Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:57:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion  (Read 89523 times)
amithus705

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:06:47 AM

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT A MOD IN THIS THREAD SO THE NEWS ISN'T LOST AMONG 400 PAGES OF CRAP.

We need a place to stay up to date on what's happening and when we need to update / when accounts aren't frozen anymore along with any new info coming out. The other WC thread is a complete wreck and basically pointless to read. I've tried gleaning as much info as I could but paging / skimming 4-5 pages just to get 1 informational post is taking up too much time. If you want this community to grow, we need a place to stay informed and not constantly barraged by crap posts about dicks, beating up the devs and general FUD.

Please, I beg someone to take this thread and moderate it. I'll even do some part time moderating if I need to. I don't spend a ton of time on these forums but at least a few hours a day. I just don't want to see useful info become useless because no one saw it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
angryacorn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:26:43 AM

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT A MOD IN THIS THREAD SO THE NEWS ISN'T LOST AMONG 400 PAGES OF CRAP.

We need a place to stay up to date on what's happening and when we need to update / when accounts aren't frozen anymore along with any new info coming out. The other WC thread is a complete wreck and basically pointless to read. I've tried gleaning as much info as I could but paging / skimming 4-5 pages just to get 1 informational post is taking up too much time. If you want this community to grow, we need a place to stay informed and not constantly barraged by crap posts about dicks, beating up the devs and general FUD.

Please, I beg someone to take this thread and moderate it. I'll even do some part time moderating if I need to. I don't spend a ton of time on these forums but at least a few hours a day. I just don't want to see useful info become useless because no one saw it.

follow here for now http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#whitecoinfoundation iv asked for mod but no one is free to at this point in time! priority is wallet update
amithus705

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:32:38 AM

follow here for now http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#whitecoinfoundation iv asked for mod but no one is free to at this point in time! priority is wallet update

Thank you. I just don't want to see people that come late to this thread and maybe miss important info. I know wallet is priority but a clean channel of communication that is chronological on this site is invaluable. I'll join the IRC but I really do hope they put a mod on this thread. Or appoint a person in the community that is fair and willing to keep the thread on track of news / info only. The rest of the BS needs to be cut out.
angryacorn

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:34:30 AM

Thank you. I just don't want to see people that come late to this thread and maybe miss important info. I know wallet is priority but a clean channel of communication that is chronological on this site is invaluable. I'll join the IRC but I really do hope they put a mod on this thread. Or appoint a person in the community that is fair and willing to keep the thread on track of news / info only. The rest of the BS needs to be cut out.

other thread has been hijacked by blackc@nts so im hoping we can keep this one clean 2!
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:57:21 AM

Hey everyone sorry about the dead twitter link in the OP, it should be fixed now. More updates soon hoping to hear from the update test team shortly.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:05:04 AM

funding is very important...

1. only approved pools that donate 1% to the WC foundation are listed on the OP. Everyone will mine on those only.

2. this % goes to a WC pot held by escrow level member and released only in stages for things that need doing... these jobs will be put up for public bidding and paid only upon completion and working 100% perfectly.

3. donations again held by escrow level members in cold wallets.

new WC thread, self moderated to get rid on groundless FUD... any comments not backed by evidence deleted.

angryacorn

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:05:59 AM

Hey everyone sorry about the dead twitter link in the OP, it should be fixed now. More updates soon hoping to hear from the update test team shortly.

where is the update from kleeve announced hours ago?
amithus705

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:23:37 AM

funding is very important...

1. only approved pools that donate 1% to the WC foundation are listed on the OP. Everyone will mine on those only.

2. this % goes to a WC pot held by escrow level member and released only in stages for things that need doing... these jobs will be put up for public bidding and paid only upon completion and working 100% perfectly.

3. donations again held by escrow level members in cold wallets.

new WC thread, self moderated to get rid on groundless FUD... any comments not backed by evidence deleted.

I couldn't agree more. Mogonzo, if you need help, PM me. I know I'm not very known in this forum but I've been lurking here more than posting.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:41:30 AM

i will donate 10k WC for the foundation when it is setup

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:56:52 AM

i will donate 10k WC for the foundation when it is setup

+1 but let's get escrow level member to hold the WC pot.

Also the approved pools only that donate a % to the same pot is a great idea.

tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:02:49 AM

Hello,
Developer from Cryptographic Anomaly (CGA) here, as well as a moderator from the Poloniex exchange.
I have been working to implement, test, and then deploy the fixes necessary to bring WC back to primetime and get staking working. As it is, I believe I have all the necessary fixes done in my fork of the code tree (accessible here: https://github.com/tf2honeybadger/Whitecoin). However, I am getting very tired, and I am not confident in my abilities to continue to test and then deploy this new wallet without a full night's sleep and the help of the foundation.

The code in my fork of the code tree should be considered bleeding edge, and it is not suitable for production. It is your full responsibility to back up your wallet.dat before running it. It compiles, but I cannot promise that it will be able to sync up with another node because mine are off right now. This has changes suggested by cryptowest (create a new keypair for staking), and the changes proposed by the original, anonymous, Whitecoin developer (they can be found here: https://github.com/Whitecoiner/Whitecoin/pull/5).

I will continue to work on the WC wallet until the staking is confirmed to be working and Poloniex and Mintpal have resumed trading. After this happens, I will no longer be doing development work for WC. The Foundation is working to bring on new developers who know much more about PoS coin source than I do, and we will hopefully see this soon.

Many of you may be wondering why I chose to do this for another coin. I believe that coin developers need to help each other out more often. While community matters inside each altcoin, it also matters for the whole coin ecosystem. I hope that going forward, WC has two new goals in mind: Transparency in the foundation and in the development process, and rigorous testing of wallets before a widespread release. I hope that the foundation will help to make this happen. I have a very small stake in WC (~200 WC), so I really am doing this to help another coin out, not to save myself.

See you all in #whitecoinfoundation on freenode soon,
tf2honeybadger.
alcamie

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:06:46 AM

Hello,
Developer from Cryptographic Anomaly (CGA) here, as well as a moderator from the Poloniex exchange.
I have been working to implement, test, and then deploy the fixes necessary to bring WC back to primetime and get staking working. As it is, I believe I have all the necessary fixes done in my fork of the code tree (accessible here: https://github.com/tf2honeybadger/Whitecoin). However, I am getting very tired, and I am not confident in my abilities to continue to test and then deploy this new wallet without a full night's sleep and the help of the foundation.

The code in my fork of the code tree should be considered bleeding edge, and it is not suitable for production. It is your full responsibility to back up your wallet.dat before running it. It compiles, but I cannot promise that it will be able to sync up with another node because mine are off right now. This has changes suggested by cryptowest (create a new keypair for staking), and the changes proposed by the original, anonymous, Whitecoin developer (they can be found here: https://github.com/Whitecoiner/Whitecoin/pull/5).

I will continue to work on the WC wallet until the staking is confirmed to be working and Poloniex and Mintpal have resumed trading. After this happens, I will no longer be doing development work for WC. The Foundation is working to bring on new developers who know much more about PoS coin source than I do, and we will hopefully see this soon.

Many of you may be wondering why I chose to do this for another coin. I believe that coin developers need to help each other out more often. While community matters inside each altcoin, it also matters for the whole coin ecosystem. I hope that going forward, WC has two new goals in mind: Transparency in the foundation and in the development process, and rigorous testing of wallets before a widespread release. I hope that the foundation will help to make this happen. I have a very small stake in WC (~200 WC), so I really am doing this to help another coin out, not to save myself.

tf2honeybadger.

Hear Hear!!

Good work through the night my time honeybadger. Very good cross community support all round. What I saw from some from BC and other crypto's last night on the IRC has restored my faith in what Crypto is all about. All moving forward as one rather than trying to bring each other down.

Very good effort, well done!!

WC: WYMu51H5jeyo9y3K43MkXTavruJkQLJoP1
BTC: 13UrQzZqTrh2KipyMqGFDZzzaKQeiCwxy4
dminer69

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:25:54 AM

great to see the community getting organize!
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:31:40 AM

once we get the escrow setup let me know so i can send the 10k WC

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:42:45 AM

hey all! Incoming FUD from this user KingSchultz from BC! look away now if you tired of seeing the same old crap hahaha just a heads up

Hahahaha. No FUD from me. I've made maybe two or three posts in threads of coins I don't support in my entire account's history. And I guarantee that they weren't troll posts.

I made an idle threat IN THE BLACKCOIN THREAD that I would pick apart Stratobitz's 'truth' in response to his continual and long-time posting of FUD in, you guessed it, THE BLACKCOIN THREAD.

But idle threats are idle threats. As if I'd waste the time. Cheesy My goal was to keep his FUD out of Blackcoin's thread.
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:49:56 AM

As this is a self moderated topic and this stuff will get deleted, I'd also like to ask that the posters naming me have their posts deleted. You can check my history, I've done no trolling on other boards.

Scratch that, I saw someone mention self-moderated above. Don't think this topic is.
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:51:45 AM

Good news! Long live WC!

I'm actually glad this shift happened. Now there are more people involved than before

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:55:44 AM

Hello,

tf2honeybadger.

Thanks !
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:59:30 AM

Good news! Long live WC!

I'm actually glad this shift happened. Now there are more people involved than before

Agreed, seems stronger than ever...stronger than any other coin I've followed.  Great work so far!
surma

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:03:48 AM

I am pleased to announce the opening of new, whitecoin multipool.

Currently pool offers VARDIFF, PROP payout system. proprietary software and 24/7 support. In the near future there will be a new website with detailed pool and miner statistics and prettier layout.

Join now:
http://wc.ghash.org/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: