Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:28:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669117 times)
smic

Activity: 827
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:37:05 PM

XMR address ?
i have investigating low time... in the log file i don't find any xmr address but cpu and gpu works... sure they have a link associated
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

XMR address ?
i have investigating low time... in the log file i don't find any xmr address but cpu and gpu works... sure they have a link associated

Look for the configuration file, must be in there..
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 12:11:37 AM

I think there is an issue with the built in windows unzipper utility for files over 4 GB or so. I had an issue with downloading/unzipping a bootstrap for huntercoin, and it was due to trying to use windows unzipper. If the file is bigger than 4 GB, try using 7zip or something else to extract.
Are you using 0.9 beta build? There is no blockchain for it to download. You should sync from scratch (~3.5 hours for me).

Hmm...
I think its in RAM the problem. Its on 100% of usage when wants to read/loading blockchain(reaching in some time) and then when starts to update I get that error for "height", file is 4.2GB.
My RAM size is 3x2GB.
No, I've 886.

Thanks!

If you are on 0.8.8.6 you probably have insufficient RAM, the current binaries are quite old and slow. Basically everyone is waiting for the new binaries, which only use around 100 MB of RAM after syncing. Which OS are you on? And are you able to compile yourself?

The new binaries will really help with adoption. Some merchants would prefer not to use releases still in beta testing.

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:23:09 AM

I think there is an issue with the built in windows unzipper utility for files over 4 GB or so. I had an issue with downloading/unzipping a bootstrap for huntercoin, and it was due to trying to use windows unzipper. If the file is bigger than 4 GB, try using 7zip or something else to extract.
Are you using 0.9 beta build? There is no blockchain for it to download. You should sync from scratch (~3.5 hours for me).

Hmm...
I think its in RAM the problem. Its on 100% of usage when wants to read/loading blockchain(reaching in some time) and then when starts to update I get that error for "height", file is 4.2GB.
My RAM size is 3x2GB.
No, I've 886.

Thanks!

If you are on 0.8.8.6 you probably have insufficient RAM, the current binaries are quite old and slow. Basically everyone is waiting for the new binaries, which only use around 100 MB of RAM after syncing. Which OS are you on? And are you able to compile yourself?

The new binaries will really help with adoption. Some merchants would prefer not to use releases still in beta testing.

I haven't really heard any more news about the release of the new binaries coming out... Mind you, I haven't had time to frequent this board very much due to work getting insanely rediculous.  It's still projected to be Summer 2016 correct?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:26:28 AM

Hmm...
My RAM size is 3x2GB.
No, I've 886.

Thanks!

I haven't really heard any more news about the release of the new binaries coming out... Mind you, I haven't had time to frequent this board very much due to work getting insanely rediculous.  It's still projected to be Summer 2016 correct?

No, I expect well before that. There are already some beta binaries and there are tests going on this week to try to finalize a release candidate.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:29:31 AM

No, I expect well before that. There are already some beta binaries and there are tests going on this week to try to finalize a release candidate.

Wow, that's extremely exciting! So, one could say that the release may end up hitting the shelves possibly by the end of 2015 in that case?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 05:54:49 PM

Wow, that's extremely exciting! So, one could say that the release may end up hitting the shelves possibly by the end of 2015 in that case?

Yes basically. That is if nothing odd happens during the test hardfork though.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:14:05 PM

Who is invited to participate in the test hardfork?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:20:44 PM

Who is invited to participate in the test hardfork?

I think everyone is able to participate. However, I am not entirely sure, so you should check with the devs at #monero or #monero-dev

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:03:11 AM

hey Guys, PLEASE ATTENTION !!!!!

DON´T MINE IN MONEROCRYPT.COM !!!!!!!!!

THIS POOL USE MORE GAMING SOFTWARE IN TORRENT SERVER LIKE "DIRT RALLY" FOR INSTALL YOUR BACKDOOR SOFTWARE!!!!
HE IS A LAMER POOL!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Do you have the binary they use to spread the miner ? I'd love to take a look at it...

no. but download from torrent dirt rally iso  almost 16 Gb...it's very lamerz this pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which address is associated with the hidden miner ?

http://monerocrypt.com
http://pool.monerocrypt.com

If this is true the warning should be better advertised on IRC, getmonero.org etc.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 04:16:07 AM

THIS POOL USE MORE GAMING SOFTWARE IN TORRENT SERVER LIKE "DIRT RALLY" FOR INSTALL YOUR BACKDOOR SOFTWARE!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Do you have the binary they use to spread the miner ? I'd love to take a look at it...

no. but download from torrent dirt rally iso  almost 16 Gb...it's very lamerz this pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true the warning should be better advertised on IRC, getmonero.org etc.

I dunno guys. the only things linked on that pool are zone117x's easyminer binary from github. From what I gather, zone117x worked on the pool software itself, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his easy miner package is relatively trustworthy. That and we haven't heard about it until now?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:53:57 PM

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

I dunno guys. the only things linked on that pool are zone117x's easyminer binary from github. From what I gather, zone117x worked on the pool software itself, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his easy miner package is relatively trustworthy. That and we haven't heard about it until now?

The dude's blaming the pool for the malware. It's not mining for the pool, most likely, it's mining to someone's address...

Someone finally gets it. Why would anyone imagine it's the pool's fault (without other supporting evidence at least)?
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:03:26 PM

4 more pull requests merged today.  I can taste it Cool
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:32:46 PM

4 more pull requests merged today.  I can taste it Cool

In addition:

If I recall correctly, fluffypony stated a while ago that they were waiting for i2p to have a stable release before it would be integrated into Monero.

That, and 0.9 is well past a feature freeze state. It is being prepared for release.

primer-
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:44:40 PM

The dude's blaming the pool for the malware. It's not mining for the pool, most likely, it's mining to someone's address...
Someone finally gets it. Why would anyone imagine it's the pool's fault (without other supporting evidence at least)?

You're both playing dumb. Pools can easely detect and block addresses being mined by botnets.
FYI, a huge botnet went live today, over 3MH/s, XMR distribution is  no better than premined DASH...

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

You're both playing dumb. Pools can easely detect and block addresses being mined by botnets.
FYI, a huge botnet went live today, over 3MH/s, XMR distribution is  no better than premined DASH...

That's a completely orthogonal issue.

It's probably relatively easy for the botnet owner to get around such countermeasures anyway.

Edit: the distribution is what you make of it. Do you really think those botnets keep all the coins? We're then back to the market being responsible for distribution (or lack thereof).
Vanderi

Activity: 283

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:04:18 PM

FYI, a huge botnet went live today, over 3MH/s, XMR distribution is  no better than premined DASH...

If you say so. Why, a guy like you posting cold hard facts with nothing else than that behemoth credibility to back it up, is commendable. Even your trading trust glimmers like gold.

What a hero.
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:20:29 PM

Not exactly - I would route botnet hash through a proxy... otherwise I would DDoS the pool off the net by accident. Regardless, a pool isn't going to shut down income.

Route through a proxy ? Easy, once AVs detect it, its trivial to shut down.
There are ways other than IP addresses to detect a botnet, maybe thousands of miners all hashing at a different speed ?
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:29:55 PM

Not exactly - I would route botnet hash through a proxy... otherwise I would DDoS the pool off the net by accident. Regardless, a pool isn't going to shut down income.

There are ways other than IP addresses to detect a botnet, maybe thousands of miners all hashing at a different speed ?

*sigh*

If I run it through a proxy, it looks like one machine with varying hashrate, first of all. I meant similar to a Stratum proxy.
Secondly, not that trivial, as I would crypt the binary - AVs detect it, a new crypt often solves the issue. If they try to do it by connection, I can use a randomly selected proxy from multiple ones.

You sound like you are on drugs AGAIN. We can continue discussion when it wears off...
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 06:02:08 PM

*sigh*

If I run it through a proxy, it looks like one machine with varying hashrate, first of all. I meant similar to a Stratum proxy.
Secondly, not that trivial, as I would crypt the binary - AVs detect it, a new crypt often solves the issue. If they try to do it by connection, I can use a randomly selected proxy from multiple ones.

You sound like you are on drugs AGAIN. We can continue discussion when it wears off...

You sound like you just ran out of intelligent arguments!  Wink

yeah, and isn't there an open source freely available miner proxy, which for all in tents and porpoises (there yah go luigi), was probably specifically made for bonnets?

That sentence was full of english wonder / inside jokes.

And your monero dash equivalence re: distribution might be valid if all botnets were operated by monero core team developers, and you'd think if that were the case they would have developed a GUI to make monero moon ASAP (and subsequently die because, yah know, the original bytecoin code needed much love, according to me, who has a proof of developer certificate (thats a bold faced lie (these are nested parentheses))), unless of course they did that on purpose because they're in for the long con, and they just dump hours and real money into the con to create better code and a cryptocurrency infrastructure (DNS checkpoints, etc) so all in all, I still give botnets a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being harmful and 10 being useful.

anyhoo. How's the test fork in testnet? Hope its going well!!!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Pages: « 1 ... 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: