Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:52:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 09:48:04 PM

Just in case anyone wants the mini-window version of this tool always floating on top in Windows environment
there is this simple tool "Always Top" which will do that:

http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/

Use it all the time, works like a charm. Once you activate the program, just hit control-space bar on the window you always want in the foreground.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 09:51:48 PM

Hey Jessi this tool is cool like ice  Cool

I really like the graphic of the Bitcoin logo made into an alarm clock.  Might be fun to have one of those old-style alarm clocks with a Bitcoin logo as the face  Grin

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 09:58:18 PM

Jessi,

After you get some feedback, and make minor changes, if any, I would then re-post an official "announcement" thread, with a proper title this time, something like "Announcing Bitcoin Trading Alarm Tool"

Think a lot of folks on the Speculation Forum board are going to like this.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:03:44 PM

I am actually able to resize the mini-window version, after removing the address bar.  (firefox 5.0, windows 7)

Floating in front of all my BTC data charts. Very cool.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:05:22 PM

Jessi,

After you get some feedback, and make minor changes, if any, I would then re-post an official "announcement" thread, with a proper title this time, something like "Announcing Bitcoin Trading Alarm Tool"

Yeah, this would probably increase your donations.   Wink

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:06:28 PM

Just in case anyone wants the mini-window version of this tool always floating on top in Windows environment

Use it all the time, works like a charm. Once you activate the program, just hit control-space bar on the window you always want in the foreground.
Hey, very good Idea! I placed it as a hint after the tool itself. Do you have an own project? Then I could place a link for you, too. ;-)

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:07:00 PM

Hey Jessi this tool is cool like ice  Cool

I really like the graphic of the Bitcoin logo made into an alarm clock.  Might be fun to have one of those old-style alarm clocks with a Bitcoin logo as the face  Grin
Wow, thank you!!! Smiley

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:08:03 PM

Jessi,

Yes, maybe... let´s see, what is happening during next days. If more like this tools and if more have suggestions what I could improve and all (maybe) bugs are fixed, then I´ll decide if it is worth...

StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:08:15 PM

I could really see this as an all inclusive Price Ticker AND Alarm tool in future versions.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:09:06 PM

I am actually able to resize the mini-window version, after removing the address bar.  (firefox 5.0, windows 7)

Floating in front of all my BTC data charts. Very cool.
Yes, this way it should work and that way I used it, too, during last nights. Smiley

StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:09:42 PM

Hey, very good Idea! I placed it as a hint after the tool itself. Do you have an own project? Then I could place a link for you, too. ;-)

No link necessary for me. This tool is my gift.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:12:04 PM

I could really see this as an all inclusive Price Ticker AND Alarm tool in future versions.
Good Idea... I am going to think about it...

StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:15:47 PM

I've been verifying the data from other chart tools, and so far it is refrehsing the correct Buy, Last,and Sell prices.

Good job.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:17:52 PM

this tools is awesome Smiley i got something similar on sierra  Grin

Sierra has alarms too, but what I like about Jessi's is that it's browser based, has mini window option, and easy to use/setup.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:23:44 PM

this tools is awesome Smiley i got something similar on sierra  Grin
Thank you! Smiley

I noticed that Sierra has alarms, but I did not use it, yet, because what I needed was a tool which keeps a low load on my cpu, because sometimes I have to work on other things and sierra is too big for such little things what I am doing with bitcoin-trading. Also I don´t want to install sierra on all my systems.
Anyway I am sure, that there are some other tools around, which could also do the same, but as I liked to do an own solution, I did not search for those, yet. Smiley

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:25:54 PM

I've been verifying the data from other chart tools, and so far it is refrehsing the correct Buy, Last,and Sell prices.

Good job.
Thanks. I did compare it during last two days, too and did not find major differences. Some times it is a bit slower, than the price inside Mt.Gox itself, sometimes a bit different to Mt.Gox live (even if I take the data from Mt.Gox-Ticker). I guess this behavior is because of the caching. Anyway it always informed me fast enough and during last two night I was able to make a few BTCs by trading fast enough. Smiley

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:27:49 PM

Sierra has alarms too, but what I like about Jessi's is that it's browser based, has mini window option, and easy to use/setup.
To set it up very easy, was most important for me, too. Because sometimes you have to react fast and if you are during other work and don´t have much time, it´s nice to change one number only and you´ll keep informed.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:30:07 PM

If you maximize the mini-window (double click window bar) it so nicely fills the screen.

A great visual Bitcoin Ticker/Alarm, when I'm further away from the laptop.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:34:13 PM

brilliant, donating tomorrow

I like the bull & bear sounds but it would be cool if one could customise or at least have options for a few others that were more subtile in case those become a bit too much when one has alarms set very close to the last price that go off a lot, many thanks for this app Jessi

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:37:02 PM

brilliant, donating tomorrow

I like the bull & bear sounds but it would be cool if one could customise or at least have options for a few others that were more subtile in case become a bit too much when one has alarms set very close to the last price that go off a lot, many thanks for this app
Thank you very much!

This is a good Idea. I´ll see what I can do, about the Sounds. I liked the bull-sound, but the bear isn´t good like I want, but I did not find a better one.
Anyway, this could be a good Idea to choose for each alarm a sound. Maybe by a drop down under each field? This could contain other alarms and also a Version where it only gives optical alarm like flashing or something else...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: