Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Necronomicon thread: Altcoins which are dead.  (Read 43841 times)
Cryddit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:30:34 PM

okay....  Some of the added coins are old issues I've just found out about, and some of them are current issues whose value is dropping toward zero. 

Added:  Alphacoin (ALF), Applebyte (ABY), Bitland(?), Blakebitcoin(BBTC), BTCtalkcoin(BCC), Cagecoin(CAGE), Citizencoin(CTZ), Conspiracycoin(CYC), Cypherfunk(FUNK), Dishercoin(?), EmbargoCoin(EBG), Failcoin(FAIL), Genecoin(?), Globe(GLB), Heisenberg(HEX), Horsecoin(HORS), Kumacoin(KUMA), LimecoinX(LIMX), Litecoinplus(XLC), Litecoinx(LTCX), Lottery Tickets(TIX), Megcoin(MEG), Mjollnircoin(MNR), Networkcoin(NWC), Protoshares(PTS), Quora(QUORA), Thebotcoin(TBN), Topcoin(TOP), UnitedScryptcoin(USC), Wincoin(WIN), XXLcoin(XXL), Yamashitacoin(YMC).

Also, I removed some, in the course of reconciling my list with the one posted here:  Some of these are coins where I hadn't saved a specific, dated, observation of low market cap and had seen them trading on at least a few occasions with higher market cap.  Some are cryptocurrencies I added to the list when they were withdrawn from exchanges, but they are now back on exchanges. 

Removed Battlecoin (BCX), Benjamins (BEN), Bitbar (BTB), Dimecoin(DIME), Earthcoin(EAC), Emoticoin(EMO), Nybble(NBL), Solarcoin(SLR), Spots(SPT), Tekcoin(TEK).

Universitycoin will remain on the list until it convinces me it isn't just drain circling, ie, until it has spent at least 90 days trading above market cap $5K.  If it doesn't fail, that will occur no sooner than 29 August. 
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:42:42 AM

Good work my brother.
Cryddit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:29:38 PM

Today added Forexcoin, PHcoin, Bitquark, Wavecoin, Magicoin, Huskycoin, qubitcoin, groincoin, compasscoin, capitalcoin, and Globalboost.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:19:27 PM

Any recent updates? We seem to be in the summer doldrums for even quality alts judging from pricing, so I have to believe the die-off is continuing.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:01:04 PM

most of them are abortion or miscarriages more than deadcoins. but anyway thanks for updating the list.
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:17:21 PM

AppleByte is hardly dead, the coin has only been live a little over two months and has a user community of 1950+ on twitter & 1300+ on FB.

And here is todays market cap:

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 10.06.01 AM

And here is a clip from one of our posts just today:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few of the ways our user community have spent their AppleBytes:

AppleByte Prepaid VISA Card
AppleByte Subway Sandwich Gift Card
Shakeshack Burgers Gift Card
Lotteries for ASIC Miners

You can see the details on our forum: Places to use AppleBytes

Here is the latest way we are supporting our user community:

$25 AppleByte AMC Theater Gift Card for 2500 ABY!

Join us in building a real, engaged user community!

Need some ABY? It is traded on Poloniex

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:24:25 PM

datacoin is not 'dead'. Network is still intact aswell as community and developement is ongoing. It is just traded on low marketcap currently which can change any day. So: low price, yes. All other indicators, no.
Actually a huge opportunity since it is one of the very few coins that has practical use (like nmc) - decentralized datastorage. Pretty sure there will be demand later for its practical applications.
Cryddit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:03:27 PM

Anything which isn't dying can stay above $5K for 90 days. 

Until then, all I can tell you is, best of luck!

Cryddit
smalltimer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:45:45 PM

Anything which isn't dying can stay above $5K for 90 days.  

Until then, all I can tell you is, best of luck!

Cryddit

which is the case for dtc. currently 20k after 6 months decline. Only that fact it is not pumped and dumped doesn't make it dead.  
I see healthy network, active dev and community. So yeah. DTC has potential for many thousand percent roi, i'll admit that.
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 08:47:36 PM

OMFG PEOPLE!!!

Just fucking read the OP COMPLETELY before posting and arguing "my favorite coin isn't dead"...

And go out and put your wallet where your mouth is, create BUY support for your favorite coin and DON'T FUCKING SELL FOR CHEAP.

bitcoincal

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:10:54 PM

Great thread!  Smiley This should be a sticky.

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
smalltimer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:35:16 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 07:08:14 AM by smalltimer

OMFG PEOPLE!!!

Just fucking read the OP COMPLETELY before posting and arguing "my favorite coin isn't dead"...

And go out and put your wallet where your mouth is, create BUY support for your favorite coin and DON'T FUCKING SELL FOR CHEAP.

what are you on about? DTC is currently traded on bter (always has been), it is also on comkort and it is traded 90 days above 50k$ (ten times more than required) . Buysupport is there.

OMG make your fuckin research before going "OMG fucking" in the thread

DTC is not dead and i don't see any reason for it to be listed there yet. Meeting all requirements not to be on the list. In fact it fulfilled at no point the requirements for being dead. So i don't see how it was included in the list in the first place.
Only because you were not able to figure out it is active on bter and were also not able to find the thread which is still active doesn't make it dead OMFG!!!1

you are going to see me and some other smart investors  make obscene amounts of money with DTC because there will be real demand for its practical applications in the future. Further than that there is a whale buying and buying and buying. He holds so many coins right now and he knows the true value. Freaking DTC will blow the rooftop off. So take it off the list. It shouldn't be on it.

lel, that guy
eddilicious

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:04:09 AM

wow, great work. did not find lottocoin in the list.
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:54:24 AM

OMFG PEOPLE!!!

Exactly. OP has defined "dead" clearly as the following.

For purposes of this discussion, I'm going to count any coin as DEAD, even if its blockchain is still running, when it is currently either delisted from all exchanges, or when it ought to have been because its total market capitalization has wandered south of US$5000. 

Nothing will be taken off this list until or unless it claws its way out of the grave by having its market capitalization climb over US$5000 and stay there for 90 days.   

If a coin has never been on an exchange yet, I'm not going to bother counting it as dead, unless it gets listed on an exchange while its market capitalization is still less than US$5,000 (which I'll count as a stillbirth).  In fact I'm tempted to list *EVERY* new launch as a dead coin until 90 days of continuous market cap above US$5000.

I'm using coinmarketcap.com for coins that are still on some exchange somewhere, and counting all coins not currently traded on some exchange as having zero market capitalization.

smalltimer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:59:42 AM

OMFG PEOPLE!!!

Exactly. OP has defined "dead" clearly as the following.

For purposes of this discussion, I'm going to count any coin as DEAD, even if its blockchain is still running, when it is currently either delisted from all exchanges, or when it ought to have been because its total market capitalization has wandered south of US$5000. 

Nothing will be taken off this list until or unless it claws its way out of the grave by having its market capitalization climb over US$5000 and stay there for 90 days.   

If a coin has never been on an exchange yet, I'm not going to bother counting it as dead, unless it gets listed on an exchange while its market capitalization is still less than US$5,000 (which I'll count as a stillbirth).  In fact I'm tempted to list *EVERY* new launch as a dead coin until 90 days of continuous market cap above US$5000.

I'm using coinmarketcap.com for coins that are still on some exchange somewhere, and counting all coins not currently traded on some exchange as having zero market capitalization.

right. so dtc is not dead
Cryddit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:27:23 PM

Datacoin and philosopherstone removed; they were on there by mistake apparently.  Added a bunch of other things, mostly new cryptocurrencies that got onto exchanges via a bribe instead of via being valuable enough to be good for  the exchange's business.
Cryddit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:43:51 PM

Regarding Lottocoin, during the period I've been tracking it I've observed market capitalization ranging from 23454 today to 90279 at about this time last month.  So, yes, it's lost 75% of its value approximately, but no, it isn't yet dead, even by the criterion I've been using.

bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:04:50 PM

This was an enjoyable thread. Gotta love memory lane it has been an interesting year. Didn't see nuggets on the list. :-)~
/summon vlad for rant.

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

HTMLcoin(HTML) changing to x11 still trading.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507215.msg8531647#msg8531647
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:38:19 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 03:50:57 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

just wanted to ask why granitecoin (grn) is listed as dead ... ?

its alive and well - though a great deal has happened since all the FUD that was trying to dismember it was dished out ...

its slow moving and ive taken over the management/ownership of the coin - but i dont see how a coin can be considered 'dead' if its continuing to be mined and traded ...

i have setup block explorers - so that blocks can be seen and a 'richlist' with stats to show what is happening ... which includes details of the bonus blocks and all thats happening with the network and payouts - which was a cause for (false)alarm a while back ...

a change of logo and graphics - with change of backend to the wallet and a new website is coming ... as soon as i can organize a good dev to redevelop with me ...

improvement is always moving along and since my takeover - i have no intention to stop it ...

so please take grn off the 'dead' list ...

if the blockchain is still functional and the coin is still being mined and traded - then i would think that any coin in that situation is still alive no matter how small or large the network hashrate ...

for those that are still interested - the following links show what is happening and what is being updated ...

im slow - but steady ... grn is very much alive - and if i have anything to do with it - will be around for quite a while yet Smiley

links -

new bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718939 ...
block explorer - http://cryptobe.com/chain/GraniteCoin/ ...
block explorer with richlist and stats - http://grn.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/ ...
twitter feed - https://twitter.com/chrysophylax69/ ...
mining pools - coinking ( https://coinking.io/ at port 6675 ) ... dedicatedpool ( http://grn.v2.dedicatedpool.com/ at port 8009 ) ... zpool ( http://www.zpool.co/pool/grn/x11/ at port 3029 ) ...
exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ ...
voting for exchange induction - cc-ex ( https://c-cex.com/?id=vote ) ... askcoin ( https://askcoin.net/votes/ ) ... coins-e ( https://www.coins-e.com/voting/ ) ...

im working hard to get things back on track here ... im still looking for a good dev to work with me to implement new ideas and redevelop - so support wuld be much appreciated ...

if there is anything that anyone would like to see - i would be more than happy to accommodate in any way i can ... especially to take on any thoughts or ideas the public has to improve the coin ...

tanx guys - your help would be very much appreciated ...

btw - i REALLY like what you have done here ... what a great idea ... im thinking maybe an addition to supliment would be a sublist of coins that are in development ( or re-development ) ... granitecoin would be a candidate on that one ... Smiley

crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: