Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we take on Frycoin as an innovation experimentation coin?
Yes - 13 (52%)
No - 9 (36%)
No opinion - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED...  (Read 37368 times)
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

I read it Smiley Good reasons. I will add both to coins of interest.

We (Logicoin.info specifically) actually finally compiled the new DuckDuckCoin wallet, so we're already making progress on this coin. Smiley It would be a good coin to take over, because a lot of people invested heavily. So that's a plus one from you, I assume. Smiley You can find more info here: http://duck.multi-pool.eu/index.php?page=statistics&action=round&height=151676

You want to contribute with skills to the foundation?

Yes, I guess it would be a +1 on those coins. I wasn't sure where those plusses on the first page came from -- I thought you were putting up a vote or something. (Although, as I implied, I think a good "story" coin for the first one is more important than votes). Anyway, yes I will +1 DuckDuck and PANDA.

I would be happy to contribute to the "foundation", although I am afraid that I don't have enough programming skills (or, any programming skills might be a more accurate way to put it  Cheesy), to be of much help. I do write for a living (partially) if that would be of any use to you. That is write words, not code, of course! And I may be able to help in other ways as well, I suppose. Let me know what you have in mind (or need of) and maybe I can be of help.

Good Luck!

We already have some technical people, but we actually need more marketing and comms people (I am communications guy myself). Shall I add you to the potential members of that part of the team?

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:20:06 PM

We already have some technical people, but we actually need more marketing and comms people (I am communications guy myself). Shall I add you to the potential members of that part of the team?

Oh, ok, sounds good! Sure, add me onto the list. Let me know what you are looking for, the game plan for whatever the task decided, time commitment etc. and I will do my best to be of help. Of course, you can PM me when the time comes or if you have any questions. You're a good recruiter -- you should work for the Marines or something -- I hardly knew what hit me!

Good Luck on the project!
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:36:53 AM

Oh, ok, sounds good! Sure, add me onto the list. Let me know what you are looking for, the game plan for whatever the task decided, time commitment etc. and I will do my best to be of help. Of course, you can PM me when the time comes or if you have any questions. You're a good recruiter -- you should work for the Marines or something -- I hardly knew what hit me!

I will help where I can and when I can on marketing and promotions. Send me some details about what you need and I will see what I can do.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Logicoin.info

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:03:00 AM

Hey

So as Jonesd said on the last page I went through and fixed up the DuckDuckCoin source code. The windows QT is compiled and my source is currently upto date and fixed. Meaning it should compile on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. I've requested a merge with the official repo  but I'm not sure how active the DuckDuckCoin dev team actually are. It maybe worth considering staging a takeover (friendly of course!) and officially launching DuckDuckCoin as our first project until such time as the official dev's want to takeover.

We (the logicoin team) are way too dedicated to our own project to be lead dev's on another but if someone else is willing to step upto the plate we are more than happy to offer what services we can. Obviously it's best to wait a few more days to see if the original dev team is willing to run with the tools the Coin Rivival Foundation has given them.

My updated and fixed souce code can be found at http://github.com/logicoin/duckduckcoin
If you have any questions about the changes I've made to the source code please feel free to PM me or email admin@logicoin.info and we will reply to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Logicoin
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:51:19 PM

Hey

So as Jonesd said on the last page I went through and fixed up the DuckDuckCoin source code. The windows QT is compiled and my source is currently upto date and fixed. Meaning it should compile on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. I've requested a merge with the official repo  but I'm not sure how active the DuckDuckCoin dev team actually are. It maybe worth considering staging a takeover (friendly of course!) and officially launching DuckDuckCoin as our first project until such time as the official dev's want to takeover.

We (the logicoin team) are way too dedicated to our own project to be lead dev's on another but if someone else is willing to step upto the plate we are more than happy to offer what services we can. Obviously it's best to wait a few more days to see if the original dev team is willing to run with the tools the Coin Rivival Foundation has given them.

My updated and fixed souce code can be found at http://github.com/logicoin/duckduckcoin
If you have any questions about the changes I've made to the source code please feel free to PM me or email admin@logicoin.info and we will reply to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Logicoin

That was great (fixing another team's wallet!), but I don't understand completely. When Jonesd said "we" he seemed to be including you -- or at least heavily implying it. Plus, I am confused about your statement the you are too busy but, "if someone else is willing to step up to the plate" you would be happy to help out.

Isn't that the whole purpose of this thread, The Coin Revival Foundation? As I mentioned in my post on page 5, I think that the DuckDuck team wants someone to take over as they said just that in a post. I am probably just misunderstanding your post, because at first you seem to be suggesting DuckDuck as a good project for this group. Anyway, I guess that all I am asking is for some further clarification of your thoughts for stupid people like me!

As I have stated before, I think that good disaster story coin is the best way to start the ball rolling for the Coin Revival group. And DuckDuck would certainly qualify in that department! (Although I am sure that there plenty of others too). Thanks.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:56:23 AM

Hey

Regards,
Logicoin

That was great (fixing another team's wallet!), but I don't understand completely. When Jonesd said "we" he seemed to be including you -- or at least heavily implying it. Plus, I am confused about your statement the you are too busy but, "if someone else is willing to step up to the plate" you would be happy to help out.

Isn't that the whole purpose of this thread, The Coin Revival Foundation? As I mentioned in my post on page 5, I think that the DuckDuck team wants someone to take over as they said just that in a post. I am probably just misunderstanding your post, because at first you seem to be suggesting DuckDuck as a good project for this group. Anyway, I guess that all I am asking is for some further clarification of your thoughts for stupid people like me!

As I have stated before, I think that good disaster story coin is the best way to start the ball rolling for the Coin Revival group. And DuckDuck would certainly qualify in that department! (Although I am sure that there plenty of others too). Thanks.

This fix of the DuckDuckcoin was something that clearly had to happen. The same counts for a couple of other coins. It's more like patching up the coin, because otherwise it dies before we can save it. Smiley

The foundation should do more than this. It would be great if we could overtake, fix, promote and find uses for coins. Smiley

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:00:12 AM

Haha! Smiley Interesting career path I will keep in the back of my mind. Cheesy

I will add you to the general team, so we can find out later what you can help specifically with. Smiley

I will help where I can and when I can on marketing and promotions. Send me some details about what you need and I will see what I can do.

Nice Smiley

I will add you to the mark & comms team. Smiley

smoky001

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

Astrum

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:11:02 AM

66 coin has good perspective as its on mintpal on 8th place with 41k votes. It has small diff now so people could mine it as well. We nned just marketing on here!

agreed 66 deserves a chance to proove its worth something Smiley it has a lot of potential
pikimunga

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:25:57 PM

I'm eagerly awaiting for a decision which coin should we focus our efforts on first!
I think that should be the next step of this foundation, to successfully revive 1 coin proving that we're worth our name!
Than people will take us much more seriously and we can easier succeed later!

66 Pool 0% fees, 0.5% default donation, support development of 66 coin by donating to 66 address: 1Ls16L4c4HBffi2xCJXjF7kpD9iVqyzJWY
66 coin forum
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:02:17 PM

NEXT STEP

It is time for the next step indeed!

People have voted and clearly, everybody want to focus on reviving old coins!

Reviving old coins   - 25 (54.3%)
Create a new innovative coin with the community   - 4 (8.7%)
Both   - 11 (23.9%)
More important things than this! Smiley   - 6 (13%)
Total Voters: 46

I will create a  new poll so we can pick a coin. I propose that we take the top three from these coins and support them in the following order:

#1: Focus coin: We will take over this coin, enhance the code, release new wallets and actively promote it
#2: Runner up: We will take over this coin and patch it up.
#3: Aid: We will help to fix problems with this coin.

I will create a new poll, so everybody can vote for the coin they want. Spread the word about this vote to get people to support your coin and feel free to discuss your coin in this topic!

The voting will end May 5, 6PM EST.

VOTE!!!

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:52:19 AM

Obfuscode has helped to create new source for Quarkbar  and implemented DGW V2 and I released a new topic for it.

This was just a short term fix and does not mean it is elected as a focus coin yet.

VOTE! Smiley

Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:33:44 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 10:02:01 AM by Joesixpack9000

Pretty cool initiative, wish the foundation the best of success.

Although there's one thing I'll like to point out - reviving PANDA would be an inefficient usage of resources and time for the foundation, since you would be competing against another Pandacoin (PND), practically identical besides that they currently have an active dev team with ongoing developments (implementing either POS or merged mining with doge this week), 0% premine and does not have the negative historical association of 'Wolong' attached to it.

Also, that coin was made by 4chan to kill off PANDA, if it gets revived, it'll be round 2 war for sure. Why? Wolong still has 1.2 billion pandas. Proof: http://192.159.66.51/address/PfmkZAVw1Z9iktfFYwP7rLpK9XGy5LEnnC

So why would you want to revive a coin, disregarding all my prior points, when he is ready to dump the f**k out of it rendering all the foundation's efforts to revive it useless?

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:52:08 AM

Although there's one thing I'll like to point out - reviving PANDA would be an inefficient usage of resources and time for the foundation, since you would be competing against another Pandacoin, practically identical besides that they currently have an active dev team with ongoing developments (implementing either POS or merged mining with doge this week), 0% premine and does not have the negative historical association of 'Wolong' attached to it.

Also Wolong still has 1.2 billion pandas ready to dump the f**k out of it rendering all efforts useless ->

Proof: http://192.159.66.51/address/PfmkZAVw1Z9iktfFYwP7rLpK9XGy5LEnnC

That was a historical clusterf... Indeed. Thanks for the info!

Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:55:54 AM

Although there's one thing I'll like to point out - reviving PANDA would be an inefficient usage of resources and time for the foundation, since you would be competing against another Pandacoin, practically identical besides that they currently have an active dev team with ongoing developments (implementing either POS or merged mining with doge this week), 0% premine and does not have the negative historical association of 'Wolong' attached to it.

Also Wolong still has 1.2 billion pandas ready to dump the f**k out of it rendering all efforts useless ->

I edited my prior post with more information that I had left out. But no problem and best wishes to the foundation's efforts. I voted for quarkbar!

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:58:21 AM

I edited my prior post with more information that I had left out. But no problem and best wishes to the foundation's efforts. I voted for quarkbar!

Interesting stuff and thanks for voting!

mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:24:11 AM

If I can throw my opinion in here:

This is a cool effort and I hope it has some success, as there obviously were way too much coins that had good premises/communities but were inable survive because reasons.
Full disclosure: I'm an active member of the PND community and am developing a neat PND exclusive service (check the signature).

I personally hold a (small) amount of GPUC, because I was really hoping in that project, but the dev was really really inept at making it work (don't know if there were any recent news, i just dropped interest now)

Having said this, I can't even comprehend why would you consider PANDA.
If the aim of the project is to revive coins that had GOOD premises, well PANDA was a scam, it had IPO, it had premine, it had wolong, it had it all. I even remember reading a chatlog between one of the devs and a person with a project similar to this one (I've found it! http://pastebin.com/Vr34eE8W, it's located on the official PANDA thread, page 280 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460037.5580) The devs have NO interest in this.

That problem has already been taken care of, please don't waste your efforts into such a scam, because:
1. Your premises are not met
2. It was a plain scam
3. Should you succeed the devs would dump again.

Just my 0.02 PND

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
pikimunga

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

Hmm, with this new info I think PANDA should be crossed off the list as it does not even come close to meeting the criteria for the foundation!

66 Pool 0% fees, 0.5% default donation, support development of 66 coin by donating to 66 address: 1Ls16L4c4HBffi2xCJXjF7kpD9iVqyzJWY
66 coin forum
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:58:43 AM

It was only proposed by one person, so I will add that it's unlikely (otherwise I have to reset the whole vote)

pikimunga

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:28:00 AM

It was only proposed by one person, so I will add that it's unlikely (otherwise I have to reset the whole vote)
Or you could just announce that it's disqualified without resetting the vote... anyway I agree that it's unlikely it will be in the first 3.although it currently kind of is...

66 coin forum
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:32:33 AM

Or you could just announce that it's disqualified without resetting the vote... anyway I agree that it's unlikely it will be in the first 3.although it currently kind of is...

disqualified it is Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: