Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:46:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669117 times)
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 05:14:40 PM

Any sign of a Win 64 blockchain download?

Just re-did mine from the one in the 1st post and it ended up on the wrong fork...

Just quoting to try and raise this request out of mire of squabbling.  Smiley

I'm waiting for it to re-sync on the Windows box (also ended up on the wrong fork). As soon ask it's up I'll update the download.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:16:51 PM

Note to newcomers: BBR is the only (non-XMR) cryptonote coin that is not conclusively proven to be lead by the original CN scamteam Wink

Well, thanks, at least some recognition Grin

You (as well as me) have received all kinds of slander. Some is rather easy to debunk, some is so ridiculous that it does not need to. Since you are such a competent CN developer, I just have to keep the most obvious possibility open - that you have been developing it all along. If this is indeed the case, you belong to the scamteam, by virtue of lying about it if nothing else.

Don't worry: I am sure this matter will be found out soon. Until it is, I do not have the grounds to decide on either way, and frankly it is not of my great interest either. Disclosure: I don't own BBR.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:21:04 PM

Note to newcomers: BBR is the only (non-XMR) cryptonote coin that is not conclusively proven to be lead by the original CN scamteam Wink

You (as well as me) have received all kinds of slander. Some is rather easy to debunk, some is so ridiculous that it does not need to. Since you are such a competent CN developer, I just have to keep the most obvious possibility open - that you have been developing it all along. If this is indeed the case, you belong to the scamteam, by virtue of lying about it if nothing else.

Don't worry: I am sure this matter will be found out soon. Until it is, I do not have the grounds to decide on either way, and frankly it is not of my great interest either. Disclosure: I don't own BBR.

If he is not part of the 'scamteam', that was quite the compliment Smiley
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:33:09 PM

If he is not part of the 'scamteam', that was quite the compliment Smiley

Yes, I'm sure zoidberg is courteous enough to give him a reach around  Roll Eyes

Am I spamming? Report me!
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:57:40 PM

Hey, so if my daemon is reading a Block Height of 203451 right now, I am on the correct fork and don't need to re-download the block chain?

Thanks.

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:59:29 PM

Hey, so if my daemon is reading a Block Height of 203451 right now, I am on the correct fork and don't need to re-download the block chain?

Thanks.

Yes, no need to download blockchain.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 06:01:04 PM

I havent read the cryptonote scandal thread yet, I guess it must be pretty horrible if to be on it would be such a bad thing. Usually if you are part of the original dev team for a project, that's a positive.

I guess the whole, it was around for 2 years but nobody ever knew anything about was pretty scammy and near impossible.

The attacker against all cryptonotes might have won a small victory, but crisis unites family. I am tremendously glad that both XMR and BBR key peoples are making happy talk and cooperating.

This failed attack and quick response has gained the respect of the crypto community, as few other altcoins have the tech depth for such a quick isolation and fixing of such bugs. Now maybe some dont believe me, but you can all believe the market. When the BBR it is zooming, the XMR actually gained more in marketcap. Of course, not in percentage terms as the 10x gain in a week is just a snapback from the severe artificial devaluation. But XMR gained more than $1 mil marketcap during BBR surge. What is good for BBR is good for XMR and what is good for XMR is good for BBR. Also, during this crisis, BBR lost almost 20%. What is bad for XMR is bad for BBR and what is bad for BBR is bad for XMR.

These are things self-evident to me. Also what is clear is that the core contributors to both XMR and BBR are NOT the source of any of this FUD fued. Just like neither are the source of this attack. Unless the cryptonote guys are also insane and stupid, they have no motivation to harm any of the cryptonotes.

So, I suggest to listen to Risto's wise comment about following the money. Which camp has most to lose from a united cryptonote brothers?
The answer is that it is certainly not any cryptonote, so whoever this external attacker is, they have done us a big favor. The XMR and BBR are now brothers cooperating to the fullest. One's success is the other's success. To attack the other is to attack one's own self.

So anybody that is supposed to be on the side of XMR and is attacking the BBR is now exposed to be enemy agent. The actions they speak louder than words. Once these vermin are shunned from both communities, then we can aim for both getting the big fast market revaluation.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

Are you Andrey Sabelnikov?  I know I've asked before, but it's interesting, and if you're not, it doesn't reduce your anonymity set significantly to say so.  Even Satoshi was willing to say that he is not Dorian Nakamoto.

At this point, unless you say that you are not, I will conclude that you are.  It in no way impugns your code, and I've done crazier things myself than those which Andrey is most famous for, so I don't think it should undermine confidence in your work, or the coin upon which you focus, if you are in fact Andrey.  It is open source, widely reviewed, and your work speaks for itself. 

(Frankly I think persistent anonymity is more dangerous to BBR than any colorful personal history could be.  That BBR is able to maintain as much value as it has (at least recently) despite the uncertainty overhang of your anonymity is a testament to the confidence placed in open source review, and in the quality of your work, a confidence which your identification could not feasibly undermine in a persistent material way.  But that's just my opinion.)

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
denned

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

test https://mega.co.nz/#!qtUnhC5A!sJnKzPyj9gg0aFcoUZwtJhSHNhgjZVB3MHzc1zM6gjw win64 blockchain #203437 block
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:10:02 PM

test https://mega.co.nz/#!qtUnhC5A!sJnKzPyj9gg0aFcoUZwtJhSHNhgjZVB3MHzc1zM6gjw win64 blockchain #203437 block

I am opposed to users taking this without a prior blessing from a core member.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

I havent read the cryptonote scandal thread yet, I guess it must be pretty horrible if to be on it would be such a bad thing. Usually if you are part of the original dev team for a project, that's a positive.

I guess the whole, it was around for 2 years but nobody ever knew anything about was pretty scammy and near impossible.

The attacker against all cryptonotes might have won a small victory, but crisis unites family. I am tremendously glad that both XMR and BBR key peoples are making happy talk and cooperating.

This failed attack and quick response has gained the respect of the crypto community, as few other altcoins have the tech depth for such a quick isolation and fixing of such bugs. Now maybe some dont believe me, but you can all believe the market. When the BBR it is zooming, the XMR actually gained more in marketcap. Of course, not in percentage terms as the 10x gain in a week is just a snapback from the severe artificial devaluation. But XMR gained more than $1 mil marketcap during BBR surge. What is good for BBR is good for XMR and what is good for XMR is good for BBR. Also, during this crisis, BBR lost almost 20%. What is bad for XMR is bad for BBR and what is bad for BBR is bad for XMR.

These are things self-evident to me. Also what is clear is that the core contributors to both XMR and BBR are NOT the source of any of this FUD fued. Just like neither are the source of this attack. Unless the cryptonote guys are also insane and stupid, they have no motivation to harm any of the cryptonotes.

So, I suggest to listen to Risto's wise comment about following the money. Which camp has most to lose from a united cryptonote brothers?
The answer is that it is certainly not any cryptonote, so whoever this external attacker is, they have done us a big favor. The XMR and BBR are now brothers cooperating to the fullest. One's success is the other's success. To attack the other is to attack one's own self.

So anybody that is supposed to be on the side of XMR and is attacking the BBR is now exposed to be enemy agent. The actions they speak louder than words. Once these vermin are shunned from both communities, then we can aim for both getting the big fast market revaluation.

James

You like listening to yourself talk ....
Nekomata

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:14:22 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 06:54:37 AM by Nekomata

XMR is the future.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:17:14 PM

Boolberry is now freaking suspicious, not only it has been pumped to top of polonix volume but the attack coincided with this.

No. No fucking way. Let's stop those insinuations right here!

There is no evidence that BBR has anything to do this, and you're doing XMR a huge disservice by implying this.

In addition, you completely lose the right to complain about anti-Monero FUD if you spread FUD yourself.

If you have any hard evidence, present it. If you don't, stop spreading FUD. It's really that simple.

While I agree with you, you must admit that the trolls and hacks have created an environment of suspicion, and it is natural that the anonymous dev, for whom there is in fact a fair body of circumstantial evidence of participation in the original cryptonote implementation, should attract that suspicion.  I'm hoping that CZ will dispell some of the FUD around BBR.  If people frankly voice their concerns, they may be dispelled more promptly.  You help by rightly observing there is a lack of material evidence for this specific suspicion, but the factors which allow suspicion to fester in the background remain, and getting them aired out may disinfect.

Chicken76

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:20:26 PM

Could someone from the development team update the first post of this thread with information about which pools are confirmed to be on the right fork and safe to point miners to?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 06:22:43 PM

Are you Andrey Sabelnikov?  I know I've asked before, but it's interesting, and if you're not, it doesn't reduce your anonymity set significantly to say so.  Even Satoshi was willing to say that he is not Dorian Nakamoto.

At this point, unless you say that you are not, I will conclude that you are.  It in no way impugns your code, and I've done crazier things myself than those which Andrey is most famous for, so I don't think it should undermine confidence in your work, or the coin upon which you focus, if you are in fact Andrey.  It is open source, widely reviewed, and your work speaks for itself. 

(Frankly I think persistent anonymity is more dangerous to BBR than any colorful personal history could be.  That BBR is able to maintain as much value as it has (at least recently) despite the uncertainty overhang of your anonymity is a testament to the confidence placed in open source review, and in the quality of your work, a confidence which your identification could not feasibly undermine in a persistent material way.  But that's just my opinion.)

I can confirm I am not Andrey Sabelnikov
Smiley

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:25:35 PM

While I agree with you, you must admit that the trolls and hacks have created an environment of suspicion, and it is natural that the anonymous dev, for whom there is in fact a fair body of circumstantial evidence of participation in the original cryptonote implementation, should attract that suspicion.  I'm hoping that CZ will dispell some of the FUD around BBR.  If people frankly voice their concerns, they may be dispelled more promptly.  You help by rightly observing there is a lack of material evidence for this specific suspicion, but the factors which allow suspicion to fester in the background remain, and getting them aired out may disinfect.

When you have a couple hours, pop in The Candidate, starring Joan Allen.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:36:12 PM

XMR is exciting.

So much emotion and entertainment around.

Funny to see all the anti-XMR trolls out and about.

I'll be waiting to buy on a dip for XMR when trading opens.

Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

XMR is exciting.

So much emotion and entertainment around.

Funny to see all the anti-XMR trolls out and about.

I'll be waiting to buy on a dip for XMR when trading opens.

Grin Grin Grin

Would be funny if we don't even see a dip  Grin

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:48:12 PM

He doesn't have to answer that, of course.

Your point that anonymity raises trust and reputational risks is valid, but if he's willing to pay that price, it's his choice.

Some of us here on the Monero team are anonymous, at least mildly so. Arguably the project would benefit reputationally if more of us weren't, but that's a choice we make.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:49:05 PM

test https://mega.co.nz/#!qtUnhC5A!sJnKzPyj9gg0aFcoUZwtNhgjZVB3MHzc1zM6gjw win64 blockchain #203437 block

I am opposed to users taking this without a prior blessing from a core member.

No such blessing. I have no idea what that is, but I most certainly don't recommend downloading it.
Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: