Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we take on Frycoin as an innovation experimentation coin?
Yes - 13 (52%)
No - 9 (36%)
No opinion - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED...  (Read 37368 times)
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:38:59 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

The poll shows some people were happy about the Quarkbar focus, but other people obviously would like other coins to succeed. At the moment we decided to focus on one coin, but might get more soon.

Results:

Happy about the focus on Quarkbar?

Yes   - 9 (26.5%)
No   - 12 (35.3%)
Maybe   - 2 (5.9%)
Don't know   - 1 (2.9%)
Hoped for other coin   - 10 (29.4%)
I rather have half man, half bear, half pig!   - 0 (0%)

It would be good to know why people did or did not like the focus on Quarkbar.

Next to this, we started a new poll to find out how many coins we should support.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
zro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:22:32 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

The poll shows some people were happy about the Quarkbar focus, but other people obviously would like other coins to succeed. At the moment we decided to focus on one coin, but might get more soon.

Results:

Yes   - 9 (26.5%)
No   - 12 (35.3%)
Maybe   - 2 (5.9%)
Don't know   - 1 (2.9%)

Next to this, we started a new poll to find out how many coins we should support.
Thanks for taking the effort JonesD! I like the focus on QuarkBar and I think it was good to have only the focus on one coin.
The foundation needs to get used to adapting new coins and this way of working, when focussing on more coins this is getting harder.

I think it's good to have a small process support the foundation's coin lifecycle.
I'd propose the following process steps:
  • 1. Prepare a list of coins to focus on, make sure coins have the possibility to be adapted by the foundation (dev is ok, source is available, etc.)
  • 2. Have a vote on which coin to focus on
  • 3. Prepare to do list to get the coin patched up
  • 4. Work on to do list
  • 5. Assess if work on to do list is good enough to 'get things going'
        if yes --> step 1
        if no --> step 3

With this process, which is just a draft and open to suggestions, I think we can have a solid way of working without loosing focus.
I think we also need a process when 'things get going' for a coin, that'll describe what's next.
This could also be items on the to do list.

With this kind of structure and organization we get more predictable and people know what to expect from the foundation.

Let me know your opinions!
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:45:35 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Results:

Yes   - 9 (26.5%)
No   - 12 (35.3%)
Maybe   - 2 (5.9%)
Don't know   - 1 (2.9%)

Thanks for taking the effort JonesD! I like the focus on QuarkBar and I think it was good to have only the focus on one coin.
The foundation needs to get used to adapting new coins and this way of working, when focussing on more coins this is getting harder.

I think it's good to have a small process support the foundation's coin lifecycle.
  • 1. Prepare a list of coins to focus on, make sure coins have the possibility to be adapted by the foundation (dev is ok, source is available, etc.)
  • 4. Work on to do list
        if yes --> step 1
        if no --> step 3

With this process, which is just a draft and open to suggestions, I think we can have a solid way of working without loosing focus.
I think we also need a process when 'things get going' for a coin, that'll describe what's next.

With this kind of structure and organization we get more predictable and people know what to expect from the foundation.

Sounds like a very good workflow Smiley Would you be willing to set that up?

zro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:08:16 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Results:

Yes   - 9 (26.5%)
No   - 12 (35.3%)
Maybe   - 2 (5.9%)
Don't know   - 1 (2.9%)

• 4. Work on to do list
        if yes --> step 1
        if no --> step 3

Sounds like a very good workflow Smiley Would you be willing to set that up?

Yes, I'll work out a more structured process flow and will post this for feedback.
We can then hook QB in to this process (as it would already be on step 3 and 4).

I was thinking about how to measure when a coin 'get things going':
  • Finished to do list (to do list actions have to be measureable!)
  • Approval on code quality from CRF dev's (important one Smiley)
  • Trade volume > x.xx BTC on one exchange
  • Available on X exchanges
  • Price atleast 0.00xxxxx BTC
  • .... (your input please)

If you've any ideas, feel free to post!
nixon99

Activity: 637
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:52:16 PM

Takcoin seems a gonner after a promising start, dev team just went awol.

iCoin has the name, but that's about all that's left.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:15:44 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

We have successfully passed block 262,500 for Quarkbar, so we will disclose the information about the security problem today at 13:00 (1PM) UTC here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621906.new#new

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:16:23 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

We have successfully passed block 262,500 for Quarkbar, so we will disclose the information about the security problem today at 13:00 (1PM) UTC here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621906.new#new

The statement was just released.

Long story short:
1. We finished the block explorer and discovered a premine of 15,482,256 Quarkbar
2. We traced the premine and found 97,7% still in a small amount of wallets
3. We updated the source and excluded those wallets
4. The scam owner will get the following message when he tries to open his wallet Smiley

5. With help of an exchange we could freeze one of the trading accounts of the scammer with about 0.4 BTC in it
6. We published a statement to provide full disclosure here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621906.new#new

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

Forexminute wrote an article about our coin: http://www.forexminute.com/cryptocurrency-news/breaking-news-crf-eliminates-scam-quarkbar-coins-32833

iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:25:52 AM

Myriad Please!

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:02:36 AM

Myriad Please!

Lacking developers, that coin?

iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:07:37 AM

no i saw u wanted coins to add to something and the coins looked meh so i put myr there. my mistake if this is for something different than i thought

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:12:26 AM

no i saw u wanted coins to add to something and the coins looked meh so i put myr there. my mistake if this is for something different than i thought

Smiley

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:17:20 PM

VOTES ARE IN
How many coins should CRF support the next six months?
1   - 2 (18.2%)
2   - 4 (36.4%)
3   - 0 (0%)
4   - 0 (0%)
5   - 1 (9.1%)
As many as possible   - 4 (36.4%)
I need about $2,50...   - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

People apparently want us to adopt somewhere in between of 2 to as many as possible amount of coins Smiley

We are very happy on the progress of Quarkbar and would like to try out some new coin concepts. For this, we believe Quarkbar is too mature, so we would like to take a coin that has not been mined that much yet and has such a low value it can only go up! Smiley

We were thinking about taking on the technical development of Frycoin to see if we can come up with coin mining solutions that will ensure the future of altcoins. Once we have proof of concept, we will also implement this in our other coins. This way we can make mistakes, without doing much harm.

Please go to their page to vote if you want them to become this. I will also add a vote option above to see if you like the idea.

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

NEWSFLASH!
We managed to find back many of the premine coins in Quarkbar and also traced this back to the trading account of the scammer. It turns out he was also connected to the scam of Beecoin and Shacoin. Allcoin has decided to divide the 0.45BTC in frozen assets among the Beecoin, Shacoin and Quarkbar community

Read it all here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621906.msg6948724#msg6948724

Obfuscode

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:36:45 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 11:58:44 AM by Obfuscode

Potentially a stupid question but how comes ~50% of our CRF members arent on IRC?

- f0o

//EDIT:

Also guys, We have a MAILINGLIST! :O
Feel free to join!
http://cryptocoinrevival.com/mailman/listinfo/announcements_cryptocoinrevival.com
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:15:58 PM

I am officially asking the CRF to take over WAS coin we are satoshi. I will donate a few million WAS coin to give incentive to the the CRF to help with this coin. These profits will be able to allow the foundation to help other coins. There is a max of 40 billion coins so I think 50-100SAT is very reasonable.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:54:24 PM

Good Evening Cryptocoin Revival Foundation,

I am on the team that has Re-Launched Birdcoin

Old Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=496363.0

Re-Launch Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588212.0

We have great support from the community and within 2 weeks of Re-Launch we were able to achieve what original devs did in the first 2 months before dropping the coin all together. Exchanges, Faucets, Explorers, Website, Sub-Reddit, and a future plan with community interaction. We have received help from the Pandacoin dev who was kind enough to compile a OSX wallet which the coin has never had.

We are a small but growing community that seems to be held back by the technical aspect of things. We would love nothing more but to continue to support this coin but need some serious help. If at all possible any time and expertise that can be spared would be most helpful. I and ciocgun have been doing the best we can with promoting and planning. There are a few things I would list that the community has asked us about, I will list them below.

• Pre-Mine Coin Removal
  • KGW Update
  • POS*
  • More Exchanges

*I was told this is an easy addition to the coin, but I am lost when I look at the commit changes from other coins on GitHub

We will accept anything you guys can do to assist.

I appreciate the time and if there is anything you need please send myself or ciocgun a message or post in our thread.

Thank You from the Birdcoin Community
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:20:07 AM

So it looks like the developer of SYNC coin has to leave and is looking for someone to take it over. If you guys want a big coin here it is. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=607919.msg7029012#msg7029012
ciocgun

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:13:52 AM

Good Evening Cryptocoin Revival Foundation,

I am on the team that has Re-Launched Birdcoin

Old Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=496363.0

Re-Launch Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588212.0

We have great support from the community and within 2 weeks of Re-Launch we were able to achieve what original devs did in the first 2 months before dropping the coin all together. Exchanges, Faucets, Explorers, Website, Sub-Reddit, and a future plan with community interaction. We have received help from the Pandacoin dev who was kind enough to compile a OSX wallet which the coin has never had.

We are a small but growing community that seems to be held back by the technical aspect of things. We would love nothing more but to continue to support this coin but need some serious help. If at all possible any time and expertise that can be spared would be most helpful. I and ciocgun have been doing the best we can with promoting and planning. There are a few things I would list that the community has asked us about, I will list them below.

• Pre-Mine Coin Removal
  • KGW Update
  • POS*
  • More Exchanges

*I was told this is an easy addition to the coin, but I am lost when I look at the commit changes from other coins on GitHub

We will accept anything you guys can do to assist.

I appreciate the time and if there is anything you need please send myself or ciocgun a message or post in our thread.

Thank You from the Birdcoin Community

thanks from me too

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:43:05 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 09:18:03 AM by Jonesd

ANNOUNCEMENT

We're getting a lot of request from different coins to take over development, but we cannot accept too many coins of course. For now we want to focus on Quarkbar.

Our main goal is to help coins with strong communities, so we will help other coins in the meantime, but need somebody from the community to take over the responsibility of the management of the coin.

It is easier if I describe what we prefer in a coin (we might deter from this, but it does not help)

COIN REQUIREMENTS
1. NO IPO coins
2. No premine above 1%
3. No scam coins, unless we can scam the scammer out of his scam money Smiley
4. Coin must have an active community
5. Coin has more than 1 person that wants to take over responsibility (a team)
6. Coin has special qualities like an innovative algorithm --> scrypt is usually not distinctive enough.

COMMUNITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Get a team together of people that wants to help. If nobody is willing to volunteer, your community is likely just you. Smiley
2. Start a community takeover bitcointalk topic (with the account of the main responsible person) where you place all the relevant information about the coin
3. Place a poll on this topic where you ask the community if they accept your takeover --> more than 20 people have to vote and 2/3 has to approve
4. Gather the source code of the coin and create a new github repository for this. (you can add us to the team lateron for coding help)
5. Start a Twitter account and actively promote your coin.

Once you have these two requirements settled we will consider you coin for full adoption. Hopefully it will not even be necessary. Smiley

You can always join our IRC if you have any questions:     irc.freenode.net/coinrevival

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: