Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260274 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ungvantuyen

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:39:26 PM

yes we plan to utilize masternnode voting for polls about decisions where we seek stakeholder feedback
we habe the voting technology in our codebase we just need to choose the way we want to activate it

because we dont shameless tax masternode income like other coins (dash pivx ....)
the voting mechanism will not be about distribute funds
it will be used for stakeholder polls
Thank you for fair, promising ideas behind Masternode polls which can help Diamond masternodes' owners have more voices on important decisions of Diamond project. This one also help to decentralizing the Diamond power.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingmoneymastery

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

Join The Frontier

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:04:36 PM

What a solid project DMD is. The devs are very interactive, helpful and have the capability to drive this coin forward. Very pleased to see increased adoption and masternode count in DMD
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:16:05 PM

are any plans for a voting mechanism on diamond masternode network ?

yes we plan to utilize masternnode voting for polls about decisions where we seek stakeholder feedback
we habe the voting technology in our codebase we just need to choose the way we want to activate it

because we dont shameless tax masternode income like other coins (dash pivx ....)

But, by default, the voting (governance) code requires that you have a masternode to vote.
This means (once again) that a little over half of the investors make decisions about the project.
Not that this is a bad aspect of the project, but, it is how the voting works - by default.
saulebong5555

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:34:59 PM

But, by default, the voting (governance) code requires that you have a masternode to vote.
This means (once again) that a little over half of the investors make decisions about the project.
Not that this is a bad aspect of the project, but, it is how the voting works - by default.
Again, it looks like centralised voting system, but it is actually not. It should be like this because Diamond developers can not give cheaters, spammers, scammers (who mostly might get little amount of Diamond coins) opportunities to vote. Those fake supporters can help to 'destroy' the project in work level, and voting system in particular.
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:20:19 AM

Again, it looks like centralised voting system, but it is actually not. It should be like this because Diamond developers can not give cheaters, spammers, scammers (who mostly might get little amount of Diamond coins) opportunities to vote. Those fake supporters can help to 'destroy' the project in work level, and voting system in particular.

So, you have to have a "more than a little" DMD and be an authentic supporter to vote?
In the US, we have no such rules for voting - which has been a problem recently:)
While your opinion is noted, it does not appear to be sound.

The Diamond developers are not actually the sole developers - they've made significant changes to an existing codebase "forked from PIVX-Project/PIVX" and support the community.
The project has no less than (4) Copyright notices in the code.
It is because I support this project, and own coins, that I point this out.
It's always been a community project and I feel it should remain as such.
Voting should be community voting - not just investor voting.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:36:55 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 09:12:15 AM by cryptonit
Merited by Limx Dev (1)

So, you have to have a "more than a little" DMD and be an authentic supporter to vote?
In the US, we have no such rules for voting - which has been a problem recently:)
While your opinion is noted, it does not appear to be sound.

The Diamond developers are not actually the sole developers - they've made significant changes to an existing codebase "forked from PIVX-Project/PIVX" and support the community.
The project has no less than (4) Copyright notices in the code.
It is because I support this project, and own coins, that I point this out.
It's always been a community project and I feel it should remain as such.
Voting should be community voting - not just investor voting.

its open source if u not happy with us create ur DMD Cash..........
we have plenty of DMD Cash to sell for if we dont like it Smiley

open source by idea means everyone can contribute code improvements and do code review and write his coments
its not some kind of voting engine

DMD foundation will use masternode voting tool as way to gather feedback and not as solo decicion making entinity

in our opinions the people who put serious effort since years and a serious amount of money (= hold a masternode)
and not everyone who just hold  hand full diamond should have a major voice when we gather feedback

a forum like here and a poll is not suited for such stuff the loudest voices often hold zero or minimal share in the coin

if u want to improve the voting code so it can be used by non masternodes too
and the vote is weighted by the amount of coins the address own when the voting closes
u are welcome to submit your code on github

this is how open source developing work

do this dont do that voices
thats not helping to make something happen

code the stuff u want to see to happen and submit it to the project
if its not total out of scope the chances are very high we would include well written community provided code

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:27:49 AM
Merited by cryptonit (1)

Masternode holders are the ones who have invested the most, and who also have the most to lose. I think it makes perfect sense the have masternode holder voting.

If you think that is "centralised", then crypto itself is pretty centralised. Large holders can influence the price a lot more than small ones...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
oportunis

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

Masternode holders are the ones who have invested the most, and who also have the most to lose. I think it makes perfect sense the have masternode holder voting.

If you think that is "centralised", then crypto itself is pretty centralised. Large holders can influence the price a lot more than small ones...
Yea I also agree. Who will you trust most? Someone who has a lot to lose or gain by holding at least 10k of DMD or someone who has 10 DMD. They might both want to prosper true, but the one who puts money where his mouth is, well that person is more trustworthy to me and I think he will do everything that the projects succeeds, because his money is on the line...
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:44:10 PM

Yea I also agree. Who will you trust most? Someone who has a lot to lose or gain by holding at least 10k of DMD or someone who has 10 DMD. They might both want to prosper true, but the one who puts money where his mouth is, well that person is more trustworthy to me and I think he will do everything that the projects succeeds, because his money is on the line...
I agree too. More money invested into Diamond project, more risks/ profits investors have, then more responsibility with their votes. I have no doubt about the fact. As a result of this, masternode owners might more carefully vote because they can lose thousands of dollars if something goes wrong with Diamond project. Especially if those ones partially come from their votes (they will never let it happen).
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:23:45 PM

cryptobridge https://crypto-bridge.org/ offered us a slot on their decentral exchange
its not free but we might get it into a doable listing cost
but before we do that we want community feedback of some people who would use it
not gona spend btc for a decentral exchange which in the end noone uses
so if u want DMD listed on https://crypto-bridge.org/ answer here with positive feedback and if u would use it

like any dezentral exchange is utilize a blockchain and need some fees in that blockchain currency
in case of cryptobridge its utilizing bitshares technology
over all the fees should be still not higher than on a normal exchange
and u have the advantage that ur coins never stored on a exchange always inside ur own wallet where only u have the private keys
and u are full anonymous able to use a decentral exchange

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:25:57 PM

cryptobridge https://crypto-bridge.org/ offered us a slot on their decentral exchange
its not free but we might get it into a doable listing cost
but before we do that we want community feedback of some people who would use it
not gona spend btc for a decentral exchange which in the end noone uses
so if u want u listed on https://crypto-bridge.org/ answer here with positive feedback and if u would use it

I have used crypto-bridge in the past, and while I like the idea of a decentralised exchange I found crypto-bridge to be often very slow and sluggish to use. Also, most coins on there have such low volume that any real trading is not possible anyway. So overall from me that would be a "meh"... Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

in the end if noone fill the orderbooks its another empty exchange

so we need feedback of people willing to play marketmaker on the  cryptobridge decentral exchange
else i think we dont waste BTC on it

oportunis

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:47:23 PM

so we need feedback of people willing to play marketmaker on the  cryptobridge decentral exchange
Most volume is on Bittrex and I think this will stay that way. Livecoin has some volume and is good because of DMD/USD pair, but if Bittrex is planning to add FIAT than I think it would be better to focus on DMD/USD pair on Bittrex. It would make sense to add an exchange that is traded by Asian traders like Binance, but I hear listing there is too expensive.
coindetective

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

so we need feedback of people willing to play marketmaker on the  cryptobridge decentral exchange
Most volume is on Bittrex and I think this will stay that way. Livecoin has some volume and is good because of DMD/USD pair, but if Bittrex is planning to add FIAT than I think it would be better to focus on DMD/USD pair on Bittrex. It would make sense to add an exchange that is traded by Asian traders like Binance, but I hear listing there is too expensive.

DMD Diamond will get listed on Upbit, sooner or later and this will cover Asian exposure.

big_coins

Activity: 175

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:43:02 PM

not enough volume for another.

yet.
webbski9

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:37:52 PM

How many coins needed for POS staking ?
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 08:28:20 PM
Merited by hallared (1)

How many coins needed for POS staking ?

200 DMD will find if ur wallet is 24/7 only in staking mode
on average 1 block per 10 days

to find blocks more often u need more coins
if u have less coins u will find block less often

100 DMD like once every 20 days
50 DMD like once every 40 days

still luck have shortterm impact

ur 50 DMD might find 4 blocks in a month
and its also possible with bad luck find 5 months no block with ur 50 DMD

the more DMD u have the more often u stake a block the less impact luck have and u will be close to estimated average values

Ramon1

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:06:43 AM

Well, maybe people think that because it is centralized, with a z.

I'm not sure who are you trying to sell that smoke to, as if all crypto were based off PoS and Masternodes.
PoS is even more centralized as BTC core and cash with Bitmain level of huge ASIC farms, every bit like it, only PoW is more secure than PoS, and at the same time masternodes are every bit like a pyramid scheme, interesting that while a coin like ETH hasn't found the way to make a move towards a fair PoS scheme, DMD has both PoS and Masternodes. But yeah, you just keep selling that smoke.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:29:54 AM

I'm not sure who are you trying to sell that smoke to, as if all crypto were based off PoS and Masternodes.
PoS is even more centralized as BTC core and cash with Bitmain level of huge ASIC farms, every bit like it, only PoW is more secure than PoS, and at the same time masternodes are every bit like a pyramid scheme, interesting that while a coin like ETH hasn't found the way to make a move towards a fair PoS scheme, DMD has both PoS and Masternodes. But yeah, you just keep selling that smoke.

POW is more secure than POS?
What kind of nonsense are you talking about.
A bunch of hungry miners consuming on their farms hundreds of kilowatts of electricity and jumping from pool to pool for quick profits, according to your theory very reliable system supporting the network.
You think Masternode is a pyramid? - the system allows you to make quick transactions and has several unique features (voting and auxiliary functions for easy wallets) - more ignorant statements I have not heard.
What did you forget in the DMD?
Find yourself any other coin for criticism and wait for your wealth.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
oportunis

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:35:37 AM

How is PoS more centralized than PoW mining cartel? Explain please... Any investor who has a PoS coin can stake, even from 0.01, while to get a mining rig you need much more money and mostly rich people have them... So staking can be done on any laptop or PC or even cheapest hardware like Rasbbery Pi, so it is spreaded accross globe. While mining is done by high end individuals and companies in one selected place, where electricity is cheap... You will not find a mining farm in a place with el. cost of 0.2€ per kw/h, while you will find plenty of staking in that area... Not to mention PoS is not consuming electricity as mining is and it is better for the enviroment...

So again explain your theory to me, how is PoS more centralized...
Pages: « 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: