Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:06:36 PM

I'm creating aliases for anyone that wants one for the next while. Let me know and i'll add it to the list at my pool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maxcan

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:04:57 AM

GREAT NEWS!!!

Anyone wanting to mine in a pool, crypto_zoidberg implemented binary scratchpad transfers in boolberry daemon. Reject rate should be under control now. In fact, I haven't seen a reject due to scratchpad updating on my pool since implementing. Accepted percentage has gone up from around 93 to 99 on the few miners I've tested!

1 reject out of 50 so far, but i've only been running for an hour so far. sounds great Smiley

I'm creating aliases for anyone that wants one for the next while. Let me know and i'll add it to the list at my pool.

sorry if i missed it earlier in the thread, but how exactly do aliases work?

do people get to claim a name ("@maxcan") that works synonymously to their BBR address? why would someone need to give you their alias in that case?

and if not, i don't really see a purpose of having one if payouts are automated and it's just another thing to give to pool owners  Huh
clintar

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:23:54 AM

sorry if i missed it earlier in the thread, but how exactly do aliases work?

do people get to claim a name ("@maxcan") that works synonymously to their BBR address? why would someone need to give you their alias in that case?

and if not, i don't really see a purpose of having one if payouts are automated and it's just another thing to give to pool owners  Huh
It's just a convenience/vanity thing so you can easily send coins to a name instead of remembering the address. You need to find a block to create one, and I have the pool set up to make them. Probably easier than solo mining and making it yourself.
dayas

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:51:02 PM

I have tested and verified we can add aliases at Extremepool.
If you are interested in getting an alias and are mining there let me know I can set that up for you.

It is great to see the pools are finally here and stable, this will be great for this coin.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

Is Boolberry a competitor to Monero or a possible partner coin (like Litecoin is to Bitcoin)? Either way I constantly hear about Monero's bugs and I can't understand why people wouldn't choose Boolberry if it is already implementing a GUI wallet  Huh

It's because most of the Monero bugs are actually lies spread by the Bytecoin and Boolberry communities.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:06:08 PM

Also alias system? It's a joke compared to Nxt, why even bother with such a second rate system.

Boolberry fudsters are the worst.

Oh look, it's DTS acting the fool as usual.  Remember, this is the guy who though Ken's IntelliHash would revolutionize BTC mining...

Nxt?  The Rube Goldberg inspired, Java dependent, hot bloated mess of an IPO scam?  Please.

Maybe you should buy some Virtual Mining Coins, IntelliCoins, and LabCoins instead.   Grin

BBR is a solid and extremely undervalued coin.  It will either be the Coke or Pepsi of Cryptonote coins.  We're going to the moon with or without you.

You're a total idiot!

- I called Ken out on intellihash and did not believe in that rubbish. I actually built an entire simulation that determined the window in which we could have made money, once this window passed last year I knew it was over and just hoped for something, all the while warning everyone away whilst other shareholders kept lying attempting to attract new blood. Even though I was going through the process of losing all of my money I still maintained integrity and did not sink into a moral abyss to save my ass, unlike you.

- The Alias system in Nxt is much more powerful, everyone can buy an alias whenever they want, they don't need a pools permission. (By the way I no longer own any Nxt, but can admit to its strengths.)

- iCE, you're a known scammer and drew many people into icedrill losing all their money, it suits you that you're now a BBR advocate.
clintar

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:33:21 PM

[inflammatory stuff deleted...]
- The Alias system in Nxt is much more powerful, everyone can buy an alias whenever they want, they don't need a pools permission. (By the way I no longer own any Nxt, but can admit to its strengths.)

- iCE, you're a known scammer and drew many people into icedrill losing all their money, it suits you that you're now a BBR advocate.

Just want to be clear here about the aliases. You don't need a pool to create an alias. Just mine a block yourself and set it in the daemon. I'm just offering to make some as a convenience.

Also, not sure what you have against this coin or its community, but could you two send your personal attacks to private messages?
maxcan

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:15:36 PM

Quote from: clintar link=topic=577267.msg8471705#msg8471705
Just want to be clear here about the aliases. You don't need a pool to create an alias. Just mine a block yourself and set it in the daemon. I'm just offering to make some as a convenience.
that seems a bit of a silly way to do aliases from a practical standpoint... that means there'll only be about 120 thousand total, won't it? i mean, the only coin to have anyone using it on a grand scale right now is bitcoin, but if this one sees adoption in the future, only a % of people will be able to use them, and even then only if they buy or are given one.

not a big concern right now but i dunno why you're required to mine a block to have an alias.

i'll pm you when i get home to set mine up if you're still offering  Grin
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:21:52 PM

that seems a bit of a silly way to do aliases from a practical standpoint... that means there'll only be about 120 thousand total, won't it? i mean, the only coin to have anyone using it on a grand scale right now is bitcoin, but if this one sees adoption in the future, only a % of people will be able to use them, and even then only if they buy or are given one.

not a big concern right now but i dunno why you're required to mine a block to have an alias.

might be wrong but I'm sure you can create more than one alias per block mined... either way doesn't seem a big deal.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:18:46 PM

I see aliased mostly as an option for business in future(like a visit card or for colored coins) and a personal aliases for early adepts or persons who able just to buy it.
When i was thinking about different ways to implement aliases i also considered pratical issue about aliases database size - if i let alias registration very easy - in special transaction for example - than aliases database could be flooded with thousands of senseless aliases, and user would be forced to keep that crap on their computers. So we need predictable amount of possible aliases -> easiest way to tie this with blocks.

So i've decided to have only one alias per block, we have 720 blocks per day - it's 263 520 aliases per year, seems to be a enough and reasonable.

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:22:55 PM

might be wrong but I'm sure you can create more than one alias per block mined... either way doesn't seem a big deal.

Nop, you can't, i've explained my vision in my prev post.
In block you could register one alias, OR update alias with associating it with different address and comments, to do that you need to prove that you own this alias by signing update message with wallet's secret key. Last feature implemented in core and in unit tests, but not represented in command line yet.

damashup

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:13:09 AM

Nop, you can't, i've explained my vision in my prev post.
In block you could register one alias, OR update alias with associating it with different address and comments, to do that you need to prove that you own this alias by signing update message with wallet's secret key. Last feature implemented in core and in unit tests, but not represented in command line yet.

Thanks for clarifying... seems sensible enough.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:25:24 AM

Woop woop woop - I have a BBR alias: boolberryfx   Grin

TYVM clintar / http://bbr.cncoin.farm

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
clintar

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:37:41 PM

No problem, man. I'm gonna be making aliases for anyone that wants one no strings attached for the rest of the day. Then I'll have to start charging for them.
damashup

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:35:01 PM

No problem, man. I'm gonna be making aliases for anyone that wants one no strings attached for the rest of the day. Then I'll have to start charging for them.

Just sent you a pm, could you please make me an alias?
Many thanks!
clintar

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:28:24 PM

Many thanks!
Done.
damashup

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:38:55 PM

Many thanks!
Done.

Got it... Much appreciated!!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 01:42:10 AM

Zoidberg, no offense you are a great coder but - and im sorry i've to be harsh -  your autism is killing your own coin. You need to hire a team of people with vision about the future of bbr and who are able to create a community around it. Otherwise its gonna die and you'll be the sole responsible.

At the very list change the name. People started buying when there were talk about rebranding. Now there is nothing and every day we hit a new low.

I've proposed names already. "Rings" was liked by  I know you dont like them but you have a strange sense of taste. Let the community come up with a name.

Boolberry is a cool name and a refreshing change from the usual *coin convention.  There is no reason to change the quirky yet memorable name; the project will succeed or fail based on (market reaction to) its utility.  Plus we already have a sweet logo!

The Benevolent Dictator For Life schema works for Linux, so BBR's pristine cathedral may turn out better than Monero's chaotic baazar.

It's far too early in the life of CryptoNote to declare winners and losers.  Give it at least 6 months to a year before playing CZ's armchair psychologist.

Block rewards are decreasing every hour.  These are the days of cheap and easy Boolberries we will look back on, and wish we'd bought more.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:42:46 AM

coin wil lget kicked of bittrex soon

yolo
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:55:03 AM

Zoidberg, no offense you are a great coder but - and im sorry i've to be harsh -  your autism is killing your own coin. You need to hire a team of people with vision about the future of bbr and who are able to create a community around it. Otherwise its gonna die and you'll be the sole responsible.

At the very list change the name. People started buying when there were talk about rebranding. Now there is nothing and every day we hit a new low.

I've proposed names already. "Rings" was liked by  I know you dont like them but you have a strange sense of taste. Let the community come up with a name.

Boolberry is a cool name and a refreshing change from the usual *coin convention.  There is no reason to change the quirky yet memorable name; the project will succeed or fail based on (market reaction to) its utility.  Plus we already have a sweet logo!

The Benevolent Dictator For Life schema works for Linux, so BBR's pristine cathedral may turn out better than Monero's chaotic baazar.

It's far too early in the life of CryptoNote to declare winners and losers.  Give it at least 6 months to a year before playing CZ's armchair psychologist.

Block rewards are decreasing every hour.  These are the days of cheap and easy Boolberries we will look back on, and wish we'd bought more.

I don't think he falls for it Wink

Also some posters have  publicly posted they consider this a "red flag project" and or have announced they have "dumped BBR", yet they keep passively trying to steer thoughts on what is needed for this coin or what somebody should think about this coin. I suggest we go past these charades please.

I agree that this is a good phase to collect cheap BBRs for those looking at CN. It can and should co-exist with XMR and should not be viewed as a threat.

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: