Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:12:54 PM

I've increased timeout once again.
Scratchpad is receiving once on new connection and then during the mining transferring only diff.

In next version i'll add cache scratchpad into the file.

Try new version please.
Works Cheesy

Any one that was mining, please restart. I stopped the pool to make same changes and learned the miners will not reconnect when pool restarts.

Pool Ops - I will report to zoidberg.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 08:04:38 PM

I want to announce that I have selected Boolberry to be the cryptonote platform that I will use for NXTprivacy integration. Having analyzed the source code of the various cryptonote coins, it is clear that BBR is far and away the best. Even has cross platform Qt GUI.

My plan is to integrate a "private send" feature into NXTservices GUI that will allow people with NXT to leverage the privacy from BBR. There will also be a NXT internal privateNXT asset and pNXT BBR fork that map 1:1 to avoid having to exchange NXT <-> BBR in thin markets.

I have not worked out all the details, but I am looking forward to bring a lot of value to both the Boolberry and cryptonote communities in general. My investment strategy is to select the strongest tech platform, invest BTC into it and then invest even more time and dev work to make the investment more valuable.

James

NXT still a scam.
http://www.docdroid.net/ecmz/forging0-5-2.pdf.html

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:57:52 PM

Still don´t get full scratchpad. Why it is not possible to get the full scratchpat only one time, and for the next work, only the differences of the last scratchpad?
Otherwise it would produce a big traffic.

Scratchpad is receiving once on new connection and then during the mining transferring only diff.

Try new version please.

Works, thank you!

BBR: @hornypo
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:05:17 AM

Oh, I'm so close to mining and am excited! I've downloaded the Windows package and the wallet is synched. The pools say to download the cryptonote-easy-miner, so I did, and entered the address and port info. So I have two wallet addresses now? Before I start mining, how do I tie the easy miner wallet address to my Boolberry wallet address? Do I simply lookup the easy miner address on the pool's website and send payouts to my Boolberry wallet address? There are no logins or workers?

EDIT: looks like this is the Windows stratum miner that's not ready yet? stratum_recv_line failed

No way to mine with Windows with simple miner? I'll have to read the whole thread.

Just take the address from the boolberry wallet (wallet.bin.address.txt) and use it as address string in simpleminer. Pool will pay you to this address. 

Stratum miner is at testing now.

And it´s not a bad idea to read anyway.

BBR: @hornypo
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:25:16 AM

I want to announce that I have selected Boolberry to be the cryptonote platform that I will use for NXTprivacy integration. Having analyzed the source code of the various cryptonote coins, it is clear that BBR is far and away the best. Even has cross platform Qt GUI.

My plan is to integrate a "private send" feature into NXTservices GUI that will allow people with NXT to leverage the privacy from BBR. There will also be a NXT internal privateNXT asset and pNXT BBR fork that map 1:1 to avoid having to exchange NXT <-> BBR in thin markets.

I have not worked out all the details, but I am looking forward to bring a lot of value to both the Boolberry and cryptonote communities in general. My investment strategy is to select the strongest tech platform, invest BTC into it and then invest even more time and dev work to make the investment more valuable.

James

NXT still a scam.

OMG. Get over it. Its this kind of ignorance that costs stupid people wealth. Nxt utilizing BBR over XMR is huge. You need to get off your butt and off this forum and start learning what Nxt is and what it is doing.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:42:00 AM

James

NXT still a scam.

OMG. Get over it. Its this kind of ignorance that costs stupid people wealth. Nxt utilizing BBR over XMR is huge. You need to get off your butt and off this forum and start learning what Nxt is and what it is doing.

I agree we should support this and be willing to give help where it is needed.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:02:08 AM

James

Very cool!

I've been working on some infrastructure to make it easier to accept/send BBR payments and/or translate them to BTC.  I'm about to the point of making some suggestions / pull requests for additions to the wallet RPC interface to facilitate this.

If you're approaching the point of having read enough of the code or attempted some integration of your own, I'd love it if there were a coherent set of proposals for how to make the wallet a very service-friendly interface.  Most of what I've been thinking about has been exposing more of the transaction listing interface to make it easier to build stateless or limited-state services atop the wallet -- different or more general forms of getpayments(), etc.

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:29:02 AM

Try new version please.
Works Cheesy

Any one that was mining, please restart. I stopped the pool to make same changes and learned the miners will not reconnect when pool restarts.

Pool Ops - I will report to zoidberg.

Bug with miners going crazy after restarting pool fixed, please update miner! Pool already updated.

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:06:49 AM

James

NXT still a scam.

interesting.  how does this work?  any doc you can point me to?

"NXT internal privateNXT asset and pNXT BBR fork that map 1:1 to avoid having to exchange NXT <-> BBR in thin markets"
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 04:45:03 AM

James

Very cool!

I've been working on some infrastructure to make it easier to accept/send BBR payments and/or translate them to BTC.  I'm about to the point of making some suggestions / pull requests for additions to the wallet RPC interface to facilitate this.

If you're approaching the point of having read enough of the code or attempted some integration of your own, I'd love it if there were a coherent set of proposals for how to make the wallet a very service-friendly interface.  Most of what I've been thinking about has been exposing more of the transaction listing interface to make it easier to build stateless or limited-state services atop the wallet -- different or more general forms of getpayments(), etc.
I've merged my NXTservices into the BBR source base and it has libwebsockets to create API interface via 127.0.0.1:7777
Since we already have a web GUI that uses this interface, once I create a payments API, it will be a matter for the GUI guys to make it easy to use.
My stuff is all in C, but I got hooks in to the main C++ classes and have gotten easy stuff like current height, account balance, so next step is tackling actually sending a payment.

If you have any ideas on a simple but not too simple payment API that would help, I am cryptonote newbie

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 04:51:03 AM

James

NXT still a scam.

interesting.  how does this work?  any doc you can point me to?

"NXT internal privateNXT asset and pNXT BBR fork that map 1:1 to avoid having to exchange NXT <-> BBR in thin markets"
No docs, just my ramblings Smiley

From a NXT point of view, people will want to send NXT and have it be anonymous. If it was just a gateway conversion of NXT -> BBR -> ring signature send -> dest BBR -> dest NXT, then the problem is the converting of NXT to BBR and back without getting hit by big spreads and lack of liquidity.

In NXT there are assets, basically colored coins. I made a privateNXT asset that is mapped 1:1 to NXT. I also made a BBR fork I am calling pNXT and the idea is to bind the pNXT to the privateNXT asset.
So, privateNXT -> pNXT -> ring sig send -> dest pNXT -> dest privateNXT can happen without any open market exchange issues.

Once I get this working, I hope to be able to use the same code base to simultaneously process BBT blockchain, but at worst it is a matter of having two processes as pNXT wont have any mining and CPU usage is < 3%

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 04:52:55 AM

I got things compiling for Mac and Ubuntu, but windows is not working. Is 32 bit Win 7 supported?

btc-mike

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

I got things compiling for Mac and Ubuntu, but windows is not working. Is 32 bit Win 7 supported?

No. 64 bit only.

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 04:49:14 PM

Everyone who is mining on testserver: please pull sources and recompile miner!

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 05:58:54 PM

No. 64 bit only.

Any chance somebody can make the 32 bit build environment? I am not Windows guy and there are still a lot of 32 bit windows around for some reason.

On the Mac .dmg and script to make .dmg I have some bad news. The contractor to do this says it will cost 155 EUR, so more like 500 BBR. I had bounty commitment of 200 BBR and I can add 100 BBR of my own, but that is still 200 BBR short. Hopefully we can get some other donator to make up the difference?

James

P.S. I will pay 100 BBR for 32 bit Win7 cmake files that work (assuming the code isnt dependent on 64bit mode)

dga

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:11:44 PM

No. 64 bit only.

Any chance somebody can make the 32 bit build environment? I am not Windows guy and there are still a lot of 32 bit windows around for some reason.

On the Mac .dmg and script to make .dmg I have some bad news. The contractor to do this says it will cost 155 EUR, so more like 500 BBR. I had bounty commitment of 200 BBR and I can add 100 BBR of my own, but that is still 200 BBR short. Hopefully we can get some other donator to make up the difference?

James

P.S. I will pay 100 BBR for 32 bit Win7 cmake files that work (assuming the code isnt dependent on 64bit mode)

+200 BBR to the bounty as long as it's done in a way that can be carried forward simply and isn't just a one-time hack to get it working.

(btc-mike, are you hosting that bounty?  If so, to what address should I send some BBR?)

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:26:59 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 06:39:28 PM by jl777

No. 64 bit only.

James

+200 BBR to the bounty as long as it's done in a way that can be carried forward simply and isn't just a one-time hack to get it working.

(btc-mike, are you hosting that bounty?  If so, to what address should I send some BBR?)
Thanks!
I am coordinating this mini-project
The deliverable is for a .dmg file and the script that produces the .dmg file so that future versions can be made by anybody with Xcode

James

Edit: go ahead and send the BBR to btc-mike, I have no need to hold the funds

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:38:36 PM

I have cryptonote newbie questions:

A) How do you generate the payment ID? I am trying to automate point to point anon payment and it seems I need a payment ID to be generated by the receiver. Also, I am assuming that this payment ID is sensitive, eg. dont want to be broadcasting this for all to see as that could allow others to trace the payment. However, maybe cryptonote works such that it is OK to have the payment ID public? The answer to this determines my approach for auto anon payments

B) fake_outs_count 0 seems to offer no anonimity, but if I set it to a high value and there are no other addresses avaiable, then it seems the tx never goes out? So, if everybody is waiting for big fake_outs_count at first, it deadlocks. I just want to make sure I understand this. Are all addresses seen on the blockchain part of the fake_outs_count pool or is there some other factor that is needed for them to be used?

C) is the dust_policy something that can be changed per transaction, or is it hardcoded? I tried to set DEFAULT_FEE to 0 and DEFAULT_DUST_THRESHOLD to 1, but it still charges 1.0 for txfee and any fractional amount also gone. Not even sure where it goes to... My idea is to make a totally frictionless anon tx possible, so I want to have no txfee and no dusting, but not sure how to achieve this as dust_policy seems to override my settings.

James

btc-mike

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:07:28 PM

The first bounty is for a .dmg file and the script that produces the .dmg file so that future versions can be made by anybody with Xcode, correct? Who will verify, test?

The second one is for 32 bit Win7 cmake files that work (assuming the code isnt dependent on 64bit mode).

I can hold bounties and create new threads with links in first post. Verify and I will setup and post info.

dga

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:48:17 PM

The first bounty is for a .dmg file and the script that produces the .dmg file so that future versions can be made by anybody with Xcode, correct? Who will verify, test?

The second one is for 32 bit Win7 cmake files that work (assuming the code isnt dependent on 64bit mode).

I can hold bounties and create new threads with links in first post. Verify and I will setup and post info.

I have Xcode and will verify/test the script for MacOS dmg build.

Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: