Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SillkRoad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:38:56 PM

im guessing that the wallet has to be closed and re opened manually for the blocks to update as i left mine open and it was stuck on block 665.
i re-opened the wallet and now on 694

Peers sometimes go on updated throughout the day, because of this, you must restart the client

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

im guessing that the wallet has to be closed and re opened manually for the blocks to update as i left mine open and it was stuck on block 665.

Peers sometimes go on updated throughout the day, because of this, you must restart the client
Do you mean that peers don't stay in sync?  Sorry but I find it hard to understand what you are saying at times.
SillkRoad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:07:04 PM

Do you mean that peers don't stay in sync?  Sorry but I find it hard to understand what you are saying at times.

No, the peers are constantly synchronizing with each other! I was referring at client update, as we continuously change something, older versions don't update unless re-started!
Sorry for my broken english
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:20:53 PM

1) How do you confirm the transaction
-When Adding transaction peers sends it all when another peer receives a new transaction, and it is valid, it again sends it to all active peers, if the transaction is already with peer and came transaction is valid - it is added confirmation

With this work we want to achieve high speed confirmation, so you can get more than 50 - 100 confirmation in less than 1-3 seconds
If the user Node will pay in the store will receive a quick result as Visa or PayPal

2) How does the verification blocks
- Similar to confirm the transaction

So blocks and txs are spread through the network and every single NODE node (that's a little weird to write Smiley) validates it and if valid spread it further ? If a node receives a tx or block again it is considered a confirmation ?

Isn't that susceptible to a sybill attack ? What if I put up many NODE nodes and spread my bogus txs like a maniac ?
I'm sure I'm missing something so I'm just asking because I want to understand Smiley

I'd appreciate an answer Smiley

EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:27:16 PM

-When Adding transaction peers sends it all when another peer receives a new transaction, and it is valid, it again sends it to all active peers, if the transaction is already with peer and came transaction is valid - it is added confirmation

With this work we want to achieve high speed confirmation, so you can get more than 50 - 100 confirmation in less than 1-3 seconds
If the user Node will pay in the store will receive a quick result as Visa or PayPal

So blocks and txs are spread through the network and every single NODE node (that's a little weird to write Smiley) validates it and if valid spread it further ? If a node receives a tx or block again it is considered a confirmation ?

Isn't that susceptible to a sybill attack ? What if I put up many NODE nodes and spread my bogus txs like a maniac ?
I'm sure I'm missing something so I'm just asking because I want to understand Smiley

Yes, I too was wondering about the technical details relating to this question.

Thanks

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:50:03 PM

Thanks

i also would like to know
mrvegad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:50:43 PM

No, the peers are constantly synchronizing with each other! I was referring at client update, as we continuously change something, older versions don't update unless re-started!
Sorry for my broken english
Thank you for the clarification,  don't worry once more information is made available im sure communication will be easier Smiley
mrvegad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:57:39 PM

If there are people running NODE right now try this, move your system time ahead 1 hr, hopefully we can get a few people to to do this to see what happens.  Im at work right now so i can't take part, maybe we can organize some tests later on.
SillkRoad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:02:47 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 05:16:11 PM by SillkRoad

Thanks

If the transaction is valid then there is no problem, you will help the network by contributing your node-power! But If the transaction is invalid, that it will be marked as invalid in every peer that receives it, it just will not work in any client
even if it has  already 100.500 confirmations when it will come into the working node.
Each block and the transaction is validated before confirming or adding!

Your nodes will be marked as spamming  wrong transaction, and your nodes simply fall into the black lists (it will be implemented later as a security measure)

Node.js technology allows you to handle more than one hundred thousand connections per second
mrvegad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:15:51 PM

Every time i start the client it checks all the blocks, will this change in the future or will it always need to check every block?  With 690 blocks it takes close to 5 mins before my client can be used because it is checking blocks.
SillkRoad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:17:41 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 05:29:14 PM by SillkRoad

Every time i start the client it checks all the blocks, will this change in the future or will it always need to check every block?  With 690 blocks it takes close to 5 mins before my client can be used because it is checking blocks.

it be later, and now checking goes through json
We will change the algorithm for checking through the transmission of data in bytes
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:57:47 PM

Thanks

If the transaction is valid then there is no problem, you will help the network by contributing your node-power! But If the transaction is invalid, that it will be marked as invalid in every peer that receives it, it just will not work in any client
even if it has  already 100.500 confirmations when it will come into the working node.

Your nodes will be marked as spamming  wrong transaction, and your nodes simply fall into the black lists (it will be implemented later as a security measure)

Node.js technology allows you to handle more than one hundred thousand connections per second

So basically each NODE node holds it's own blockchain and decides wether a transaction is valid on it's own ?

SillkRoad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:10:19 PM

Thanks

So basically each NODE node holds it's own blockchain and decides wether a transaction is valid on it's own ?

Yes, and NO! All the peers have the same copies of one blockchain and the active peers decide upon the creation of a new block and syncing with the new copy of the blockchain! For this system to work there will be a definite number of peers that will be forever active, and by motivating individuals with forging we will expand the network!

So this is an example of the above mentioned:

Lets say we have 3 peers

2(a & b) of them are active and one (coffee) is not!

Within 2 weeks Peer A & B made 100 trx and constructed 80 blocks!  At a given moment of time peer C connects to the network!

As a node it will first sync with other active peers and at the same time verify the correctitude of the blocks
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:41:32 PM

The devs are becoming more active on the thread... does this mean that we are expecting something to happen... hmmm very very suspicious Wink
DynhoSts

Activity: 266

day trader mode "on"

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:39:35 PM

Day after day people only search bad things to say about NODE ,devs are very actives on the forum every time reply people spreading FUD ... I hope one day these people stop search this problems in another altcoins and search the problems in this own projects ...  Roll Eyes just my simple think.
Benito

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:52:10 PM

Can we please start spreading the word about node on twitter? Also, you need to start pushing this to node.js enthusiasts and developers. It's a huge community and a very good demographic to support us.

BTC:    136LLCFTvTnXGbVjFJS29ebvmRgjRKGkBv
NODE: 5688479141554434797
mrvegad

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:56:01 PM

It looks like people can generate blocks that contain their own txs so they end up getting their own txs fees back? This has to be changed.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:37:19 AM

First I made a trade with a reputable member many hours ago. He said he sent the NODE a long time ago and gave this
tx id 10179771427853359203. The block explorer doesn't let me search by tx id but only by account #. He is offline until tomorrow so I don't know
what his account # is. Obviously I never got the NODE. So I noticed the blocks haven't moved in a long time. So I did a tiny send to test it out.

It never got sent and never showed up in the blocks. So now I'm relieved because my guy probably did send it but NODE is just stuck. So a little later I decide to do more sends only instead of using the 0.5 beta I create a throw away account using the no https webwallet. Now everything I send through the online wallet goes through quickly and reliably.

Not only that but my new throw away account which I do not even remember the passphrase for is also generating my own transactions and everybody else's. So I sign out and make up a new account with an easy to hack passphrase and I send more small amounts. So of course they all go through and I am still the only generator of them. I am the generator of the last 15 or so blocks in a row using different accounts but all using the web wallet. I am simultaneously signed in on the beta wallet with a different account which hasn't generated a single block.

So what is going on? What has happened to my large NODE purchase that most likely was sent but never showed up?
SillkRoad

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:37:28 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 02:03:34 AM by SillkRoad

It looks like people can generate blocks that contain their own txs so they end up getting their own txs fees back? This has to be changed.

Forging is not yet fully configured, we are at this stage, if you are the only one who made ​​the last transaction online and the commission goes back to you, as you have generated block

First I made a trade with a reputable member many hours ago. He said he sent the NODE a long time ago and gave this
tx id 10179771427853359203. The block explorer doesn't let me search by tx id but only by account #. He is offline until tomorrow so I don't know
what his account # is. Obviously I never got the NODE. So I noticed the blocks haven't moved in a long time. So I did a tiny send to test it out.

It never got sent and never showed up in the blocks. So now I'm relieved because my guy probably did send it but NODE is just stuck. So a little later I decide to do more sends only instead of using the 0.5 beta I create a throw away account using the no https webwallet. Now everything I send through the online wallet goes through quickly and reliably.

Not only that but my new throw away account which I do not even remember the passphrase for is also generating my own transactions and everybody else's. So I sign out and make up a new account with an easy to hack passphrase and I send more small amounts. So of course they all go through and I am still the only generator of them. I am the generator of the last 15 or so blocks in a row using different accounts but all using the web wallet. I am simultaneously signed in on the beta wallet with a different account which hasn't generated a single block.

So what is going on? What has happened to my large NODE purchase that most likely was sent but never showed up?

Last night was the updating of the network and the transaction does not fall within this time
He needs to do a new transaction, as his coins were not synchronized and Departures
We do update several times a day
mrvegad

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:41:15 AM

How does a client get selected for Forging?
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: