Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260363 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:22:29 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 01:34:56 AM by shveicar

cryptonit

without explanation, it is difficult for me to understand why invented these changes.
but I see that you are for some reason decided to reduce the annual interest rate and the ability to come up with any ways to get people to do it.
When such changes may appear "weak hands" who will be forced to sell all their coins. Then someone will buy the majority of these coins. And then that someone might agitate raise annual interest. There are many options. Who can guarantee that this will not happen?
if the problem is only to start the wallet once in 14 days, that I don't see in it a problem because the majority of wallets so do it constantly.
in blokchain seen some wallets which don't run 30 or more days, but this unit.
I want to see stability in DMD as in bank on which it is possible to rely, and not changes which are necessary for some people.
Perhaps we need to reach agreement that the global changes DMD discussed every six months or a year. Or, when the market cryptocurrency occur global changes.
I am not a conservative, but I prefer a balanced approach to the changes.
Do you want us to discuss the issue with no idea why this is necessary Smiley
(Also I want you to understand, this is possibly due to translation difficulties, but I am concerned the changes that I do not understand) Smiley
therefore want to read all explanation why all of this is done after you decide to write them. i'll be waiting.

Имeннo пoэтoмy я и cкaзaл чтo нeт cмыcлa oбcyждaть oтдeльныe пyнкты в нoвoй вepcии бyмaжникa 3.0 бeз пpeдocтaвлeния вceм инвecтopaм oбщeгo плaнa c чeтким oтoбpaжeниeм вoзмoжныx измeнeний.

That's why I said that there is no point in discussing the individual items in the new version of the wallet 3.0 without giving all investors a common plan with a clear display of the possible changes.
If Cryptonit does not want to publish the full details here, so as not to reveal all the secrets it is possible to provide access to it in the DMD slack chanel.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:06:17 AM

Donkeypool.com is up and running for ETH mining Smiley Currently 4 miners Smiley  Testing it out for a while ...
Mine straight to your ETH address whether it's a bittrex address or whatever, not automatically exchanged like nicehash does ... a bit more freedom of choice Smiley

I gave it a try earlier today.  I like donkeypool because the hash rate it calculates looks closer to my actual hash rate than any of the other ETH pools I've tried.  Some are a clear rip-off giving credit for a only fraction of the actual hash rate. However, I am still getting up the learning curve with ETH.  The miner and the wallet appear to be bare bones compared to most others.  I created an app to allow me to control my miners remotely via the RPC API in ccminer and sgminer.  It appears ethminer does not have any similar capability which means if I mine ETH I will be in the blind as to the status of my mining rigs.  

If I mine ETH in a pool, I will definitely go with donkeypool assuming payouts are reasonable for my hash rate.

utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:14:33 AM

Donkeypool.com is up and running for ETH mining Smiley Currently 4 miners Smiley  Testing it out for a while ...
Mine straight to your ETH address whether it's a bittrex address or whatever, not automatically exchanged like nicehash does ... a bit more freedom of choice Smiley

I gave it a try earlier today.  I like donkeypool because the hash rate it calculates looks closer to my actual hash rate than any of the other ETH pools I've tried.  Some are a clear rip-off giving credit for a only fraction of the actual hash rate. However, I am still getting up the learning curve with ETH.  The miner and the wallet appear to be bare bones compared to most others.  I created an app to allow me to control my miners remotely via the RPC API in ccminer and sgminer.  It appears ethminer does not have any similar capability which means if I mine ETH I will be in the blind as to the status of my mining rigs.  

If I mine ETH in a pool, I will definitely go with donkeypool assuming payouts are reasonable for my hash rate.
I talked to owner of pool earlier, he is working on stats this weekend, it's still kinda in testing still but blocks being found Smiley
It will take several days I assume to reach 1 ETH payout threshold ... but I have confidence in pool too Smiley
Yep hashrate MUCH closer and I like being able to trade when I feel exchange rate is good rather than go blindly on nicehash ...
Latest ethminer.exe (1.07) seems slower than previous versions, I am still using 1.03 from nicehash ... but 1.07 has several new useful command line options such as failover which I could really use Smiley
Yep Davembg is a honest guy and I have worked with him before when donkeypool was DMD ...
utahjohn

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:17:14 AM

I think we are ignoring one important fact: The Reactor is running 24/7/365 and is also the largest DMD holder which will gain most from variable PoS rate (Cryptonit is largest holder and also a L10 holder).  I think greed is a large factor ... who gains the most from these changes Huh
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 08:06:17 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 09:02:20 AM by cryptonit

I think we are ignoring one important fact: The Reactor is running 24/7/365 and is also the largest DMD holder which will gain most from variable PoS rate (Cryptonit is largest holder and also a L10 holder).  I think greed is a large factor ... who gains the most from these changes Huh

if u believe what u wrote u should leave DMD
basically u stated u dont trust the team
which should make u rethink ur investment

or i could understand it the way that u want me to leave

which in fact is for me easyer than u might think

i spend most of my crypto business time into DMD
because all my hearthblood is in this project

from financial point of view i have many more projects i could focus on

it would be easy repay all L10 BTC which would be used to develop DMD v3
dont release wallet 2.1 and stop work on wallet 3.0

are u the men who will lead DMD and create a new foundation?

i think the luxury to have high active team working for u
is not valued and respected the way it should be by u

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:05:05 AM

Every major investor in DMD has a right to apply for a good profit.
This is normal.
 But when I see your statements that are opposite in nature, I do not understand what you are striving for.
I doubt that you are the large investor to the DMD (taking into account your previous inadequate statements).
 Therefore, the best solution for you will not interfere with the work of the core team, or just walk away into the shadows.
Even if you have a certain amount of DMD you just lose your money if you continue to interfere with the formation of future changes for Diamond

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:21:17 AM

I m really sick and tired listening to you shitting about DMD and DMD team when it is obvious DMD has brought nothing but profits to all of us, including you. Cryptonit has spent countless hours working on this project so you and the rest of us could stake our coins and make some money. On the other hand, all you did s constantly complaining how something s bad for holders and how the team s going to steal the money and run.

If I remember correctly, about a year ago, you and another troll foretasted how reactor s a bad decision and how it s a huge risk for DMD. Well, where is the risk? Has there been a single missed reactor payout? Is there a single person not being paid, ever?

Instead of constantly sabotaging your own investment and our investments as well, maybe you should be a bit more proactive and try to help out DMD and our team. If not, pls let me know how many coins you have and I will gladly buy them off you at current market price.

I know my reply s bit strong but I really cannot understand people having doubts in the team and Cryptonit after 3 fucking years of everyone invested into DMD profiting from this coin without a single scandal or a reason not to trust us. Stop being paranoid and help DMD out.

Thank you very much.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:14:52 AM

LOL - I was actually thinking to myself - wow - utahjohn is sounding coherent and making valid points - he is either on medication or has changed his ways - then you post this.  Come on man - pick which side of the personality fence you want to be on!

Argon18

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:20:19 AM

The 4 amigos agreed, Diamond way or the highway?
Their are other hybrid coins out there, that won't change the rules on you' old chap.
Without your support on the exchanges supporting the current price, it would nose dive.

Decision Time , Mate.

Cheers,
AG18

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:30:41 AM

That is why I got away from 24/7 minting. Its my weight vs network weight.
I am not going to gain weight having the wallet on 24/7.
The competition is too fierce.
Just a bigger hydro bill. Where I am from we pay time of day pricing.
3x more expensive for the same kilowatt in the day time as at night.
If Dmd was at the same stature as Bitcoin. We would all have our wallets open
24/7 and not for minting purposes. Right?
I get the same returns in a few hours versus all week being open 24/7.
There is not enough liguidity in the diamond network.
If there was,once again we would have our wallets open.
As a matter of fact I have around 5300 plus.
When I mint at least 1000 will stake in those few hours.
Almost 20- 25 percent of my wallet everytime. Nice big piles
and the least amount of inputs.
All these people talk of profits. What? @ 30 cents.
People should want to run their wallets 24/7 but not for
a prize. There sure are alot of bells and whistles being
implemented to stabilize @ 30 cents.
What was the value before the bells and whistles?
Enough said. We wouldn't be having this debate if it was
@ 30 bucks. Mister

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:02:21 PM

[We wouldn't be having this debate if it was
@ 30 bucks. Mister
BTC at 400+ bucks and there are still discussions even different dev teams ......
if u see how paralyzed BTC is because a little decision about max blocksize
i think in fact that coins like DMD will be able achieve lot more improvements
and steps ahead  into future with much less discussions

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:26:18 PM

The PoS change you are suggesting is a very fundamental change to DMD features and I would like to know more about the reasons for proposing such a change. Without other facts, my opinion still is that there should not be any changes to the current DMD PoS system.

I agree and still do not understand the reasons for the proposal.
To me wasn't answered why to change the rules "game"?

we can give more details about that later
for now the answer have to be cloudy

because we will use a advanced POS technology
which we can adapt to some degree but not total to be the same as now

DMD POS technology we have now is like a sword
maybe the most sharp and best forged sword existing

but what we aim for is a gun to be a  state of the art for the future of crypto economy

DMD 3.0 isnt just a change in POS
it a total codebase overhaul towards state of the art technology
the goal is nothing less than have inside our wallet code the best POW/POS hybrid codebase possible end 2016

i understand many love that sailship called DMD Diamond

but its time to paint the name on a ship that utilize state of the art technology

I understand your point, however a sword is always a sword, but a gun with wet gunpowder or without bullets is almost useless Wink

This is not about not appreciating the work that’s being done on DMD Diamond or being against improvements. Certainly there are a lot of improvements that can be done at DMD, but from a user perspective I do not see the proposed change of PoS as an improvement. If this new code is so top of the art, then I am sure it can be modified to suit different requirements.

stillontop

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:45:31 AM

I've been thinking quite a bit about your proposed changes cryptonit. In my opinion the grace period should be at least 21 or even 28 days, in case of holidays, hardware failures, family issues, etc.. After this period of time not staking, a wallet could be considered as not participating in Proof of Node. Maybe a third shift after a much longer timeframe, like 180 days, could also be implemented.

Another thing that came to my mind would be a small bonus for people who are activly minting and mining, one could call it Proof of Merit.

Keep up the good work popshot, cryptonit and all the others! Smiley

DMD-Address: dQxRzzz1Ae8J46V7KGhvSrbngTodtp5fp7
DIGITAL-DEMON

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:00:00 PM

Totally out of order, John!  Angry
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 08:13:26 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 12:36:41 AM by cryptonit

litte update from wallet 2.1

good news one blocking issue fixed
one more to go

we did run this weekend tests again
we confirmed one blocking issue fixed
we detected a second one which was not detectable before the first one fixed

any issue found while in testing lab have to be seen as success
if we learned one thing the last few years
that testing is the most important part of develop a cryptocoin wallet

Mister1k

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:30:41 AM

Another thing that came to my mind would be a small bonus for people who are activly minting and mining, one could call it Proof of Merit.

What? Your already being rewarded. Now you want more?
Mister1k

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:24:46 PM

@ 30 bucks. Mister
BTC at 400+ bucks and there are still discussions even different dev teams ......
And they are so paralyzed everyone keeps their wallet closed?
Ridiculous argument.
The Proof of stake is what separates us from BTC.
Thats our advantage.
BTC has purchasing power.
We do not. Thats their advantage.
Changing the rules to gain that advantage has not worked.
How many times do you change it with no apparent gain in value?
If the reactor had achieved this, we would all be clapping you on the back.
But it didnt.
Select few gained a bigger pile but did not gain value per unit.
Historically only the Pump and dumpers have gained value as they jump ship.
Our highest value was achieved when someone's wallet got ripped off.
When I seen the value rising to 50-60 cents that day, I was stoked.
Finally some movement. Smiley
But  it was a thief who filled the sails and then pulled the plug inless than
24 hours. Sad
All the fancy math in the world won't fix what has historically happened.
Mining for a 1/5 of a diamond, a fifth of a unit is a waste.
Going from 50% to 25 % was a mistake. Its backwards.
And then giving the select few a higher rate with the reactor
Proves my point.
The future holds less and less incentive as the coinroll out is
totally backwards.
You were hoping the value would be the incentive.
Big Mistake.
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:56:20 PM

@ 30 bucks. Mister
And they are so paralyzed everyone keeps their wallet closed?
Ridiculous argument.
The Proof of stake is what separates us from BTC.
Thats our advantage.
BTC has purchasing power.
We do not. Thats their advantage.
Changing the rules to gain that advantage has not worked.
How many times do you change it with no apparent gain in value?
If the reactor had achieved this, we would all be clapping you on the back.
But it didnt.
Select few gained a bigger pile but did not gain value per unit.
Historically only the Pump and dumpers have gained value as they jump ship.
Our highest value was achieved when someone's wallet got ripped off.
When I seen the value rising to 50-60 cents that day, I was stoked.
Finally some movement. Smiley
But  it was a thief who filled the sails and then pulled the plug inless than
24 hours. Sad
All the fancy math in the world won't fix what has historically happened.
Mining for a 1/5 of a diamond, a fifth of a unit is a waste.
Going from 50% to 25 % was a mistake. Its backwards.
And then giving the select few a higher rate with the reactor
Proves my point.
The future holds less and less incentive as the coinroll out is
totally backwards.
You were hoping the value would be the incentive.
Big Mistake.

The truth is that some people just sit and wait for the pump or dump.
They can not imagine that there are people who want for the Diamond that was something more than than just another coin.
Of course, you would have been nice if the DMD will have all the time 50% of POS revenue.
But then it lost the meaning of this coin.
This market is already have unlimited coins that have a constant income POS and do not have a clear number of coins in the system.
You can choose what is right for you in the hope to get rich quick  Cool

I personally believe that the real price for the Diamond comes after the emergence of a significant change in a future version 3.0.
But not the fact that someone is again for you will return 50% of the annual POS income  Smiley

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 07:03:01 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 07:44:50 PM by cryptonit

there are people who want for the Diamond that was something more than than just another coin.
Of course, you would have been nice if the DMD will have all the time 50% of POS revenue.
But then it lost the meaning of this coin.
This market is already have unlimited coins that have a constant income POS and do not have a clear number of coins in the system.
You can choose what is right for you in the hope to get rich quick  Cool

I personally believe that the real price for the Diamond comes after the emergence of a significant change in a future version 3.0.
But not the fact that someone is again for you will return 50% of the annual POS income  Smiley

well spoken

POS as a way of energy saving secure the blockchain together with  hybrid POW
with low rewards to not attract to much energy waste on POW side too

DMD Diamond concept is really designed with a limited amount of coins and constant decreasing inflation

because POS timebombs that explore in hyperinflation where enough on market and we survived them all and are more successful than them

because their concept is shortterm

and ours not

with DMD 3.0 we will go the next step and add even more industry leading additional security features

and much more

Galactus

Activity: 505

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:41:02 PM

I do not support POS increase to 50%
But I also do not support changing an existing plan in which currently provides 25% of the POS for all and everyone!
I'm for the preservation of the existing plan that is displayed on the first page.
As we can see a reduction of up to 25 per cent did not produce a significant effect on the value of the coin.
Why to reduce annual percent over and above the plan? Nobody answered this question.
Why developer impose community and makes a bow to him without explaining the real reasons why this is done?
The developer invited us to a theoretical discussion, but at the same time aggressively defends its position without explaining the reasons. The developer does not know why need to change the annual interest rate? Smiley
If the reason is to find more online wallets, it is generally not a problem for 99.9% of the community.
Must be online every 30 or 14 days? No problems! Even once a week is not a significant problem, a disadvantage.
But is not the question. In what it? Don't explain to us. Smiley

We know that make a vote or what the topic should be specific arguments for why we need these changes, instead of keeping them secret.
For this reason there are various ambiguous versions why these changes are offered.
This lack of coordination or the shortcomings of developers, and not the fault of individuals in our community.
Openness and explanatory work with clear arguments necessary in order to then don't do guilty for his version of any John, Ivan, Guangming, Vikram or Pedro Smiley

Similar happens in Germany (Hanover). Where people protesting against TTIP (Transatlantic trade and investment partnership).
Discussions are taking place in secret between the Governments of Europe and the United States, so people don't like it and they go to the demonstrations.
People fear that this could lead to a decrease in the quality of consumer goods, environmental degradation and labor protection conditions.
And this despite the fact that people chose this government and the logically must trust their government.
After all the government has to care of each individual... But as we know it far from truth Smiley

And for two years, developers need to know and get used to that when people feel a threat to their funds because of the lack of information they show discontent.

Also it is happening in the DMD community - people have apprehension...

If decisions are made exclusively community, rather than a separate group, I would like to see more opinions on this issue.
Of course, after the specific explanations for why these changes are necessary.
but if the decisions are made by a small group of people, then ... Down with democracy, long live totalitarianism! Smiley

But there are other versions... Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: