Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:54:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:16:34 AM

just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?
Wow! Smiley Sometimes I am happy that I made the work and did share it with you all because I know exactly how bad it is to loose much... ;-)

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:18:38 AM

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?
Yes, this would be possible. I am thinking these days about a tool, based on this tool and a spreadsheet which I have. Maybe I´ll do this next days... But I am unsure, because my intension in trading dropped very much today. Anyway it could be an intresting project which I would like to see alive.

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:18:55 AM

just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?

You mean like a Stop Loss Order?  
that would be most excellent and im sure you would receive plenty donations if you did it so there is some incentive even if you do decide to halt trading.  

how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:19:05 AM

Jessi,

Wanted to show you the Alert/Calc tool in action on my BTC trading rig:

what are those  pull down bars at the top of the firefox status bar?  "MTGOX BTC.."

More of the "Stickies" notes.  They are rolled up into into title bar mode, double-click on them and they
roll out into the Notes again.  I find them handy for storing BTC trade data and notes:
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/index.html

The Stickies have API capabilities for integrating stuff, I should learn to do something with that.
I did send you a PM ;-)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:22:43 AM

just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

You mean like a Stop Loss Order? 

yes  Wink
It´s not very hard to realize on this base, because most things are done...
Only to be implemented would be a server logic which is placing the order.
Finally there could be a buy and a sell order and one more step ahed it could be also automatically cancelled depending on some mathematics.
This would be a "half" bot. There are much things what could be integrated.

StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:26:36 AM

Jessi,

Wanted to show you the Alert/Calc tool in action on my BTC trading rig:

what are those  pull down bars at the top of the firefox status bar?  "MTGOX BTC.."

More of the "Stickies" notes.  They are rolled up into into title bar mode, double-click on them and they
roll out into the Notes again.  I find them handy for storing BTC trade data and notes:
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/index.html

The Stickies have API capabilities for integrating stuff, I should learn to do something with that.
I did send you a PM ;-)

Thanks!!  PM'ed you back.  Will get you some feedback on this tomorrow.

chsados

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:31:10 AM

it would be really nifty to make a sticky displaying the buying and selling data similar to clark moodys.  

this makes me wish i payed more attention to programming in school.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:32:25 AM

Wow! Smiley Sometimes I am happy that I made the work and did share it with you all because I know exactly how bad it is to loose much... ;-)

Looks like a testimonial from another satisfied user of the Alert/Calc tool.  

You should post these on your web site Jessi, with users' permissions of course.  Smiley

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:38:15 AM

it would be really nifty to make a sticky displaying the buying and selling data similar to clark moodys.  

I love that clarkmoody real-time Bid/Ask/Trading history app, but it always conks out on me. I think it was even down or "suspended" today?  Wonder how hard it would be to do what you're proposing.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:42:46 AM

how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?
It would not be HTML only. You need also Server and Client scripting. For example PHP or ASP for Server and Flash or Javascript for Client. You need communication in both directions.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:45:07 AM

You don´t need a school for learning programming. Today there is so much material around where you can learn from by yourself...

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:46:21 AM

You should post these on your web site Jessi, with users' permissions of course.  Smiley

Hey, that´s a really good Idea!!!

Then let me ask all of you: can I use the given comments for my site?

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

I love that clarkmoody real-time Bid/Ask/Trading history app, but it always conks out on me. I think it was even down or "suspended" today?  Wonder how hard it would be to do what you're proposing.

Yes it was, and most times I use it to reduce my risk. Today I traded without because it was offline and was burned...

Clarkmoody Tool is a really good tool and I am wondering about the way he did the programming. Some kind of genius for me, because it´s really hard to stream that fast so many data and let the most work do by clients browser instead of your server. Really cool!!

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:49:48 AM

how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?
It would not be HTML only. You need also Server and Client scripting. For example PHP or ASP for Server and Flash or Javascript for Client. You need communication in both directions.

Jessi, one last thing before I go to bed... why not revise your forum signature to read:

Bitcoin Price Alert and Calculator
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 05:50:27 AM

Jessi, one last ting before I go to bed... revise your forum signature to read:

Bitcoin Price Alert and Calculator
;-)

chsados

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:51:30 AM

yes! i will certainly be donating some BTC once i regain a few bucks.  in any case much kharma coming your way  Grin
chsados

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:55:05 AM

how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?

well i would hope i would easily be able to figure out the basics through google.  i would need to find a tutorial that shows how something similar is done.  i do understand basic programming logic as i have taken 2 years of intermediate C++ but totally slacked off in it.  if it is as simple as figuring out how to set it up so that information is accessed through the API and then writing simple if/then statements then i think its something i could definitely do with a bunch of coffee cigs n bud.

maybe if you do decide to do this, or anything at all in the future you could setup a screen rec of your work?    Grin
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 06:20:21 AM

yes! i will certainly be donating some BTC once i regain a few bucks.  in any case much kharma coming your way  Grin
Thank you very much!!

Anyway a good kharma could be much better than any other for me, because during last months I had such a bad one. ;-)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 06:25:10 AM

well i would hope i would easily be able to figure out the basics through google.  i would need to find a tutorial that shows how something similar is done.  i do understand basic programming logic as i have taken 2 years of intermediate C++ but totally slacked off in it.  if it is as simple as figuring out how to set it up so that information is accessed through the API and then writing simple if/then statements then i think its something i could definitely do with a bunch of coffee cigs n bud.
Yeah, sure, it´s allmost good documented. It´s not really hard to do such things. Anyway much try & error programming if you do it this way..

maybe if you do decide to do this, or anything at all in the future you could setup a screen rec of your work?    Grin
Huh... that would be a big file, because I allmost not very fast... Smiley

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:53:29 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2012, 01:46:44 AM by StewartJ

just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?

Hey, that´s a really good Idea!!!

Then let me ask all of you: can I use the given comments for my site?

Sure, please feel to use mine. Think I have one that says "A must-have BTC trading tool!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: