Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UVC] UniversityCoin | UniversityCoin.Org - Pure PoS | 9M coins mined  (Read 135273 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mckeo5514

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:49:16 PM

we need more exchanges before pos stage to raise demand

uvc: UceKHoz9GawYLXJWMXS4Zorae7xfckhJ9H
GLC: GSofp3XECUPRQL4M9Wh2gnbrZGVBSusqiT
BitcoinNEW: 15b3cJSZYNC5m7nQ9X6U5PnC11LRNPdCMa
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nish2011

Activity: 93
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:52:57 PM

The volume is a bit low, because not a lot of people want to sell at these prices, and there are some bag holders, and honestly I prefer to keep it this way until pow is over, because if we start getting huge volumes, multipools are going to rape this coin (unless price to diff is high enough to make sure that it wont be sustainable) .
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:01:29 PM

The volume is a bit low, because not a lot of people want to sell at these prices, and there are some bag holders, and honestly I prefer to keep it this way until pow is over, because if we start getting huge volumes, multipools are going to rape this coin (unless price to diff is high enough to make sure that it wont be sustainable) .

You are right. But the distribution of the coins will be better if there is more volume.

A good coin need a good distribution and a good comunity.
ando0022

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:06:17 PM

You are right. But the distribution of the coins will be better if there is more volume.

multipools are no good Distribution, maybe there are any positiv examples, but many "bad guys".
i think a over 10 gh/s for many days in a row is a good sign. (and sometimes much higher)
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:10:12 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 10:36:10 PM by rudius

multipools are no good Distribution, maybe there are any positiv examples, but many "bad guys".
i think a over 10 gh/s for many days in a row is a good sign. (and sometimes much higher)

multipools actually are very good for distribution. It s true that they rape a coin because they dump a shitload of coins, but this way more people are getting it. As a comunity, we want the maximum holders. We don t want a farm owner to hold 10% of all coins for example.

A big hashrate is a very good sign of adoption, but i really think that we need volume asap. 7 days is very short for distribution.
lexusivan888

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:15:48 PM

we cant say it's a good sign at all... its a sign of uncertainty!
see what happened today to AC....first DEV  FUD 300M coins, then someone hacked the net with 51%hashes and doubled the coins in transactions
what we have now is quite similar to AC in the early days,,
ando0022

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:19:16 PM

see what happened today to AC....first DEV  FUD 300M coins, then someone hacked the net with 51%hashes and doubled the coins in transactions

This is the Story from the dev ... after someone analyzed the source and write into the thread ..
i don´t believe the dev of ac.
But of course a 51% attack is possible !
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:27:48 PM

This is the Story from the dev ... after someone analyzed the source and write into the thread ..

guys, the hidden coins were in the genesis block. So this is impossible that a 51% attack could have put them there. Plus there was some code in the wallet to hide the true number of available coins. This was a very smart scam. 3B coins hidden in the genesis block.

I hope that s not the case here, maybe it would be good to have a review of the code by someone.

edit: i just reviewed the code and there isn t the same code that was used for ShaCoin or AsiaCoin to hide the coins.
nish2011

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:32:42 PM

guys, the hidden coins were in the genesis block. So this is impossible that a 51% attack could have put them there. Plus there was some code in the wallet to hide the true number of available coins. This was a very smart scam. 3B coins hidden in the genesis block.

I hope that s not the case here, maybe it would be good to have a review of the code by someone.

I think it will be a good idea for someone reliable to vet the source code, I would donate 1000 uvc for some to check the source code, its needs be someone that has a good reputation tough, simply post your wallet address after checking the source code, I am sure other people will do the same.
lexusivan888

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

I think it will be a good idea for someone reliable to vet the source code, I would donate 1000 uvc for some to check the source code, its needs be someone that has a good reputation tough, simply post your wallet address after checking the source code, I am sure other people will do the same.

+1 we need someone to check the source code!

honestly, i dont trust any POW+POS coins no more. coz i witnessed a lot of this kind cheatings...
POW+POS is a perfect mechanism for DEVs to do crime. and, TRUST NO DEV UNLESS HE PROVES TO BE TRUSTABLE!

for me, once UVC kicks in some bigger exchange, i will aim a certain price and cash out.
i see danger in the long run investments in POW+POS
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:43:14 PM

honestly, i dont trust any POW+POS coins no more. coz i witnessed a lot of this kind cheatings...
POW+POS is a perfect mechanism for DEVs to do crime. and, TRUST NO DEV UNLESS HE PROVES TO BE TRUSTABLE!

for me, once UVC kicks in some bigger exchange, i will aim a certain price and cash out.

If we want someone to review the code, we will have to do a bounty.
nish2011

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:53:32 PM

Yeah if someone could setup a bounty it would be perfect I can donate, even if its in bitcoins, btw if university coins manages to make a wallet with pos on mobile, and with the ability to take sales etc, this would be the coin to hold, as if it gets into uni's this coin will really take off and unlike other pos coins, it will have a niche market, and the devs are quite active by the look of things as it has university ambassadors.
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:57:03 PM

Yeah if someone could setup a bounty it would be perfect I can donate, even if its in bitcoins, btw if university coins manages to make a wallet with pos on mobile, and with the ability to take sales etc, this would be the coin to hold, as if it gets into uni's this coin will really take off and unlike other pos coins, it will have a niche market, and the devs are quite active by the look of things as it has university ambassadors.

yes i  completely agree with this. The coin targets a very promising market.
lvyuan95

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:05:13 PM

If you guys don't trust the dev, why not just go away and find another shitcoin?

I can't believe still ppl out there don't trust this project, the dev IS really doing something. The relaunch, the community feedback, and the compensation for rig rental(It's like the very first time I've seen a dev made this call, which was responsible unlike some other devs)

Anyway, the time will tell Smiley
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

my wallet is receiving POS stakes...

arent we supposed to receive stakes after POW Huh

anyone replies on this Huh??

DEV, pls reply abt my confuse

The PoW and PoS started at the same time, which is better, isn't it?  Smiley
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:10:27 PM

why uvc is not yet on mintpal voting?!
why there is only 120 votes for UVC on cryptsy?!
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:10:35 PM

edit: i just reviewed the code and there isn t the same code that was used for ShaCoin or AsiaCoin to hide the coins.

Thank you for clarification Smiley
mckeo5514

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:10:42 PM

the code looks fine to me

uvc: UceKHoz9GawYLXJWMXS4Zorae7xfckhJ9H
GLC: GSofp3XECUPRQL4M9Wh2gnbrZGVBSusqiT
BitcoinNEW: 15b3cJSZYNC5m7nQ9X6U5PnC11LRNPdCMa
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:13:44 PM

Thank you for clarification Smiley

you are welcome. Understand that s nothing personal but this is difficult time for POS coin right now Smiley
lexusivan888

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:25:35 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you guys don't trust the dev, why not just go away and find another shitcoin?

I can't believe still ppl out there don't trust this project, the dev IS really doing something. The relaunch, the community feedback, and the compensation for rig rental(It's like the very first time I've seen a dev made this call, which was responsible unlike some other devs)

Anyway, the time will tell Smiley
[/quote]

did AC coin turn out to be shitcoin  before today? then why is that now...?
if u like some coin and wanna get involved, does it mean u shall bow to the DEV ?
wake up, kiddo,, shit happens!
it does no harm to be cautious.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: