Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we take on Frycoin as an innovation experimentation coin?
Yes - 13 (52%)
No - 9 (36%)
No opinion - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED...  (Read 37366 times)
pterion2910

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:37:56 PM

I would suggest voltcoin.

Bitrated user: frisb.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:39:04 PM

Count me in to help out on the Technical board Smiley

Thanks man! I will add you to the OP!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:40:34 PM

I would suggest voltcoin.

I think that one still has a dedicated dev, right?

pterion2910

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:47:37 PM

One guy named soopy45200 @bitcointalk is considering it.May be you can give him a helping hand. @Jonesd https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790

Bitrated user: frisb.
wosch

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:54:42 PM

I would like to see a revival of stories STY.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451343.0
Very nice concept. But Dev wasn't seen for more than a month.
Obfuscode

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:01:14 PM

Great idea!

Obfuscode.net's team will gladly support you!

We're in ingoing contact with jonesd and will always provide a fast, stable and reliable pool for the 'revived' coins!
The entire development-team will help out where possible!

+1 ! Smiley
Omega6

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 04:12:30 PM

I am not sure about even the word foundation, it looks more like a Corporation everyday and is heavily linked to monetary investment.

The community as a whole, as in everyone on the planet, should be able to not only freely voice their opinion on any coin, even Bitcoin SHA256, not have their constructive posts either deleted without a thought or even to the extreme of bans; those kind of actions are the main reason we don't trust our own governments.

What we cannot do is decide on if a Crypto-Currency can me made, anyone can now make a coin and nobody should or be able to stop them, however it depends on the situation and Bitcoin Scrypt is a good example.

I knew that when I released Bitcoin Scrypt that the negativity for it would be overwhelming, it got so bad that any post regarding Bitcoin Scrypt got banned on this forum but after adult discussions were made, it was officially unbanned and can now be freely spoken about.

Bitcoin Scrypt has a huge following, the financial backing from not just myself but investors from Russia and China, it's global hash hovers around 1 billion, it has a new client release coming out making it easier to mine, the Dev team is actually the whole community, not an actual team or person. BTCS core principles are for it to always remain decentralized and in the hands of the people and not being manipulated by corporations, money and greed.

This is the big point that needs to be addressed:

Website Currency Equality, some example:

http://www.coindesk.com -It has the sub heading "The Voice of Digital Currency" so this should be a great website to find out about ALL digital currencies or at least digital currencies that show some innovation or might be of interest to the public?

Try and find one single article about Bitcoin Scrypt, if anyone can find a post on that website that mentions "Bitcoin Scrypt" which is referencing the Crypto-Currency directly then I will send the first user to PM me the link for the post 100 BTCS, it would take a long time to mine that many at the current difficulty of 132.

On the same website hover over the NEWS menu link, notice that its says Altcoins, Litecoin, Dogecoin. What does that mean? So suddenly Litecoin and Dogecoin are no longer Alternative Currencies?

This brings up the most important question of all, what is an Alternative Currency?

One meaning of the word Alternative - "(of one or more things) available as another possibility or choice"

Choice being the word many community members are concerned about and the whole reason I created Bitcoin Scrypt in the first place, to give the community another choice when it comes to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the item, the substance, the recipe - Bitcoin SHA256 and Bitcoin Scrypt are just two different brands, just like Pepsi and Coke, OSX and Linux, if you go back in history long enough all these things will have come from the same thing.

This is just one example, of one website deciding for itself which Crypto-Currencies should be popular and which should not, to increase popularity of something, the knowledge of that something existing needs to be shared and this sharing of knowledge is one of the main problems holding many fantastic innovations back.

The above is my opinion and this post can be treated only as such.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:28:22 PM

Great idea!

Obfuscode.net's team will gladly support you!

We're in ingoing contact with jonesd and will always provide a fast, stable and reliable pool for the 'revived' coins!
The entire development-team will help out where possible!

+1 ! Smiley

Great to have your team on board! Smiley

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:33:07 PM

I am not sure about even the word foundation, it looks more like a Corporation everyday and is heavily linked to monetary investment.

The community as a whole, as in everyone on the planet, should be able to not only freely voice their opinion on any coin, even Bitcoin SHA256, not have their constructive posts either deleted without a thought or even to the extreme of bans; those kind of actions are the main reason we don't trust our own governments.

What we cannot do is decide on if a Crypto-Currency can me made, anyone can now make a coin and nobody should or be able to stop them, however it depends on the situation and Bitcoin Scrypt is a good example.

I knew that when I released Bitcoin Scrypt that the negativity for it would be overwhelming, it got so bad that any post regarding Bitcoin Scrypt got banned on this forum but after adult discussions were made, it was officially unbanned and can now be freely spoken about.

Bitcoin Scrypt has a huge following, the financial backing from not just myself but investors from Russia and China, it's global hash hovers around 1 billion, it has a new client release coming out making it easier to mine, the Dev team is actually the whole community, not an actual team or person. BTCS core principles are for it to always remain decentralized and in the hands of the people and not being manipulated by corporations, money and greed.

This is the big point that needs to be addressed:

Website Currency Equality, some example:

http://www.coindesk.com -It has the sub heading "The Voice of Digital Currency" so this should be a great website to find out about ALL digital currencies or at least digital currencies that show some innovation or might be of interest to the public?

Try and find one single article about Bitcoin Scrypt, if anyone can find a post on that website that mentions "Bitcoin Scrypt" which is referencing the Crypto-Currency directly then I will send the first user to PM me the link for the post 100 BTCS, it would take a long time to mine that many at the current difficulty of 132.

On the same website hover over the NEWS menu link, notice that its says Altcoins, Litecoin, Dogecoin. What does that mean? So suddenly Litecoin and Dogecoin are no longer Alternative Currencies?

This brings up the most important question of all, what is an Alternative Currency?

One meaning of the word Alternative - "(of one or more things) available as another possibility or choice"

Choice being the word many community members are concerned about and the whole reason I created Bitcoin Scrypt in the first place, to give the community another choice when it comes to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the item, the substance, the recipe - Bitcoin SHA256 and Bitcoin Scrypt are just two different brands, just like Pepsi and Coke, OSX and Linux, if you go back in history long enough all these things will have come from the same thing.

This is just one example, of one website deciding for itself which Crypto-Currencies should be popular and which should not, to increase popularity of something, the knowledge of that something existing needs to be shared and this sharing of knowledge is one of the main problems holding many fantastic innovations back.

The above is my opinion and this post can be treated only as such.

Thanks for your lengthy post, but I'm afraid people will not read it whilst it is very interesting. From this I get a couple of important principles:
- Freedom of speech (no censorship)
- Community-driven like Bitcoin
- Altcoin is maybe a temporary name (might become just currency)
- Current platforms should have less power.

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:35:28 PM

I would like to see a revival of stories STY.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451343.0
Very nice concept. But Dev wasn't seen for more than a month.

I will add it Smiley

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:37:43 PM

One guy named soopy45200 @bitcointalk is considering it.May be you can give him a helping hand. @Jonesd https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790

Thanks for the tip! I will notify them and see if we can get them involved. Smiley

Omega6

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:05:20 PM

If something is interesting then people will read it.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:24:32 PM

If something is interesting then people will read it.

Just wanted to make sure they got the gist Smiley

pikimunga

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:17:52 AM

Please consider adding 66 coin, not really dead but I've been trying to revive the comunity for the past 6 weeks, we have been screwed by cryptorush twice (we were listed there), price was on the rise and so was network hashrate, now some of us have coins stuck there, we'll see if they get restored! Interest is already on the rise and hashrate is slowly getting restored, development active (I have taken development over a while ago, after seeing that the coin was abandoned), we're running polls, giveaways, had a new forum and a new exchange added in just the past week!
What we need help with is marketing, advertising and getting accepted as a payment method somewhere!

That's an interesting coin, indeed. Would you be willing to contribute to the foundation in general with your revival skills? Your coin might be one of the upcoming coins selected. Do you have ownership of the github?
Sorry for late reply, was a busy day yesterday for me, yes I have ownership of the new github (most people already know to get it from there). I also got shared privileges on facebook from a member of the community and the password to their twitter, but the website is out of my control and has not been updated in months. I also have moderator privileges on new forum and cryptocointalk!
I would help with other coins especially if someone else took some of the burden of me, it's a lot to maintain all those forums and twitter and facebook and to send a mail/private message to every service we have everytime I make an update to the wallet! I'd prefer to be on the code writing part of things and let the social stuff to be handled by someone else!

66 Pool 0% fees, 0.5% default donation, support development of 66 coin by donating to 66 address: 1Ls16L4c4HBffi2xCJXjF7kpD9iVqyzJWY
66 coin forum
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 05:48:14 AM

I don't understand exactly what you do, but GPU coin is a scrypt-N coin (so the asics won't kill it and multipools wont rape it),
and the dev has been AWOL. It has a huge following over 400 pages, maybe 500 pages of people wanting this coin
to be promoted.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money