Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [0/140 LEFT] ★ ONE OUNCE .999 FINE SILVER - CRYPTOLATOR PHYSICAL BITCOIN ★  (Read 14138 times)
Cryptolator (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:36:16 AM

Probably quite a bit, since the die would be computer created instead of plaster hand sculpted... the material option I have is: ALUMINUM, NICODIUM, BRONZE, COPPER, NICKEL

The options I have for the most expensive one are: ANTIQUE BRONZE, SHINY BRASS, ANTIQUE NICKEL, SHINY NICKEL, ANTIQUE COPPER OR SHINY COPPER COIN

What material would you prefer ?

Definitely  not: aluminum

I (and i think most) want a heavy coin, a coin with mass. Not light like made by casascius. A bold, attention grabbing thing to put on display.
shiny copper is good, antique copper is better. antique nickel is also a good bet.
If you do shiny nickel, you must use the same mint as last time, since coins will be same color. I think it could go very well.

To be quite honest, I would consider the Shiny nickel and use the same mint the coins would then be the same except for different metal and compliment each other well.

I say antique broze OR antique copper OR shiny nickel

Thanks for your input ! I think I'll stay with my current mint and I'll see how it goes, I want high quality over high profit ! Smiley

I dont think I would go with Shiny Nickel since it would look too much like the silver series...

Antique Bronze could look good, I need to make my mind before 72h since I want to order before the weekend.

The process time is minimum 6 weeks, so I guess I'll have them in the end of July or something...
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:41:23 AM

I personally would prefer the higher quality myself. Do you know how much cheaper the alternative minter would be?

I too would be interested in at least 10 of the lowest possible s/n coins if the price will be at or below $25/coin.

I would probably be able to sell them for around 10-12$ each... Maybe less...

Would you still be able to offer multi-signature with the lower cost coins? My guess is if the exchange rate continues to head up close to $1000, I think higher quality will sell. If it drops back to the $400-$500s, then the lower cost coins are the way to go. I would like to see the higher quality coins, but the market is tough right now. Smoothie didn't even get face value for his recent auction of funded 1/10 rolls. After the auction he lowered the price on his website. This could all change mattering the price of BTC.

Antique copper would be nice.

Yes, I will still offer multi-sig since it has been the most used options of the first series...

This option is really time consuming (I can't make a batch of them, I do them when I receive the order), so that is one of the reason it make the price a bit higher.

Also, at this price, it comes only in a air-tite capsule, no box unfortunately... (If peoples really want box, I may add this options but it would add something like 5$-6$ per coin)

Thanks for your input ! Smiley
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:55:58 AM

I would vote for higher quality.  There's a lot of lesser quality coins out there, but the thing that appealed to me with your coin was the sculpted relief, varying finishes (polished vs frosted), size, weight, and rarity.  After I received my first coin, I liked it so much, I ordered another. 

i think you should maintain the quality of your brand and not devalue it. 

If the price of bitcoins stays high, people will be willing to pay more for the coin itself.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:39:40 AM

I would vote for higher quality.  There's a lot of lesser quality coins out there, but the thing that appealed to me with your coin was the sculpted relief, varying finishes (polished vs frosted), size, weight, and rarity.  After I received my first coin, I liked it so much, I ordered another. 

If the price of bitcoins stays high, people will be willing to pay more for the coin itself.

Great ! Ok, now I'm pretty sure I'll go with higher quality !

The only thing I need to decide is the material....

Thanks for your input ! Tongue
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:00:58 PM

I think I would like to see these in copper, it would look sweet nice and shined up!
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1383
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 12:45:32 AM

I think I would like to see these in copper, it would look sweet nice and shined up!

actually, ill second that. the antique varieties wouldn't bring out the shine nearly as well.
I would go with shiny nickel or shiny copper, both have their advantages

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:10:01 AM

I would vote for a shiny copper.  It would remind me of Olympic medals (least expensive.. copper, middle.. silver, most expensive down the road.. gold or silver with gold).  Nolacoins follows this model for their .5, 1, and 3.0 physical bitcoin , which come in different colors for different denominations.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:14:59 AM

I'll have the preview of Antique bronze, shiny brass, antique copper and shiny copper coin tomorrow or friday.

I may send it here for you guys have a look, but, I really think it will be shiny copper (But my mind isn't quite set yet ! Tongue )

Thanks for all your comments guys  ! Smiley

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:02:07 PM

I'd like the higher quality coins.
Can I reserve 3 already? I'd like specific numbers if possible Smiley
Ejaculation

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:06:51 PM

Well shit obviously I miss out on this Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERPRISMA
                       1.4T+ ● 0.70-0.78J/GH ● ONLY 1.39BTC                          Shipping in Oct.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1383
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 12:37:27 AM

seconded

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

Yep, PM me the numbers, it will be from 001 to 500...  Wink
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:41:36 AM

Sent you a PM.  I'll take one.

Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:36:09 AM

Ok, I've started my waiting list, so if you want a specific number, just PM me and I'll put you on the list.

I should receive my next batch in the end of July/ Beginning of August.

They will likely be in Fine Copper, but I'll receive some artwork tomorrow and I'll make the final decision then.

Coins 001 to 010 are already taken and some others also...

There will be 500 coins in this series and they will likely be priced around 25$ in individual order, I'll have bulk price also...

Feel free to give your advice or ask questions ! Smiley
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:36:03 PM

Ok guys, I need your opinion, which one do you prefer ?

(BTW, the 1 Bitcoin will be replaced by 0.1 Bitcoin and the .999 Fine Silver will be removed)

Thanks ! Smiley
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:02:12 PM

Option 2 and 3 look pretty nice Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:28:02 PM

I gravitate towards the bronze. Also, from random antiqued coins and medals I've seen, the antiquing process doesn't alway look the same (sometimes it looks shiny and painted on to me, short of cheesy). If you go with antiqued, make sure it looks good.

bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:56:04 PM

I vote for #2. 

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:59:42 PM

I like option 2 Smiley
Whatever you decide to go for, I'll still be happy to buy Smiley (I sent you a PM with numbers to reserve a while back).
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:26:06 PM

#2 or #4 with a slight preference for #2.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: