with your concerns, because I wanted to give the word White a meaning that was the total opposite of ignorant beliefs such as "white supremacy". White is not a color, it is ALL colors. I took the idea of lightning and encapsulated it in an orb and it turned out to be great as an icon for the software as well (remember Whitecoin is first of all a software). Now I am sure the concept could be improved further and even possible to animate in 3D for a loading screen (something I have started to look at, but we will have to wait until the community decides what it wants to do) for the software and such. But anyway if you embrace this kind of idea, that white light is all colors, I think we get quite far away from a racist image.

That said, I still understand the concern with the name and if it was up to me I would change the name to Lightcoin (but that would give us another problem I guess!) -- but that's another reason I focused on the energy ball as a logo, it gives us that flexibility should we ever want to change. When you think of branding, a group's logo often does not mirror the name but is more a reflection of that group's culture.

--

I want to again thank you for supporting this coin and if you haven't already, you should join our official IRC channel (#WhitecoinFoundation @ Freenode) to discuss and keep yourself updated. For anyone reading this that doesn't know how to access the chat with an IRC client, you can also use this page: http://whitecoinfoundation.org/chat.html.

Hey Xip,

Really great perspective. Thank you. Yours and other comments (Malbee) I've found very enlightening. I stand corrected, quite happily.

I'd like to add that Mogonzo is dead-on in regards to your logo and its affect on the market during the midst of the crisis:

Do you remember how the market reacted to its initial release a few weeks ago?

I was among those who, after seeing that logo, felt that the folks working behind the scenes at Whitecoin have an inspiring vision. I'm still buying daily. I look forward to following (and hopefully contributing to) the creativity that unfolds over the coming years.

I do hope your logo ends up representing the brand ... but I also hope that doesn't mean the other three logos in the finals disappear either. I'm sure I'm not the only one that loves each of the four logos.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:29:47 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

What do you think?

Or cute animals  Cheesy

What is your true target market? It's sounds like you are doing something within the construct or your existing space. If so, is that America? England? Russia? You should determine that first --and then decide how to script IMO. If America, 4th July coming up. They have White in the Red and Blue...no drk or black...

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:01:35 PM

if there's a lake with white swans, a scene with a lady in white feeding them :p
although this would work better if the W logo was "swan" shaped (where is morphs into/from swan)
(should have designed one, too late now)

edit:
whipped up one in a few minutes to see how it would look like:

that is actually rather clever....

however i still think a bunch of hot bubble butt models in white thongs - would get way more hits on youtube.  I guess this is not the image we are after though... so unofficial would be okay

Perhaps we can have an official and unofficial video. See which gets more interest.

Also any word on the anon whiteout feature? is this not on the cards yet or is something in the pipeline with regard anon tx?

tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:06:09 PM

Hello, I have asked mimenace that will post your logo with the final touches.
I realize the final round of voting is underway but after the controversies arising from the voting system and the belief that the logo we choose must be final and must choose for the sake of the currency that best represents you.
I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings, but as a long-term investor, I am concerned about some things I've read about the logos that are in the final.
The logo we choose must be free of all suspicion.
I think WC has a large community can discuss any issue that arises and the only thing I ask is that opineis this logo and the possibility of including it in the final vote.
Best Regards
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:07:38 PM

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:18:03 PM

I realize the final round of voting is underway but after the controversies arising from the voting system and the belief that the logo we choose must be final and must choose for the sake of the currency that best represents you.
I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings, but as a long-term investor, I am concerned about some things I've read about the logos that are in the final.
I think WC has a large community can discuss any issue that arises and the only thing I ask is that opineis this logo and the possibility of including it in the final vote.
Best Regards
Best Regards

I like the W in this coin and think is represents the brand well. I guess that is a starting point...

surfguy72

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:22:34 AM

Less than 2 days!

WhiteCoin Logo Contest

http://wc.oizopower.nl/vote/

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:51:18 AM

When Whitecoin start to rise from the ashes, the wealth of having a few million worth of these is going to be ridiculous. Not sure there is another coin out there you can buy so cheap and yet have faith in the DEV of the coin. WC has been through all that and the other folks that are bitter are those that sold and took a loss. Everyone knows you never sell to take a lost. Once smart investor's see the potential here, no doubt moon.

mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:37:23 PM

Hey WhiteCoiners!

There's only 1 day left in voting on the new branding, that means we are rapidly approaching the next chapter in WhiteCoin. Once we have decided as a community on our brand, that brand will be seamlessly integrated into all foundation products. We expect that process to take approximately 7-10 days. This seamless re-branding will take place across a number of outlets, including:

• The WhiteCoin Wallet
  • The WhiteCoin Foundation Website
  • BTC Ann
  • Social Media Outlets
  • And more

We are hoping to time this re-branding with our full registration as an association.

I'm also happy to report that since the WhiteCoin Foundation has started its contract with ChunkyPools, we've seen a growth of over 300% in one week alone!

Thanks again for everything WhiteCoiners, you're awesome.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
DrxRog

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:11:32 PM

Huh can someone explain this pos thingy im the simplest words pls . my wallet is confussing me . 1st it said i will get rewarded in 4 hours!!.  i didnt. now it says i will be rewarded in 518 days seriously? or am i missing something here ?
surfguy72

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:30:43 PM

Huh can someone explain this pos thingy im the simplest words pls . my wallet is confussing me . 1st it said i will get rewarded in 4 hours!!.  i didnt. now it says i will be rewarded in 518 days seriously? or am i missing something here ?

Please check out http://whitecoin.info/news/faqs/ and see if your questions are there.  If not, post them here and we might just need to add them there.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

I have had a few folks tell be that Mint is manipulating the WC market (or bot) whereas you are not being allowed to sell over 124-126 range and not allowed to buy under  123-125 range, thereby eliminating all trade (orders). I did a little test and found this to be true and will unfortunately need to warn my investment group this is going on and turn to another coin. Anyone else see this or have an explanation?

mediogreFIN

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:55:08 PM

That could be possible but there are many ways that bot is going to "fail" it's purpose.

1) You could buy at 123 and wait another exchange to have better price, mover WC there and sell them (there might be a change to do some abridging maybe)

2) so if community would focus buys in mintpal the cheap whitecoins would end up in hands of community so bot could't block/wall in that way anymore.. i a sense that bot would "end up out of ammo" eventually

I can't believe that whoever done that bot that he/she has taken over every exchange.. even if he/she has there is a change to trade in private 1on1

I just wonder why was that bot made.. it makes so small profits.. does the maker of that bot want btc, wc or does he/she just want to prolong something?
DrxRog

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:03:39 PM

Please check out http://whitecoin.info/news/faqs/ and see if your questions are there.  If not, post them here and we might just need to add them there.

i had a quick look at the faqs . the explanations seems to be a bit general and needs to be more detailed and direct so people can know exactly what to expect . all i know is my wallet says i have a wheight of 28/19000000 and i have just under 90k coins in the wallet , why such a long time for the reward or whatever you would call it 518 days is almost 2 years. and also does my wallet have to remain open for this to work properly. cause 2 years is a long time to be expected to keep the pc on o0.  clear and deatailed explanation anyone? concerning only whitecoin pos i dont care about bc. maybe we can put the best explanation up for all to see for future refferences .  
poopypants

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:12:25 PM

i had a quick look at the faqs . the explanations seems to be a bit general and needs to be more detailed and direct so people can know exactly what to expect . all i know is my wallet says i have a wheight of 28/19000000 and i have just under 90k coins in the wallet , why such a long time for the reward or whatever you would call it 518 days is almost 2 years. and also does my wallet have to remain open for this to work properly. cause 2 years is a long time to be expected to keep the pc on o0.  clear and deatailed explanation anyone? concerning only whitecoin pos i dont care about bc. maybe we can put the best explanation up for all to see for future refferences .  

Wallet does not need to remain open, just unlocked when you open it if you have it encrypted.  The coins will gain age as they sit in your wallet, the more age they have, longer you hold them, the higher your weight is and the quicker they will mint.  I open my wallet once a week for an hour or two then close and repeat next week.  You do not loose anything or gain anything by having the wallet open all the time, or just opening it every once in a while.  It all relies on how old the coins are that you have in your wallet, once they stake it resets those coins age and they start collecting age again. Dont rely on the estimated time till staking as it is not always accurate, just a estimate.

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
DrxRog

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:21:25 PM

Wallet does not need to remain open, just unlocked when you open it if you have it encrypted.  The coins will gain age as they sit in your wallet, the more age they have, longer you hold them, the higher your weight is and the quicker they will mint.  I open my wallet once a week for an hour or two then close and repeat next week.  You do not loose anything or gain anything by having the wallet open all the time, or just opening it every once in a while.  It all relies on how old the coins are that you have in your wallet, once they stake it resets those coins age and they start collecting age again. Dont rely on the estimated time till staking as it is not always accurate, just a estimate.
[/quote]

thanks bro i was worried wallet needed to stay open cause at one point the estimated time for reward said 4 hours, but the next time i opened the wallet on the same day it said 518 days. so i was a lil confusing has long has evrything is working fine all is well.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:07:55 PM

That could be possible but there are many ways that bot is going to "fail" it's purpose.

1) You could buy at 123 and wait another exchange to have better price, mover WC there and sell them (there might be a change to do some abridging maybe)

2) so if community would focus buys in mintpal the cheap whitecoins would end up in hands of community so bot could't block/wall in that way anymore.. i a sense that bot would "end up out of ammo" eventually

I can't believe that whoever done that bot that he/she has taken over every exchange.. even if he/she has there is a change to trade in private 1on1

I just wonder why was that bot made.. it makes so small profits.. does the maker of that bot want btc, wc or does he/she just want to prolong something?

Those are great answers. Seems like they want to manipulate the lower prices for the miners with that new chunky thing, which I get, but that is not transparent to the traders, so I'm most likely going to have my investment team go trade back on XC and BC until this gets resolved. Your answers are spot on.

Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: