Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [0/140 LEFT] ★ ONE OUNCE .999 FINE SILVER - CRYPTOLATOR PHYSICAL BITCOIN ★  (Read 14131 times)
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:19:26 PM

Last week I've asked my developer to create a little utility to print coin insert for my coins. It is based on the Casascius Bitcoin Address Utility. It is really simple and create perfect round key and rectangle address for my coins and hologram.

You have three download options:

Option One: Setup (Install to desired folder and create a shortcut on the desktop)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_-_Setup.exe

Option Two: File Only (No Setup, just extract the file to a desired folder)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_-_File_Only.zip

Option Three: Source Code (If you wanna take a look at the code, or build it yourself in Visual C#)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_-_Source_Code.zip

Give me your feedback ! Smiley

Works well on a Win8 box. It's much easier to use than Ravenbit or Serpcoin tools (no offense to either of them). I still prefer multi-signature. Maybe a BIP38 encryption option would be a good addition for someone that prefers a pre-attached hologram instead of DIY at home.

Can you elaborate on BIP38 ? (Sorry I'm at work, so no time yet to search on that, hehe, and I think it would be usefull information for some peoples)

It basically allows someone to encrypt their private key so they can send it to you to install under the hologram. They don't need to worry about you seeing because it needs a password to decrypt the private key. Here is a link for more info https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bip38-password-encrypted-wallets/ and https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0038.mediawiki.
Cryptolator (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:28:19 PM

Last week I've asked my developer to create a little utility to print coin insert for my coins. It is based on the Casascius Bitcoin Address Utility. It is really simple and create perfect round key and rectangle address for my coins and hologram.

You have three download options:

Option One: Setup (Install to desired folder and create a shortcut on the desktop)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_-_Setup.exe

Option Two: File Only (No Setup, just extract the file to a desired folder)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_-_File_Only.zip

Option Three: Source Code (If you wanna take a look at the code, or build it yourself in Visual C#)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_-_Source_Code.zip

Works well on a Win8 box. It's much easier to use than Ravenbit or Serpcoin tools (no offense to either of them). I still prefer multi-signature. Maybe a BIP38 encryption option would be a good addition for someone that prefers a pre-attached hologram instead of DIY at home.

Can you elaborate on BIP38 ? (Sorry I'm at work, so no time yet to search on that, hehe, and I think it would be usefull information for some peoples)

It basically allows someone to encrypt their private key so they can send it to you to install under the hologram. They don't need to worry about you seeing because it needs a password to decrypt the private key. Here is a link for more info https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bip38-password-encrypted-wallets/ and https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0038.mediawiki.

Ho ! Nice !

That will be in version 2.0 for sure ! Smiley
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:00:18 AM

New version 1.1

I've just added a new feature, when you print, it also create a .txt file with all the address. I think it make it easier to back them up. Smiley

Here is the GUI:

Here is what it print:

File Only (No Setup, just extract the file to a desired folder)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_1.1.zip

Source Code (If you wanna take a look at the code, or build it yourself in Visual C#)
http://www.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Coin_Insert_Generator_1.1_Source.zip

Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:02:44 AM

No more coins left.

I'll put the four special coins on eBay starting with the Red next week (Yes, I know I've been saying that for something like three week, but this time, it will happen Tongue )

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:12:09 AM

No more coins left.

I'll put the four special coins on eBay starting with the Red next week (Yes, I know I've been saying that for something like three week, but this time, it will happen Tongue )

Wow.. that went fast.  I could have sworn there were 35 or so left as of today. Glad I got my two in.

Are you planning on making a new design soon, now that you're sold out?  I'd love to have them limited again to around the same edition size.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:27:40 AM

No more coins left.

Wow.. that went fast.  I could have sworn there were 35 or so left as of today. Glad I got my two in.

Are you planning on making a new design soon, now that you're sold out?  I'd love to have them limited again to around the same edition size.

Next batch will be lower denomination on different material with the same design and will be cheaper.

I am currently working on a new design that will be released in January 2015, since I plan to make a different design once per year.

Might have some surprise before the end of the year tho ! Wink

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 09:38:49 AM

Love your coins, and all physical BTC I've seen so far really. I would love to have a personal collection of them all someday when my funds allow it. I'm currently working on a section on my site discussing offline/physical wallets and I will definitely try to remember to mention Cryptolator.

Great ! Thanks ! Smiley

Page mentioning Cryptolator in the safety section on my site up here. My site is mostly unfinished and the pages that are written are getting constantly updated by myself whenever I can find the time. Feel free to visit my Bitcoin faucet here if you would like to support my site.
Thanks,
snarlpill

Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:55:53 PM

Love your coins, and all physical BTC I've seen so far really. I would love to have a personal collection of them all someday when my funds allow it. I'm currently working on a section on my site discussing offline/physical wallets and I will definitely try to remember to mention Cryptolator.

Great ! Thanks ! Smiley

Page mentioning Cryptolator in the safety section on my site up here. My site is mostly unfinished and the pages that are written are getting constantly updated by myself whenever I can find the time. Feel free to visit my Bitcoin faucet here if you would like to support my site.
Thanks,
snarlpill

Thanks for the mention !
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:08:43 PM

No more coins left.

Wow.. that went fast.  I could have sworn there were 35 or so left as of today. Glad I got my two in.

Are you planning on making a new design soon, now that you're sold out?  I'd love to have them limited again to around the same edition size.

Next batch will be lower denomination on different material with the same design and will be cheaper.

I am currently working on a new design that will be released in January 2015, since I plan to make a different design once per year.

If you are taking reservations put me down for the first ten of your next denomination Smiley.
hustler100

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:43:59 AM

These are really amazing ! Thank you Cryptolator  Smiley
Put me down for you next release ! BTC

Cool
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:34:50 PM

No more coins left.

If you are taking reservations put me down for the first ten of your next denomination Smiley.

I'll try to reserve 10 as low as possible serial number for you ! Smiley
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:35:08 PM

These are really amazing ! Thank you Cryptolator  Smiley
Put me down for you next release ! BTC

Cool

Wow ! Smiley Thanks ! Tongue
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:39:50 PM

I am currently trying to find the best deal (Quality/Price) for my next batch...

I would like to go with my current minters but the price is a bit on the high side, of course the quality would be awesome like the current batch but that would mean that I would have to sell them in the 25ish bucks range...

This version would be in fine coppers (Shinny), that would look fabulous..

The denomination would be 0.1BTC and the batch would be 500.

What you guys think ?

Should I go with a cheap one and sacrifice the quality or go with higher quality ?

Thanks for helping me out making my mind, cause right now, I am really not sure what move I should make ! :/

Jonathan
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:33:18 PM

I am currently trying to find the best deal (Quality/Price) for my next batch...

I would like to go with my current minters but the price is a bit on the high side, of course the quality would be awesome like the current batch but that would mean that I would have to sell them in the 25ish bucks range...

This version would be in fine coppers (Shinny), that would look fabulous..

The denomination would be 0.1BTC and the batch would be 500.

What you guys think ?

Should I go with a cheap one and sacrifice the quality or go with higher quality ?

Thanks for helping me out making my mind, cause right now, I am really not sure what move I should make ! :/

Jonathan

I personally would prefer the higher quality myself. Do you know how much cheaper the alternative minter would be?

I too would be interested in at least 10 of the lowest possible s/n coins if the price will be at or below $25/coin.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:42:09 PM

I personally would prefer the higher quality myself. Do you know how much cheaper the alternative minter would be?

I too would be interested in at least 10 of the lowest possible s/n coins if the price will be at or below $25/coin.

I would probably be able to sell them for around 10-12$ each... Maybe less...
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:51:00 PM

Any idea how much the quality will suffer in order to get that price?
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:59:07 PM

Any idea how much the quality will suffer in order to get that price?

Probably quite a bit, since the die would be computer created instead of plaster hand sculpted... the material option I have is: ALUMINUM, NICODIUM, BRONZE, COPPER, NICKEL

The options I have for the most expensive one are: ANTIQUE BRONZE, SHINY BRASS, ANTIQUE NICKEL, SHINY NICKEL, ANTIQUE COPPER OR SHINY COPPER COIN

What material would you prefer ?
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 12:05:54 AM

Hard question. You managed to sell your first batch just fine, and now that your over that 'hump', your a respected coin maker with a brand. Your coins were AMAZING quality; stunning. That said, I think a smallish batch of 500 coppers would sell. You make high quality coins; keep it that way.

On the other hand, $25 is alot for a copper coin, BUT perhaps not so much if it has a wallet included.

I assuming your making the coppers in the same design as this previous coin In that case, I would say go with the old mint, and have them both uniform.

From a business perspective however, go with the lower quality. While the previous coin was simply amazing, with a very cheap coin of 10-12 you could get ALOT of people buying them. For me, $25 requires some consideration but ill spend $12 without much of it. You could easily become the most popular maker of such coins with wallets; many buyers would come. This is very good long-term.

All in all, tough choice..

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 12:20:01 AM

Probably quite a bit, since the die would be computer created instead of plaster hand sculpted... the material option I have is: ALUMINUM, NICODIUM, BRONZE, COPPER, NICKEL

The options I have for the most expensive one are: ANTIQUE BRONZE, SHINY BRASS, ANTIQUE NICKEL, SHINY NICKEL, ANTIQUE COPPER OR SHINY COPPER COIN

What material would you prefer ?

Definitely  not: aluminum

I (and i think most) want a heavy coin, a coin with mass. Not light like made by casascius. A bold, attention grabbing thing to put on display.
shiny copper is good, antique copper is better. antique nickel is also a good bet.
If you do shiny nickel, you must use the same mint as last time, since coins will be same color. I think it could go very well.

To be quite honest, I would consider the Shiny nickel and use the same mint the coins would then be the same except for different metal and compliment each other well.

I say antique broze OR antique copper OR shiny nickel

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:28:23 AM

Would you still be able to offer multi-signature with the lower cost coins? My guess is if the exchange rate continues to head up close to $1000, I think higher quality will sell. If it drops back to the $400-$500s, then the lower cost coins are the way to go. I would like to see the higher quality coins, but the market is tough right now. Smoothie didn't even get face value for his recent auction of funded 1/10 rolls. After the auction he lowered the price on his website. This could all change mattering the price of BTC.

Antique copper would be nice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: