Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:26:04 AM

You heard from one of them less than 12 hours ago, yet you claim they haven't been here for days. Get back under your bridge!
1 hour = 12 hours in crypto world

Damnit - that means I've missed lunch Angry

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dawj20

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:58:31 AM

When will there be promotion on VK?   Huh

Nobody is stopping you. GO GO GO to VK and OUT of this thread!

Let the devs spend their time on things that matter.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:19:33 AM

Tonight will be a new version for Windows, which will show all the "Peers"

i would like to know why new version still not uploaded  Roll Eyes ? will the new version synchronize automatically?
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:22:00 AM

if you do it manually you're absolutely genius geek man Cheesy, I don't have time for that Tongue

It does not take much genius.  Even something as simple as just wrapping `eval` and `Function` with replacements that will print their arguments and call the original will often go a long way.  Usually the only difficult and/or tedious part is in-lining.
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:08:39 AM

You heard from one of them less than 12 hours ago, yet you claim they haven't been here for days.

My fav was the guy yesterday who said "I'm out, the dev didn't even bother to answer my question from pages ago so I'm out".

When I checked his post, it was on the very same page and only posted 2.5 hours earlier. How dare the devs do not provide him with a personal response in the middle of the night on a weekend! Oh, and what was the question of such extreme importance? "When will Node be on Bittrex?" Grin

The silver linining here is that it's not hard to make a profit when you are trading against people with the patience, attention span and analytical skills of a snail.

tianjinlian

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:12:06 PM

keep on eyes , node will fly  Cool

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:33:33 PM

when r u gonna release linux and mac wallets ? i rarely use Windows

~CfA~

plz release linux wallet asap Cool

~CfA

koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:10:13 PM

You heard from one of them less than 12 hours ago, yet you claim they haven't been here for days.

My fav was the guy yesterday who said "I'm out, the dev didn't even bother to answer my question from pages ago so I'm out".

When I checked his post, it was on the very same page and only posted 2.5 hours earlier. How dare the devs do not provide him with a personal response in the middle of the night on a weekend! Oh, and what was the question of such extreme importance? "When will Node be on Bittrex?" Grin

The silver linining here is that it's not hard to make a profit when you are trading against people with the patience, attention span and analytical skills of a snail.

Well... everyone is different, we are trying to have an individual approach, but it is hard, especially that text doesn't transmit emotions - and some how we end up with people being hostile towards us.

But i must admit that there are those that will take your arm when your offering your hand!

hypersire

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:22:00 PM

Well... everyone is different, we are trying to have an individual approach, but it is hard, especially that text doesn't transmit emotions - and some how we end up with people being hostile towards us.

But i must admit that there are those that will take your arm when your offering your hand!

I totally agree Koop and normally I let most things slide but I simply had to point this one out to illustrate the extreme impatience among the people trolling this thread. It has gotten so absurd that someone who posts a question in the middle of the night on the weekend is astonished to discover their question hasn't been answered 2.5 hours later!

I still remember after Node launched - within 2 days people were posting that the devs had abandoned Node.

If it was up to me I would banish these kinds of people from the thread - they have nothing to  contribute whatsoever, they just try to spread FUD so that they can buy in cheap, or pump the other coins they are holding.

Basically, these are people who are angry that their free Node stake hasn't made them millionaires within a week after launch  Smiley
GreenDude

Activity: 531

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:53:29 PM

They will have to close their fud shorts soon as the price will rise significantly Cheesy
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:06:44 PM

I totally agree Koop and normally I let most things slide but I simply had to point this one out to illustrate the extreme impatience among the people trolling this thread. It has gotten so absurd that someone who posts a question in the middle of the night on the weekend is astonished to discover their question hasn't been answered 2.5 hours later!

I still remember after Node launched - within 2 days people were posting that the devs had abandoned Node.

If it was up to me I would banish these kinds of people from the thread - they have nothing to  contribute whatsoever, they just try to spread FUD so that they can buy in cheap, or pump the other coins they are holding.

Basically, these are people who are angry that their free Node stake hasn't made them millionaires within a week after launch  Smiley

After all Internet Trolls feed on attention!

BTW we included your new Block reader design! I pm'd you the link! if you would like to include any revision, that will be cool!

I'll publicly announce it after you approve it!

lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:18:12 PM

Please can someone explain how exactly NODE forging works? I have a NODE that will run constantly. So I can optimize the forging block sending NODEs to other people?
But it is necessary to wait a while between one transaction and another? How long is the wait?
THX!

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:36:44 PM

Please can someone explain how exactly NODE forging works? I have a NODE that will run constantly. So I can optimize the forging block sending NODEs to other people?
But it is necessary to wait a while between one transaction and another? How long is the wait?
THX!

Sure, this is how it works:

At the moment there are 2 primordial parameters that define which node is going to be elected: Time & Spent Volume(ammount)!

at the beginning when the forging module will be set in place: your timeHeight(the amount of time that you spent online since your last connection) will be calculated by the network and compared to other nodes timeHeight.

After determining the time, the second parameter will kick in and will determine the spent amount since your last login, each node will value 1unit of time - adding an extra second for each node you sent out of your account.

Those will be summed acordingly and we'll get the Nodeheight = timeHeight + Units

Practical example:
blockgeneration time: 14:00 pm 21/09/14
Node I(icharles123) connected @ 1:00 pm  21/09/14 and hasn't made any transaction => timeHeight=3600s + 0 Units = 3600NodeHeight
Node A (Mr.hotdog) connected @ 1:05 pm  21/09/14 and sent 1 node.  => timeHeight=2700s + 1 Unit = 2701 NodeHeight

Nodeheight 3600 > Nodeheight 2701 =>  Node I > Node A => Node I will generate the block!

After a block is generated Node I's NodeHeight will be reseted, and the cycle will restart!

Questions?

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:17:04 PM

NODE price is falling and the developers have not be heard from in days.   Cry

I'm all for a little bit of FUD every now and again, but I am getting sick of your lies. If you want to foster doubt over a valid concern go for it, but resorting to complete fabrications really should be a bannable offence. Fuck off you dumb cunt.

yUP, lAST STRAW. Another Ignored. Means big price rise. They are trying to shake out the weak hands.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:19:37 PM

if you do it manually you're absolutely genius geek man Cheesy, I don't have time for that Tongue

It does not take much genius.  Even something as simple as just wrapping `eval` and `Function` with replacements that will print their arguments and call the original will often go a long way.  Usually the only difficult and/or tedious part is in-lining.

Wish there was REP on this board. I enjoy your posts. Breath of fresh air on this cesspool site. Checking out the Zen thread now.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:20:53 PM

+1 Internets fo you. Wink

hypersire

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:46:49 PM

Wish there was REP on this board. I enjoy your posts. Breath of fresh air on this cesspool site. Checking out the Zen thread now.

I totally agree. Constructive posts like HunterMinerCrafter's are always welcome. Even posts critical of Node are certainly welcome, provided you actually provide some valid points that give people something to discuss and possibly improve upon.

"Me smell scam", "Dev abandoned coin", and "Are we on Bittrex yet? Are we on Bittrex yet?" unfortunately do not qualify Grin
zhenhaoa

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:00:05 PM

Grin  when will hold an giveaway?
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:47:31 PM

THX!

At the moment there are 2 primordial parameters that define which node is going to be elected: Time & Spent Volume(ammount)!

at the beginning when the forging module will be set in place: your timeHeight(the amount of time that you spent online since your last connection) will be calculated by the network and compared to other nodes timeHeight.

After determining the time, the second parameter will kick in and will determine the spent amount since your last login, each node will value 1unit of time - adding an extra second for each node you sent out of your account.

Those will be summed acordingly and we'll get the Nodeheight = timeHeight + Units

Practical example:
Node I(icharles123) connected @ 1:00 pm  21/09/14 and hasn't made any transaction => timeHeight=3600s + 0 Units = 3600NodeHeight
Node A (Mr.hotdog) connected @ 1:05 pm  21/09/14 and sent 1 node.  => timeHeight=2700s + 1 Unit = 2701 NodeHeight

Nodeheight 3600 > Nodeheight 2701 =>  Node I > Node A => Node I will generate the block!

After a block is generated Node I's NodeHeight will be reseted, and the cycle will restart!

Questions?
Thank you for the explanation. More questions:
The blocks come in what time interval?
Can anyone beat the system? Like for example, I create two accounts and leave it full time online and between each block, make an transaction between them an amount of Nodes (depending on need), it will add a amount of Nodeheight (more than other accounts that are not fulltime online) making me get more blocks than normal.

There are mechanisms to prevent this is not possible?

THX for answers, i will keep an OP atualized.

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:53:06 PM

THX!

Practical example:
Node I(icharles123) connected @ 1:00 pm  21/09/14 and hasn't made any transaction => timeHeight=3600s + 0 Units = 3600NodeHeight
Node A (Mr.hotdog) connected @ 1:05 pm  21/09/14 and sent 1 node.  => timeHeight=2700s + 1 Unit = 2701 NodeHeight

Nodeheight 3600 > Nodeheight 2701 =>  Node I > Node A => Node I will generate the block!

Questions?
Thank you for the explanation. More questions:
The blocks come in what time interval?
Can anyone beat the system? Like for example, I create two accounts and leave it full time online and between each block, make an transaction between them an amount of Nodes (depending on need), it will add a amount of Nodeheight (more than other accounts that are not fulltime online) making me get more blocks than normal.

There are mechanisms to prevent this is not possible?

THX for answers, i will keep an OP atualized.
Blocks are created on demand. So if there are no transactions to confirm, no block will be generated. All transactions within 60s are bundled in one block. Until the 60s are reached, the transactions are confirmed in local memory of each node so instant transaction is working though.
At least, that's how I understood the whitepaper Wink

edit: sending your coins back and forth between 2 wallets should not be profitable due to the network fees which are currently 0.35%.
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: