Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:15:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210676 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 01:45:40 AM

I have cryptonote newbie questions:

A) How do you generate the payment ID? I am trying to automate point to point anon payment and it seems I need a payment ID to be generated by the receiver. Also, I am assuming that this payment ID is sensitive, eg. dont want to be broadcasting this for all to see as that could allow others to trace the payment. However, maybe cryptonote works such that it is OK to have the payment ID public? The answer to this determines my approach for auto anon payments

B) fake_outs_count 0 seems to offer no anonimity, but if I set it to a high value and there are no other addresses avaiable, then it seems the tx never goes out? So, if everybody is waiting for big fake_outs_count at first, it deadlocks. I just want to make sure I understand this. Are all addresses seen on the blockchain part of the fake_outs_count pool or is there some other factor that is needed for them to be used?

C) is the dust_policy something that can be changed per transaction, or is it hardcoded? I tried to set DEFAULT_FEE to 0 and DEFAULT_DUST_THRESHOLD to 1, but it still charges 1.0 for txfee and any fractional amount also gone. Not even sure where it goes to... My idea is to make a totally frictionless anon tx possible, so I want to have no txfee and no dusting, but not sure how to achieve this as dust_policy seems to override my settings.

James

1. Payment ID is generated by payments receiver and included into transaction as a prove that sender is really created this transaction. This is not the best solution, as i know this was made as workaround. I have ideas how to go without payment_id but sender need to communicate with receiver directly.

2. I don't know what you mean here, cryptonote blockchain don't have user addresses in it. fake_outs_counter select amounts to be mixedin into ringsignature (output keys is used for this).

3. Fee can't be 0(network rule). Also, pools will not gonna mine transactions with low fee, and according to last commits will not even relay it. DEFAULT_DUST_THRESHOLD also can't be changed  since it used in blockreward formula. Don't know how you gonna avoid "dusting"... i've removed dust from block reward, but dust will appear from exchanges or bbrdice, or any other payment services.

1. My concern is that in order for Alice to Pay Bob using payment ID, if that ID (random or not) is public information and the ID ends up in the blockchain, couldnt an attacker start creating a correlation predictor based on payments to the public ID? Also it is possible to send payments without any payment ID at least it worked in my tests.

2. Sorry, I am still learning cryptonote so I just assumed the dest address is there, I guess it is the payment ID address that is there and unless that was communicated privately, info is leaked

3. After fiddling with things all weekend (half a dozen places that assumed non-zero fees!), I did manage to get it working. My use case wont have any mining, just very low difficulty (big sleep in miner loop) so that we get blocks every minute.

After problems in every step of the process I finally got it to accept a no-fee tx and then finally release it tx from the mempool and once that worked, all seemed pretty happy. I've already premined 99.2% and when I get to 99.999% the block reward will be small enough to discourage any cheating. The purpose of pNXT is to map 1:1 to NXT so that people can send NXT from its web GUI and have it use boolberry cryptonote pNXT for the transfer.

James

P.S. Good point about 32 bit mode, it seems we need to use a memory mapped blockchain file for it to have a chance.

P.P.S. zerofees should encourage a lot of tx, which provides best privacy, at least from a practical point. I guess I need to think about regular purges. With pNXT it is a matter of forcing everyone to redeem it and reset the blockchain, but that does sound rather messy...

(1)  I think it is possible to do such an analysis IF the payment ID is reused, unfortunately.  Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.  If it's only used once, then it's safe.

Payment IDs are wholly unnecessary, but there's a speed issue with having huge #s of destination addresses (and the wallet doesn't support it yet).  In general, though, one could have a lot of dests - one just needs to do more work analyzing new transactions.  It shouldn't be too horrible.

For blockchain - it's really beyond memory mapping;  the right long term solution is to incorporate something like LevelDB as a true external database.  The scratchpad doesn't need to be as big as the full blockchain, so it can remain memory mapped for mining.  But even mmap -- on 32 bit systems it's limited to 32 bits. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 01:53:05 AM

I have cryptonote newbie questions:

A) How do you generate the payment ID? I am trying to automate point to point anon payment and it seems I need a payment ID to be generated by the receiver. Also, I am assuming that this payment ID is sensitive, eg. dont want to be broadcasting this for all to see as that could allow others to trace the payment. However, maybe cryptonote works such that it is OK to have the payment ID public? The answer to this determines my approach for auto anon payments

B) fake_outs_count 0 seems to offer no anonimity, but if I set it to a high value and there are no other addresses avaiable, then it seems the tx never goes out? So, if everybody is waiting for big fake_outs_count at first, it deadlocks. I just want to make sure I understand this. Are all addresses seen on the blockchain part of the fake_outs_count pool or is there some other factor that is needed for them to be used?

C) is the dust_policy something that can be changed per transaction, or is it hardcoded? I tried to set DEFAULT_FEE to 0 and DEFAULT_DUST_THRESHOLD to 1, but it still charges 1.0 for txfee and any fractional amount also gone. Not even sure where it goes to... My idea is to make a totally frictionless anon tx possible, so I want to have no txfee and no dusting, but not sure how to achieve this as dust_policy seems to override my settings.

James

1. Payment ID is generated by payments receiver and included into transaction as a prove that sender is really created this transaction. This is not the best solution, as i know this was made as workaround. I have ideas how to go without payment_id but sender need to communicate with receiver directly.

2. I don't know what you mean here, cryptonote blockchain don't have user addresses in it. fake_outs_counter select amounts to be mixedin into ringsignature (output keys is used for this).

3. Fee can't be 0(network rule). Also, pools will not gonna mine transactions with low fee, and according to last commits will not even relay it. DEFAULT_DUST_THRESHOLD also can't be changed  since it used in blockreward formula. Don't know how you gonna avoid "dusting"... i've removed dust from block reward, but dust will appear from exchanges or bbrdice, or any other payment services.

1. My concern is that in order for Alice to Pay Bob using payment ID, if that ID (random or not) is public information and the ID ends up in the blockchain, couldnt an attacker start creating a correlation predictor based on payments to the public ID? Also it is possible to send payments without any payment ID at least it worked in my tests.

2. Sorry, I am still learning cryptonote so I just assumed the dest address is there, I guess it is the payment ID address that is there and unless that was communicated privately, info is leaked

3. After fiddling with things all weekend (half a dozen places that assumed non-zero fees!), I did manage to get it working. My use case wont have any mining, just very low difficulty (big sleep in miner loop) so that we get blocks every minute.

After problems in every step of the process I finally got it to accept a no-fee tx and then finally release it tx from the mempool and once that worked, all seemed pretty happy. I've already premined 99.2% and when I get to 99.999% the block reward will be small enough to discourage any cheating. The purpose of pNXT is to map 1:1 to NXT so that people can send NXT from its web GUI and have it use boolberry cryptonote pNXT for the transfer.

James

P.S. Good point about 32 bit mode, it seems we need to use a memory mapped blockchain file for it to have a chance.

P.P.S. zerofees should encourage a lot of tx, which provides best privacy, at least from a practical point. I guess I need to think about regular purges. With pNXT it is a matter of forcing everyone to redeem it and reset the blockchain, but that does sound rather messy...

(1)  I think it is possible to do such an analysis IF the payment ID is reused, unfortunately.  Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.  If it's only used once, then it's safe.

Payment IDs are wholly unnecessary, but there's a speed issue with having huge #s of destination addresses (and the wallet doesn't support it yet).  In general, though, one could have a lot of dests - one just needs to do more work analyzing new transactions.  It shouldn't be too horrible.

For blockchain - it's really beyond memory mapping;  the right long term solution is to incorporate something like LevelDB as a true external database.  The scratchpad doesn't need to be as big as the full blockchain, so it can remain memory mapped for mining.  But even mmap -- on 32 bit systems it's limited to 32 bits. Smiley

Is there any need to keep going back to genesis block all the time? Usually, you process the blockchain and once you are caught up you only need to keep a much smaller amount around. So a set of memory mapped (month long) subsets of the blockchain would allow total reprocessing at HDD read speeds.

Ive build caching systems that can also solve this as long as I know the furthest back I need to keep things. Then I can just purge the cache of blocks we will not need (until next restart)

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
fortheson

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:58:19 AM

almost dead . leave away.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:42:14 AM

From the cryptonote site: "In our version the sender uses the receiver's public address and his own random data to compute a one-time key for the payment."
As long as BBR did not change this, it seems that there is no need to transmit the paymentID.
Of course, the problem is that the receiver of the funds wont have a way of knowing who sent it!
Since my use case wont care about that, it is good

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:50:22 AM

Is there a BBR blockchain explorer?

James

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:54:40 AM

Dear friends!

Thanks to everyone who was involved in testing stratum poolserver! Test server found 5 blocks and was tested under hight load. Now we have working stratum pool server + miner. It's able to work with trustedshares option disabled , but if you want to safe your cpu resources - leave this enabled.

This is still not perfect, have a lot of TODOs(and i guess some bugs), we going to improve it with saving/loading scratchpad to file (local chache), uploading inital scratchpad from thirdparty storage (sourceforge or something else). Next version will be in next few days.

PS: We don't need hashrate on this server anymore, so you could disconnect your miners.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:57:01 AM

not really man, its just startign with GPU miners coming in

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:34:21 AM

there appears to be a small number (1?) of miners that have an overabundant supply of BBR

it suggests a proprietary miner, so the sooner we get a way to nullify this overabundance, the sooner the price will stabilize

Until then, to pay for the mass mining costs, daily sales to recoup the costs are needed by this theoretical big miner.
BBR tech is clearly the best and if any cryptonote is to solve the blockchain bloat problem (it does loom ahead), it will be boolberry

James

P.S. Big miner guy, plz fill my order on polo!

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:39:05 AM

ignore this post. it is a spam account. check the previous posts
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:48:28 AM

What pool are you guys using? All the ones listed on first post are way too small or dead
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:51:24 AM

What pool are you guys using? All the ones listed on first post are way too small or dead
I am not sure if any of the others have been updated except for Extremepool.
Today is the first day that mining on pools is now reasonable to do because of the working stratum miner and pool code.

http://boolberry.extremepool.org is up and running new code, hitting blocks and payouts are verified working.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:54:24 AM

James

If you want learn cryptonote/boolberry you could learn this graph:

To be honest, i'm still not clear what are you going todo.If anyone figured out - please explain me in

btc-mike

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:55:02 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 04:08:20 AM by btc-mike

These pools are using the newest code:

boolberry.extremepool.org
bbr.farm

The first post will be updated early tomorrow.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:57:15 AM

James

If you want learn cryptonote/boolberry you could learn this graph:

To be honest, i'm still not clear what are you going todo.If anyone figured out - please explain me in
Thanks. Yes, this ring sig is very similar to a design I came up with, I just didnt have the crypto background to do the advanced math.

I just want to allow NXT users to have a "private send" button that allows them to send NXT to where they want without anybody being able to figure it out. To do this I need a way to use cryptonote tech for a coin that exactly matches NXT market price. The only solution for that is to make a fork, hence pNXT.

Now I can zap pNXT around and also route it through BBR. I am also adding another layer of encryption so good luck to anybody trying to correlate payments.

James

BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:58:21 AM

I am not sure if any of the others have been updated except for Extremepool.
Today is the first day that mining on pools is now reasonable to do because of the working stratum miner and pool code.

http://boolberry.extremepool.org is up and running new code, hitting blocks and payouts are verified working.
Can't seem to connect to any of Extremepool's ports. Easyminer just keeps showing this

33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 05:03:46 AM

I am not sure that easyminer works.  in fact I am almost 100% sure it doesn't.

I know there is a link to it on the site but that is just because I haven't removed it yet. 

I will be going over the code tomorrow and putting proper instructions up on the site on how to mine it, but right now you have to have Linux and download the cpuminer-multi from cryptozoidbergs repo at github.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
ripplebtc

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:12:33 AM

Is there a BBR blockchain explorer?

James

Please give a huge thanks to monerochain for making us a Blockchain Explorer!!

http://bbr.cryptostats.org/

There is LOTS of information on the charts tab.

Don't forget to show your appreciation with some Donations.

dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:20:00 AM

I am not sure that easyminer works.  in fact I am almost 100% sure it doesn't.

I know there is a link to it on the site but that is just because I haven't removed it yet. 

I will be going over the code tomorrow and putting proper instructions up on the site on how to mine it, but right now you have to have Linux and download the cpuminer-multi from cryptozoidbergs repo at github.

any cpuminer-multi .exe version
we need windows executable version

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:54:54 AM

These pools are using the newest code:

boolberry.extremepool.org
bbr.farm

The first post will be updated early tomorrow.

Okay, now that the stratum mining is resolved, Whats the status of the status of the release of the GPU miiner?
Allow

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:44:18 AM

I like very much your professionalism. Smiley

Can i try to redesign your "brand"? Like a new Website, fix some detail on Logo (or a new logo), BBR Coin, business graphics etc etc.

I'd be happy to help you reach the next level. I think you deserve it,especially if compared to many others crypto-currencies. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: