Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:22:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maidsafe  (Read 9390 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:14:53 AM

For the people that don't understand, it is very likely to be a scam :
The idea of paying for a decentralized peer-to-peer Internet is totally contradictory. If you get money to run nodes, then you'll inevitably end up with centralised nodes !
The fact that this copy of freenet omit to quote freenet and claim to be a new idea is the proof that MaidSafe is highly dodgy.
It could also be a manipulation to pump the price of MasterCoin up as the price per MSC is fixed.
While it may well be a scam, it is possible to be decentralized because of the chunking, and the passwords being located only on your computer. In addition, it is unlikely that all the nodes will wind up in some central area. While many of the nodes might be centralized, the whole thing will be located on many times the 13 root servers. Parts of it will always be located on lots of little home computers located all over the place. Will the centralizing that will inevitably happen be enough to overcome the separate nodes of all the little home computers? Even if it is, there should be enough to keep the Internet decentralized. And because of the chunking, the only advantage that the centralization might have is to be a complete on/off switch, rather than a blocking of particular websites or email services.
Smiley

As the network will become centralised, it will be possible to know which chunk come from where and maybe access some data.
Also data could be simply deleted and lost.
Any network involving cryptocurrency become centralised because of the competition for money.

I've just seen this :
The MaidSafe Foundation, a registered charity, actually own the patents.
In order to use MaidSafe, you have to trust The MaidSafe Foundation who is simply the MaidSafe staff.

It is against the idea of decentralized and free Internet. MaidSafe aim to replace Internet by making it centralised. This is absurd.
MaidSafe will have access to your data any time, will be able to sell it and I think they will do as they are greedy as hell.

I agree with the potential for most of what you say. However, if they happen to be altruistically minded, the benefit they offer will be tremendous, if they ever get their coding/scripting done so that people can use it.

We all need to keep whatever programming we design, cached/saved on our own computers. Then, in the future, if Maidsafe turns out to be a bunch of greedy dogs, all we need to do is go back to the old way we did it.

As dirvine said above, "None of the sale is founders shares, proceeds will actually be used to create competitors to MaidSafe itself, which is unusual but very important we feel." So, if the ability to fork MaidSafe is NOT allowed freely in the future, and if, as he said, "... we are in talks with CODA about an IP pool to protect all decentralised apps," is not something that is to be applied to the public domain, we will all see it before we get a long way into using the MaidSafe protocol, and we will abandon it.

The potential benefit is great, while the dangers are limited by our vigilance.

Smiley

EDIT: True, MaidSafe could DECLARE that the patents are in the public domain with signed paperwork to that effect.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:09:07 AM

Isn't it some kind of altcoin discussion?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:21:46 AM

Isn't it some kind of altcoin discussion?

MaidSafe is/will be a decentralized Internet. They are/will be starting their own cryptocurrency called Safecoin. Only the future will tell if what they are doing will work or not.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
pandacoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:24:09 AM

Okay, so Safecoin is the new altcoin. I still don't know how this topic is related to Bitcoin discussion.
Besides all, MaidSafe name is a bad choice, they need to rename it.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 11:30:14 AM

How is that "proof of resource" thing supposed to work? Bandwidth, storage space etc can easily be spoofed or faked. Only computing power cannot be tampered with, as at the end of the day it is the consumption of pure entropy.

If they really have found a way to reach a consensus without the need for burning CPU cycles, and without fragile proof of stake / web of trust approaches, then indeed that might turn out to be a Bitcoin killer.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:49:30 AM

Anybody knows what is happening? Why maidsafe don't list the mastercoin address  1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu anymore and continue to list only  the bitcoin address  1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E  for fundraising?  Huh Have they problems with the particular address due to traffic or something like that or could it be something "bigger" than that ?

PS until now (2 hours) they received about $1.200.000 only from bitcoins*
I suppose they have get more from mastercoins due the best deal for fundraisers...

PS2 After they taked the mastercoin address out MSC price has dropped from 0.17 btc to 0.09 btc !!!

* https://blockchain.info/address/1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E?offset=0&filter=0

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:00:14 PM

Anybody knows what is happening? Why maidsafe don't list the mastercoin address  1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu anymore and continue to list only  the bitcoin address  1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E  for fundraising?  Huh Have they problems with the particular address due to traffic or something like that or could it be something "bigger" than that ?
I suppose they have get more from mastercoins due the best deal for fundraisers...
PS2 After they taked the mastercoin address out MSC price has dropped from 0.17 btc to 0.09 btc !!!
* https://blockchain.info/address/1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E?offset=0&filter=0

Genius scammers. Unbelievable.

They planned in advance to pump&dump Mastercoin to make even more money.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:02:48 PM

I am waiting to see my Safecoins in my Mastercoin protocol. It was a gamble, and it isn't over yet.

Smiley

wheresmycoin

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:25:17 PM

So who's going to be the guy to start minting the physicals? Grin
crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:34:58 PM

Genius scammers. Unbelievable.

They planned in advance to pump&dump Mastercoin to make even more money.

From the start, what they are doing is manipulating the market. I don't think a promising project's dev would do something like this to make their coin become notorious》

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
liondani

Activity: 97

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:37:20 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577149.new#new

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:51:17 PM

There's already a google wallet and Amazon coins.  Then there's Ripple and Marinecoin.  We don't need another rigged
Scam corporate coin like safecoin.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:16:32 PM

1.2 million in BTC for vaporware given to a charity with no legal comebacks......I really need to run an IPO.
Anyone want some EvilCoin?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:43:13 PM

1.2 million in BTC for vaporware given to a charity with no legal comebacks......I really need to run an IPO.

Wrong branding. "DaveSafe" would be a better name - even a honest one. Cheesy

I don't know if it's vaporware, but it's too expensive given the unknown status of the project imho.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
dirvine

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:01:50 AM

I am waiting to see my Safecoins in my Mastercoin protocol. It was a gamble, and it isn't over yet.

Smiley

Thanks ;-) we are processing the BTC manually now with the help of the Master Protocol team, it was a rush for sure. We had and are having a few issues with omiwallet and I think the master exchanges are having some sync issues (if you used MSC to buy in). We have everything recoded though and the blockchain does to. Pretty leading edge for sure but it's secure. That's our main priority. I hope by end of today we have all the transactions done. Omiwallet needs to sync with a system that's under stress at the moment, it will hopefully resolve soon. Anyhow we are processing the inputs and the guys should have an on line spreadsheet showing the manual orders being processed as they are done. I do know they said it was painful, I am heading to the office to see if I can help now (3am, tired staff need coffee).  This is where though the blockchain is great, we can audit everything and make sure nobody loses out.

Thanks again
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:06:54 AM

Clueless as usual.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CounterpartyCapital

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:14:57 AM

Hello friends   Cool there is a trading thread here now you know  Shocked

I just opened one!  Grin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580928.msg6348002#msg6348002
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:16:53 AM

Clueless as usual.

How so?  Maid Safe has been 8 years in development and it'll likely never release.  Everyone just gave these guys over a $1 million, that'll likely pay the six figure salaries for the developers for years to come.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
pandacoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:22:17 AM

I can't believe how people fall for these scams.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:01:02 AM

Clueless as usual.

How so?  Maid Safe has been 8 years in development and it'll likely never release.  Everyone just gave these guys over a $1 million, that'll likely pay the six figure salaries for the developers for years to come.

Have you read the papers?

Have you looked at the code in GitHub?

Have you met David Irvine?

So you really are unqualified to make that judgement on whether $1 million (actually $2.5 million in BTC) was worth it.   Reality check,  VCs spend tens of millions on companies that go nowhere every day. 

These folks seem to have a system where resources contributed to the network add to the value of the network.  Unlike BTC, where mining just usually goes to waste energy.

Anyway,  I'm an investor here.  So if it pops like Ripple, then we are talking here of about a 10x gain at least.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print