Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 2125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669569 times)
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 11:45:39 AM

^The command is:
Code:
transfer <mixin_count> <addr> <amount> [payment_id]
<mixin_count> is the number of transactions yours is indistinguishable from (from 0 to maximum available)
[payment_id] is needed when you send to the exchanges and you get it from the particular exchange. It's not needed when you send to your wallet or someone else (except if he want to identify if this payment is from you and he'll then give you 64 characters payment ID.
Do not add '<', '>', '[' or ']' in the command.
Example (a valid transfer command, which will send 1 XMR to me with a PaimentID 'bzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzz4'):
Code:
transfer 5 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2uNXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX 1 bzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzz4

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:56:04 AM

The following is quoted from ducknotes thread, since I am not mining other coin except xmr, I hope someone do mine all three coins to confirm the comparison below or make comment on that:

For those who can`t see differences from other cryptonote coins - look at source code, check % of orphans in the network, check % of "bad shares" on pools, you will see that duckNote is a winner. Like

24 hours of mining with the same mining software and hardware gives:
4% of bad shares on Monero
2% of bad shares on Bytecoin
0.5% of bad shares on duckNote.

Orphans in above networks 6/2/1.

That has to do with the pool aswell as if the admin has updated. Monerpool.com for me has 2 orphans in the last 150 blocks (1,3% orphans) .
Bad share variance depends on server location , vardiff , your internet connection and 100 different other parameters.
How big is your sample size ? 1-2-7-30 days ?
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:03:56 PM

one neat feature is the aliasing. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to solo a block to create an alias, but once you do, you can have people send their coins to @username, rather than some superlong string of alphanumeric characters.

This is reference example of as I say 'shit-feature'. Just look at vericoin, how many shit features it has, especially their version of
'anonimity'. Smiley

Let's keep the discussion factual.  First of all, both teams are making real progress where it counts:

Boolberry has contributed numerous code-level fixes to the inherited code from Bytecoin that have been later incorporated by the XMR team.

XMR has contributed numerous code-level fixes to that same code that have been / will probably be incorporated by Boolberry.

Boolberry has a working, cross-platform GUI.  XMR will soon as well, with several candidates being worked on.

Boolberry's "non-shit" changes, in your parlance, center primarily around mechanisms to keep the blockchain smaller over time by allowing some of the ring signature information in old transactions to be pruned after a period of time, and improvements to the mixing function to provide stronger assurances of anonymity.

Monero has triggered an explosion of awareness of both XMR and the cryptonote family more generally by providing the first available non-80%-premined implementation of the bytecoin codebase.

"Trash-talking" either BBR or XMR is, at this point, counterproductive:  It's very clear from their market behavior that people buying these coins are viewing them together as the leading options from a very interesting new family of coins.  They're not dumping XMR to buy BBR, or the opposite -- they're selling BTC (or, hopefully, some actual "shit coin" - grin) and buying either or both of them.

There's a lot more to be gained in cryptonote progress by pushing forward both the underlying CryptoNote technology and seeing if the differing feature sets of XMR and BBR help lead to further technological progress than by sniping from sockpuppet accounts.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:38:27 PM

^The command is:
Code:
<mixin_count> is the number of transactions yours is indistinguishable from (from 0 to maximum available)
[payment_id] is needed when you send to the exchanges and you get it from the particular exchange. It's not needed when you send to your wallet or someone else (except if he want to identify if this payment is from you and he'll then give you 64 characters payment ID.
Example (a valid transfer command, which will send 1 XMR to me with a PaimentID 'bzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzz4'):
Code:
transfer 5 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2uNXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX 1 bzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzzbzz4

Thank you
I don't undestand the mixin count what number i have to type? 0 or 5? I want to send XMR to Poloniex
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:43:37 PM

^The command is:
Code:
Code:

Thank you
I don't undestand the mixin count what number i have to type? 0 or 5? I want to send XMR to Poloniex

the mixin is kind of the degree of anonymity, so unless you really want to be anonymous, just use mixin count=0; this will also make your transaction faster I think, the higher the mixin the longer the transaction might take.
vipbitcoin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:58:53 PM

XMR Recent price instability  Huh
edubai

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:13:43 PM

xmr.farm fast and reliable monero pool !  Smiley

equipoise

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:37:42 PM

^The command is:
Code:
Code:

Thank you

the mixin is kind of the degree of anonymity, so unless you really want to be anonymous, just use mixin count=0; this will also make your transaction faster I think, the higher the mixin the longer the transaction might take.
The higher mixin_count won't make your transaction slower, but it'll make it bigger (regarding to size in bites, not the amount sent). Generally bigger transaction -> higher fee (only if you pass the current transaction size limit because of dust from pools and then you need to send it with 2 or more smaller transactions). Don't use 0 - use at least 1. I'm using 5 most of the times.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
wallet42

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:04:00 PM

Hey everyone!

I would like to remind you about my 40 XMR bounty for creating a useful, beautiful and with screenshot annotated tutorial
on how to setup Monero for new users (download client, blockchain, create first wallet, sync, send money, ...) on Windows 7/8.

Only 2 days left to qualify. Register your username and post your tutorial on the new Monero Talk Forum.

Direct link:
https://monerotalk.org/t/bounty-create-a-useful-tutorial-on-how-to-setup-monero/13
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

When i try to run bitmonrod on linux i get

Code:
./bitmonerod: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone else experienced this? any idea what to do?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

When i try to run bitmonrod i get

Code:
./bitmonerod: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

seems like your libboost installation is fucked up. Maybe try to reinstall?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:24:28 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 02:36:36 PM by Anon136

When i try to run bitmonrod i get

Code:

seems like your libboost installation is fucked up. Maybe try to reinstall?

there are SO many of these libboost libraries. which one do you have installed specifically if you dont mind me asking?

when i search apt-cache for libboost-system i get the following

Code:
libboost-system-dev - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library (default version)
libboost-system1.53-dev - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library
libboost-system1.53.0 - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library
libboost-system1.49-dev - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library
libboost-system1.49.0 - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library
libboost-system1.54-dev - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library
libboost-system1.54.0 - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library

none of these are libboost_system.so.1.55.0

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:42:09 PM

The higher mixin_count won't make your transaction slower, but it'll make it bigger (regarding to size in bites, not the amount sent). Generally bigger transaction -> higher fee (only if you pass the current transaction size limit because of dust from pools and then you need to send it with 2 or more smaller transactions). Don't use 0 - use at least 1. I'm using 5 most of the times.

I think I've heard that using mixin can lead to longer times for transactions, because you need to wait for other transactions with the same amounts to come into the mempool before it gets picked up in a block.

Also, why don't use 0? I use 0 all the time. I don't really care about anonymity, so why use more than 0?
equipoise

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 02:46:19 PM

I think I've heard that using mixin can lead to longer times for transactions, because you need to wait for other transactions with the same amounts to come into the mempool before it gets picked up in a block.

Also, why don't use 0? I use 0 all the time. I don't really care about anonymity, so why use more than 0?
This is not the case with XMR. This is the case with Bitcoin and clones mixing services. XMR is mixing directly with past transactions from the blockchain.

equipoise

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 02:52:19 PM

Do you want your dentist to know how much money you have so he could charge you more eventually? Do you want a concurrent business to know your balances and where you are spending your money (if your suppliers or contractors are also using 0)? Do you want someone to blackmail you knowing the exact balance of your wallet?

Edit: Privacy is a proper term instead of anonymity.

pooltobe

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:58:10 PM

Searching a place to mine Monero?  Grin

Spread the hashes !  Cheesy

XMR MINING POOL >> http://xmr.poolto.be

use : stratum+tcp://xmr.poolto.be:3001

Join us on iRC: #poolto.be @ irc.freenode.net

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23poolto.be

Happy Mining !  Smiley

Upgraded to 0.99.0.2 !
pool fee: 0.20% (pool) + 0.05% (devs) to support XMR ! >> Join us!
firedoner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:59:25 PM

could someone help me?

About 2months ago i downloaded the cryptonote gui wallet, everything was fine... i then put my xmr wallet in cold storage... however i decided to update my wallet as i wanted to buy more and trade, however once i downloaded the new update my password seems to be changed

i had saved copies of password on offline drives, however as i tried to open my old wallet with the old and correct password it keeps saying invalid password

am i missing something?

i did the same update of quazarcoin with no issues it worked perfectly

thanks for all your help
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 03:07:14 PM

could someone help me?

About 2months ago i downloaded the cryptonote gui wallet, everything was fine... i then put my xmr wallet in cold storage... however i decided to update my wallet as i wanted to buy more and trade, however once i downloaded the new update my password seems to be changed

i had saved copies of password on offline drives, however as i tried to open my old wallet with the old and correct password it keeps saying invalid password

am i missing something?

thanks for all your help

Are you loading the wallet.keys file using simplewallet?

Be sure you place the [wallet].keys file in the same folder as simplewallet. Start it up in cmd, and use [wallet], it will ask for the password, and then rebuild the wallet file based on the keys file.

Make sure your using the keys file and not the wallet file
firedoner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

could someone help me?

am i missing something?

thanks for all your help

Are you loading the wallet using simplewallet?

right now i am trying to load it using simple wallet, although when i first created the password and carried on using it ..it was with the first Cryptonote gui wallet and not simple wallet..

i have made copies of all three files in wallet + saving password... my password used to work but now says invalid password and its the same password

any help would be much appreciated
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 03:14:10 PM

Did you try loading it through the original cryptonote gui that you created it from?

Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 2125 »
  Print  

Jump to: