Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19900 times)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:39:09 PM

many thanks, yes I was going to suggest that too, an optical flashing red or green only option

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:39:28 PM

Question: is the ability for changing refresh based on any special needs, bandwidth, etc?

If it runs fine at 10 seconds cache for everyone, would that be a redundant choice to have?

Just curious.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:41:25 PM

many thanks, yes I was going to suggest that too, an optical flashing red or green only option

Any kind of visual indicator would be a nice add-on. Red for low, green for high, something like that.
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:45:02 PM

Any kind of visual indicator would be a nice add-on. Red for low, green for high, something like that.

Yes, good idea! I guess, I could do that so... let me see what I can make...

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:47:47 PM

Question: is the ability for changing refresh based on any special needs, bandwidth, etc?

If it runs fine at 10 seconds cache for everyone, would that be a redundant choice to have?

Just curious.
As Mt. Gox is telling in their API-Description "All of the API methods below have cached results, ticker, depth . . . have a 10 seconds cache . No need to poll more often, you wont have more results, you could just be blocked by the prolexic anti ddos features."
I guess that 10 Seconds is the best time to load. Anyway it could be that someone only keeps informed and does not have to react. For this people I decided to make it chooseable, because maybe an information every Minute or even Hour could be enough for them.

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:49:30 PM

You know everyone is going to want to have add-ons.   Grin

But if you left it just the way it is, I'm happy as pie.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:50:09 PM

Just curious.
As Mt. Gox is telling in their API-Description "All of the API methods below have cached results, ticker, depth . . . have a 10 seconds cache . No need to poll more often, you wont have more results, you could just be blocked by the prolexic anti ddos features."
I guess that 10 Seconds is the best time to load. Anyway it could be that someone only keeps informed and does not have to react. For this people I decided to make it chooseable, because maybe an information every Minute or even Hour could be enough for them.

Got it!

If someone were to choose lower refresh than 10, against Mt Gox API "directive", could it cause problems with the alert tool?
StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:05:11 PM

IMHO...

Using the mini-window, I think making the clock a little more transparent/translucent would make it easier to read Text and Data.

I like the design of the bitcoin clock though, don't change that.
tripper22

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:11:12 PM

Great job Jessi! Maybe you could change the url icon so it looks different than the other browser tabs we all have up. Maybe an alarm clock favicon. Like the one found here:

http://www.freefavicon.com/freefavicons/objects/alpha.php  

Keep up the good work!  Grin
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 11:13:11 PM

Than I am happy, too. Smiley I really was a bit frightened that this tool is only for me useful, because here are so big things around from which I am so far away with this tool.
Anyway I have since some month ago in mind, to make a little page which containing many little tools like this one, because I do not want to participate only on those things others are releasing, I just want to give something back to the scene, even if it is not as big as those great tools out there are...  

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 11:15:15 PM

Just curious.

Got it!

If someone were to choose lower refresh than 10, against Mt Gox API "directive", could it cause problems with the alert tool?
Maybe... I am not sure about that, because they also explained how to grab data from their ticker from other pages and if those pages are called from many people this could end up in a higher interval. We´ll see what´s happening after more people like to use this. Maybe I have to regulate it over my server that the server himself only catches every 10 seconds the data from the ticker.
If the tool is not delivering any more, let me know, please. ;-)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 11:16:01 PM

IMHO...

Using the mini-window, I think making the clock a little more transparent/translucent would make it easier to read Text and Data.

I like the design of the bitcoin clock though, don't change that.
Ok. I´ll do so in next release...

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 11:16:33 PM

Great job Jessi! Maybe you could change the url icon so it looks different than the other browser tabs we all have up. Maybe an alarm clock favicon. Like the one found here:

http://www.freefavicon.com/freefavicons/objects/alpha.php  

Keep up the good work!  Grin
Yeah! Thank you. I´ll do that, too.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:18:05 PM

Than I am happy, too. Smiley I really was a bit frightened that this tool is only for me useful, because here are so big things around from which I am so far away with this tool.
Anyway I have since some month ago in mind, to make a little page which containing many little tools like this one, because I do not want to participate only on those things others are releasing, I just want to give something back to the scene, even if it is not as big as those great tools out there are...  

You would be amazed how such a simple tool like this can make a difference.

Now I dont have to scroll back and forth between charts to verify pricing. And I get an alarm when prices hit a certain level.

You saw the need on that "sleepless" thread, smart !
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 11:38:12 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2012, 12:08:23 AM by adamstgBit

very cool!
 Cheesy
I added a listing for this cool tool on thebitcoinreview.com
http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=826

my 2 bitcents
add a e-mail option. (ex. if price goes over 7.50$ send e-mail to xxx@xxx.coom)

StewartJ

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 11:47:38 PM

The Mini-Window version of this tool is Dah Bomb.  

It's not easy to see it, but there is a link for this on the main tool page

Tip for using Mini-Window version:

Remove web address bar using browser command, resize window to suit your need, use "Always on Top" tool to always have as foreground window.

By the way Jessi, why not remove the web address bar from the Mini Window? It's steals valuable real estate from the mini interface and it's not necessary as it serves no browsing function anyhow?
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 12:28:08 AM

You would be amazed how such a simple tool like this can make a difference.

Now I dont have to scroll back and forth between charts to verify pricing. And I get an alarm when prices hit a certain level.

You saw the need on that "sleepless" thread, smart !
Smiley

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 12:30:05 AM

very cool!
 Cheesy
I added a listing for this cool tool on thebitcoinreview.com
http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=826

my 2 bitcents
add a e-mail option. (ex. if price goes over 7.50$ send e-mail to xxx@xxx.coom)
Thank you, very much. I was thinking about that. Or even to send a tweet. But for this I should have to implement some logic to the server finally, to keep it useful for the case you turn your computer off.
Anyway I could maybe implement it easyly for the case you keep your computer running...

Let me think a bit about it. ;-)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 12:31:48 AM

The Mini-Window version of this tool is Dah Bomb.  

It's not easy to see it, but there is a link for this on the main tool page

Tip for using Mini-Window version:

Remove web address bar using browser command, resize window to suit your need, use "Always on Top" tool to always have as foreground window.

By the way Jessi, why not remove the web address bar from the Mini Window? It's steals valuable real estate from the mini interface and it's not necessary as it serves no browsing function anyhow?
You are right. I don´t like the adress bar, too.
I am not sure, if it is still possible (did not use PopUps for long time)?! Aren´t PopUps in modern Browsers always opening including adress-bar first? I have to take a closer look at...

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 12:36:24 AM

Anyway, I made some little updates:
- Favicon is included now
- The "Bitcoin Alarm clock" is a bit more transparent (about 10%) to keep all more readable
- The first step of other alarms is included what means an optical alarm for each column

What still is missing:
- sound-chooser for different sound (and for turn of sound, keeping only optical alarm)
- email-alarm (if kept running this tool)
- email-alarm (even if tool is closed, but this maybe later)
- twitter-alarm (maybe later, if someone wants it)
- ticker for more data (which data?)
- maybe more alarms (on what?)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: