Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:43:06 PM

apart from NODE being a stripped down clone of NXT and originally called NXTL you mean?

Everyone knows they just recoded NXT in another language, yawn.

how do you know that? are you just speculating? they have not released any code that i am aware of so it can be new code or a copy of nxt. neither are a bad thing for node, nxt is a good platform but its mainly the services and uses which give a coin value. correct me if im wrong tho
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:13:39 PM

how do you know that? are you just speculating? they have not released any code that i am aware of so it can be new code or a copy of nxt. neither are a bad thing for node, nxt is a good platform but its mainly the services and uses which give a coin value. correct me if im wrong tho

The first version of the wallet shipped with "packed" but non-obfuscated code for the backend.  I linked to the original code earlier in the thread, but here is the link again for reference: http://pastebin.com/a7JzU7kv

The new version was obfuscated using jscrambler, so it seems they spent additional time, effort, and $35 to $95 this week to try to better hide their source.  To what end, I'm not sure.

I didn't try much to reconstruct the obfuscated source.  Given that we have the first version and there were likely not heavy code changes in-between it should still be relatively easy to get the version 2 source, but I probably will not bother.
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:32:03 PM

The first version of the wallet shipped with "packed" but non-obfuscated code for the backend.  I linked to the original code earlier in the thread, but here is the link again for reference: http://pastebin.com/a7JzU7kv

The new version was obfuscated using jscrambler, so it seems they spent additional time, effort, and $35 to $95 this week to try to better hide their source.  To what end, I'm not sure.

I didn't try much to reconstruct the obfuscated source.  Given that we have the first version and there were likely not heavy code changes in-between it should still be relatively easy to get the version 2 source, but I probably will not bother.

Was the code atleast decent or were there any suspicious parts ? I still do not know how to feel about this project. There are something odd in the PR, distribution and development. Do not see What's was the whole point launching NODE before working client, exchanges etc. Basically we have monetary system built up but no ways to use it.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
SillkRoad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:18:27 PM

Was the code atleast decent or were there any suspicious parts ? I still do not know how to feel about this project. There are something odd in the PR, distribution and development. Do not see What's was the whole point launching NODE before working client, exchanges etc. Basically we have monetary system built up but no ways to use it.

for security purposes, the source code will be published after beta testing
mellorbo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:32:46 PM

The first version of the wallet shipped with "packed" but non-obfuscated code for the backend.  I linked to the original code earlier in the thread, but here is the link again for reference: http://pastebin.com/a7JzU7kv

The new version was obfuscated using jscrambler, so it seems they spent additional time, effort, and $35 to $95 this week to try to better hide their source.  To what end, I'm not sure.

I didn't try much to reconstruct the obfuscated source.  Given that we have the first version and there were likely not heavy code changes in-between it should still be relatively easy to get the version 2 source, but I probably will not bother.

for security purposes, the source code will be published after beta testing

so is that way of saying currently its insecure? because it sounds like it

i agree with simakki all this should have been done way before launch not after or at least have a half decent working wallet.
SillkRoad

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:39:10 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 04:59:26 PM by SillkRoad

i agree with simakki all this should have been done way before launch not after or at least have a half decent working wallet.

Blockchain already formed, the only thing that we set up and test the network and data synchronization. We have already done today new changes in the code
On the following days there is a new client update. You should understand that before the final version of the client will be new updates it will not affect Your accounts and coins

I am referring to the safety of our project
Have you seen something to NXT or other project once fully open code from the very beginning
mellorbo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

Blockchain already formed, the only thing that we set up and test the network and data synchronization. We have already done today new changes in the code
On the following days there is a new client update

Have you seen something to NXT or other project once fully open code from the very beginning

if its just the security of the project you was meaning thats fine, its understandable.
at least for me it sounded like u was meaning security in the wallet.

i must ask tho why has the client not been built up to at least a stable beta before the coins were distributed?  a great proportion of other coins have released a functional client before they distributed the coins or at least a secure web client but we diddnt even get that. what was the reasoning behind choosing http over https to distribute NODE as imo it was a security risk to do so.
SillkRoad

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:11:54 PM

if its just the security of the project you was meaning thats fine, its understandable.

i must ask tho why has the client not been built up to at least a stable beta before the coins were distributed?  a great proportion of other coins have released a functional client before they distributed the coins or at least a secure web client but we diddnt even get that. what was the reasoning behind choosing http over https to distribute NODE as imo it was a security risk to do so.

Our beta test, everything was fine and the network worked
After the release of the client we are faced with the problems of synchronization, we now debug and test with you

I ask the community to be patient until we release the final customer
tencentcoin

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:52:05 PM

would this coin become the exocoin v2?

only test test test and test ?       

beta1 beta 1.02 and so on?

i wish we will get the final version soon , best wish to this coin

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:48:58 PM

i wish it too, is there a schedule when this coin will be 100% working?

So we can contact a exchange.
CoinHolder

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:04:16 PM

would this coin become the exocoin v2?

only test test test and test ?       

beta1 beta 1.02 and so on?

i wish we will get the final version soon , best wish to this coin
Better to test it, than launch like Syscoin.  Grin
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:21:08 PM

The security of the project! It is cool that people are trying to verify the code from the beginning, and we are looking forward to that, cause thanks to their help we might find goals to work on! But messing with the code in a vicious way, might harm! And also we are innovating, and pioneering with node.js! Which means that nobody did something that our team does, and this creates opportunities for plagiate (which is inevitable cause this is an open source project). And we would rather postpone it after the source release! After all our team deserves the credit, even if it will be taken away later.

The client should had been released at the same time as the distribution ended, but we had a small miscommunication,   and the release was delayed! And the http it is temporary, as we were just about to release the client. I think it will be added in the near future.

mellorbo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:30:40 PM

The security of the project! It is cool that people are trying to verify the code from the beginning, and we are looking forward to that, cause thanks to their help we might find goals to work on! But messing with the code in a vicious way, might harm! And also we are innovating, and pioneering with node.js! Which means that nobody did something that our team does, and this creates opportunities for plagiate (which is inevitable cause this is an open source project). And we would rather postpone it after the source release! After all our team deserves the credit, even if it will be taken away later.

The client should had been released at the same time as the distribution ended, but we had a small miscommunication,   and the release was delayed! And the http it is temporary, as we were just about to release the client. I think it will be added in the near future.

thankyou for the update koop4u its greatly appreciated. i look forward to future development Smiley
cryptnutter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:00:54 PM

Glad I got in on this one! Node.js is very popular with developers so I can see Node getting some good word of mouth advertising in dev circles.

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:09:24 AM

I was one of the first users who had signed up for this many months back. SInce then there has been some revisions, and the latest was I signed up again after receiving a PM from Grumand. How do I go about claiming my stake?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

baby222

Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:22:42 AM

I was one of the first users who had signed up for this many months back. SInce then there has been some revisions, and the latest was I signed up again after receiving a PM from Grumand. How do I go about claiming my stake?

maybe you can only get 20000coins now , because you late , see the memberlist there are about 200+later members
Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:28:35 AM

maybe you can only get 20000coins now , because you late , see the memberlist there are about 200+later members

By the side of my name its written as 598894. Does this mean I get the full amount? What do I need to do now?
This has been very confusing.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:05:20 AM

By the side of my name its written as 598894. Does this mean I get the full amount? What do I need to do now?
This has been very confusing.

Warfare2020

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:31:50 AM

hope node will get better and better,strong community and good team!

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VgyrAqyecP8VZvDyEtEcq9E5AMyZjrULqp
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:56:50 AM

The coins were distributed! You just have to log in to your node account!

If you have any questions, let me know!

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: