Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:46:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:01:20 PM

(I forgot to mention that I always remove the browsing address bar in the mini window, using Firefox command, to make better use of the mini-window real estate.)

how do u do this?

btw, what a great little tool this has developed into!

I use Firefox browser.  In the mini-window hover over address bar, right click and uncheck "navigation bar"

Not sure how it works for other browsers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:08:58 PM

(I forgot to mention that I always remove the browsing address bar in the mini window, using Firefox command, to make better use of the mini-window real estate.)

how do u do this?

I use Firefox browser.  In the mini-window hover over address bar, right click and uncheck "navigation bar"

Chrome doesn't allow this. Angry
StewartJ

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:22:22 PM

how do u do this?

I use Firefox browser.  In the mini-window hover over address bar, right click and uncheck "navigation bar"

I googled couple potential solutions.

First, try removing (temporarily) on your full size Chrome browser, the address bar.  THEN click on the link to the mini window. It should remember the setting for the mini version.

Also, I saw that ctrl+shit+a is a keyboard shortcut for removing address bar in Chrome, see if that works for the mini window.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:31:55 PM

how do u do this?

I use Firefox browser.  In the mini-window hover over address bar, right click and uncheck "navigation bar"

First, try removing (temporarily) on your full size Chrome browser, the address bar.  THEN click on the link to the mini window. It should remember the setting for the mini version.

Also, I saw that ctrl+shit+a is a keyboard shortcut for removing address bar in Chrome, see if that works for the mini window.

Cheesy
StewartJ

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 06:30:51 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2012, 07:18:49 PM by StewartJ

how do u do this?

Also, I saw that ctrl+turd+a is a keyboard shortcut for removing address bar in Chrome, see if that works for the mini window.

Cheesy

Did you figure it out?   Did ctr+poop+a work for you?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 12:22:08 AM

how do u do this?

Also, I saw that ctrl+turd+a is a keyboard shortcut for removing address bar in Chrome, see if that works for the mini window.

Cheesy

Did you figure it out?   Did ctr+poop+a work for you?

no, it didn't.  perhaps its b/c i'm on a Mac.  i did some googling as well but couldn't find anything else about it except for about:flag which didn't work either.  Sad

i finally got the timeout for the alarm.  i would suggest Jessi change the solid continuous green square to a red one.  minor change...
StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 02:05:16 AM

no, it didn't.  perhaps its b/c i'm on a Mac.  i did some googling as well but couldn't find anything else about it except for about:flag which didn't work either.  Sad

i finally got the timeout for the alarm.  i would suggest Jessi change the solid continuous green square to a red one.  minor change...

I am getting off and on the same thing, frozen green square. Which indicates the data feed slowed or paused. That's a nice feature that I do not see any of the other BTC chart/data tools having: warning you of potential data feed pauses/slowdowns.  I like the green square for when its working; wonder if Jessi could have it turn to red square if it freezes for more than a few seconds? dunno...

StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 02:22:56 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 02:56:40 AM by StewartJ

Jessi,

Had an interesting thought on making the Alert/Ticker tool even more useful, without too much of a fuss.

Since the tool acts as both a ticker of current Buy/Last/Sell prices AND also provides alarms for High/Low preset in all 3 categories,
I thought why not add a little BTC Calculator?

It could be a simple entry field to enter BTC amount, and beside it, the converted USD readout always based on last price.

So, if I were to buy 100 Bitcoins,  I can monitor how much I am making/losing real time. Or I can use it to quickly convert any BTC figure I imagine to the USD price. I also see that by shifting the Mute/Flash Icons up beside the refresh read-out , it might leave enough room for the BTC calculator entry field/USD readout, especially in the limited space of the mini-window. You could have simple labels, one on the left with "BTC IN: (entry field for entering BTC amount)" and on the right, "USD OUT: (read-out of current worth in USD)"

Now you would have a Swiss Army Knife BTC tool... a Price Ticker, Price Alarm and BTC Calculator!

Anyway, just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 03:44:20 AM

Jessi,

Had an interesting thought on making the Alert/Ticker tool even more useful, without too much of a fuss.

Since the tool acts as both a ticker of current Buy/Last/Sell prices AND also provides alarms for High/Low preset in all 3 categories,
Hehehe - you are always on the same trip like I am! Smiley
I am thinking about this BTC calculator-thing during a few days.
I´ve got an Excel-Sheet for this, but anyway I am thinking about bringing this "live" in a Tool.

It could be a simple entry field to enter BTC amount, and beside it, the converted USD readout always based on last price.

So, if I were to buy 100 Bitcoins,  I can monitor how much I am making/losing real time. Or I can use it to quickly convert any BTC figure I imagine to the USD price. I also see that by shifting the Mute/Flash Icons up beside the refresh read-out , it might leave enough room for the BTC calculator entry field/USD readout, especially in the limited space of the mini-window. You could have simple labels, one on the left with "BTC IN: (entry field for entering BTC amount)" and on the right, "USD OUT: (read-out of current worth in USD)"

Now you would have a Swiss Army Knife BTC tool... a Price Ticker, Price Alarm and BTC Calculator!

The direction is the same, but I am thinking about a Step more... Maybe I am placing the Sheet first online to keep more clear about what I am talking... ;-)
My Excel Sheet also calculates the minimum/maximum Price where to buy or to sell again without loss and also the win finally. This is working for five steps finally.
I guess I have to place it online! ;-)

The only thing about what I am not clear is if it should be a seperate Tool, which could be opened seperately, if needed or if it would be better to place it inside the existing Tool...

Anyway today a little update on the page itself. I opened a link-section with all my bookmarks. Surely they are incomplete, errors inside and tools are missing, but all of you feel free, please and send me new links! ;-)

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Jessi,

Hehehe - you are always on the same trip like I am! Smiley
I am thinking about this BTC calculator-thing during a few days.
I´ve got an Excel-Sheet for this, but anyway I am thinking about bringing this "live" in a Tool.

The direction is the same, but I am thinking about a Step more... Maybe I am placing the Sheet first online to keep more clear about what I am talking... ;-)
My Excel Sheet also calculates the minimum/maximum Price where to buy or to sell again without loss and also the win finally. This is working for five steps finally.
I guess I have to place it online! ;-)

The only thing about what I am not clear is if it should be a seperate Tool, which could be opened seperately, if needed or if it would be better to place it inside the existing Tool...

Anyway today a little update on the page itself. I opened a link-section with all my bookmarks. Surely they are incomplete, errors inside and tools are missing, but all of you feel free, please and send me new links! ;-)

Excellent and practical tool that would be, to calculate profitable buy/sell points. 

For now, I keep going back and forth between the mini-window and another online btc calculator to verify the worth of my btc holdings. That's what got me thinking about a btc calculator as an Alert Tool add-on.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 06:01:14 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 06:13:49 PM by StewartJ

Jessi,

I still think this would be a great addition, to the mini-window version anyway.

There is a space for it and it's relevant data for a BTC trader, I so could of used that during our crazy BTC action  last night.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 07:31:04 PM

Hey Jessi:

Went ahead and plugged the Alert Tool on another bitcoin forum:

http://www.bitcoinforums.net/threads/what-bitcoin-sidebar-gadget-do-you-use-if-any.364/

StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

Jessi, found a little BTC calculator windows gadget to go along with the Alert Tool, both work like a charm!

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:00:08 PM

Jessi, found a little BTC calculator windows gadget to go along with the Alert Tool, both work like a charm!

link?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:17:00 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 10:28:42 PM by StewartJ

link?

here:
http://domchi.cc/mybitcoins/

Updates slow default, so I had to tweak the update time.
old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 10:26:50 PM

Here are 2 minor things I've encountered using the mini-window version:

First, noticed that when I enter a price in the entry field, sometimes before I finish entering the price, the alarm goes off. For instance, lets say the current price is $6.50 and I want to enter in the "High" entry field the number $6.95, if I type in the number 6, somtimes it triggers the alarm before I can finish typing in the rest of the price. Is there anyway to give a few seconds focus for data entry, so the alarm does not inadvertently trigger? Or do I just have  to type faster?  :-)
Yes, I know what you mean. I recognized this, too and it´s because of the programm-design itself.  As not everyone will enter directly after starting the programm some numbers, a simple "wait" would not work here. Only a delay during typing. But what would happen, if the data is changing during typing? You would not be informed, even if you have made a correct entry. Or if it would start the alarm-check after leaving the field, what would happen, if you forget to leave and the cursor remain still inside?  Wink
It´s hard to catch if you don´t want to loose the fast reaction... I have to think about it.

I suggest that whenever a field is edited, the refresh timer should be reset to 10 seconds.  That way no alarms can go off while data entry is being performed.
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 03:28:41 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 03:42:28 AM by Jessi

Today I made a new little update of the Tool.
- containing the calculator which is far away from being perfect, but could help
- now input-fields are restricted to only that kind of data which should be placed into them
- you can jump now from field to field (top to bottom and then next column) by using tabulator-key
- minor bugfixes
- some layout-changes

This is still really far away from my spreadsheet, but that one would not fit into this window. I think I would make a seperate Tool for that.

Some things still need improvements:
- the calculator is still synchronized with the data-update. This would be better if synchronizing instantly during changing the data AND during updates. Working on this...
- also the second field, which allows to calculate the $ ammount back to BTC instead of the static $ output. Working on this...
- still missing the preferences for sound
- ok. I saw the comment about the refresh timer and this could be a good Idea. I´ll what I can do next time.

Hope you like it! ;-)

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:13:16 AM

- containing the calculator which is far away from being perfect, but could help
- now input-fields are restricted to only that kind of data which should be placed into them
- you can jump now from field to field (top to bottom and then next column) by using tabulator-key
- minor bugfixes
- some layout-changes

This is still really far away from my spreadsheet, but that one would not fit into this window. I think I would make a seperate Tool for that.

Some things still need improvements:
- the calculator is still synchronized with the data-update. This would be better if synchronizing instantly during changing the data AND during updates. Working on this...
- also the second field, which allows to calculate the $ ammount back to BTC instead of the static $ output. Working on this...
- still missing the preferences for sound
- ok. I saw the comment about the refresh timer and this could be a good Idea. I´ll what I can do next time.

Hope you like it! ;-)

Does the calculator take depth into account?

(BFL)^2 < 0
StewartJ

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:53:13 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 05:32:07 AM by StewartJ

- minor bugfixes
- some layout-changes

Hope you like it! ;-)

Jessi, well you did implement the calculator. Kudos for that. Works great in the full size version.

But in the mini-window, the calculator results are just about non-readable when the window is re-sized smaller. And it's turned into a cluttered layout.

I see you created 3 different calculators for Buy/Last/Sell, however I think just one simple calculator, for the last price, would be all that is required.

I did a graphic mockup for a simpler layout of the alert tool with simple calculator, for mini window:

Let me know what you think. It does use the older cleaner look.  I kind of miss the previous version now...   Smiley
StewartJ

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:22:04 AM

Just a quickie: noticed the numbers now are not centered in the entry fields, but right justified.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: