Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we take on Frycoin as an innovation experimentation coin?
Yes - 13 (52%)
No - 9 (36%)
No opinion - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED...  (Read 37368 times)
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:45:16 AM

I wouldn't consider GPUcoin dead as such. It has active dev's it just needs a marketing push. I'd suggest thats its a LARGE project and requires almost full time dedication. Maybe not the sort of coin you guys are looking for.

It would work if that dedicated team would cooperate with the foundation. I will post in their thread to ask if they really need a takeover.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
pikimunga

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:51:21 AM

I wouldn't consider GPUcoin dead as such. It has active dev's it just needs a marketing push. I'd suggest thats its a LARGE project and requires almost full time dedication. Maybe not the sort of coin you guys are looking for.

It would work if that dedicated team would cooperate with the foundation. I will post in their thread to ask if they really need a takeover.
If they have active dev they only need some help on other parts, not development, like 66Coin otherwise! And we're #2 on the voting list!
Anyway totally agree with talking with their developer directly!

66 Pool 0% fees, 0.5% default donation, support development of 66 coin by donating to 66 address: 1Ls16L4c4HBffi2xCJXjF7kpD9iVqyzJWY
66 coin forum
huhliki.k

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:45:10 AM

GPUcoin good coin
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:05:46 AM

If they have active dev they only need some help on other parts, not development, like 66Coin otherwise! And we're #2 on the voting list!

What do you mean pikimunga? Are you saying that 66coin is a better fit? (I'm sorry, but I am not sure I understand your first sentence).

What is it that you like about 66coin? I have never heard of it before -- why do you think it would be a good fit? Maybe you can get some converts to your cause if you tell us all why it is so good!

I agree with you (if I understand correctly) and Jonesd on GPU Coin about talking with the developer. If the coin has an active team, then I don't really understand why they would be on the list. Every coin needs a "marketing push", as esotericism put it. It is entirely possible that I may be missing the exact goals of the Coin Revival Foundation, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but that doesn't seem to be a perfect fit. It can be nuanced, but there is a danger that a coin with an active developer could use this group as a source for dumping their coins on a new crop of people. I realize that, depending on the situation, that is true with all "dead" coins as every holder has been stuck for a long time. But, it seems to me a coin that has been abandoned would have a much more enthusiastic crowd of coin holders, than one that is still being actively attended to by developers. The latter holders, I would think, will just use any upside to get out as their belief in the coin has soured. An abandoned coin tends to have holders that are more bitter about the developers than the coin itself.

Of course, as I mentioned, there are nuances involved and each situation is different. It sounds like Jonesd is handling it correctly by contacting the developers directly.

But, regardless of how that works out, I would certainly like to hear more about all the candidates, including GPU and 66 Coin. Let the best coin win!
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:24:03 AM

wow... gpucoin a non dead coin, is winning the vote...
This is a bit deceiving to say the least. This coin isn't dying because of lack of manpower, but essentially because it doesn't interest anybody except those who hold large bag of gpuc.
I thought the foundation would concentrate on more special coin (meaning other than scrypt and scrypt-n)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:29:50 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

After voting we will still have to see if the people from GPUcoin really want this takeover and cooperate with us. If not, it will logically fall of the list.

I have to say, that our foundation is about patching up deserted coins, so if there is nothing to patch up with GPUcoin, we will move on to the number 2 coin quickly anyway Smiley

pikimunga

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:05:43 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 12:22:07 PM by pikimunga

What do you mean pikimunga? Are you saying that 66coin is a better fit? (I'm sorry, but I am not sure I understand your first sentence).

What is it that you like about 66coin? I have never heard of it before -- why do you think it would be a good fit? Maybe you can get some converts to your cause if you tell us all why it is so good!

I agree with you (if I understand correctly) and Jonesd on GPU Coin about talking with the developer. If the coin has an active team, then I don't really understand why they would be on the list. Every coin needs a "marketing push", as esotericism put it. It is entirely possible that I may be missing the exact goals of the Coin Revival Foundation, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but that doesn't seem to be a perfect fit. It can be nuanced, but there is a danger that a coin with an active developer could use this group as a source for dumping their coins on a new crop of people. I realize that, depending on the situation, that is true with all "dead" coins as every holder has been stuck for a long time. But, it seems to me a coin that has been abandoned would have a much more enthusiastic crowd of coin holders, than one that is still being actively attended to by developers. The latter holders, I would think, will just use any upside to get out as their belief in the coin has soured. An abandoned coin tends to have holders that are more bitter about the developers than the coin itself.

Of course, as I mentioned, there are nuances involved and each situation is different. It sounds like Jonesd is handling it correctly by contacting the developers directly.

But, regardless of how that works out, I would certainly like to hear more about all the candidates, including GPU and 66 Coin. Let the best coin win!
I didn't say any is a better fit than another one! I just said they may be in the same situation as 66 Coin (which has a developer but that is not enough, we have miners, pools and even are on 3 exchanges at the moment, used to be cryptorush as well but... oh, well...). At any rate without something useful to do with the coin interest in it dies in time and the value will continuously drop, as soon as there is something to use them for (other than selling for BTC) they start to circulate both ways and should be able to self-sustain!
ANNOUNCEMENT

After voting we will still have to see if the people from GPUcoin really want this takeover and cooperate with us. If not, it will logically fall of the list.

I have to say, that our foundation is about patching up deserted coins, so if there is nothing to patch up with GPUcoin, we will move on to the number 2 coin quickly anyway Smiley
wow... gpucoin a non dead coin, is winning the vote...
This is a bit deceiving to say the least. This coin isn't dying because of lack of manpower, but essentially because it doesn't interest anybody except those who hold large bag of gpuc.
I thought the foundation would concentrate on more special coin (meaning other than scrypt and scrypt-n)
Reviving a coin means more than just patching the wallet, if it were just patching the wallet there would not be need for a foundation for this.
You have to get new members involved and increase interest in the coin to the point it can start having it's own life (like getting it accepted at a shop). This way the price will vary in time in both directions thus giving the coin an oscillating value or "pulse" if you will. If the only thing you can do with a coin is sell it for BTC than it's a dead coin the way I see it because the price will only go 1 way and that's down... and it needs reviving (a pulse).
No amount of wallet patching will get a coin a reason for existing, once a coin has a shop which accepts I think it can go on with it's own life and we can move to the next one... if it dies again maybe that the coin was not good all along.
This is the way I see things, I may be wrong though, but I stand by my vision that fixing the wallet alone is not enough to call a coin revived!

Edit: Oh, and if you think patching is enough, you are wrong, I tried just patching with 66 Coin... so here's a bit of history...
66 Coin used to be just fine and going pretty well... difficulty was going up and down, prices were around 15 BTC/66 and things were fine, than, I think it got added to a multipool and the difficulty spiked hugely (tens of times) up to a point nobody wanted to mine it anymore, Somebody still did... once I saw block were being found I joined the effort and dropped the difficulty lower... but at this point the network was almost dead... 2 pools dropped out, the other one was not mining, I think we were just 2, maybe 3 people in the whole network solo-mining each. Prices also dropped because I guess the multipoolers sold the coins they mined!
I patched the wallet and put up the update because the original developers abandoned it... I added KGW to it so this would not happen anymore, I also continued to patch the coin and add stuff to it but prices are continuing to drop because although there were hundreds, possibly thousands of miners originally for this coin after such a long period of inactivity nobody wanted to trust it anymore.
I think this is very likely to happen with other coins as well, so as long as there's no real purpose for the coin just patching it will not revive it, will just make it's coma stage last longer!

66 Pool 0% fees, 0.5% default donation, support development of 66 coin by donating to 66 address: 1Ls16L4c4HBffi2xCJXjF7kpD9iVqyzJWY
66 coin forum
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:10:22 PM

Dont want to be offensive but 66 coin has best future here because it has most votes on mintpal. As we know here mintpal is one of the best exchanges for now. Also, it needs good implementation on market (like games etc.).

Think that these things like position on mintpal needs to be "take on account" in this voting.

Also good community, as you can see 42k votes with 1.77 btc invested and rest is just votes!

I will repeat, everybody could mine it as it has small diff now!
Poogasm

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:15:02 PM

Any chance we can get a revival of Benjamins? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444543.0)

Dev bailed on us after discovering he goofed the code and couldn't fix it. There has been some talk of a takeover in the thread, but we can't seem to get it together.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
a00r

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:17:35 PM

I guess you guys never heard of bitquark, the next leader in bitcoin
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:45:08 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

The "CEO" of GPUcoin has stopped responding for a while now, not even to devs. Devs are willing to continue working on the coin if a takeover happens, a takeover has been discussed previously. So I believe that GPUcoin is suited for what you are trying to do.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:30:00 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

The "CEO" of GPUcoin has stopped responding for a while now, not even to devs. Devs are willing to continue working on the coin if a takeover happens, a takeover has been discussed previously. So I believe that GPUcoin is suited for what you are trying to do.

Perfect:-) who are the New people?

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 12:16:28 AM

I think there are a few people here that are misunderstanding what this foundation was formed for. It is not about comparing coins and saying my coin is better than your coin. It was created to find coins with good charactoristics that have been abandoned by the DEV and possibly giving the coin a fighting chance. There are coins out there that were created just for pumping and dumping and there are other coins that were created with some very good charactoristics but for some reason the DEV walked away. There are some coins that are on the voting list that have DEV still active or maybe have a fairly strong community behind it already. If I understand the idea of this foundation correctly, these coins should not be here. The coins of focus should be the coins that have been dumped prematurely for no real reason, before they had a fighting chance. The coins  we try to help should have merit with strong charactoristics but have been abandoned for no good reason.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:58:08 AM

I think there are a few people here that are misunderstanding what this foundation was formed for. It is not about comparing coins and saying my coin is better than your coin. It was created to find coins with good charactoristics that have been abandoned by the DEV and possibly giving the coin a fighting chance. There are coins out there that were created just for pumping and dumping and there are other coins that were created with some very good charactoristics but for some reason the DEV walked away. There are some coins that are on the voting list that have DEV still active or maybe have a fairly strong community behind it already. If I understand the idea of this foundation correctly, these coins should not be here. The coins of focus should be the coins that have been dumped prematurely for no real reason, before they had a fighting chance. The coins  we try to help should have merit with strong charactoristics but have been abandoned for no good reason.

This is true. I think the coins in the election all adhere to this to a certain degree. The only way to get support for something like this is to have a strong community, so that's why I went a vote.

CleanWaterCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:23:42 AM

Cleanwatercoin and other coins like that could use it. But honestly, if something dies, leave it be. I wouldn't like to see projects like CWC or SC revive.

Thanks Platorin <3

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:19:09 AM

Ok so we need to map that characteristics and transparently promote them on OP here! So we all now what does certainly coin need to be first on the list. Is that votes, is that innovation, is that good dev...etc.

Hope to help here
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

Ok so we need to map that characteristics and transparently promote them on OP here! So we all now what does certainly coin need to be first on the list. Is that votes, is that innovation, is that good dev...etc.

Hope to help here

We really need more comms people, so PM me if you want to help me out. Maybe we can make a nice overview Smiley

zro

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:55:23 PM

hello all!

I've not been active on this forum, but have been following the bitcoin and altcoin community for a while!
I really like the idea of patching up abandoned alt coins, so like to be part of the foundation.

I've experience in IRC, ubuntu and some c, c++, c# and python.
I'm also a good writer and understand what people like.

Thanks,
zro
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:11:57 PM

hello all!

I've not been active on this forum, but have been following the bitcoin and altcoin community for a while!
I really like the idea of patching up abandoned alt coins, so like to be part of the foundation.

I've experience in IRC, ubuntu and some c, c++, c# and python.
I'm also a good writer and understand what people like.

Thanks,
zro

Welcome!

I will add you to the foundation! Which  part would be most interesting to you?

zro

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Welcome!

I will add you to the foundation! Which  part would be most interesting to you?
Thanks! Prefer to do the IRC and other comm.
Maybe set up some infrastructure if needed..?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: