Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we take on Frycoin as an innovation experimentation coin?
Yes - 13 (52%)
No - 9 (36%)
No opinion - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED...  (Read 37368 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:30:04 AM

isn't this like dumping your shit again?
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:32:31 AM

?

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
pikimunga

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:36:35 AM

Please consider adding 66 coin, not really dead but I've been trying to revive the comunity for the past 6 weeks, we have been screwed by cryptorush twice (we were listed there), price was on the rise and so was network hashrate, now some of us have coins stuck there, we'll see if they get restored! Interest is already on the rise and hashrate is slowly getting restored, development active (I have taken development over a while ago, after seeing that the coin was abandoned), we're running polls, giveaways, had a new forum and a new exchange added in just the past week!
What we need help with is marketing, advertising and getting accepted as a payment method somewhere!

That's an interesting coin, indeed. Would you be willing to contribute to the foundation in general with your revival skills? Your coin might be one of the upcoming coins selected. Do you have ownership of the github?
Sorry for late reply, was a busy day yesterday for me, yes I have ownership of the new github (most people already know to get it from there). I also got shared privileges on facebook from a member of the community and the password to their twitter, but the website is out of my control and has not been updated in months. I also have moderator privileges on new forum and cryptocointalk!
I would help with other coins especially if someone else took some of the burden of me, it's a lot to maintain all those forums and twitter and facebook and to send a mail/private message to every service we have everytime I make an update to the wallet! I'd prefer to be on the code writing part of things and let the social stuff to be handled by someone else!

It would be great if we could have a network to let things like that run much smoother indeed. Also things like github and coin websites would be much easier if we would work together. Smiley

What are your specific skills?
C/C++, I know some php but totally hate working with it, I can fix coins, update wallets and implement new features. But the social side of things is killing me.
I also have a server rented where I run my pool and may get additional ones if needed to host websites, but I will not administer the sites, don't have the time for it and I'm really slow on that part!

66 Pool 0% fees, 0.5% default donation, support development of 66 coin by donating to 66 address: 1Ls16L4c4HBffi2xCJXjF7kpD9iVqyzJWY
66 coin forum
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:41:30 AM

Please consider adding 66 coin, not really dead but I've been trying to revive the comunity for the past 6 weeks, we have been screwed by cryptorush twice (we were listed there), price was on the rise and so was network hashrate, now some of us have coins stuck there, we'll see if they get restored! Interest is already on the rise and hashrate is slowly getting restored, development active (I have taken development over a while ago, after seeing that the coin was abandoned), we're running polls, giveaways, had a new forum and a new exchange added in just the past week!
What we need help with is marketing, advertising and getting accepted as a payment method somewhere!

That's an interesting coin, indeed. Would you be willing to contribute to the foundation in general with your revival skills? Your coin might be one of the upcoming coins selected. Do you have ownership of the github?
Sorry for late reply, was a busy day yesterday for me, yes I have ownership of the new github (most people already know to get it from there). I also got shared privileges on facebook from a member of the community and the password to their twitter, but the website is out of my control and has not been updated in months. I also have moderator privileges on new forum and cryptocointalk!
I would help with other coins especially if someone else took some of the burden of me, it's a lot to maintain all those forums and twitter and facebook and to send a mail/private message to every service we have everytime I make an update to the wallet! I'd prefer to be on the code writing part of things and let the social stuff to be handled by someone else!

It would be great if we could have a network to let things like that run much smoother indeed. Also things like github and coin websites would be much easier if we would work together. Smiley

What are your specific skills?
C/C++, I know some php but totally hate working with it, I can fix coins, update wallets and implement new features. But the social side of things is killing me.
I also have a server rented where I run my pool and may get additional ones if needed to host websites, but I will not administer the sites, don't have the time for it and I'm really slow on that part!

Nice! I'll add it Smiley

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:44:00 AM

Count me in to help out on the Technical board Smiley

Thanks man! I will add you to the OP!

Can I also add some of your skills? What would you prefer to do?

Juniortw

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:20:58 PM

Hello my friend, I'm from Brazil, like this? I saw on your currency 66coin like to help with the project, of course, if the interest of you, the first suggestion would be a site for your coin because it does not exist, a page with information and everything else about the coin, and put in Brazil because we have a considerable concentration of miners and entusuastas the following

See you next time
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:41:29 PM

Well, yes, in one way. However there is a much more worthy function.

It might sort out the worthwhile coins from the ones that cannot be saved. I believe this process is important now, so that the CryptoCommunities can be less fragmented, and can come together on the better coins. This won't happen overnight, but this thread is a useful step.
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:56:14 PM

Its not about dump, its about having good price for coins which are good but has holes in marketing, devs etc.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:28:28 PM

Its not about dump, its about having good price for coins which are good but has holes in marketing, devs etc.

Exactly

Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:31:39 PM

Hello my friend, I'm from Brazil, like this? I saw on your currency 66coin like to help with the project, of course, if the interest of you, the first suggestion would be a site for your coin because it does not exist, a page with information and everything else about the coin, and put in Brazil because we have a considerable concentration of miners and entusuastas the following

See you next time

http://66coin.org/
Lugren

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:35:53 PM

My vote for Qubitcoin!!!
Logicoin.info

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:36:19 AM

Hi,

I'm the dev of Logicoin, I recently compiled the Frycoin wallet for windows as it appeared they had been unable to do so for quite some time. Obviously the majority of my time will be spent on Logicoin but I am happy to contribute where I can to this project be it compiling Windows QT's or offering advice. I doubt I can be of much assistance with the coding of new features as my day job often gets the best of me. I currently have a dedicated build enviroment set up via way of VM that should allow me to compile most QT's without too much of an issue. The dependencies will be statically compiled and wallets released through a single .exe file.

Regards,
Logicoin
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:05:06 AM

My vote for Qubitcoin!!!

I will add it Smiley

See you next time

You would be able to help with the Marketing of the coins then?

Hi,

I'm the dev of Logicoin, I recently compiled the Frycoin wallet for windows as it appeared they had been unable to do so for quite some time. Obviously the majority of my time will be spent on Logicoin but I am happy to contribute where I can to this project be it compiling Windows QT's or offering advice. I doubt I can be of much assistance with the coding of new features as my day job often gets the best of me. I currently have a dedicated build enviroment set up via way of VM that should allow me to compile most QT's without too much of an issue. The dependencies will be statically compiled and wallets released through a single .exe file.

Regards,
Logicoin

Great! i will add you to the team! Smiley Windows QT wallets are a b#tch Smiley

omgodlike

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:58:58 AM

Thanks for adding StoriesCoin (STY)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451343.0

One of the most underrated coins i think.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:50:38 PM

Duck Coin Please Smiley
cryptogator

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:19:29 PM

Quarkbar. I lost a bunch at cryptorush but have started trading some at allcoin. I like this coin  but dont have a wallet. Thats why I lost my coins. Quarkbar is a great coin. Just needs some help right now.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:32:24 AM

My vote for Qubitcoin!!!

Added Smiley

Duck Coin Please Smiley

Added Smiley

Quarkbar. I lost a bunch at cryptorush but have started trading some at allcoin. I like this coin  but dont have a wallet. Thats why I lost my coins. Quarkbar is a great coin. Just needs some help right now.

+1 Added

JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:34:43 AM

I think this concept is an excellent idea! I will admit, however, to being a bit unclear about the details. I have an opinion on that as well as using future success (hopefully) to bring about a new coin altogether, but that is for later discussion.

I do think that the first coin chosen is very important though. That first selection should really be the most spectacular flame-out failure that can possibly be found. In addition, an interested and, at one point, fairly large community would be helpful. I have two suggestions that are sort of on different ends of the scale.

1.) DuckDuck Coin. This was an IPO that was almost comical in its ineptitude. The Devs took everyone's money and then (proudly!) announced investments in two scam coins that immediately got killed (I believe they were PANDA and MAX). They erased that announcement from the front page and promptly disappeared. This was a coin that started off great and had a very fun vibe to it. The Duck puns were "quacktastic" and it looked like a possible winner. The Devs were very clever until they became stupid. Everyone with DuckDuck Coins has invested hard-earned money into the venture and would almost certainly be an enthusiastic community to begin a revival. Additionally, the Dev has recently popped up and asked for people to take over the coin. They say that they will pay in Duck also. This could be a great way to start as you (the Developers here) could take that bounty to help jumpstart this thread and community of "coin revival". Total max amount of coins is really low: 121. So, any revival will really show a high per-coin number as well. To summarize: Fun concept, a bounty to start the ball rolling and a serious community in place (actual investors) could make this one a real winner to begin your concept.

2.) PANDA Coin. Maybe the most infamous screw job in the history of crypto-currency. I doubt that I have to explain what happened here as it is so well known. I had never even heard of the coin until it became so famous as a disaster. But to give a truncated explanation, this coin sold itself almost exclusively on having Wolong on board and its logo even said "in Wolong We Trust". As soon as it saw any sign of success, Wolong sold it down to zero and took off. The message board turned into an acrimonious storm and after initially trying to defend themselves, the Devs (not Wolong -- the Devs just paid him PANDA to use his name) just quietly left. It was a huge community though and had every sign of being successful before the massive dump. The advantages would be a community dying for a lifeline and probably willing to donate PANDAs to the cause (obviously, I am speculating on that assertion). The max number of coins is almost the polar opposite of DuckDuck, with 100 billion. The upside here is that your "coin revival" group would really get attention by taking on such a spectacular failure. It's trading at about 6 litoshis last I looked (which was a bit ago), so there is almost nowhere to go but up.  

Now, I am not familiar with every coin on the list, so please don't take the previous suggestions to be a disparagement of any of those. My point is that your first coin choice should have a great story behind it. The two coins I suggested would both be fairly easy stories to tell and could be great to get started with. But, as I say, I am not familiar with every coin and would definitely be open to similar "story" coins as well. I didn't mean to make this post so long (hope someone reads it!). Anyway, good luck to the "Coin Revival" group -- I think it's a great idea!
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:22:36 PM

I think this concept is an excellent idea! I will admit, however, to being a bit unclear about the details. I have an opinion on that as well as using future success (hopefully) to bring about a new coin altogether, but that is for later discussion.

I do think that the first coin chosen is very important though. That first selection should really be the most spectacular flame-out failure that can possibly be found. In addition, an interested and, at one point, fairly large community would be helpful. I have two suggestions that are sort of on different ends of the scale.

1.) DuckDuck Coin. This was an IPO that was almost comical in its ineptitude. The Devs took everyone's money and then (proudly!) announced investments in two scam coins that immediately got killed (I believe they were PANDA and MAX). They erased that announcement from the front page and promptly disappeared. This was a coin that started off great and had a very fun vibe to it. The Duck puns were "quacktastic" and it looked like a possible winner. The Devs were very clever until they became stupid. Everyone with DuckDuck Coins has invested hard-earned money into the venture and would almost certainly be an enthusiastic community to begin a revival. Additionally, the Dev has recently popped up and asked for people to take over the coin. They say that they will pay in Duck also. This could be a great way to start as you (the Developers here) could take that bounty to help jumpstart this thread and community of "coin revival". Total max amount of coins is really low: 121. So, any revival will really show a high per-coin number as well. To summarize: Fun concept, a bounty to start the ball rolling and a serious community in place (actual investors) could make this one a real winner to begin your concept.

2.) PANDA Coin. Maybe the most infamous screw job in the history of crypto-currency. I doubt that I have to explain what happened here as it is so well known. I had never even heard of the coin until it became so famous as a disaster. But to give a truncated explanation, this coin sold itself almost exclusively on having Wolong on board and its logo even said "in Wolong We Trust". As soon as it saw any sign of success, Wolong sold it down to zero and took off. The message board turned into an acrimonious storm and after initially trying to defend themselves, the Devs (not Wolong -- the Devs just paid him PANDA to use his name) just quietly left. It was a huge community though and had every sign of being successful before the massive dump. The advantages would be a community dying for a lifeline and probably willing to donate PANDAs to the cause (obviously, I am speculating on that assertion). The max number of coins is almost the polar opposite of DuckDuck, with 100 billion. The upside here is that your "coin revival" group would really get attention by taking on such a spectacular failure. It's trading at about 6 litoshis last I looked (which was a bit ago), so there is almost nowhere to go but up.  

Now, I am not familiar with every coin on the list, so please don't take the previous suggestions to be a disparagement of any of those. My point is that your first coin choice should have a great story behind it. The two coins I suggested would both be fairly easy stories to tell and could be great to get started with. But, as I say, I am not familiar with every coin and would definitely be open to similar "story" coins as well. I didn't mean to make this post so long (hope someone reads it!). Anyway, good luck to the "Coin Revival" group -- I think it's a great idea!

I read it Smiley Good reasons. I will add both to coins of interest.

We (Logicoin.info specifically) actually finally compiled the new DuckDuckCoin wallet, so we're already making progress on this coin. Smiley It would be a good coin to take over, because a lot of people invested heavily. So that's a plus one from you, I assume. Smiley You can find more info here: http://duck.multi-pool.eu/index.php?page=statistics&action=round&height=151676

You want to contribute with skills to the foundation?

JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:11:10 PM

I read it Smiley Good reasons. I will add both to coins of interest.

We (Logicoin.info specifically) actually finally compiled the new DuckDuckCoin wallet, so we're already making progress on this coin. Smiley It would be a good coin to take over, because a lot of people invested heavily. So that's a plus one from you, I assume. Smiley You can find more info here: http://duck.multi-pool.eu/index.php?page=statistics&action=round&height=151676

You want to contribute with skills to the foundation?

Yes, I guess it would be a +1 on those coins. I wasn't sure where those plusses on the first page came from -- I thought you were putting up a vote or something. (Although, as I implied, I think a good "story" coin for the first one is more important than votes). Anyway, yes I will +1 DuckDuck and PANDA.

I would be happy to contribute to the "foundation", although I am afraid that I don't have enough programming skills (or, any programming skills might be a more accurate way to put it  Cheesy), to be of much help. I do write for a living (partially) if that would be of any use to you. That is write words, not code, of course! And I may be able to help in other ways as well, I suppose. Let me know what you have in mind (or need of) and maybe I can be of help.

Good Luck!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: