Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358874 times)
Asgard666

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:58:40 PM

At current diff, is it better to use the multipool or the regular pool?
Or it's about the same?
pandacoin-official (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

Or it's about the same?

You should be able to get out about the same.

Asgard666

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:21:13 PM

Or it's about the same?

You should be able to get out about the same.

I see, thanks
bdanyo

Activity: 322

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 10:38:33 PM

1 month Pandacoin (PND) market capitalization charts looks pretty neat with upwards trajectory.

Asgard666

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:41:12 PM

1 month Pandacoin (PND) market capitalization charts looks pretty neat with upwards trajectory.

https://i.imgur.com/T4wG7Tg.png

Nice, PND is really going forward.
Or I should say upwards
bdanyo

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 10:43:32 PM

Our development team always had plans to start these fundraising initiatives, but were initially planned for a later stage when our community grows. But hey since now it's been mentioned by members of this awesome community, why not start now!?

Regarding the adopt a panda charity cause on behalf of Pandacoin (PND), we could always start small and raise funds for a campaign such as http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Panda.aspx .

Meanwhile anyone that is interested in helping out with these worthy causes in preserving the remaining 1600 of these cute animals, we could start a Pandacoin (PND) Charity Foundation where we initially raise awareness amongst this community and raise funds for giant panda causes, and later expand to other charitable areas.

We would start a blog tracking and updating the community with progress relating to all our charitable efforts, and if the foundation efforts grows, eventually have their own website.

When our community grows larger and funds raised would increase, the development team always had plans to reach out to one of the following charities in order to establish a long term sponsorship relationship with our yet-to-be-formed charity foundation:

http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/
http://www.giant-panda-trust.org/
http://www.pandasinternational.org/
http://charitypanda.com/

What does the community think about this? Who is interested in helping out the charity foundation? Let us know your thoughts!

Shameless bump. Have your say about Pandacoin (PND) potentially adopting a panda with WWF!

IRC: #PandacoinPND on freenode.net

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PandacoinPND
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pandacoin.PND
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/PandacoinPND

bdanyo

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:26:13 PM

Looking forward to the development of the adoption, I love pandas (that's why this coin initially caught my eye), my ex gf was to do some volunteering with pandas in Shichuan once, but events of life have unfortunately prevented that.

I was thinking, maybe a good idea for the adoption of PND in Asia would be implementing a builtin privacy features, like maybe Tor.

With the recent chinese government crackdown on cryptocurrencies, if I were chinese I'd think twice before dealing with crytpos now.
Adding a "Tor by default" feature would at least conceal that I'm running a wallet and exchanging the currency, and maybe it could be set up in a way that anybody could use it without special knowledge (like Tor Browser, for example)

There are obviously some more thought to put into it. Like is Tor even in use in China? Can it pierce the Great Firewall? When my gf was in Beijing she used some obscure proxy programs to connect with the internet outside, but mostly that's a thing only foreigners deal with, because they know there won't be consequences.

What do you think? It obviously is not #1 prority right now, with the PoS coming up, but anyway.
There was also someone suggesting I2P as an alternative, can somebody shed some light on it?

hi im of chinese national but am working in hk. here my thoughts -

avg chinese would not know how to use tor. but it is inbuilt with wallet diff story. only tech inclined will use proxy to access banned websites

re: chinese thinking twice with dealing with crypto, this is the situation in china. government on official front is putting a stop to it, however look at fiatleak.com and you see that china is buying btc rapidly still.

why? with growing wealth of chinese bourgeois class, many are starting to be aware of impending economic recession in china. tell tale signs inc:

-chinse gov manipulation of yuan. 12% gdp growth is bs 10 years in a row
-chinese real estate bubble similar to u.s americans situation in 2007

china now is simiar to u.s situation in 2008 with potential fiat problem. i feel china is ready to adopt crypto to deal with yuan crashing, thats why i buy some pnd pandacoin.

other option is asiacoin, but its scamcoin, with 2 week mining period creating 45% coins for devs and small group people + bs 100% pos interest after. i like pnd due to symbol of panda, no premine or ipo.

Pretty much the same reasons how I got interested in Pandacoin (PND) and eventually got involved as a development team member in the first place.

The symbolism behind the coin is paramount to increase chances of widespread adoption and giving it the extra viral-factor (see doge). Asiacoin lacks that aspect, even if we choose to give it some legitimacy as a potential competitor if we choose to disregard how they unfairly launched and is now perceived as a scam.

pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:16:10 AM

Removed some stale links from the OP.

PandogeRICH

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:25:55 AM

I cant wait for PoS  Grin

Definitely going to protect against asics. The devs are awesome and the future looks bright. Cant wait to see what comes on PND!
mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:40:02 AM

Pretty much the same reasons how I got interested in Pandacoin (PND) and eventually got involved as a development team member in the first place.

The symbolism behind the coin is paramount to increase chances of widespread adoption and giving it the extra viral-factor (see doge). Asiacoin lacks that aspect, even if we choose to give it some legitimacy as a potential competitor if we choose to disregard how they unfairly launched and is now perceived as a scam.
We were discussing some things in IRC, and this popped out again.

So obviously Tor anonymizes your traffic, but since we have a public ledger (the blockchain), it's only one part of the story, because all transactions are tracable.
On the other hand just having coinmixing (and no anonimization) would sell off the fact that you run the wallet and send/recieve transactions.

So to have a complete solution to this problem we should have both a traffic anonymizer (like Tor) and something like coinmixing or such.

I genuinely believe that nobody would be able to trace coiners with this, as long as they explicitly don't say so in public (like posting their address on a forum/social media with an account linked to their name).
The NSA stated in their secret documents that they have a hard time tracing people on Tor. They are only able to deanonymize people that they are actively after, without 100% success rate.
If we had both Tor and coinmixing, it would take the difficulty (for them) to a whole new level.

WenBo, is Tor used in China (I mean by people who care to set it up?)

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:47:31 AM

So obviously Tor anonymizes your traffic, but since we have a public ledger (the blockchain), it's only one part of the story, because all transactions are tracable.
On the other hand just having coinmixing (and no anonimization) would sell off the fact that you run the wallet and send/recieve transactions.

So to have a complete solution to this problem we should have both a traffic anonymizer (like Tor) and something like coinmixing or such.

I genuinely believe that nobody would be able to trace coiners with this, as long as they explicitly don't say so in public (like posting their address on a forum/social media with an account linked to their name).
The NSA stated in their secret documents that they have a hard time tracing people on Tor. They are only able to deanonymize people that they are actively after, without 100% success rate.
If we had both Tor and coinmixing, it would take the difficulty (for them) to a whole new level.

What I'm interested about is the developement of Darksend. I think this would be the first candidate when considering adding a feature that provides additional anonymity.

WenBo

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:37:07 AM

combination of tor/vpn and proxy. but tor is for more tech inclined for chinese usually. see: https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-partially-blocked-china

having anonymizer tech inbuilt will give this coin higher chance of chinese adoption and usage. as pandacoin-official said darksend might be option, is that good enough anonimization?
seaantel

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:50:20 AM

I cant wait for PoS  Grin

Definitely going to protect against asics. The devs are awesome and the future looks bright. Cant wait to see what comes on PND!

Me too. Dev does great job.PND will have a bright future.
bdanyo

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 06:05:01 AM

The Pandacoin (PND) development team is proud to announce that we have a new Chinese member joining us! He lives in China, and will help us market the coin over in the East.

He goes by the alias of 'PND-Chinese' here on bitcointalk.

Look forward to upcoming Chinese version of our homepage, our own PND Chinese forum and being listed on Chinese exchanges for starters! We have many exciting plans to push for Chinese adoption of Pandacoin (PND) Smiley

Thrillho

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 06:24:52 AM

I am, what do I need to do?

No seriously how can I help?

Do you know any miners that do not know about PND yet?

+all of the 1's

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/
WenBo

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:29:24 AM

The Pandacoin (PND) development team is proud to announce that we have a new Chinese member joining us! He lives in China, and will help us market the coin over in the East.

Look forward to upcoming Chinese version of our homepage, our own PND Chinese forum and being listed on Chinese exchanges for starters! We have many exciting plans to push for Chinese adoption of Pandacoin (PND) Smiley

right step in right direction. if pnd traded against chinese yuan or hk dollar...this will explode
mtrycz

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:30:54 AM

This is SUCH GOOD NEWS!

mtrycz

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:55:06 AM

For my part, I'm developing a service exclusive to PND, which you can find here: 1dash.net

It's a user defined dashboard. What this means is that, instead of having data thrown at you, you choose what data you want to see, and the layout with which you want to see them. It's designed with ease of use in mind, you can just drag&drop and resize your panels whichever way you like.

1# Update!

This is a usability update.

Price charts now have data groupings. This means that if you have a small chart with lots of data (eg. Kraken data is updated each minute) it will display the data grouped by, for example,  a 10 miute span.
Larger charts will still show data with more granularity.

If you have problems with viewing the updates, force-refresh the page (ctrl+f5)

Have fun!

creamynebula

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:18:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfLkV0eZ200

I hear that what made this panda upset was the fact that there wasnt several billions of scrypt hash functions being computed every second to look for hidden PND in the bamboohay, I hope you are doing your best to reverse this, we dont want things to escalate further.
mtrycz

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:21:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfLkV0eZ200

I hear that what made this panda upset was the fact that there wasnt several billions of scrypt hash functions being computed every second to look for hidden PND in the bamboohay, I hope you are doing your best to reverse this, we dont want things to escalate further.
Don't make the panda angry. You won't like him when he's angry.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: